Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State

Posted: 7/22/2014 2:05 PM

Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


Good for him, hopefully he can get them to 4 or 5 wins.  noidea

Go Hawks!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 3:16 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


haha why? why put yourself thru torture when you don't have to? rhodes will be toast in another year or two as will be the RB's coach.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 3:45 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


Can't blame him. Some guys would rather play for a loser, than practice for a winner.
I love it, I love it, I love it!!! -Jim Zabel
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 4:33 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


All ISUx put downs aside, Ozibo is a really good get for them.  This kid can play.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 4:43 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



ArvadaHawk wrote: All ISUx put downs aside, Ozibo is a really good get for them.  This kid can play.
Exactly. I don't think much of ISU's football program, but I hope Ozigbo does well there, except against the Hawks. It is a very good verbal, but they need someone to block for him also.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 7:36 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


Man, Rhoads really can sell icicles to Eskimos!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 7:59 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


Ozigbo had a ton of offers; what a great get for the clones. I thought with the addition of OC Davis that we would have a leg up in Texas. I guess he wanted to play Big 12 ball!
Restore the Order, Go Hawks!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:37 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


I think we get Ware on Saturday.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:41 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



TJHawkeye wrote: Man, Rhoads really can sell icicles to Eskimos!
His friends and family can probably see all of his games on TV and many in person, since he will be playing in the B12.
"If the other team doesn't score, the worst we can do is tie." - Hayden Fry

Last edited 7/22/2014 8:43 PM by Dohly

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:48 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



kuhlman41 wrote: I think we get Ware on Saturday.
If Ware is going public on Saturday, our coaches probably already know if he is coming here unless he has another visit scheduled.
"If the other team doesn't score, the worst we can do is tie." - Hayden Fry
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


That would be awesome to get ware. I think Ozigbo knows he can play early.
Reply | Quote
  • hoxrock
  • HI Legend
  • 6950 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:05 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



bearshawk wrote: haha why? why put yourself thru torture when you don't have to? rhodes will be toast in another year or two as will be the RB's coach.

It is the defensive coordinator's turn to go.  Messingham was already blamed for last year's problems despite the defense giving up 500 yards per game.  He was replaced by Mangino, who will take no heat for any problems this year because of who he is.  This means Wally Burnham will be the one drawing the ire of the message board posters and postgame show callers since, like all Big 12 schools, ISU will give up 500 yards a game again this year.  Burnham will be fired and replaced for the 2015 season and when both the offense and defense suck even worse in 2015, Rhoads burns through another 2-3 QB's, and ISU wins another 3 games, only then will Rhoads be fired.  But the defensive coordinator must be fired first.  It's a process.
"That's Football."-- Kirk Ferentz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 8:37 AM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



hoxrock wrote:
bearshawk wrote: haha why? why put yourself thru torture when you don't have to? rhodes will be toast in another year or two as will be the RB's coach.

It is the defensive coordinator's turn to go.  Messingham was already blamed for last year's problems despite the defense giving up 500 yards per game.  He was replaced by Mangino, who will take no heat for any problems this year because of who he is.  This means Wally Burnham will be the one drawing the ire of the message board posters and postgame show callers since, like all Big 12 schools, ISU will give up 500 yards a game again this year.  Burnham will be fired and replaced for the 2015 season and when both the offense and defense suck even worse in 2015, Rhoads burns through another 2-3 QB's, and ISU wins another 3 games, only then will Rhoads be fired.  But the defensive coordinator must be fired first.  It's a process.
Haha this is not something I cannot argue with at all!

GO HAWKS!!

Last edited 7/23/2014 8:39 AM by HawkFever1986

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 3:19 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



TJHawkeye wrote: Man, Rhoads really can sell icicles to Eskimos!
The DSM register quoted Ozigbo as being impressed with Rhoads in his leather motorcycle jacket. DAMN ... now why couldn't we have thought of that???
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 4:31 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



hoxrock wrote:
bearshawk wrote: haha why? why put yourself thru torture when you don't have to? rhodes will be toast in another year or two as will be the RB's coach.

It is the defensive coordinator's turn to go.  Messingham was already blamed for last year's problems despite the defense giving up 500 yards per game.  He was replaced by Mangino, who will take no heat for any problems this year because of who he is.  This means Wally Burnham will be the one drawing the ire of the message board posters and postgame show callers since, like all Big 12 schools, ISU will give up 500 yards a game again this year.  Burnham will be fired and replaced for the 2015 season and when both the offense and defense suck even worse in 2015, Rhoads burns through another 2-3 QB's, and ISU wins another 3 games, only then will Rhoads be fired.  But the defensive coordinator must be fired first.  It's a process.
Unfortunately, this is probably an accurate portrayal of the future.

It is kind of amazing how little heat Rhodes has taken, given his 14-29 conference record.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:21 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



ichawk2442 wrote:

It is kind of amazing how little heat Rhodes has taken, given his 14-29 conference record.


14-29?  I thought Rhoads had built something huge!

Ozigbo will probably follow in the footsteps of other high profile running backs who verbally commited to ISU.  You remember them -- Tommy Mister, Barkley Hill, and DeVondrick Nealy.
Hilton Magic-where Hoiberg the magician makes scholarships disappear. D Buckley,C Boozer,L Dendy,B Palo,E McKnight,D Phillips,C Godfrey,T Sledge,N Okoro,R Amardi,KJ Bluford, & P Gibson approve this message.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:21 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


The deciding factor may have been the clean tap water. Hooray! confused
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 10:39 AM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


What is their coaches record against the hawkeyes?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/27/2014 11:29 AM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


He has built something huge! He's SO PROUD!.........of winning the Insight bowl 5 years ago, which was also his only winning season.

Listening to Murph and Andy in Des Moines, you'd think the 'Clones were on the verge of challenging for Big 12 titles.  Did you hear?  They are bowling in the endzone!  rolleyes
                                           http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h0DYwebttAs/TlZrU6oJFSI/AAAAAAAAAL0/r-oUfbrq-Js/s320/Feather%2BJerseys.png
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/27/2014 11:38 AM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



HawkFever1986 wrote: Haha this is not something I cannot argue with at all!

GO HAWKS!!

LOL. What??
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 1:20 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



RunDMK88 wrote: He has built something huge! He's SO PROUD!.........of winning the Insight bowl 5 years ago, which was also his only winning season.


The Insight Bowl team was made up of players like Austen Arnaud and other who were recruited to ISU by Dan McCarney.  What has Rhoads done with the players he has recruited?
Hilton Magic-where Hoiberg the magician makes scholarships disappear. D Buckley,C Boozer,L Dendy,B Palo,E McKnight,D Phillips,C Godfrey,T Sledge,N Okoro,R Amardi,KJ Bluford, & P Gibson approve this message.
Reply | Quote
  • hoxrock
  • HI Legend
  • 6950 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 7/27/2014 3:40 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



RunDMK88 wrote: He has built something huge! He's SO PROUD!.........of winning the Insight bowl 5 years ago, which was also his only winning season.

Listening to Murph and Andy in Des Moines, you'd think the 'Clones were on the verge of challenging for Big 12 titles.  Did you hear?  They are bowling in the endzone!  rolleyes

It will look really sharp with red tarps covering all the empty seats when Iowa isn't playing them.
"That's Football."-- Kirk Ferentz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 3:53 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


Some of you act like you need a tissue.  The lowly Cyclones and that hack Paul Rhoads beat the big, bad Hawkeyes and the massive underachieving and overpaid Ferentz for recruit.

lmao

Last edited 7/27/2014 4:07 PM by FletchFFletcher

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 4:11 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



hoxrock wrote:

It will look really sharp with red tarps covering all the empty seats when Iowa isn't playing them.


Have they announced yet if they're going to cover the seats with red tarps or yellow tarps?  I think a checkerboard pattern might look pretty cool.
Hilton Magic-where Hoiberg the magician makes scholarships disappear. D Buckley,C Boozer,L Dendy,B Palo,E McKnight,D Phillips,C Godfrey,T Sledge,N Okoro,R Amardi,KJ Bluford, & P Gibson approve this message.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 4:17 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



Haha I see my error!

---------------------------------------------
--- WizardHawk wrote:


HawkFever1986 wrote: Haha this is not something I cannot argue with at all!

GO HAWKS!!

LOL. What??

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • hoxrock
  • HI Legend
  • 6950 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 7/27/2014 5:14 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



DrHibbard wrote:
hoxrock wrote:

It will look really sharp with red tarps covering all the empty seats when Iowa isn't playing them.


Have they announced yet if they're going to cover the seats with red tarps or yellow tarps?  I think a checkerboard pattern might look pretty cool.

Yeah, and in the center section a red tarp with a McDonald's M.
"That's Football."-- Kirk Ferentz
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/27/2014 6:00 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


I love it when the clown fans come to visit! They are always so optimistic
even though they are looking in the face of another 3 win season.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 7:48 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



hoxrock wrote:

Yeah, and in the center section a red tarp with a McDonald's M.


Maybe they can get free tarps from McDonalds in exchange for the advertising.  Or at least discounted tarps.  Sounds like a great deal.
Hilton Magic-where Hoiberg the magician makes scholarships disappear. D Buckley,C Boozer,L Dendy,B Palo,E McKnight,D Phillips,C Godfrey,T Sledge,N Okoro,R Amardi,KJ Bluford, & P Gibson approve this message.
Reply | Quote
  • hoxrock
  • HI Legend
  • 6950 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 7/27/2014 8:50 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



DrHibbard wrote:
hoxrock wrote:

Yeah, and in the center section a red tarp with a McDonald's M.


Maybe they can get free tarps from McDonalds in exchange for the advertising.  Or at least discounted tarps.  Sounds like a great deal.

I figure on three other tarps they can commemorate the three bowl wins in program history over Pitt, Miami (OH), and Minnesota complete with the year, score, and giant bowl game logo.  You could fit them on one tarp but with only 3 bowl wins ever you have to make the logos big to fill the space.
"That's Football."-- Kirk Ferentz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 8:52 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



kuhlman41 wrote: I think we get Ware on Saturday.
There aint a snowball chance we get him or anyone of his caliber.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 9:00 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



AlSpangler wrote: I love it when the clown fans come to visit! They are always so optimistic
even though they are looking in the face of another 3 win season.


Yeah. Probably about as much fun as listening to the fans of a team 3 games over .500 the past 4 years act as if that makes them more relevant.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/27/2014 9:54 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



FletchFFletcher wrote: Some of you act like you need a tissue.  The lowly Cyclones and that hack Paul Rhoads beat the big, bad Hawkeyes and the massive underachieving and overpaid Ferentz for recruit.

lmao
I noticed you did not use the plural form of the word recruit. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/28/2014 4:24 AM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



FletchFFletcher wrote:
AlSpangler wrote: I love it when the clown fans come to visit! They are always so optimistic
even though they are looking in the face of another 3 win season.


Yeah. Probably about as much fun as listening to the fans of a team 3 games over .500 the past 4 years act as if that makes them more relevant.
Keep talking little brother. As long as it makes you feel better.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/28/2014 6:10 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


This guy isn't the first "high profile" running back recruit that Rhoads has gotten and he won't be the last.  But let's not forget that two years ago Iowa took a walk-on backup fullback, moved him to running back, and he accomplished more than all of Rhoads' running back recruits put together.
Hilton Magic-where Hoiberg the magician makes scholarships disappear. D Buckley,C Boozer,L Dendy,B Palo,E McKnight,D Phillips,C Godfrey,T Sledge,N Okoro,R Amardi,KJ Bluford, & P Gibson approve this message.
Reply | Quote
  • hoxrock
  • HI Legend
  • 6950 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/2/2014 5:28 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



DrHibbard wrote: This guy isn't the first "high profile" running back recruit that Rhoads has gotten and he won't be the last.  But let's not forget that two years ago Iowa took a walk-on backup fullback, moved him to running back, and he accomplished more than all of Rhoads' running back recruits put together.

Well when Rodney Coe is making "solid contributions" at DE, why not take more high profile RB recruits?
"That's Football."-- Kirk Ferentz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 6:26 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 


i have a question and maybe someone with more time than me could figure out has ferentz sent more guys to the nfl, then the entire history of Iowa State.. it has to be getting close.. I know he has produced more trophy winners, more bowl games, it's getting to the point where KF is greater then ISU
Reply | Quote
  • hoxrock
  • HI Legend
  • 6950 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/2/2014 7:06 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



hebethekid wrote: i have a question and maybe someone with more time than me could figure out has ferentz sent more guys to the nfl, then the entire history of Iowa State.. it has to be getting close.. I know he has produced more trophy winners, more bowl games, it's getting to the point where KF is greater then ISU

ISU players who have played in the NFL:

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege. htm?sch=Iowa+State+University

Iowa players who have played in the NFL:

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege. htm?sch=Iowa+State+University

The lists are current through 2010.  

ISU has been to 12 bowl games in history and gone 3-9.  Iowa has gone to 27 bowl games and is 14-12-1.  Ferentz by himself has doubled ISU's bowl total for their history and will likely this year take Iowa to its 12th bowl game under his watch, equaling ISU's total for their history.  If bowl games and sending players to the NFL is your criteria, Ferentz has been greater than ISU since January 1, 2009 when he got his 4th bowl win at Iowa.
"That's Football."-- Kirk Ferentz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 8:48 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



hoxrock wrote:

ISU players who have played in the NFL:

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege. htm?sch=Iowa+State+University

Who put that list together?  They forgot to include the white wide receiver who caught everything in sight at ISU and who is now in the NFL.  What was his name again?
Hilton Magic-where Hoiberg the magician makes scholarships disappear. D Buckley,C Boozer,L Dendy,B Palo,E McKnight,D Phillips,C Godfrey,T Sledge,N Okoro,R Amardi,KJ Bluford, & P Gibson approve this message.
Reply | Quote
  • hoxrock
  • HI Legend
  • 6950 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/2/2014 9:38 PM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



DrHibbard wrote:
hoxrock wrote:

ISU players who have played in the NFL:

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege. htm?sch=Iowa+State+University

Who put that list together?  They forgot to include the white wide receiver who caught everything in sight at ISU and who is now in the NFL.  What was his name again?

He must have come after this list was made, remember it is current as of 2010.
"That's Football."-- Kirk Ferentz
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 11:05 AM

Re: Ozigbo Chooses Iowa State 



DrHibbard wrote:
hoxrock wrote:

ISU players who have played in the NFL:

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege. htm?sch=Iowa+State+University

Who put that list together?  They forgot to include the white wide receiver who caught everything in sight at ISU and who is now in the NFL.  What was his name again?
That's right Doc. I remember him. It was whos-it, playing for that-nfl-team. How could we have forgotten???
Reply | Quote