Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11

Avatar

Posted: 11/07/2012 5:58 AM

NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 10:18 AM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 


The human element of these polls are so pathetic. How can they vote for or against teams they've never seen play. Gulf Coast is the best team in the nation even with one loss.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 1:20 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 



somewhereovadwaynebowe wrote: The human element of these polls are so pathetic. How can they vote for or against teams they've never seen play. Gulf Coast is the best team in the nation even with one loss.

Oh, look, someone else who has do idea what they're talking about.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 2:17 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 


I'm pretty sure this is SOS, using less emoticons, colors, underlining, etc. to conceal his identity. 

 

Or it's his inbred cousin.

 

Could go either way. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 4:41 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 


SOS? whatever that is.. or whoever that is... irish explain to me how im wrong? Butler you should be a little less ignorant by calling people inbreds. Take a trip out of your own state once in a while. You will see that other parts of the country are modernized. But still yall's schools play cup cake schedules
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 5:07 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 



somewhereovadwaynebowe wrote: irish explain to me how im wrong? 
i'm not going to even address the SOS part even though you sound exactly like him.  that's kind of sad because that leads me to believe that everyone down there is like that and it's not just a schtick.  

so, reasons you're wrong:

you're wrong because it's an even more unqualified statement than the pollsters make with their ballots.  you have nothing to back it up other than simply saying that they're the best.  shouting it louder doesn't make it any truer.

you're wrong because no matter how much you think you know, you simply don't because you don't have the access to more games than the pollsters.  you've not seen games in arizona, nfc, kjccc, mfc, texas, etc.  while most voters may have not seen many games in multiple conferences, you can bet that they'd still have a better idea than you.

you're wrong because no one has seen a ms school play anyone other than ms schools.  maybe if they played a couple of ooc games each year they'd get more respect.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 5:20 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 



Irish2009 wrote:
somewhereovadwaynebowe wrote: irish explain to me how im wrong? 
i'm not going to even address the SOS part even though you sound exactly like him.  that's kind of sad because that leads me to believe that everyone down there is like that and it's not just a schtick.  

so, reasons you're wrong:

you're wrong because it's an even more unqualified statement than the pollsters make with their ballots.  you have nothing to back it up other than simply saying that they're the best.  shouting it louder doesn't make it any truer.

you're wrong because no matter how much you think you know, you simply don't because you don't have the access to more games than the pollsters.  you've not seen games in arizona, nfc, kjccc, mfc, texas, etc.  while most voters may have not seen many games in multiple conferences, you can bet that they'd still have a better idea than you.

you're wrong because no one has seen a ms school play anyone other than ms schools.  maybe if they played a couple of ooc games each year they'd get more respect.
OK....


You're wrong because the state champion of the MACJC plays the number three or four seed in the MS bowl every year and the result is always the same. A long, sad ride back to whatever state they came from. Check out the results of those games and the teams that participated for yourself. 

your're wrong because to tell me that pollsters see all of the top teams in the country, well you're just wrong about that. And to tell me that they aren't biased then you would def be wrong.

You're wrong because the MACJC has strict recruiting rules pertaing to out of state signees. Each team is only allowed 8 not like the 18 that Iowa Western has. So in other words all the players are from the same area. How many of the top 5 teams can say that? 

You're wrong because no one sees MS teams play just like you said. It's not the MS teams fault that nobody gets out of their box to watch other football games.

p.s. "truer" is not a word... it's "more true"

.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 5:32 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 



somewhereovadwaynebowe wrote: 
OK....


You're wrong because the state champion of the MACJC plays the number three or four seed in the MS bowl every year and the result is always the same. A long, sad ride back to whatever state they came from. Check out the results of those games and the teams that participated for yourself. 

your're wrong because to tell me that pollsters see all of the top teams in the country, well you're just wrong about that. And to tell me that they aren't biased then you would def be wrong.

You're wrong because the MACJC has strict recruiting rules pertaing to out of state signees. Each team is only allowed 8 not like the 18 that Iowa Western has. So in other words all the players are from the same area. How many of the top 5 teams can say that? 

You're wrong because no one sees MS teams play just like you said. It's not the MS teams fault that nobody gets out of their box to watch other football games.

p.s. "truer" is not a word... it's "more true"

.

1 - That mississippi bowl has only been in existence for four years: once hosting GA Mil (yawn), AZW who lost by a field goal, Grand Rapids who put up almost 60 points on your beloved MSGCC, and last year a fledgling Blinn team.  Color me not impressed, barely winning this bowl by one score or less in half the games.

2 - i didn't say the pollsters weren't biased.  i didn't say they had seen all the top teams in the country... stop with the straw man arguments because it's really f-ing annoying.  i said they've seen more than you have.  that is a fact.

3 - every conference has limitations on out of state kids.  there's not as much of a need for out of state kids in the south (MS and TX) as there is in KS and the midwest.  i never claimed the midwest was a bastion of high school talent.  TX, FL, CA, OH, PA.  again, stop creating a straw man.

4 - MS plays who is in front of them each year but never seeks to play anyone outside of their bubble.  that's the conference's problem and something that can be addressed.  

5- so... "truer" um... is a word.  has been for a long, long time. a simple google search could have cleared that up for you, or hey, crack open a dictionary (not that i expect you to own one) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/truer
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 7:49 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 


So now teams that aren't in your conference are inferior? Every team you just posted was ranked very respectably. GM I think was number 3. And you act as if Blinn is a joke.. It doesn't matter what facts are put in front of you, you will never get off you high horse and come down to reality. The facts are the facts.tongue
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 7:50 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 


And why don't you expect me to have a dictionary? I gotta hear this one
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/08/2012 8:14 PM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 



somewhereovadwaynebowe wrote: And why don't you expect me to have a dictionary? I gotta hear this one
because you didn't know that "truer" is a word.  it's a pretty common word.  if you had owned one, perhaps you would have looked first.  

or, maybe you do own one and your mouth is apt to fire off statements that you can't back up, but sound reasonable to you.

Last edited 11/08/2012 8:18 PM by Irish2009

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/09/2012 11:15 AM

Re: NJCAA Top 20 Poll - Week #11 


I guess it just didn't sound right when I read it. But yes it is a word. Congats buddy biggrin
Reply | Quote