Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

~Message for Free Board Posters~

Avatar

Posted: 10/2/2011 7:44 AM

~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


Being easy-going and understanding hasn't worked for me here. Some people are to socially immature to self-censor and the more freedom I give, the more some folks will take advantage of it.

Think about some if the screen names I allow, including the guy whose buddies feel the need to start a thread in his honor.

I can't see everything on here. I'm sure I and the other moderators miss inappropriate posts. So the "but someone has written worse things than me" excuse doesn't work. Everybody is responsible for himself or herself.

The thing is, if you're a habitual offender, sooner or later you'll be found out. And there are long-time posters on here who are good at reporting disrespectful posters, flamers, trolls, etc. because they care about the board.

These folks and others who show that it's about the community and good, mature Hawkeye talk get the benefit of the doubt from me. Those people that act like it's about them and disrespect others, don't receive that courtesy.

Again, all are welcome to join this community. We approve most requests to post here. But you're anonymous guests on the free boards. As I said, there are many posters on here who are preferred guests, a status earned over time. This isn't the Wild West. We have rules and a decorum to be followed.

This board isn't for everyone.
Follow HawkeyeInsider on Twitter
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/4/2011 11:55 AM

RE: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


This is the best forum that I have been on. Express your opinions in a "DIPLOMATIC WAY". We don't all agree. Lets have a good time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2011 6:52 PM

RE: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


Hey Rob... you have a great web-site and you are more than generous to allow for all kinds of great perspectives and takes on the free message boards. I hope and suspect that this pays off for you.

Thanks again. Also love some of your hard nosed, but always fair and well measured reporting and questions at pressers or on the side.

Keep up the good work.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/14/2012 8:04 PM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


There are two kinds of people on this forum.


Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2012 6:55 PM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


Great message from the boss. Believe me,I have been to all of the sites,including other colleges and this is hands down the best one. No,I am far from a sucky and of nothing to gain. I am just speaking the truth.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/5/2012 3:48 PM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


NT
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/9/2012 12:32 AM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


As a moderator of another forum here at Scout this original post was great and very fair.


Good forum, I'm planning on becoming a more regular member here.

Mike
F451

Last edited 4/22/2013 10:03 AM by fireman451

Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/29/2012 11:11 AM

RE: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


Good post, Rob. It seems this issue has gotten worse of late. The OP will start a topic and within 5 posts it gets into a pissing contest (usually between just two people). I think it's great to disagree - that's what a democracy is all about. But let's have a disagreement over the topic and stop attacking the person who makes the argument. It's one thing to say, "I disagree because ...". It's quite another to say, "You are a F%$&%$ idiot because you said that".
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/29/2012 8:58 PM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


I agree, but I think to much freedom is being given out on these boards.  The name calling I am seeing here is getting out of control.  I just got called a nazi a few days ago and all the mod did was lock the thread.  I may not be a paid subscriber but I have been a frequent visitor here for years.  Crap like this will drive me away along with other good Hawk fans.

 

Rob, if you read this check out this thread http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=8&f=1377&t= 9010656.  I am trying to figure out why the nazi reference was not, at the very least, deleted.  Then in this thread I get told "if the shoe fits wear it" http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s...7&t=9022188.

 

This kind of stuff needs to stop.

coachesdaughter wrote: (were do i come up with this..cause i actually know about football)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/5/2012 7:05 AM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 



EstronHawk wrote: Flamers?  what about gdr?  he is always looking to pick fights with posters on here.
I can understand why they keep GDR here, at least he is paying towards keeping the site active and he only spews his crap in the OT section.  BT spews his crap all over everything and everybody, provoking fights and name calling with no good reason.
coachesdaughter wrote: (were do i come up with this..cause i actually know about football)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 9/3/2012 8:47 PM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


you mean he starts a thread with an assumption for an argument. 
ssckelley wrote:
EstronHawk wrote: Flamers?  what about gdr?  he is always looking to pick fights with posters on here.
I can understand why they keep GDR here, at least he is paying towards keeping the site active and he only spews his crap in the OT section.  BT spews his crap all over everything and everybody, provoking fights and name calling with no good reason.
"God bless you Captain Hindsight!?"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 9/17/2012 12:34 PM

RE: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


I love GDR, hope he's feeling better!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/7/2012 11:23 AM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


THANK YOU ROB!
 You echo our thoughts perfectly.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 9/15/2013 4:24 PM

Re: ~Message for Free Board Posters~ 


I am going to use this topic to make my first post. I have been on the other major site for several years now. What I am getting so sick and tired of is bringing up topics and most of what I find is so much negativity towards other posters and being really cruel to the players that are working their tails off trying to make a difference. I am as passionate about our team as anyone and I also get frustrated when things don't go the way everyone expects. But what I do not do is to belittle players, call other posters names or feel as though I need to stick some suggestive comment in every post I make. I like reading others information and look forward to spending more time on this board. GO HAWKS!
Reply | Quote