Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:21 AM

Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


or is he just playing?. 

Justin Hilliard @JHilliard47 sent this tweet out. He makes his decision today.  NOTE: at the bottom there appears to be a hint:  "The Hilliards...a family affair at Iowa."




***************************************************************************
Dec 31, 2013: RPI = 37; Strength of
Sched = 112; Rank: #22 in AP; #23 Coaches

We will go 14-4 in the B1G (25-6 overall)...or better =)  

Last edited 7/2/2014 9:16 AM by tbonehawkeye

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:31 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk 


Im guessing the university sent him this picture. Look at the name at the top. I doubt he made this.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:32 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk 



dsmhawkeye3 wrote:

Im guessing the university sent him this picture. Look at the name at the top. I doubt he made this.

good point; i bet u r right......hope not, though  tongue


***************************************************************************
Dec 31, 2013: RPI = 37; Strength of
Sched = 112; Rank: #22 in AP; #23 Coaches

We will go 14-4 in the B1G (25-6 overall)...or better =)  
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:40 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk 


He didn't make this I saw it somewhere else and I think Rob even said the university made it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:55 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk 


I tend to believe that since these mag covers are a common recruiting tool employed by many schools, this probably was sent by UI to him.

Regardless of the mag's origin , I still find it interesting that he would tweet this cover out before his exclusive  ESPN announcement in the tweetosphere.......is it a deception or a clue or neither?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 8:04 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk 


Perhaps he did not make it.  But if he re-tweeted it, that could have some significance.
--In Heaven there is no beer...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 9:13 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk 


CJ - A Hawk
Justin - AJ Hawk wanna be biggrin

Best of luck at OSU

"Scratch Where It Itches." - Hayden Fry

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 9:18 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


Embedded image permalink


***************************************************************************
Dec 31, 2013: RPI = 37; Strength of
Sched = 112; Rank: #22 in AP; #23 Coaches

We will go 14-4 in the B1G (25-6 overall)...or better =)  
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 9:23 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


Well, as much as I didn't think he would end up a Hawk, still kind of a buzzkill this morning.

I BELIEVE!!!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 9:26 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


Not shocked at all.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 10:00 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


Would be a lot easier on Hawk fans if they stopped getting their hopes up during announcements like this.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 11:46 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


Ah, he chose the man with no integrity. Good luck with that.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 11:48 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


Ha!  They do the same thing with football expectations too.  How many times does it have to happen until people just realize the reality.  We are who we are...and under KF, that will never change.
CHawk wrote: Would be a lot easier on Hawk fans if they stopped getting their hopes up during announcements like this.

Fran McCaffery, who nearly everyone in the basketball community sees as the architect of an awakened giant.

University of Iowa Class of 2013 and 8 year veteran U.S. Navy

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 11:51 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 





---------------------------------------------
--- AEGHawkeye wrote:

Ha!  They do the same thing with football expectations too.  How many times does it have to happen until people just realize the reality.  We are who we are...and under KF, that will never change.
CHawk wrote: Would be a lot easier on Hawk fans if they stopped getting their hopes up during announcements like this.


---------------------------------------------

You are exactly right. May be KF should just stop going after the big name recruits and focus all of his efforts on "money ball recruits"?
Restore the Order, Go Hawks!

Last edited 7/2/2014 11:52 AM by floridahawk

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 11:55 AM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


He never gets any high quality/ranked players anyway so....noidea

The only solace here is that Hilliard isn't going to win a national title at OSU either.
floridahawk wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- AEGHawkeye wrote:

Ha!  They do the same thing with football expectations too.  How many times does it have to happen until people just realize the reality.  We are who we are...and under KF, that will never change.
CHawk wrote: Would be a lot easier on Hawk fans if they stopped getting their hopes up during announcements like this.


---------------------------------------------

You are exactly right. May be KF should just stop going after the big name recruits and focus all of his efforts on "money ball recruits"?

Fran McCaffery, who nearly everyone in the basketball community sees as the architect of an awakened giant.

University of Iowa Class of 2013 and 8 year veteran U.S. Navy

Last edited 7/2/2014 11:56 AM by AEGHawkeye

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 1:26 PM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


We are just not going to get these guys for a lot of reasons... none of which have to do with quality of product that University of Iowa has to offer. We have quality coaching,; quality facilities; great educational institution and community and probably some of the most loyal fans in the country. Ohio State...Alabama offer more.. . I am not always sure of what more they have to offer. It seems they offer"more" than just their winning traditions. What that"more " is ..I duuno. What is their "more"?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:39 PM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


Why so bitter. You got one Hilliard, we got the other. They are Ohioans, you know, 100 miles from OSU.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 9:46 PM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


moonriverbuck wrote: Why so bitter. You got one Hilliard, we got the other. They are Ohioans, you know, 100 miles from OSU.

Thanks for the geography lesson, Mr. Clavin.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 10:39 PM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 



moonriverbuck wrote: Why so bitter. You got one Hilliard, we got the other. They are Ohioans, you know, 100 miles from OSU.
You wouldn't be frustrated if he picked Notre Dame or Bama?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 11:21 PM

Re: Justin Hilliard a Hawk....NOT.....bummer 


The Hilliards probably won't see the older boy play unless the hawks play OSU. That will make him feel pretty good! I would think the family would want brothers to play together if they aren't playing the same position, especially after OSU didn't offer the older brother. I know that if I had two boys playing and the first wasn't offered by Iowa but was by another BIG school, I would want the second to go to the same school if he could even if the hawks offered. No matter what BIG school they go to they are going to get a good education, and if they are good enough, they will play Pro ball. Neither of these are really good excuses for choosing a team as some players drafted come from schools many people never heard of and ALL the BIG schools give a good education.
Reply | Quote