Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Racism question

Posted: 6/17/2014 12:31 PM

Racism question 


If someone is not attracted to large black women, is that an example of racism or an example of a fetish?  If it is a combination of the two, does the latter in addition to the former make it socially acceptable?

My running mates and I have very strange conversations, usually starting at around mile 10 when we are bordering on delirious.  We decided this was a fetish by mile 13.  The last part is still a point of contention.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 12:40 PM

Re: Racism question 


What if you are not attracted to large women, no matter the race? 

Or what about if you are not attracted to black women, no matter the size?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 12:41 PM

Re: Racism question 


The guy who brought the discussion up likes the large women (he's 6'8"). 

Lets take the weight out of it though, it just complicates it.  Lets just say someone isnt attracted to black women at all regardless of shape or any other factors.  Racism or fetish?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 12:53 PM

Re: Racism question 


You can't help who you're attracted to.  You're born that way devil
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 1:18 PM

Re: Racism question 



31337 wrote: The guy who brought the discussion up likes the large women (he's 6'8"). 

Lets take the weight out of it though, it just complicates it.  Lets just say someone isnt attracted to black women at all regardless of shape or any other factors.  Racism or fetish?
I'm going to go with fetish.

I bet there are racists who are attracted to black girls as a fetish, too.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 1:55 PM

Re: Racism question 


---------------------------------------------
--- KnoxKid wrote:
31337 wrote: The guy who brought the discussion up likes the large women (he's 6'8"). 

Lets take the weight out of it though, it just complicates it.  Lets just say someone isnt attracted to black women at all regardless of shape or any other factors.  Racism or fetish?
I'm going to go with fetish.

I bet there are racists who are attracted to black girls as a fetish, too.

---------------------------------------------

Fetish, as in sexual inclination or preference? Does that mean homosexuality is actually a fetish?

As for a racist being attracted to a member of a different race... if they date, associate with and/or marry that person are they still a racist? It's like someone saying, "I dislike black people and think they are an inferior race, and oh by the way, I enjoy spening time with and am married to a black person." That just seems incongruent to me.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 2:47 PM

Re: Racism question 



highVOLtage wrote: ---------------------------------------------


Fetish, as in sexual inclination or preference? Does that mean homosexuality is actually a fetish?

As for a racist being attracted to a member of a different race... if they date, associate with and/or marry that person are they still a racist? It's like someone saying, "I dislike black people and think they are an inferior race, and oh by the way, I enjoy spening time with and am married to a black person." That just seems incongruent to me.
I think that your core sexual preference (gender-wise) happens at birth or early on in life.  Fetishes develop later due to other experiences as you get older.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 4:35 PM

Tough question... 


Good question, Zippy.  I've thought about it before, but it's been a while.  I'm not so sure it (the prejudicial dismissal of sexual attraction based on race) couldn't be classified as racist.  

Acceptable, morally defensible racism.  noidea

Last edited 6/17/2014 4:35 PM by fuzzynavol

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 5:54 PM

Re: Tough question... 


So, if it could be called racist, as you are saying, wouldn't that in turn make gay people sexist?  I am sure you will say that isn't the same, since you jump at any circumstance to call a white man racist.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 7:19 PM

I vote not racist.... 


As I'm not attracted to large women of any type.  I am attracted to some black women, Indian women,  Asian women, Eskimo women, Hispanic women AND Eva Longoria....whatever she is.  I even like some white women...and in fact married one of those.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 7:22 PM

Nah... 


"So, if it could be called racist, as you are saying, wouldn't that in turn make gay people sexist?"

No.  That's sexual orientation as opposed to discrimination.  

"I am sure you will say that isn't the same, since you jump at any circumstance to call a white man racist."

Specific example of when I've erroneously accused someone of racism, please?  
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 9:08 PM

Re: Nah... 



fuzzynavol wrote: "So, if it could be called racist, as you are saying, wouldn't that in turn make gay people sexist?"

No.  That's sexual orientation as opposed to discrimination.  

"I am sure you will say that isn't the same, since you jump at any circumstance to call a white man racist."

Specific example of when I've erroneously accused someone of racism, please?  
The key word here is "erroneous."  You've certainly accused many of racism.  Whether you were in error is a matter for debate, right?  You claim you're never in error, while practically everyone on here claims you are routinely in error with regard to this subject.  It appears you called Stally racist, albeit to a lesser degree than Butch, nonetheless, (how white of you, BTW) in our earlier debate of today in another thread, but then seemed to back away from it....or denied it.  Stallion offered this direct quote from you:

Again, Butch is just a little more direct than most conservatives. Apparently Stallion doesn't necessarily disagree with him, but doesn't think he cloaked his message with the proper coding, so he gently admonished him for it."



Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 9:16 PM

Re: Racism question 



This thread is like an acid flashback.

This is what passes for interesting conversation in Whateverist land...  

bored1

I'd almost forgotten.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 9:57 PM

Amazing... 


"You've certainly accused many of racism.  Whether you were in error is a matter for debate, right?"

Yes, and no one will ever debate me on it.  

"You claim you're never in error, while practically everyone on here claims you are routinely in error with regard to this subject."

Yes, they do, but they never substantiate their position through debate.  Saying, "you're wrong" isn't debating.  

"It appears you called Stally racist, albeit to a lesser degree than Butch"

blah2

Thanks for posting my quote where I didn't call him a racist.  My interpretation of Stallion's post is valid - find the thread and read it.  Stally conceded some of Butch's points, and told him that putting it the way he did was offensive and gives fuel to "people like me" to make false accusations of racism.  This was after I commended him for admonishing Butch.  Then he, and now you, falsely said I said he was a racist, which is absurd.  

 




Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 10:03 PM

Re: Amazing... 



fuzzynavol wrote: Then he, and now you, falsely said I said he was a racist, which is absurd.  

So you are calling them both racists and liars now.

Stay classy.  victory.gif

Last edited 6/17/2014 10:12 PM by VOLSAREBACK

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 10:20 PM

Re: Amazing... 



fuzzynavol wrote: "You've certainly accused many of racism.  Whether you were in error is a matter for debate, right?"

Yes, and no one will ever debate me on it.  

"You claim you're never in error, while practically everyone on here claims you are routinely in error with regard to this subject."

Yes, they do, but they never substantiate their position through debate.  Saying, "you're wrong" isn't debating.  

"It appears you called Stally racist, albeit to a lesser degree than Butch"

blah2

Thanks for posting my quote where I didn't call him a racist.  My interpretation of Stallion's post is valid - find the thread and read it.  Stally conceded some of Butch's points, and told him that putting it the way he did was offensive and gives fuel to "people like me" to make false accusations of racism.  This was after I commended him for admonishing Butch.  Then he, and now you, falsely said I said he was a racist, which is absurd.  

 




I'm debating you on it now, numbskull.  I just don't know what else you call it.  You said Stally doesn't necessary DISAGREE with Butch's statement.  If you claim Butch made a racist statement and Stally doesn't necessarily disagree with Butch, how else can one take it?  That's like calling Butch a pig, but Stally is a little cleaner pig, but still a pig.  Just because you gave Stally a veiled compliment for not being as dirty a pig as Butch, doesn't negate what you said.

How is it that everyone who reads that statement agrees with me, except you?  May as well take your medicine, Fuzz.  You're called out on this one.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 10:52 PM

Wrong number... 


"I'm debating you on it now, numbskull."

Good, because you weren't in your last post.  All you were saying was, "I'm right and you're wrong."  

"If you claim Butch made a racist statement and Stally doesn't necessarily disagree with Butch, how else can one take it?"

Well, you can be "hypersensitive" (as you call it when liberals do it) and falsely claim it means I'm calling you a racist, or you can consider it rationally.  If I'd wanted to say he agreed with Butch and was a racist, I would have done so.  Instead, I deliberately said he didn't necessarily disagree, which means he's hedging his allegiances and wants it both ways.  Now, how could I justify saying such a thing?  Here's the part of his admonishment of Butch that prompted the remark:

"The problem is that kind of attitude feeds right into the narrative that those guys are against you because they are racist."

Stallion should have said that the problem with that kind attitude is that it's morally wrong.  Given the fact that he first impugned the integrity of my motives by characterizing them as a politically motivated "narrative," I am perfectly justified responding in kind.  

Now I have no illusions that you'll understand any of that, but I'm sure some of the lurkers will appreciate me setting you (and him) straight.  






Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 11:28 PM

Hang up and try again. 



fuzzynavol wrote: "I'm debating you on it now, numbskull."

Good, because you weren't in your last post.  All you were saying was, "I'm right and you're wrong."  

"If you claim Butch made a racist statement and Stally doesn't necessarily disagree with Butch, how else can one take it?"

Well, you can be "hypersensitive" (as you call it when liberals do it) and falsely claim it means I'm calling you a racist, or you can consider it rationally.  If I'd wanted to say he agreed with Butch and was a racist, I would have done so.  Instead, I deliberately said he didn't necessarily disagree, which means he's hedging his allegiances and wants it both ways.  Now, how could I justify saying such a thing?  Here's the part of his admonishment of Butch that prompted the remark:

Sounds like Stally would have better off not saying anything than trying to admonish Butch.  Unless Stally came right out and called Butch a racist, nothing else would satisfy you, apparently.  Stally's admonishment wasn't strong enough for you?  You wouldn't come right out and call Butch a racist, but you expected Stally to, I guess?

You say Stally impugned the integrity of your motives, yet you proceed to assign motive to Stally by saying he didn't necessarily disagree (with Butch) and he's hedging his allegiances?  Hypocrite.

"The problem is that kind of attitude feeds right into the narrative that those guys are against you because they are racist."

Stallion should have said that the problem with that kind attitude is that it's morally wrong.  Given the fact that he first impugned the integrity of my motives by characterizing them as a politically motivated "narrative," I am perfectly justified responding in kind.  

Now I have no illusions that you'll understand any of that, but I'm sure some of the lurkers will appreciate me setting you (and him) straight.  


I perfectly understand how you're trying to parse things and keep up that illusion of never falsely accusing people of racism, assigning motive without truly knowing someone's intent, and generally being an overbearing pest by lurking around ready to pounce on the first thing that doesn't comply with Fuzzy's Racial Protocol Manual.

How about we limit the opinions to people who actually post...and most, if not all, disagree with you.





Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 11:33 PM

Re: Wrong number... 



fuzzynavol wrote:
Now I have no illusions that you'll understand any of that, but I'm sure some of the lurkers will appreciate me setting you (and him) straight. 

So now you have declared caz to be a stupid, lying racist (and you feel exonerated because you believe your imaginary friends will agree with your assessment).

Wow.

Just wow.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2014 12:13 AM

Re: Wrong number... 


Fuzzy, you left out the part earlier where I said to Butch:

"You seem truly racist by your comments and I feel sorry for you."

I regretted writing the second part of that sentence because it got more personal but that's a different story.

Now let's examine the statement in question: "The problem is that kind of attitude feeds right into the narrative that those guys are against you because they are racist."

You missed the meaning of this so I'll parse it out for you. It means a few bad apples spoil the apple cart. The narrative being not to vote for Republicans because they are against you because they are racist. There are a few racist Republicans (as we've hashed out and most all agree there are racists on both sides.) this is pretty clear stuff and once again you've made a mistake. You wrongly inferred that I was telling Butch to tone it down and speak in code or the gig will be up and they'll know our truth of all being racist once and for all. It's another ridiculous example of your imagination at work.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >