Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 45  Next >

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:50 AM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


What you provided is more than enough. Just wanted to know how are changes are.

---------------------------------------------
--- 10heel37 wrote:


Yes, we are in both. I'm not too sure about what premium info can be released so, mods, if I gave up too much info just delete or let me know and I'll edit.
---------------------------------------------
--- AlreadyHome wrote:

Andrew Brown annouced his top 10. Are we in it? Jaylan Barbour announced his top 3. Are we in it?

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 4:56 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Sounds like we are in very good shape with Brown. He would be huge for this class.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 6:13 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


: #1. Da'Shawn Hand #2. Leonard Fournette & #3. Lorenzo Carter head the #247Sports 2014 Top247. t.co/LMJViTPO
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 11:21 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


How good is Kentavious Street?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 5:52 AM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


There is a new offer out to a OLB per 247sports.com:
247sports.com/Player/Keshun-Freeman-25439
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 5:56 AM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


There is another offer out to CB Kendall Sawyer per 247sports.com:
247sports.com/Player/Kendall-Sawyer-29231
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 6:41 AM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 




---------------------------------------------
--- themonsta15 wrote:

How good is Kentavious Street?

---------------------------------------------

Word on the street is he's a beast.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 7:24 AM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


It seems like he's a heavy Gamecock lean so we aren't really recruiting him hard at this point or are we? If not, does it depend on how are RB's do this season?

#Gamecocks RB target/lean Derrell Scott (@SilkySm00th24) is the No. 1 rated APB in the 2014 class by @247Sports t.co/TYnG0slW
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 9:40 AM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


According to my count on the 2014 Recruiting Board, there are 10 guys in the top 10 at their position that have already been on campus for a game, camp, etc.

#1 S, #5 DT, #1 & #9 DE, #1 OG, #8 #9 #10 OT, #4 WR, #4 QB

Several more guys have visited that are just outside the top 10.

Exciting!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 1:06 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Scott has former team-mates either signed with or already at South Carolina. They have been the stronger leader for quite awhile. He visited again with his parents recently. Most schools recruit hardest the kids they think they have a chance with.

---------------------------------------------
--- AlreadyHome wrote:

It seems like he's a heavy Gamecock lean so we aren't really recruiting him hard at this point or are we? If not, does it depend on how are RB's do this season?

#Gamecocks RB target/lean Derrell Scott (@SilkySm00th24) is the No. 1 rated APB in the 2014 class by @247Sports t.co/TYnG0slW

---------------------------------------------
S
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 4:00 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Here is an interesting read:
northcarolina.247sports.com/Ar...for-2014-116157

Avery and Dinkins are the only super positive mentions.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 4:26 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 




---------------------------------------------
--- gregh1 wrote:

Here is an interesting read:
northcarolina.247sports.com/Ar...for-2014-116157

Avery and Dinkins are the only super positive mentions.

---------------------------------------------

Still early. UNC will get their share of those guys, but selfishly I'd like to see all of them in Carolina Blue for obvious reasons.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/12/2013 6:39 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Kipp Adams/ESPN‏@KippLAdams

Top 5 for Charlotte Christian (N.C.) 2014 RB Elijah Hood: 1. #NotreDame 2. #UNC 3. #Clemson 4. #OhioSt 5.T #GT 5.T #Michigan
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 10:49 AM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


One of the better Safeties in this Class is visiting Carolina next weekend per ESPN:
insider.espn.go.com/blog/colle...a/post?id=16344
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:18 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


LB Keshun Freeman has an offer per 247sports.com:
247sports.com/Player/KeShun-Freeman-25439
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 5:06 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


24 in NC to watch for in '14....northcarolina.247sports.com/Ar...for-2014-116157
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 6:52 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 




---------------------------------------------
--- DelawareHeel88 wrote:

Kipp Adams/ESPN‏@KippLAdams

Top 5 for Charlotte Christian (N.C.) 2014 RB Elijah Hood: 1. #NotreDame 2. #UNC 3. #Clemson 4. #OhioSt 5.T #GT 5.T #Michigan

---------------------------------------------

Probably in that order also.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 6:55 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


"I will be visiting some junior days and then I will get ready for baseball.”

McDowell, we have an excellent baseball program also.
---------------------------------------------
--- spacemt1 wrote:

One of the better Safeties in this Class is visiting Carolina next weekend per ESPN:
insider.espn.go.com/blog/colle...a/post?id=16344

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 11:34 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


New offer to Safety Chris Williams per 247sports.com:
247sports.com/Player/Chris-Williams-27627
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2013 9:59 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Another Offer out to CB Kendarius Webster from Ga. per 247sports.com:
247sports.com/Player/Kendarius-Webster-25076
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2013 10:08 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


We will not get burned like we did this past year in the secondary. We are putting in work.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2013 11:32 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


We seem to have a pretty good shot at QB Deshone Kizer he is #10, and a 3 Star on Scout, but is a 4 Star on TOS!!!!! Either way, he seems to be a safer bet than Mr. McClendon although we will be fine with either!!!!!

northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=...amp;nid=6143663

northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=...amp;nid=6363127

Last edited 2/15/2013 12:44 AM by spacemt1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2013 11:41 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


According to 247sports.com we are in RB Sony Michel's Top 6:
247sports.com/Recruitment/Sony...ecruitInterests

We are probably still a long shot to land him, but you never know!!!!!!

Last edited 2/14/2013 11:42 PM by spacemt1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2013 11:47 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Here is a WR Corey Holmes from St. Thomas Aquinas who it couldn't hurt to offer:
espn.go.com/college-sports/foo...06/corey-holmes
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 3:24 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 




---------------------------------------------
--- spacemt1 wrote:

According to 247sports.com we are in RB Sony Michel's Top 6:
247sports.com/Recruitment/Sony...ecruitInterests

We are probably still a long shot to land him, but you never know!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

If it seems like the feats of ESPN Watch List running back Sony Michel (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) have been discussed for several years, it is because they have. In 2009, Michel rushed 248 times for 1,825 yards and 18 touchdowns, with seven kickoff returns for 273 and two touchdowns. He earned a 1st team All-Broward County selection, chosen over senior Ethan Grant, a TCU signee. While that does not seem unique, keep in mind Michel was in eighth grade.

Sony Michel
Running back
2014
Uncommitted: List

*** Rk Stars Grade Hometown

NR
Plantation, FL
As a freshman, Michel had 228 carries for 1,730 yards and 21 touchdowns, and added an 80-yard kickoff return for a touchdown. Michel missed his sophomore season with a torn ACL, but returned last fall with 130 carries for 1,264 yards and 18 rushing touchdowns, 18 receptions for 232 yards, and five kickoff returns for 106 yards.

Five schools are on top for Michel, and one of them could get good news from the 5-foot-11, 205-pound tailback soon.

“I would say I am focusing on Miami, Georgia, Notre Dame, Alabama and FSU right now,” Michel said, though later he amended that top five to include Florida instead of Alabama, which he said he had inadvertently added.

Michel touched on the reason for each program’s inclusion in his top group.

FSU: “Looking at the success FSU has had at the running back position, it would be hard not to be intrigued by the Seminoles."

Florida: "I like Florida because they switched from the spread offense to the pro-style. I also like the success of their running backs last year."

Notre Dame: “Notre Dame is in there too because of the versatility of how they use their running backs in the passing game and in a variety of ways.”

Miami: “They have that running back aspect of it as well as always being that home school. As of right now I do not know if I want to stay in town or go out of state.”

Georgia: “They also have a lot of success running the ball, and really they have one amazing coaching staff. My visit there was outstanding and it was great seeing somewhere outside of Florida.”

North Carolina is another school that intrigues Michel because of the success Gio Bernard had, and that has the Tar Heels pushing for a spot in his top group. At the moment, Michel feels he has developed the closest bond with the coaches at two schools.

“I feel like I have the best relationships with the staffs at Miami and Georgia,” Michel said. “Outside of football, the Miami coaches are all great people and from what I have seen they are guys you can talk to about anything. With Georgia, their coaches have sold me on the success they have had outside of football. It is like one big family there and I have a great relationship with all of the coaches.”

While no specific date has been set, Michel leaves open the possibility of making his commitment before the school year ends.

“I am still in the process of trying to figure out a couple of things in regards to my decision,” Michel said. “I hope to visit Georgia again and maybe Notre Dame and North Carolina before then. I have thought about just getting it out of the way so I could focus on my senior season. It how depends on how my schedule works out and how I want to make my announcement.”
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 7:41 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


According to a tweet on ESPN Recruiting Nation ATH Stanton Truitt has been offered:
espn.go.com/college-sports/foo.../stanton-truitt

247sports.com's Profile has him 10 lbs. Heavier:
247sports.com/Player/Stanton-Truitt-26620

Last edited 2/18/2013 11:17 AM by spacemt1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 11:22 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 




---------------------------------------------
--- AlreadyHome wrote:



---------------------------------------------
--- spacemt1 wrote:

According to 247sports.com we are in RB Sony Michel's Top 6:
247sports.com/Recruitment/Sony...ecruitInterests

We are probably still a long shot to land him, but you never know!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

If it seems like the feats of ESPN Watch List running back Sony Michel (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) have been discussed for several years, it is because they have. In 2009, Michel rushed 248 times for 1,825 yards and 18 touchdowns, with seven kickoff returns for 273 and two touchdowns. He earned a 1st team All-Broward County selection, chosen over senior Ethan Grant, a TCU signee. While that does not seem unique, keep in mind Michel was in eighth grade.

Sony Michel
Running back
2014
Uncommitted: List



---------------------------------------------

Hmm if ND were to land him that may push Hood to us
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 11:27 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Why has the staff not offered Will Richardson? Top 20 in the state and an FSU offer? Would love to get an Alamance kid on the roster, goes for Lloyd as well of course.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/16/2013 9:12 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


DE DeAndre Walker has an offer per ESPN:
espn.go.com/college-sports/foo.../deandre-walker

Last edited 2/16/2013 9:13 PM by spacemt1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/17/2013 7:44 AM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Doesn't look to good for us and Mr. Sawyer. I am glad we are still offering DE's.

ESPN Watch List DE Dante Sawyer gets the offer he wanted -- Talks #UGA, #FSU and more: t.co/tmiTtIBa
“Honestly this offer means a lot. Growing up in Georgia I have been waiting for this a long time."- Dante Sawyer t.co/IdDiCDy5 #UGA

Last edited 2/17/2013 6:48 PM by AlreadyHome

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/17/2013 7:48 AM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


How were the last two players we got from Alamance County for us? Didn't one come to us, decommit because of his father's job in California then left California and came back to us just to decommitt again? Just asking.... Didn't a wide receiver have a party that caused some kind of conflict from Alamance County? I am not saying kids from that area are problems but we've had a few bad experiences lately from that area. I would love to have any kid that will help UNC reach their destination.

---------------------------------------------
--- GrammerPolice wrote:

Why has the staff not offered Will Richardson? Top 20 in the state and an FSU offer? Would love to get an Alamance kid on the roster, goes for Lloyd as well of course.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/17/2013 8:05 AM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Are we recruiting Johnathan Lloyd as a wide receiver now? If not, he shows up as being recruited now as a receiver.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/18/2013 11:19 AM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


I believe #1 OG Donnell Stanley will be in Chapel Hill this week for an unofficial visit!!!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 7:49 PM

Re: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Qb Jalan McClendon is no longer on the recruiting. I guess we have found someone else we like better but it seems weird he is off since he did have two helmets.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 8:31 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Last edited 2/19/2013 8:33 PM by CosmoHeel

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 8:32 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Brandon Willis was from SC His Grandmother was from Burlington not the Kid

Dwight Jones Brandon Tate Durrell Mapp and Brandon Spoon worked out pretty well if you ask me

---------------------------------------------
--- AlreadyHome wrote:

How were the last two players we got from Alamance County for us? Didn't one come to us, decommit because of his father's job in California then left California and came back to us just to decommitt again? Just asking.... Didn't a wide receiver have a party that caused some kind of conflict from Alamance County? I am not saying kids from that area are problems but we've had a few bad experiences lately from that area. I would love to have any kid that will help UNC reach their destination.

---------------------------------------------
--- GrammerPolice wrote:

Why has the staff not offered Will Richardson? Top 20 in the state and an FSU offer? Would love to get an Alamance kid on the roster, goes for Lloyd as well of course.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 2/19/2013 8:34 PM by CosmoHeel

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 9:41 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Thanks

---------------------------------------------
--- CosmoHeel wrote:

Brandon Willis was from SC His Grandmother was from Burlington not the Kid

Dwight Jones Brandon Tate Durrell Mapp and Brandon Spoon worked out pretty well if you ask me

---------------------------------------------
--- AlreadyHome wrote:

How were the last two players we got from Alamance County for us? Didn't one come to us, decommit because of his father's job in California then left California and came back to us just to decommitt again? Just asking.... Didn't a wide receiver have a party that caused some kind of conflict from Alamance County? I am not saying kids from that area are problems but we've had a few bad experiences lately from that area. I would love to have any kid that will help UNC reach their destination.

---------------------------------------------
--- GrammerPolice wrote:

Why has the staff not offered Will Richardson? Top 20 in the state and an FSU offer? Would love to get an Alamance kid on the roster, goes for Lloyd as well of course.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 9:42 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Sawyer offers are growing.....

: #Auburn, #Kentucky, #SouthCarolina, #Arizona and #UGA have offered DE Dante Sawyer in the last 5 days. t.co/zWT0nkWe
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 9:43 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


Things right now aren't looking good with Street from Greenville, NC.

Kentavius Street impressed by UGA offer, moves Dawgs into second behind FSU immediately - t.co/bqMS4dwS
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 9:45 PM

RE: 2014 Recruiting Updates 


What's up with Safety Allen?

Got an offer from #Clemson and #Louisville today. So blessed!
Wheeler (Ga.) S Allen Artis t.co/5fEJq9V7 RT @Aartis2 Got an offer from #Clemson and #Louisville today. So blessed!
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 45  Next >