Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

good advice for republicans

  • indyv
  • Head Coach
  • 14944 posts this site

Posted: 6/10/2014 2:29 PM

good advice for republicans 


You know what the best chance is for Republicans to retake the White House?  Nominate a sane, centrist candidate who has the stones to tell the far-right-wing-crazies that they're nuts.  This candidate would have to lead the party to the center where presidential elections are won or lost. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 2:37 PM

Re: good advice for republicans 


They've tried that the last two times and have lost. 

I believe in the Buckley Rule. Nominate the most conservative candidate possible that is electable. What they need is a dynamic candidate with good communications skills who can inspire people with his or her message. What they don't need is a milquetoast pansy who says "we'll keep all this mess at status quo, slightly slowing the rate of growth" - because he'll A) probably be too much of a dumbass to get elected, and B) won't do much good if he does. 


Someone with conservative libertarian roots  (hey, like me) will hit the mark on the Buckley Rule and actually might be worth electing. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/10/2014 4:29 PM

Re: good advice for republicans 


You're like Colonel Sanders giving advise to a chicken.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/10/2014 11:00 PM

Re: good advice for republicans 


You know what the best chance is for Republicans to retake the White House?  

What?   Become a Democrat?   Sell out to big money donors while pretending to fight for the poor?  Lie like there's no tomorrow?   Sell tax breaks to big corporations while lamenting that Republicans want  tax breaks for the rich?   Promise free abortions, gay weddings, free healthcare, unlimited unemployment benefits, $50/hour minimum wage, free childcare, and anything else to get stupid people to vote for you?  

What does it take in your Amerika Indy?  
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/10/2014 11:10 PM

Re: good advice for republicans 


You people keep moving the center to the left, so nobody likes them.  What you have now is what used to be the center against the extreme left.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 7:16 AM

And while they're at it... 


"Nominate a sane, centrist candidate who has the stones to tell the far-right-wing-crazies that they're nuts."

Yes, and they should move on past the 1980's and dispense with the constant, sour-grape, crybabying and start rooting for the country to succeed instead of trying to undermine the recovery.  


Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 7:31 AM

Re: And while they're at it... 



fuzzynavol wrote: "Nominate a sane, centrist candidate who has the stones to tell the far-right-wing-crazies that they're nuts."

Yes, and they should move on past the 1980's and dispense with the constant, sour-grape, crybabying and start rooting for the country to succeed instead of trying to undermine the recovery.  


Oh that's so rich. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 7:53 AM

Re: good advice for republicans 


last 6 presidential elections Republicans have won the popular vote once, one tie and 4 decisive losses.

republicans can win state elections in areas, but will never win again a presidential election.

the populace has changed drastically. White people are dying off and being replaced by minorities who

only will vote for the candidates who give free things. 

there are not simply enough people to get to 50.1% of the population in a presidential election. 

obama has succeeded in getting mass immigration through. all modern day immigrants will all vote

for the democratic party for the free stuff and will never make enough money to pay taxes.

that said, the only 2 possible republican winners I think would be Marco Rubio and Dr Carson.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 8:12 AM

Re: good advice for republicans 


Ummm.... you guys on the left do realize that there are Congressional races this year, right?

Let's see what happens before we coronate Hillary, shall we.

Speaking of the Clintons (who have a net worth that exceeds $100 million)... did you hear that they were "dead broke" when they left the White House in 2001? Oh, boy...

"We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton told Sawyer, referring to the hefty legal fees incurred during their White House years. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelsea's education. You know, it was not easy." (One of the houses - that's plural - was a $2.85 million place in Georgetown that’s now probably worth twice that. Yeah, Hillary... you guys were destitute alright.)
Reply | Quote
  • indyv
  • Head Coach
  • 14944 posts this site

Posted: 6/11/2014 8:13 AM

Re: good advice for republicans 


it was Reagan who granted amnesty first....then Bush....they did it because corporate farmers wanted cheap labor.....these facts repubs seldom acknowledge.....Obama is following their lead?

that being said this nation IS going through a demographic change no doubt......it was inevitable.....the idea that a nation like ours can be created and then try to keep people out of it is silly.....you cannot build a fence high enough; you cannot put enough armed soldiers; you cannot load enough people up on buses and trains and planes to return them to stop what is happening......it simply ain't gonna happen......

and yes will these people vote for leaders who try to help them......the answer is as simple as 'why do poor people vote for people who try to help them'.....of course they will......

it is hard for conservatives to accept change but change is inevitable....sometimes good sometimes bad

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 8:37 AM

Screw the White House....... 


.....give me a veto proof House and Senate and call it a day. We need a legislature that isn't either sucking up to the office or afraid of it....or both. One that will weaken the power that has been accrued by the Executive Branch over time. A body that will embody the Constitutional principles that this nation was founded on. A group of men and women who go to serve for a period of time, a limited one, and then come home to work in their local communities. A pipe dream maybe, but something to work towards.

In recruiting, it ain't over until the Fax Lady sings!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 8:47 AM

Beyond dog-whistle RACISM... 


"White people are dying off and being replaced by minorities who only will vote for the candidates who give free things."

Every once in a while conservative republicans get a little too comfortable and lazily eschew the carefully vetted code words that cloak the underlying racism of their despicable worldview, and they come right out and say what they think.  

I applaud your honesty while I deplore your racist arrogance.  Members of any minority would be fools to support a political party that views them in this way.  Romney's 47% remarks crystalized it beautifully.  

Keep it up.  Society won't miss people who think like this "dying off."
Reply | Quote
  • indyv
  • Head Coach
  • 14944 posts this site

Posted: 6/11/2014 8:48 AM

Re: Screw the White House....... 



TeeTime wrote: .....give me a veto proof House and Senate and call it a day. We need a legislature that isn't either sucking up to the office or afraid of it....or both. One that will weaken the power that has been accrued by the Executive Branch over time. A body that will embody the Constitutional principles that this nation was founded on. A group of men and women who go to serve for a period of time, a limited one, and then come home to work in their local communities. A pipe dream maybe, but something to work towards.

as long as money is involved it is a pipe dream......

the inevitability of socialism is due to our own greed; our own stupidity......and these are the ugly spawn of freedom....

one day man will evolve into a world where winning and losing will be dead and buried.....where mindless competition will be relegated to the sports fields only.....where economic equality will be the law of all lands.....where wars and religions will be considered part of ancient past......sounds like a utopian dream of some John Lennon wannabe or maybe some Jesus believer.....but it is coming......and no, no ones freedoms will be lost; except for the freedom to exploit other people
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 8:59 AM

Re: Screw the White House....... 



indyv wrote:
TeeTime wrote: .....give me a veto proof House and Senate and call it a day. We need a legislature that isn't either sucking up to the office or afraid of it....or both. One that will weaken the power that has been accrued by the Executive Branch over time. A body that will embody the Constitutional principles that this nation was founded on. A group of men and women who go to serve for a period of time, a limited one, and then come home to work in their local communities. A pipe dream maybe, but something to work towards.

as long as money is involved it is a pipe dream......

the inevitability of socialism is due to our own greed; our own stupidity......and these are the ugly spawn of freedom....

one day man will evolve into a world where winning and losing will be dead and buried.....where mindless competition will be relegated to the sports fields only.....where economic equality will be the law of all lands.....where wars and religions will be considered part of ancient past......sounds like a utopian dream of some John Lennon wannabe or maybe some Jesus believer.....but it is coming......and no, no ones freedoms will be lost; except for the freedom to exploit other people
You are right It is coming it but will not be from evolution it will be Jesus Christ who will destroy your socialist utopian paradise with it's leaders and the non believers like you want take part in it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 9:03 AM

Re: Screw the White House....... 


A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.   -  Alexander Fraser Tytler
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 9:14 AM

Re: Beyond dog-whistle RACISM... 



fuzzynavol wrote: "White people are dying off and being replaced by minorities who only will vote for the candidates who give free things."

Every once in a while conservative republicans get a little too comfortable and lazily eschew the carefully vetted code words that cloak the underlying racism of their despicable worldview, and they come right out and say what they think.  



 If anybody in America are racists it's the demo-commies who want to keep all black people on  the welfare plantation rather than ever becoming self reliant.  I would tell you where to stick your comments if it were allowed on this site.  You are pathetic.

But most who post here are smart enough to realize that you need help.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 9:20 AM

Re: good advice for republicans 


Last edited 6/11/2014 9:23 AM by jbakes

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 9:25 AM

Re: good advice for republicans 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/11/2014 9:27 AM

Re: good advice for republicans 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/11/2014 9:50 AM

Re: good advice for republicans 



Butch84 wrote: last 6 presidential elections Republicans have won the popular vote once, one tie and 4 decisive losses.

republicans can win state elections in areas, but will never win again a presidential election.

the populace has changed drastically. White people are dying off and being replaced by minorities who

only will vote for the candidates who give free things. 

there are not simply enough people to get to 50.1% of the population in a presidential election. 

obama has succeeded in getting mass immigration through. all modern day immigrants will all vote

for the democratic party for the free stuff and will never make enough money to pay taxes.

that said, the only 2 possible republican winners I think would be Marco Rubio and Dr Carson.

So Butch, you think the Republican Party will NEVER again win a presidential election (except I suppose the later possibility you allow of Rubio and Carson) - and you think immigrants will NEVER make enough money to pay taxes. 

Really?  

Immigrants have a 100% track record of overall success in this country - including your own ancestors. The ones who struggle the most are the AA population, and they were not brought here of their own free will and able to carry on their own culture, and thusly nothing like the current immigrant population. Now a large portion of the AA population has gotten addicted to the government dole. And yes, some immigrants will also take advantage of the gov't dole - but it's against their nature to for the whole lock stock and barrel of them to desire, and most will economically succeed. Their voting future is not guaranteed either, particularly when they assimilate and meld into the existing population. Unless the Republican Party is managed by people with similar attitudes. 
 

I find your extreme declarations to be ill-informed of history and your racist sentiments about current immigrants to be distasteful, at best. 

Last edited 6/11/2014 9:53 AM by StallionVol

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >