Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected)

Posted: 12/8/2013 1:27 AM

Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


Reply | Quote
  • barker91
  • HI Legend
  • 2861 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2013 6:22 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


I think lsu lost it qb to an acl last week.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2013 6:50 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



barker91 wrote: I think lsu lost it qb to an acl last week.
You are correct barker. Zach Mettenberger tore his ACL in the 4th quarter against Arkansas. Freshman Anthony Jennings took over and led them to victory.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2013 8:31 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


I like a LSU/Iowa match up. It was fun to play against them the last time. I don't keep up much with them. S. Carolina would be my other pick.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2013 8:32 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


the freshman is more dangerous he reminds me of Braxton Miller.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 11:16 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



Taztigerhwk wrote: Here we go again!


www.cbssports.com/collegefootb...wls/predictions
Orange, sugar and fiesta bowls do nothing for me.
MSU playing Ala or Oregon playing Baylor or Okie sound more interesting.  ND vs Rutgers, I will opt for an infomercial.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 11:49 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


I think LSU would be a fun game. I think we match up better vs. LSU than South Carolina if we're just looking at our chances of winning. Just my opinion.

I seriously doubt we'd jump over Wisky as a pick to go to Cap One bowl like Brad Edwards is projecting. Not this year.
Reply | Quote
  • chassam
  • Freshman
  • 206 posts this site

Posted: 12/8/2013 11:51 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



6secondsofhell wrote: I think LSU would be a fun game. I think we match up better vs. LSU than South Carolina if we're just looking at our chances of winning. Just my opinion.

I seriously doubt we'd jump over Wisky as a pick to go to Cap One bowl like Brad Edwards is projecting. Not this year.
Hell, now you know more than Brad Edwards...  Amazing how our fanbase is so out of touch with the college game...  blah2
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 11:55 AM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



chassam wrote:
6secondsofhell wrote: I think LSU would be a fun game. I think we match up better vs. LSU than South Carolina if we're just looking at our chances of winning. Just my opinion.

I seriously doubt we'd jump over Wisky as a pick to go to Cap One bowl like Brad Edwards is projecting. Not this year.
Hell, now you know more than Brad Edwards...  Amazing how our fanbase is so out of touch with the college game...  blah2
Easy there big fella.  Below is what ESPN is reporting.  He may be right and not so out of touch.


Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO, Jan. 1: Michigan State
Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 3: Ohio State
Capital One Bowl, Jan. 1: Wisconsin
Outback Bowl, Jan. 1: Iowa
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, Dec. 28: Michigan
TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 1: Nebraska
Reply | Quote
  • chassam
  • Freshman
  • 206 posts this site

Posted: 12/8/2013 12:00 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



madsam0297 wrote:
chassam wrote:
6secondsofhell wrote: I think LSU would be a fun game. I think we match up better vs. LSU than South Carolina if we're just looking at our chances of winning. Just my opinion.

I seriously doubt we'd jump over Wisky as a pick to go to Cap One bowl like Brad Edwards is projecting. Not this year.
Hell, now you know more than Brad Edwards...  Amazing how our fanbase is so out of touch with the college game...  blah2
Easy there big fella.  Below is what ESPN is reporting.  He may be right and not so out of touch.


Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO, Jan. 1: Michigan State
Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 3: Ohio State
Capital One Bowl, Jan. 1: Wisconsin
Outback Bowl, Jan. 1: Iowa
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, Dec. 28: Michigan
TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 1: Nebraska
I guess that I am just a Hawkeye fan who thinks that even the thought of playing in the Cap 1 Bowl makes me excited for our fanbase/alumni... 

"The perception has become the reality, Buddy"  Gordon Gekko (1987)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 12:19 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


Come out from under Brad Edward's desk-we ain't going to the Cap One Bowl

chassam wrote:
6secondsofhell wrote: I think LSU would be a fun game. I think we match up better vs. LSU than South Carolina if we're just looking at our chances of winning. Just my opinion.

I seriously doubt we'd jump over Wisky as a pick to go to Cap One bowl like Brad Edwards is projecting. Not this year.
Hell, now you know more than Brad Edwards...  Amazing how our fanbase is so out of touch with the college game...  blah2
Reply | Quote
  • chassam
  • Freshman
  • 206 posts this site

Posted: 12/8/2013 12:22 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



BingKing wrote: Come out from under Brad Edward's desk-we ain't going to the Cap One Bowl

chassam wrote:
6secondsofhell wrote: I think LSU would be a fun game. I think we match up better vs. LSU than South Carolina if we're just looking at our chances of winning. Just my opinion.

I seriously doubt we'd jump over Wisky as a pick to go to Cap One bowl like Brad Edwards is projecting. Not this year.
Hell, now you know more than Brad Edwards...  Amazing how our fanbase is so out of touch with the college game...  blah2
Are you one of those people who root against Iowa in the 4th quarter when we have not played well?  All the time you are saying, "We deserve to lose..."
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 12:26 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


No-just one of those people who knows it's better to think with your brain
Reply | Quote
  • chassam
  • Freshman
  • 206 posts this site

Posted: 12/8/2013 12:33 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



BingKing wrote: No-just one of those people who knows it's better to think with your brain

You see this is the difference betwixt you and I, I am a fan who let's my heart drive my Hawkeye experience and not my brain...  I am an honest believer that the heart can outplay even the greatest game strategy...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2013 12:56 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


Just gets more interesting. I just read on another site that USA Today has Nebraska in the Outback and Iowa in the Gator. I can't see Nebraska getting this bowl.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 1:03 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


Jon Miller's response to that was that USA Today must have had an intern fill out their bowl projections.  Haha
RevHortonHawk wrote: Just gets more interesting. I just read on another site that USA Today has Nebraska in the Outback and Iowa in the Gator. I can't see Nebraska getting this bowl.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 1:58 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


Crazy how we might end up in the Capital One bowl:

BOWL (MATCHUP) Mark Schlabach Brad Edwards


Capital One
(Big Ten vs. SEC)
Wisconsin vs. South Carolina Iowa vs. South Carolina
Outback
(Big Ten vs. SEC)
Iowa vs. LSU Wisconsin vs. LSU


***************************************************************************
Dec 31, 2013: RPI = 37; Strength of
Sched = 112; Rank: #22 in AP; #23 Coaches

We will go 14-4 in the B1G (25-6 overall)...or better =)  
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2013 2:15 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


We might end up anywhere. The consensus is Outback but no consensus about who we play. Some like to pick against the odds, get to look smart after the fact (see Brad Edwards and the knucklehead that has us in Gator Bowl).

I'd love Johnny Football, we've been there and done that against Missouri and South Caolina.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2013 2:26 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 


If you're a fan contemplating going to the game The Outback/Tampa > Cap1/Orlando IMO.  Allegiant flies right into Tampa/St Pete or Orlando?Sanford direct from CR or Moline.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2013 3:34 PM

Re: Outback Bowl: Iowa vs LSU (projected) 



Hawkman85 wrote: Jon Miller's response to that was that USA Today must have had an intern fill out their bowl projections.  Haha
RevHortonHawk wrote: Just gets more interesting. I just read on another site that USA Today has Nebraska in the Outback and Iowa in the Gator. I can't see Nebraska getting this bowl.
I'll wait till I read about it tomorrow.  Anybody can guess what's going to happen.
Reply | Quote