Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

2013 Schedule w/Results

Posted: 10/18/2012 11:03 AM

2013 Schedule w/Results 


Overall Record: 59-12 (21-7)

DateGameLocationTVTime/Result
02/15/13Seton Hall @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 1-0 - box
02/17/13Seton Hall @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 17-2 - box
02/18/13Coastal Carolina @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 7-1 - box
02/23/13Stony Brook @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 11-2 - box
02/24/13Stony Brook @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 7-1 - box
02/24/13Stony Brook @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 9-8 - box
02/27/13St. John's @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 18-5 - box
03/01/13North Carolina @ RiceHouston, Texas W 2-1 - box
03/02/13North Carolina vs. CaliforniaHouston, Texas W 11-5 - box
03/03/13North Carolina vs. Texas A&MHouston, Texas W 14-2 - box
03/05/13Davidson @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 10-2 - box
03/08/13North Carolina @ Wake ForestWinston-Salem, N.C. W 4-0 - box
03/09/13North Carolina @ Wake ForestWinston-Salem, N.C. W 20-6 - box
03/10/13North Carolina @ Wake ForestWinston-Salem, N.C. W 6-2 - box
03/12/13Gardner-Webb @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 12-0 - box
03/13/13High Point @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 7-2 - box
03/15/13Miami @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3L 4-1 - box
03/16/13Miami @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 14-2 - box
03/17/13Miami @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 4-1 - box
03/19/13Princeton @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 16-0 - box
03/23/13Boston College @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 11-0 - box
03/23/13Boston College @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 5-2 - box
03/26/13VCU @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 3-2 - box
03/27/13Winthrop @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 6-2 - box
03/30/13Clemson @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 10-3 - box
03/31/13Clemson @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.RSN/ESPN3W 6-2 - box
04/01/13Clemson @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPNUL 5-4 - box
04/03/13North Carolina @ UNC WilmingtonWilmington, N.C. W 10-0 - box
04/05/13Maryland @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 12-4 - box
04/06/13Maryland @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 5-3 - box
04/07/13Maryland @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 8-4 - box
04/09/13North Carolina @ ElonElon, N.C. W 15-3 - box
04/10/13Liberty @ North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. W 7-5 - box
04/12/13North Carolina @ Virginia TechBlacksburg, Va. W 21-8 - box
04/13/13North Carolina @ Virginia TechBlacksburg, Va. W 9-8 - box
04/14/13North Carolina @ Virginia TechBlacksburg, Va. W 3-0 - box
04/16/13Coastal Carolina @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 5-1 - box
04/17/13Elon @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 14-5 - box
04/20/13Duke @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 7-1 - box
04/20/13Duke @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 4-1 - box
04/21/13Duke @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 10-1 - box
04/23/13UNC-Wilmington @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. L 9-8 - box
04/24/13Charlotte @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 10-2 - box
04/26/13North Carolina @ NC StateRaleigh, N.C.ESPN3W 7-1 - box
04/27/13North Carolina @ NC StateRaleigh, N.C.ESPN3L 7-3 - box
05/01/13The Citadel @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 13-0 - box
05/07/13James Madison @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 9-5 - box
05/08/13James Madison @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 6-1 - box
05/10/13North Carolina @ Georgia TechAtlanta, Ga.ESPN3L 5-4 - box
05/11/13North Carolina @ Georgia TechAtlanta, Ga.ESPN3W 3-1 - box
05/12/13North Carolina @ Georgia TechAtlanta, Ga.ESPN3L 9-8 - box
05/14/13Appalachian State @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C. W 2-0 - box
05/16/13Virginia @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3L 10-4 - box
05/17/13Virginia @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 8-5 - box
05/18/13Virginia @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3L 8-7 - box
05/20/13Florida State @ North CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPNUW 4-3 - box
05/23/13ACC Tournament: MiamiDurham, N.C.RSNW 10-0 - box
05/24/13ACC Tournament: ClemsonDurham, N.C.RSNW 12-7 - box
05/25/13ACC Tournament: NC StateDurham, N.C.RSNW 2-1 - box
05/26/13ACC Tournament: Virginia TechDurham, N.C.ESPN2W 4-1 - box
05/31/13NCAA Tournament: CanisiusChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 6-3 - box
06/01/13NCAA Tournament: TowsonChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 8-5 - box
06/02/13NCAA Tournament: Florida AtlanticChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3L 3-2 - box
06/03/13NCAA Tournament: Florida AtlanticChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN3W 12-11 - box
06/08/13NCAA Tournament: South CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN2W 6-5 - box
06/09/13NCAA Tournament: South CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPNL 8-0 - box
06/10/13NCAA Tournament: South CarolinaChapel Hill, N.C.ESPN2W 5-4 - box
06/16/13College World Series: NC StateOmaha, Neb.ESPN2L 8-1
06/18/13College World Series: LSUOmaha, Neb.ESPNW 4-2
06/20/13College World Series: NC StateOmaha, Neb.ESPNW 7-0
06/21/13College World Series: UCLAOmaha, Neb.ESPNL 4-1

Last edited 6/22/2013 12:38 AM by ICAdmin

Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/22/2012 2:52 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


hmmmmmm no ECU? Of course, in the past, when the initial schedule was pubished, ECU wasn't on it then either. I guess they will decide on dates later.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/22/2012 4:17 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Every one of the 18-or-so Division I programs in North Carolina clamor to play us for recruiting and RPI reasons; which leads to some degree of rotation from year to year. While some show up with greater regularity than others (like ECU), everyone gets rotated occasionally. I'd expect them to show up again in 2014.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/22/2012 8:21 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


ECU was on the 2013 schedule home and away but ECU, very late in the process, called and cancelled one date. Both games had been scheduled for like ten months when apparently ECU determined they could not play on one particular date. UNC's response was to scheduled two other opponents instead. These things happen in scheduling at times but I believe ECU was responsible for the Tar Heels not playing them in 2013. We will see what the future holds.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/22/2012 9:20 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Seton Hall is back. We used to always play them first home series.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/23/2012 10:18 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


I would imagine Billy Godwin is tired of having his hat handed to him.

Playing UNC is not a smart career move for him right now. He's a great guy, but he's on very thin ice in Greenville.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/23/2012 11:22 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Tough, tough, tough end of the regular season. At State..at GT...home against UVa.

The ACC is LOADED again this season. I hope we can find our way to 20-10 or around there. With our schedule, that would be an amazing feat.

Also, I want to SWEEP Miami at the Bosh this year. It won't be easy (their pitching is really good again as well) but I want them BAD.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/23/2012 11:26 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Also, I don't love the two midweek games right before the NC State series. I'd prefer only one game that week to allow us to rest our pen a little more before heading to Raleigh.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/23/2012 12:20 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Chestnut Hill is beautiful in March.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/23/2012 3:15 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


For natives of Siberia, yes.

---------------------------------------------
--- UConnPetesHeels wrote:

Chestnut Hill is beautiful in March.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/23/2012 4:25 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Bring your topcoats, hats, scarves, and gloves, though I'll be shocked if all three games are completed.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/25/2012 12:27 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Curious about FSU. When do they rotate back onto the schedule?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/25/2012 12:56 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Out of consideration for equality, there's always a two-year hiatus; given the alternating year home-and-home nature of conference series.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/25/2012 9:46 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Can't wait for the season. Heels should be strong.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 1:33 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


diggin all the Saturday night games! Let's Go! Also can't wait for that St. Johns matchup.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/13/2012 7:39 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 



Does BC still play on what should be a high school field? With the best views arguably from a parking deck?

---------------------------------------------
--- WMHeel1287 wrote:

For natives of Siberia, yes.

---------------------------------------------
--- UConnPetesHeels wrote:

Chestnut Hill is beautiful in March.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 8:35 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Yep....it's also one of the primary parking/tailgating lots for football...and by that I mean the field itself is the parking lot.

---------------------------------------------
--- LowbridgeNC wrote:


Does BC still play on what should be a high school field? With the best views arguably from a parking deck?

---------------------------------------------
--- WMHeel1287 wrote:

For natives of Siberia, yes.

---------------------------------------------
--- UConnPetesHeels wrote:

Chestnut Hill is beautiful in March.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 5:38 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


A few recommendations for Tar Heel fans following the team up to Boston for the BC series for the first time:

(1) It's March 22-24: You can virtually count upon multiple weather-related changes to the posted schedule. "Flexibility" is the Word of the Weekend.
(2) It's March 22-24: Pack nothing but winter clothes.
(3) As suggested earlier, the best views (by far) are from the football stadium parking deck which sits between the baseball "facility" and the football stadium. Sitting on the bleachers at the "Eddie Pellagrini Diamond at Shea Field" will remind you of the days when you attended middle school or rec league games; except that there were more fans in attendance at middle school and rec league games.
(4) Take your own food and drink to the field. There are no concessions. The BC parents will do a pot luck buffet for themselves; but, it's closed to all visitors. If you ask them innocently if it's available to others, you'll get nothing but an incredulous look in response.
(5) Just before you leave the hotel, make a last visit to the bathroom. If they have anything at the field, it'll be a port-a-potty.
(6) When you get there, expect one of the BC parents to tell you how the athletic department is "close to finalizing" plans to build a magnificent new stadium and field. I have to believe this is what they heard when their son was being recruited, and the myth helps sustain them for three or four years. Final recommendation: Do not hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Honestly, my hat is off to the players and coaches at Boston College. They are asked to endure a good bit of hardship to play and coach there.

Last edited 11/14/2012 5:43 PM by rc1126

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/15/2012 8:30 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


That is all spot on truth! Funny to read but exactly so!! Not a fun weekend unless we, unc, sweep!!! Also I think the field playing surface is worse than the fan conditions!!!
---------------------------------------------
--- rc1126 wrote:

A few recommendations for Tar Heel fans following the team up to Boston for the BC series for the first time:

(1) It's March 22-24: You can virtually count upon multiple weather-related changes to the posted schedule. "Flexibility" is the Word of the Weekend.
(2) It's March 22-24: Pack nothing but winter clothes.
(3) As suggested earlier, the best views (by far) are from the football stadium parking deck which sits between the baseball "facility" and the football stadium. Sitting on the bleachers at the "Eddie Pellagrini Diamond at Shea Field" will remind you of the days when you attended middle school or rec league games; except that there were more fans in attendance at middle school and rec league games.
(4) Take your own food and drink to the field. There are no concessions. The BC parents will do a pot luck buffet for themselves; but, it's closed to all visitors. If you ask them innocently if it's available to others, you'll get nothing but an incredulous look in response.
(5) Just before you leave the hotel, make a last visit to the bathroom. If they have anything at the field, it'll be a port-a-potty.
(6) When you get there, expect one of the BC parents to tell you how the athletic department is "close to finalizing" plans to build a magnificent new stadium and field. I have to believe this is what they heard when their son was being recruited, and the myth helps sustain them for three or four years. Final recommendation: Do not hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Honestly, my hat is off to the players and coaches at Boston College. They are asked to endure a good bit of hardship to play and coach there.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/15/2012 2:09 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 




---------------------------------------------
--- capecodheel wrote:

Also I think the field playing surface is worse than the fan conditions!!!

---------------------------------------------

Sadly...and remarkably...that's true. Outfielders play with some concern about turning an ankle in one of the ruts left from football tailgating. I've been told that they come behind the tailgating and try to smooth it out; but, it's still noticeable to the outfielders.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/15/2012 6:29 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 



It's worse early in the season since they can't really roll the parking lot that much as spring thaw has not occurred yet!!! Not the final word but they don't belong in the acc!!!
---------------------------------------------
--- rc1126 wrote:



---------------------------------------------
--- capecodheel wrote:

Also I think the field playing surface is worse than the fan conditions!!!

---------------------------------------------

Sadly...and remarkably...that's true. Outfielders play with some concern about turning an ankle in one of the ruts left from football tailgating. I've been told that they come behind the tailgating and try to smooth it out; but, it's still noticeable to the outfielders.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2012 11:13 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Maybe I'm nuts but I thought I saw a thread here a few months ago that said we would be playing Scar in 2013. Am I thinking about a different sport, maybe it's a future year or just completely imagining this?

Can any one shed some light for me? Thank

Last edited 11/17/2012 11:16 PM by CarolinaBlueSkies

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:04 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


will be the first game on the 2013 football schedule.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:53 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


football.

Ain't happening in baseball.

---------------------------------------------
--- CarolinaBlueSkies wrote:

Maybe I'm nuts but I thought I saw a thread here a few months ago that said we would be playing Scar in 2013. Am I thinking about a different sport, maybe it's a future year or just completely imagining this?

Can any one shed some light for me? Thank

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 3:51 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Does anyone know if the Monday night ESPNU baseball games will continue this year? I know they are usually announced much later than the original schedules come out, but usually start trickling out before the official ACC announcement.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/25/2013 7:31 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Tournament in TX will be interesting.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/27/2013 10:58 PM

RE: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


So ECU really isn't happening? SMH....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/27/2013 11:18 PM

RE: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


There are something like 17 other Division I baseball programs in North Carolina. Every one of them wants to play us so that they can (1) tell their recruits that they play us and (2) for RPI reasons. Unfortunately, we don't have enough open, non-conference dates on our schedule to accommodate all of them; so, they tend to get rotated.

The above I know to be fact. In the case of ECU, I suspect that they insist upon a home-and-home arrangement in the years that they play us. That has the effect of winnowing down the availability even more.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/3/2013 11:35 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


i look for the heels to go somewhere between 45-11 to 50-6 in the regular season and obtain a 1-3 national seed
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/4/2013 2:10 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


ScotlandHeel, what you think of that new Scotland High School mens tennis coach?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/6/2013 11:02 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 




---------------------------------------------
--- silentsam91 wrote:

ScotlandHeel, what you think of that new Scotland High School mens tennis coach?

---------------------------------------------

lmao!...dont get me started!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/7/2013 7:09 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


---------------------scotlandheel wrote------------------

i look for the heels to go somewhere between 45-11 to 50-6 in the regular season and obtain a 1-3 national seed

-------------------------------------------------- ----------

50-6??? The NY Yankees couldn't go 50-6 against our schedule. I do agree we could be a 1-3 National Seed.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 7:39 PM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


Looking forward to another baseball season at the Bosh! Im ready for Friday afternoon, luckily the weather should be ok as opposed to the rest of the weekend. GO DIAMOND HEELS!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/16/2013 12:13 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 




---------------------------------------------
--- scotlandheel wrote:



---------------------------------------------
--- silentsam91 wrote:

ScotlandHeel, what you think of that new Scotland High School mens tennis coach?

---------------------------------------------

lmao!...dont get me started!

---------------------------------------------

Hey. undefeated baby!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/16/2013 8:55 AM

RE: 2013 Schedule 


IC, as you guys did last year, can you add the record at the top which gets updated after each game? That was a nice addition last year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/20/2013 11:20 PM

Re: 2013 Schedule 


Will any special sauce be added to the Feb. 26 game?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 12:37 AM

Re: 2013 Schedule 


The schedule in this thread for Saturday's game vs StoneyBrook says the game is at 2 pm but the game is actually at 1 pm.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 1:57 PM

RE: 2013 Schedule 


Look forward to the game down here versus the Seahawks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/3/2013 10:46 AM

Re: 2013 Baseball Schedule Announced 


---------------------------------------------

Hey. undefeated baby!

---------------------------------------------

WRONG - We've apparently lost a game that no one knows about. Look on www.theacc.com in baseball standings. They have us at 8-1. The wufpeckers will be claiming that they won that game.

update: record corrected - We're undefeared

Last edited 3/3/2013 1:44 PM by blueyonder

Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/3/2013 7:06 PM

Re: 2013 Schedule 



UNC 88 Grad wrote: The schedule in this thread for Saturday's game vs StoneyBrook says the game is at 2 pm but the game is actually at 1 pm.
We try to keep up, but UNC changes game times sometimes and doesn't send out an alert.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >