Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Post New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >

Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes

Posted: 8/16/2014 6:58 PM

Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


Avatar

Posted: 8/16/2014 7:06 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


I think he's getting close to done, but as a #3/#4 guy he's still a matchup problem.

I'll never forgive him for beating the coverage in OT in 2010.
Avatar

Posted: 8/16/2014 9:49 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


That's pretty scary.  They have similar offensive talent to us.  I guess it comes down to Cutler vs Stafford.  Although I think we have a much better o-line.
Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 2:19 AM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


They are deeper on offense than us. We are one injury away from being subpar. It's not that tight for them. But I agree we have the better OL.


---------------------------------------------
--- socko wrote:

That's pretty scary.  They have similar offensive talent to us.  I guess it comes down to Cutler vs Stafford.  Although I think we have a much better o-line.

---------------------------------------------
"Oh that's great"
Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 8:45 AM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


i think it's a solid pick up for them.  cutler's just as talented as stafford; he's just a weird personality.  i think the bears will be better advertised

Posted: 8/17/2014 9:38 AM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


Holmes is a nutcase and a big lockeroom cancer, so needless to say I approve of this signing for Duh Bears.
gkelly: Stafford can always put these together when the game is out of reach.  He's simply a fantasy football QB who racks up stats in garbage time.
Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 9:47 AM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


I am not worried about Holmes. He hasn't done a whole lot in his last few years in the league. 

I worry more about AJ who is a monster. Marshall will get his but AJ is the one who terrifies me.

Bears are in same boat as us really. Solid offense (weaker line then us) and a streaky QB with all the tools who has yet to put it together.
A better D-line then last year but still a little soft at DT. They have awful Safeties. Not sure about their CB depth behind starters.

Similar to us but we have solid S play and mediocre (at best) Cb play.'

Bears getting lots of love this offseason but they will still go as Cutler goes. I expect that Defense to be better but I don't expect them to go from awful to great in one offseason. If Cutler can ball this year they will be very very tough.

IMO Bears and Lions almost mirror images of each other in terms of how teams are currently built.

I also like our offense more since we have more weapons. They have some solid WR and TE options along with Forte. We have the same thing with several RB options.

Gonna be a fun season. Hope we sweep them again this season.

Either way I still think GB takes division after watching Rodgers game yesterday.

Are we ever gonna win it??

Posted: 8/17/2014 9:51 AM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


He can probably still use a veteran's saavy to abuse the heck out of whatever poor sap becomes our nickleback.

 

Naw, I'm sure Bentley will take him right to shutdown town.

One of these days, I'm gonna change my evil ways, one of these days. Until then, I'll just keep riding on.
Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 10:42 AM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


Put it this way,  Nate Burleson > Santonio Holmes

That should say it all!

Posted: 8/17/2014 12:36 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 



scottallen222 wrote: Put it this way,  Nate Burleson > Santonio Holmes

That should say it all!
if holmes is no better than bennett then nothing has changed for them, their defense is what will hold them back.

plus no more big plays from hester on special teams
Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 12:39 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 



lionsfanstuckincheeseland wrote:
scottallen222 wrote: Put it this way,  Nate Burleson > Santonio Holmes

That should say it all!
if holmes is no better than bennett then nothing has changed for them, their defense is what will hold them back.

plus no more big plays from hester on special teams
When healthy, Bennett was way-better than Holmes.

Holmes has had 23 and 20 receptions in his last two seasons.

Posted: 8/17/2014 1:34 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 



BigWillieStyle wrote: They are deeper on offense than us. We are one injury away from being subpar. It's not that tight for them. But I agree we have the better OL.


---------------------------------------------
--- socko wrote:

That's pretty scary.  They have similar offensive talent to us.  I guess it comes down to Cutler vs Stafford.  Although I think we have a much better o-line.

---------------------------------------------
What????  Where are they deeper?   WR is a push among the top 3 per side, going 4-6 deep favors the Lions.  Deeper at  RB?  Nope.  TE?  Nope.  Nope, nope and nope!
  • gcoop33
  • Kujo-eating Kitten
  • 896 posts this site

Posted: 8/17/2014 1:36 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


This is a real bizarre comment. You give Holmes numbers the last two seasons.... When he was hurt, but then sayif Earl Bennett is healthy he is better than Holmes when he is hurt. So does that mean. Holmes hurt is better than Earl hurt? And Holmes Healthy is better than Earl Bennett healthy? If that is what you are sAying I agree. A healthy. Bennett is better than a hurt HolmeS. That I will give you.

Holmes is the 5th option in the offense. Doesn't have to be much. Bears don't have much invested in it. Not sure the guy has much left after the bad foot injury. But they signed him so they must h be see. Enough to give it a try after his workout last week.

Can't see the defense being as bad as last year, and if they can go from god awful to mediocre that should be good enough to get em in one way or another. Will come down to health on who wins the north.


---------------------------------------------
--- scottallen222 wrote:


lionsfanstuckincheeseland wrote:
scottallen222 wrote: Put it this way,  Nate Burleson > Santonio Holmes

That should say it all!
if holmes is no better than bennett then nothing has changed for them, their defense is what will hold them back.

plus no more big plays from hester on special teams
When healthy, Bennett was way-better than Holmes.

Holmes has had 23 and 20 receptions in his last two seasons.

---------------------------------------------

Posted: 8/17/2014 2:16 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 



BigWillieStyle wrote: They are deeper on offense than us. We are one injury away from being subpar. It's not that tight for them. But I agree we have the better OL.


---------------------------------------------
--- socko wrote:

That's pretty scary.  They have similar offensive talent to us.  I guess it comes down to Cutler vs Stafford.  Although I think we have a much better o-line.

---------------------------------------------
Where are they deeper at?

Cutler goes down and they are starting Jimmy Clausen
Forte goes down and its Shaun Draughn time.

They have a good trio at WR/WR/TE and Jeffery is a good borderline #1 WR...but with Wilson out they don't have a #3 WR right now.
Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 2:49 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


I like our coaching staff better then the Bears' staff.

Perhaps that will be the difference in the standings.

Posted: 8/17/2014 4:28 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


They should have signed John Holmes. He's a real deep threat. I'm just saying, the guy goes long. If you want to throw balls deep, John is your man. If you play loose, he'll spread you out and find the open hole.

My biggest fear with Holmes is that he was faking/overplaying his hamstring injury last year because he wanted out, and he's still got what it takes. But his history has made it clear...if the team is losing or he's not getting the ball...he pouts.
Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 4:38 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 



gcoop33 wrote: This is a real bizarre comment. You give Holmes numbers the last two seasons.... When he was hurt, but then sayif Earl Bennett is healthy he is better than Holmes when he is hurt. So does that mean. Holmes hurt is better than Earl hurt? And Holmes Healthy is better than Earl Bennett healthy? If that is what you are sAying I agree. A healthy. Bennett is better than a hurt HolmeS. That I will give you.

Holmes is the 5th option in the offense. Doesn't have to be much. Bears don't have much invested in it. Not sure the guy has much left after the bad foot injury. But they signed him so they must h be see. Enough to give it a try after his workout last week.

Can't see the defense being as bad as last year, and if they can go from god awful to mediocre that should be good enough to get em in one way or another. Will come down to health on who wins the north.


---------------------------------------------
--- scottallen222 wrote:


lionsfanstuckincheeseland wrote:
scottallen222 wrote: Put it this way,  Nate Burleson > Santonio Holmes

That should say it all!
if holmes is no better than bennett then nothing has changed for them, their defense is what will hold them back.

plus no more big plays from hester on special teams
When healthy, Bennett was way-better than Holmes.

Holmes has had 23 and 20 receptions in his last two seasons.

---------------------------------------------
Santonio started 11 games last season, 23 receptionsl  I doubt he's a factor.

Last edited 8/17/2014 4:39 PM by scottallen222

Avatar

Posted: 8/17/2014 4:48 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 





---------------------------------------------
--- redwing777 wrote:


BigWillieStyle wrote: They are deeper on offense than us. We are one injury away from being subpar. It's not that tight for them. But I agree we have the better OL.


---------------------------------------------
--- socko wrote:

That's pretty scary.  They have similar offensive talent to us.  I guess it comes down to Cutler vs Stafford.  Although I think we have a much better o-line.

---------------------------------------------
What????  Where are they deeper?   WR is a push among the top 3 per side, going 4-6 deep favors the Lions.  Deeper at  RB?  Nope.  TE?  Nope.  Nope, nope and nope!

---------------------------------------------

Dude seriously don't be such a homer. I would take Chicago ' s third WR over ours. We don't even know who will fill that role yet. We hope it's Broyles but one he has to stay healthy & two he has to prove it. I would take Matt Forte over Bush & Bell. And what TE on our team has proven that he is better than Martellus Bennett, not that Bennett has proven a whole lot. But still?
"Oh that's great"

Posted: 8/17/2014 4:52 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


Chicago doesn't even know who their third WR is either...

And Chicago still isn't deeper

Posted: 8/17/2014 4:54 PM

Re: Chicago Bears sign WR Santonio Holmes 


I'll take a healthy Broyles(question mark) over Marquess Wilson who has a whopping 2 NFL receptions to his name
Post New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >