Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP

  • testlightST49ers
  • 5th Round Draft Pick
  • Rating: 3.0/5 this site
  • 202 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 08/20/2012 4:47 PM

OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 


Any Lakers fans here? Im completely Anti- lakers but there going to be a good matchup to the heat and thunder next season with Nash. Howard and Kobe.

any thoughts
Reply | Quote
  • gtowngators24
  • 6th Round Draft Pick
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 75 posts this site

Posted: 08/21/2012 3:38 PM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 


My dad grew up in San Fran so thats how I became a 9ers fan.  I was born and grew up in LA.  So I'm Giants, Niners, Lakers, and LA Kings fans.  Absolutely HATE those damn Dodgers. 

I think the Lakers now match up the best with those two teams better than any other team in the NBA.  I will not go as far as to say they are better.  To me until the seasons gets under way those teams are 1A 1B and 1C in the league.  The Lakers still have not filled their void with a defensive point guard to take on Westbrook, and other athletic PG's in the league but the CONSTANT defensive influence Howard will have will be the difference.  Bynum could very well pass Howard as the best center in the league if he were to come out with fire game in and game out.  Howard has the athleticism but Bynum was and is a much more polished offensive player.  With the Lakers now running the Princeton Offense, which is as close to the triangle as you can get, it is a necessity to have players with high basketball IQ's to make it work.  Nash, Kobe, and Pau can facilitate this offense.  Every one of them.  The Lakers bench is much deeper with the signing of Jamison, keeping Hill, and having a three point specialist in Meeks.  They are much more athletic than previous years, and this lineup, if everything flows well, could be VERY VERY VERY special to watch.
Reply | Quote
  • mattmn40
  • 6th Round Draft Pick
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 142 posts this site

Posted: 08/21/2012 7:37 PM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 


I think the lakers will be formidable but the are still number 2 to the heat and thunder 1a and 1b.  the simple difference is the best players on the heat are in their late 20's the best players on the thunder are early 20's the best players on the lakers are mid to late 30's and dwight howard, and dwight has shown he cant lead a team to a title as its best player.
Reply | Quote
  • gtowngators24
  • 6th Round Draft Pick
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 75 posts this site

Posted: 08/22/2012 6:17 PM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 


So your argument is that because they are younger, they are better.  That worked out well for the Heat two seasons ago.  Dwight will not be the best player on the Lakers next year. He will, in all likelihood be the third option on offense.  Not because he isn't a capable scorer, but in the Princeton offense the ball will find its way into the hands of Gasol and Kobe more than Howard.  That being said, Howard will get his fair share of touches from pick and rolls and passes from Gasol in the post.  You can argue that talent wise the Lakers aren't as good, but do not use age as a determining factor.
Reply | Quote
  • mattmn40
  • 6th Round Draft Pick
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 142 posts this site

Posted: 08/22/2012 8:37 PM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 



gtowngators24 wrote: So your argument is that because they are younger, they are better.  That worked out well for the Heat two seasons ago.

I think a trip to the Finals was a pretty solid season, how did that work out for the heat and thunder last year? 

Howard is a marginal upgrade over Bynum and has his own issues, Nash is going to be what 39?  He wont put up hardly near the numbers he has not in the Suns offense and he cant guard my grandma. 

The Lakers will be improved and near the top of the conference but they are still the 3rd to 5th  best team in the league.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/23/2012 2:24 AM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 



mattmn40 wrote:
gtowngators24 wrote: So your argument is that because they are younger, they are better.  That worked out well for the Heat two seasons ago.

I think a trip to the Finals was a pretty solid season, how did that work out for the heat and thunder last year? 

Howard is a marginal upgrade over Bynum and has his own issues, Nash is going to be what 39?  He wont put up hardly near the numbers he has not in the Suns offense and he cant guard my grandma. 

The Lakers will be improved and near the top of the conference but they are still the 3rd to 5th  best team in the league.
The Lakers have a crazy line up!  Nash for Sessions, Howard for Bynum.  Nash brings better execution on offense.  Nash & Sessions aren't strong defenders from what I have read.  Nash won the MVP being an adequate defender.   

Nash, Bryant & Gasol provide a lot of offense!  With Howard, Gasol & World Peace defending the bottom, they will turn teams into jump shooting teams.

Imo, Lakers are a much better team with Nash alone. With Howard, they are will be pretty hard to beat! If the Lakers could win with Fisher in the "Triangle" offense, I sure the Lakers can with with Nash in the "Princeton" offense!  Again, jmo!  

I just might have to watch a little more basketball this season!
No play is to big for Colin Kaepernick!!!
Reply | Quote
  • gtowngators24
  • 6th Round Draft Pick
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 75 posts this site

Posted: 08/23/2012 2:58 PM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 



mattmn40 wrote:
gtowngators24 wrote: So your argument is that because they are younger, they are better.  That worked out well for the Heat two seasons ago.

I think a trip to the Finals was a pretty solid season, how did that work out for the heat and thunder last year? 

Howard is a marginal upgrade over Bynum and has his own issues, Nash is going to be what 39?  He wont put up hardly near the numbers he has not in the Suns offense and he cant guard my grandma. 

The Lakers will be improved and near the top of the conference but they are still the 3rd to 5th  best team in the league.
You completely disregarded the rest of my argument, but that is fine I suppose.  Howard was a three time DPOY award winner, I don't believe that Bynum has ever been in the top 3 in voting.  That alone is more than a "marginal" upgrade.  Nash was #1 in the league in pick and roll efficiency last year for PG's and Dwight Howard was #1 for Centers.  That is a pretty scary combination.  Once again, the Lakers have not had a PG who could defend anyone in the last 8 years, and how many championships do they have?  The twin towers down low will wreak havoc on any guard trying to drive the paint.  Let's not forget that the Lakers could have just as easily been up 3-1 in the series against the Thunder last year as they were down 3-1.  People tend to forget that.  This lineup is night and day from last year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/30/2012 8:46 AM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 



gtowngators24 wrote: My dad grew up in San Fran so thats how I became a 9ers fan.  I was born and grew up in LA.  So I'm Giants, Niners, Lakers, and LA Kings fans. 
Rare to find.  I am an A's, Niners, Lakers, and LA Kings fan.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/31/2012 6:29 AM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 


Born in OC and a die hard Laker fan.  The first thing to be established is the pecking order.  I for one believe Kobe needs to give up the #1 role to Howard.  Kobe is still a great player but his age is the major factor.  He is not as fast and quick as he was 6 years ago.  However, Kobe will still get his looks because he is surrounded by too many good players.

I root for the Niners, Lakers, Angels, Mighty Ducks.

Last edited 08/31/2012 6:30 AM by pdub52

Reply | Quote
  • gtowngators24
  • 6th Round Draft Pick
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 75 posts this site

Posted: 09/01/2012 8:27 AM

Re: OT .....LAKERS NEW LINE UP 


I have been a pretty blessed fan in the world of sports.  Ive seen Lakers championships, the Giants win a world series, and the Kings win a Stanley Cup.  I'm a younger fan so I haven't been able to enjoy the dominance of the 49ers yet.  I can remember watching the 98 wild card game.  The comeback against the Giants in the playoffs.  But last year was truly the first year where I was actually able to see the 49ers have success.  It seems as if the sports Gods are blessing me once again and the 49ers can do some pretty special things in the upcoming years.
Reply | Quote