Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Blake Anderson

  • tas0417
  • All-ACC
  • 879 posts this site

Posted: 12/11/2013 9:31 PM

Blake Anderson 


Rumored to be in the final 3 for OC @ Florida along with Beck from Neb. And Norvell from Ariz St. - think he stays? Does Kap go with him? Possible replacements if he does go?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2013 9:39 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Zero chance he goes anywhere. And UF has issues thinking that little Davidson Day boy is gonna ride in and save them. Smart coaches do not touch that mess.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2013 9:43 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Link?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2013 9:57 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Whaaaatttt?

---------------------------------------------
--- TylerBloodyTyler wrote:

Zero chance he goes anywhere. And UF has issues thinking that little Davidson Day boy is gonna ride in and save them. Smart coaches do not touch that mess.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2013 10:08 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


He'll be out on the street in a year.

Hate to lose him and Kap.

Last edited 12/11/2013 10:08 PM by webbedheel

Reply | Quote
  • tas0417
  • All-ACC
  • 879 posts this site

Posted: 12/11/2013 10:21 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 



Footballrumormill.com
---------------------------------------------
--- unosee wrote:

Link?

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2013 10:56 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


footballrumormill.com/2013/12/...dnesday-dec-11/

Our offense looked pretty good last yr, and I didn't mind most of the play calling this yr.

For grins and giggles, how hard would it be for fedora/bubba to find us a great replacement?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 12:09 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Why would he make a lateral move? He won't get a head coaching job quicker through Florida than he would here.

Sounds like just throwing bull crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks. He's been with Fedora for a long time. I don't see him going anywhere except to take a head coaching job.

Last edited 12/12/2013 12:10 AM by Fedoramases

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 12:59 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 




---------------------------------------------
--- gregh1 wrote:

footballrumormill.com/2013/12/...dnesday-dec-11/

Our offense looked pretty good last yr, and I didn't mind most of the play calling this yr.

For grins and giggles, how hard would it be for fedora/bubba to find us a great replacement?

---------------------------------------------

The next OC is on the staff, we would have to find an OL and QB coach.
Reply | Quote
  • Two4Heels
  • All-American
  • 2424 posts this site

Posted: 12/12/2013 6:18 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Why go elsewhere for the same position? I think he stays.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 7:59 AM

RE: Blake Anderson 


Hope he stays - in my view he is the best OC we have had here - ever.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 8:46 AM

RE: Blake Anderson 




---------------------------------------------
--- Fireandrain wrote:

Hope he stays - in my view he is the best OC we have had here - ever.

---------------------------------------------

The offenses he has coordinated have certainly put up the best numbers I have seen in my lifetime watching Carolina football.

The prevailing sentiment regarding this offensive system is that it is Fedora's more than Anderson's and as such things should not change drastically if Blake left. However, for the sake of continuity and also because I think they are very good coaches, I'd hate to lose Anderson or Kap.

That said, if Florida ends up offering more money for them to fill the same roles, I wouldn't be shocked if they headed south.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 8:50 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 


If Anderson and/or Kap leave, I nominate Walt Bell to become the offensive coordinator.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 9:04 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 


^ If Anderson were to leave I think it would be Brewer who would replace him, but I have no idea who we would get to be QB coach.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 9:08 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 




---------------------------------------------
--- eastcoastheel wrote:

^ If Anderson were to leave I think it would be Brewer who would replace him, but I have no idea who we would get to be QB coach.

---------------------------------------------

I would bet on Bell, he is a fast rising star.
Reply | Quote
  • heelscape
  • All-American
  • 1459 posts this site

Posted: 12/12/2013 9:20 AM

RE: Blake Anderson 


Gunter Brewer, no doubt.
Reply | Quote
  • izeCB1
  • All-ACC
  • 750 posts this site

Posted: 12/12/2013 9:52 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Because it's Florida. I know as Carolina fans we believe Chapel Hill is like no other but just because we feel that way doesn't mean others do. Florida is just a bigger football school and that's why people would take a lateral move there.

Hopefully he doesn't but I could see Brewer or Bell taking over. I think keeping Walt is big for the future of this program due to his recruiting and personality.

---------------------------------------------
--- Two4Heels wrote:

Why go elsewhere for the same position? I think he stays.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 12:31 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


well i would not touch that floria mess with a ten foot poll right now,if the gators dont improve fast he will be out with mischamp.
Reply | Quote
  • tas0417
  • All-ACC
  • 879 posts this site

Posted: 12/12/2013 12:45 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


It happens all the time. Yes, its a lateral move in title, but it's a much higher profile job that comes with a lot more money. And yes, I do think the OC at Florida would get more attention for HC jobs as compared to the OC at Carolina - of course that assumes both OCs are performing well. There are also other reasons - look at Coley leaving FSU for Miami last year. A lot of that had to do with calling plays.

All that being said, the mess at Florida definitely helps us. I think most everyone agrees that if Florida doesn't compete for the SEC Championship next yearm then Muschamp and his staff would be out, likely including the new OC.

Anderson is one of 5 OCs to average over 6ypp the last 3 seasons...might be time for some raises, at least the offensive coaches. I think keeping Bell, Brewer, Jordan, Anderson, and Kap are integral for future success.

---------------------------------------------
--- Fedoramases wrote:

Why would he make a lateral move? He won't get a head coaching job quicker through Florida than he would here.

Sounds like just throwing bull crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks. He's been with Fedora for a long time. I don't see him going anywhere except to take a head coaching job.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 1:38 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Brewer would move up to OC, likely share duties with Bell. Bell would move to WRs or QB coach... thats if Blake didn't bring him to UF in said hypothetical scenario.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 4:14 PM

RE: Blake Anderson 


If FL was a more stable situation there would be more of a chance that he would leave if offered. Don't want to see Kapalovic leave either. Hope the staff stays stable for a few good recruiting classes.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2013 4:31 PM

RE: Blake Anderson 


There is NO way you could talk me into going to Florida for what could be Muschamp's last year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2013 6:24 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Sorry, gotta call ya on this one....UNC to Florida would be an upgrade. Charlie Strong left Carolina for Florida and got the Louisville job. Florida is one of the top jobs in the country in football. UNC to Florida in football is like Bulter to UNC in basketball. Plus recrutiing in Florida is better than NC.

---------------------------------------------
--- Fedoramases wrote:

Why would he make a lateral move? He won't get a head coaching job quicker through Florida than he would here.

Sounds like just throwing bull crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks. He's been with Fedora for a long time. I don't see him going anywhere except to take a head coaching job.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2013 9:07 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


I agree being Florida's OC is an upgrade over UNC's OC. Florida is one of the top coaching jobs in the country. They have a great history, play in the SEC, and Florida is a hot bed for top recruits. Coaching a top offense at Florida could easily get you a nice head coaching gig.

However, I think it would be a bad move right now to take the job. Will Muschamp will be on the hot seat after the season he had this year. Losing to a FCS school and not making a bowl game for the first time in 20 some years isn't going to buy you time. If Muschamp doesn't have a great season next year he will be gone. That means if Anderson takes over as OC, he will be gone too. Why risk taking a job that has a good chance to only be for 1 year when you have a nice gig as it is. Not to mention the play makers we have returning and the ones we have coming in.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2013 9:36 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


UNC to FL in football would be comparable to an assistant coach going from FL to UNC in basketball. Would not be crazy in some years, but going to FL now given Muschamp's situation would have been like a FL to UNC move during the Doh years. Would be nuts to do now.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2013 9:38 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Not saying it's going to be Fla, but BA is likely to be gone once the coaching dominoes begin to fall. Hope I'm wrong.
Reply | Quote
  • tas0417
  • All-ACC
  • 879 posts this site

Posted: 12/14/2013 9:52 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Charlie Strong never coached here, at Carolina.

---------------------------------------------
--- FLHSfootballfan wrote:

Sorry, gotta call ya on this one....UNC to Florida would be an upgrade. Charlie Strong left Carolina for Florida and got the Louisville job. Florida is one of the top jobs in the country in football. UNC to Florida in football is like Bulter to UNC in basketball. Plus recrutiing in Florida is better than NC.

---------------------------------------------
--- Fedoramases wrote:

Why would he make a lateral move? He won't get a head coaching job quicker through Florida than he would here.

Sounds like just throwing bull crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks. He's been with Fedora for a long time. I don't see him going anywhere except to take a head coaching job.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2013 10:48 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


At most other times I would agree but I am not so sure now. Seems to be a lot of uncertainty in the program right now. I would like to think that one day we will get there.

---------------------------------------------
--- FLHSfootballfan wrote:

Sorry, gotta call ya on this one....UNC to Florida would be an upgrade. Charlie Strong left Carolina for Florida and got the Louisville job. Florida is one of the top jobs in the country in football. UNC to Florida in football is like Bulter to UNC in basketball. Plus recrutiing in Florida is better than NC.

---------------------------------------------
--- Fedoramases wrote:

Why would he make a lateral move? He won't get a head coaching job quicker through Florida than he would here.

Sounds like just throwing bull crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks. He's been with Fedora for a long time. I don't see him going anywhere except to take a head coaching job.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2013 10:50 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


He may have been thinking about small carolina.

---------------------------------------------
--- tas0417 wrote:

Charlie Strong never coached here, at Carolina.

---------------------------------------------
--- FLHSfootballfan wrote:

Sorry, gotta call ya on this one....UNC to Florida would be an upgrade. Charlie Strong left Carolina for Florida and got the Louisville job. Florida is one of the top jobs in the country in football. UNC to Florida in football is like Bulter to UNC in basketball. Plus recrutiing in Florida is better than NC.

---------------------------------------------
--- Fedoramases wrote:

Why would he make a lateral move? He won't get a head coaching job quicker through Florida than he would here.

Sounds like just throwing bull crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks. He's been with Fedora for a long time. I don't see him going anywhere except to take a head coaching job.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • tas0417
  • All-ACC
  • 879 posts this site

Posted: 12/14/2013 11:47 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 



Now looks to be interviewing at Arkansas State for their HC position.
---------------------------------------------
--- tas0417 wrote:

Rumored to be in the final 3 for OC @ Florida along with Beck from Neb. And Norvell from Ariz St. - think he stays? Does Kap go with him? Possible replacements if he does go?

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/15/2013 6:09 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 




---------------------------------------------
--- eastcoastheel wrote:

...but I have no idea who we would get to be QB coach.

---------------------------------------------

someone just quit their Job who used to coach here and is known as a decent QB coach but an amazing recruiter.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/15/2013 7:29 AM

RE: Blake Anderson 


Bad move for him at this stage of the game. UNC is on the verge of doing something very good in the next two years. We have the pieces in place, we just need continuity in the coaching staff. UNC needs to man up and if not match any offer at least get close.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/15/2013 9:36 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 




---------------------------------------------
--- tas0417 wrote:


Now looks to be interviewing at Arkansas State for their HC position.
---------------------------------------------

Considering the success that their last several coaches have had and parlayed into bigger jobs, have to think that Anderson will jump at this if offered. With the last several guys leaving almost immediately,have to wonder if Arkansas State will want a multi-year commitment with a big $$$ buyout...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/15/2013 10:48 AM

RE: Blake Anderson 


STEVE LOGAN!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/15/2013 3:58 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


My biggest concern with losing Anderson would actually be what effect it would have on recruiting leading up to signing day.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/15/2013 4:15 PM

RE: Blake Anderson 




---------------------------------------------
--- Shamrock15 wrote:

STEVE LOGAN!

---------------------------------------------

Bell
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/15/2013 6:51 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


UF is not the issue....but a school in Arkansas is at this point.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/16/2013 8:35 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 


A little bird told me not to worry too much about that...........
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/16/2013 10:21 AM

Re: Blake Anderson 


I'm down here in ATL surround by UF fans and they sincerely think that Will Grier will be their savior next year. They are comparing him to Johnny Football and Jameis Winston rolled into one. To his credit Grier is sticking with UF despite the OC change, which means he picked the school and not the coach, but there has absolutely been a sea-change in what UF fans expect next year out of him and the team -- primarily due to FSU and Winston possibly landing the double-double.

Now, the fact is the Grier resembles Mike Paulus in that he faced extremely weak HS comp. Does not set his future, but it certainly argues for a red-shirt year to spin up. If you are an up-and-coming OC, UF is a bad, bad situation next season. Muschamp MUST win and the QB cupboard is unknown at best.

I think you listen, interview, and if offered, politely decline.

---------------------------------------------
--- BBRIII wrote:

Whaaaatttt?

---------------------------------------------
--- TylerBloodyTyler wrote:

Zero chance he goes anywhere. And UF has issues thinking that little Davidson Day boy is gonna ride in and save them. Smart coaches do not touch that mess.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/16/2013 6:34 PM

Re: Blake Anderson 


Little birds are not all that well informed.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >