Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA

Avatar

Posted: 06/23/2014 3:38 PM

Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


One of my High School softball players has taken up an offer from Arizona Western instead of going to Bakersfield College.

At Western, she gets, tuition, dorm, and a 600 dollar a month debit card to eat at any campus facility.

At BC she would have only gotten a pregame hot dog which would have led to an immediate suspension of all athletics at BC.

Cuz you know eating hot dogs is as un-American as it gets....

Last edited 06/23/2014 3:39 PM by Murph11

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 5:51 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


SOOOOooooo TRUE, Murph . . . .SOOOOooooo TRUE
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 6:22 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


Do you think the CA would ever subsidize athletics more than they do right now? With Title IX and the way politics works in the state and low cost of in-state tuition I can't see it happening any time soon (or even down the road).
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 6:30 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 7:16 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


I'm attaching an article regarding this topic, the article relates to Palomar College and it's baseball program . . . Murph's local athlete does have to leave her hometown, but will receive financial compensation for her athletic talents . . . In turn, she will hopefully move on to the four-year level with a grant-in-aid package . . .

www2.palomar.edu/telescope/2014/03/10/recruiting/

Last edited 06/23/2014 7:18 PM by diablos06

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/23/2014 9:56 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 



diablos06 wrote: I'm attaching an article regarding this topic, the article relates to Palomar College and it's baseball program . . . Murph's local athlete does have to leave her hometown, but will receive financial compensation for her athletic talents . . . In turn, she will hopefully move on to the four-year level with a grant-in-aid package . . .

www2.palomar.edu/telescope/2014/03/10/recruiting/
Interesting article - a true Community College (original definition).  I wonder what  the difference was between now and back when Craft coached there and Palomar was a powerhouse - it had to be more than just great coaching.  Did they bring players in in those days?  Uriah - do you know anything about the Craft era at Palomar?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/24/2014 11:23 AM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


No Steiner, I don't think they will ever subsidize like the NJCAA. The good thing about Arizona Western is that they will compete in the fall league against some PAC-12 schools in tourneys. Lots of exposure for the JC kids and that is what I am hoping for with my player. Athletically she is worthy of the PAC-12, but it's all about pitching at that level and you have to be able to hit 68 mile an hour risers.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/24/2014 2:38 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 



acdad0330 wrote:
diablos06 wrote: I'm attaching an article regarding this topic, the article relates to Palomar College and it's baseball program . . . Murph's local athlete does have to leave her hometown, but will receive financial compensation for her athletic talents . . . In turn, she will hopefully move on to the four-year level with a grant-in-aid package . . .

www2.palomar.edu/telescope/2014/03/10/recruiting/
Interesting article - a true Community College (original definition).  I wonder what  the difference was between now and back when Craft coached there and Palomar was a powerhouse - it had to be more than just great coaching.  Did they bring players in in those days?  Uriah - do you know anything about the Craft era at Palomar?
I imagine he had a high octane, QB-centric offense and as many great players as he could get, from wherever he could get them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/24/2014 7:36 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


As a Mountie fan in the 1990's, watching Palomar run its no-huddle hurry-up offense was truely a treat for fans . . . It was new, innovative, and had your attention as a fan . . . Tom had no physically gifted signal-callers, much like the young men at RCC who have successfully run his offense, they were cerebral in nature . . . For example Tom Luginbill, currently an ESPN college analyst, and while his dad was head coach at SDSU, ran Coach Craft's offense successfully for two years. He would later transfer to Georgia Tech . . . Tom had some talent from the LA area, a physically pounding running back from a LA city school would earn a scholarship to Kansas St . . . Tom Craft certainly earned his stripes while at Palomar and would later move on to his alma mater, San Diego St, as an assistant coach and head coach . . . I first met Tom while he was a player (QB) at SDSU when my childhood friend teamed up in the backfield with Tom and Deacon Turner (BC) . . . Coach Craft has etched his trademark offense within CA Community Colleges, his reputation is second to none based on his success over the years, and to this day, I'm always excited and look forward to seeing him roam the sidelines executing a system he believes in, and more importantly, has mastered . . .
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/24/2014 8:49 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 



diablos06 wrote: As a Mountie fan in the 1990's, watching Palomar run its no-huddle hurry-up offense was truely a treat for fans . . . It was new, innovative, and had your attention as a fan . . . Tom had no physically gifted signal-callers, much like the young men at RCC who have successfully run his offense, they were cerebral in nature . . . For example Tom Luginbill, currently an ESPN college analyst, and while his dad was head coach at SDSU, ran Coach Craft's offense successfully for two years. He would later transfer to Georgia Tech . . . Tom had some talent from the LA area, a physically pounding running back from a LA city school would earn a scholarship to Kansas St . . . Tom Craft certainly earned his stripes while at Palomar and would later move on to his alma mater, San Diego St, as an assistant coach and head coach . . . I first met Tom while he was a player (QB) at SDSU when my childhood friend teamed up in the backfield with Tom and Deacon Turner (BC) . . . Coach Craft has etched his trademark offense within CA Community Colleges, his reputation is second to none based on his success over the years, and to this day, I'm always excited and look forward to seeing him roam the sidelines executing a system he believes in, and more importantly, has mastered . . .

Great post!  Last year was a good example of a gifted coach adapting to the personel he had.  The balanced attack...noideaIt has won the south the last several years.   

But.........Still NO ORANGE!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/02/2014 1:14 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


Ya
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/02/2014 5:18 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


I'm not sure of the year they stopped playing football but a big part of the football renaissance at Palomar was due to Miracosta jc cancelling football.  In today's market that would be the equivalent of GW cancelling football and OCC reaping the talent pool.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/02/2014 7:13 PM

Re: Difference between NJCAA and CCCAA 


GoBruins72 . . . Meaning Palomar would pick up the Oceanside athletes, a community rich in H.S football tradition . . .

Last edited 07/02/2014 7:13 PM by diablos06

Reply | Quote