Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Kaepernick on SI Cover

Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 8:21 AM

Kaepernick on SI Cover 


Just saw this on FB a little bit ago.


Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 9:05 AM

RE: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


nice!!!! he's only started half a season and one playoff game.....but something makes me believe he's rapidly ascending towards elite status.

"You are either getting better or you are getting worse; you never stay the same."

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 9:35 AM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


That is freakin awesome.  After all that media scrutiny, bottom line is this guy knows his stuff.  Period.

BTW Plann, that is one cool signature.  Where did you find that?  Beyond cool!

Last edited 01/15/2013 9:36 AM by uncleloggins

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 9:35 AM

RE: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



higherwarrior wrote: nice!!!! he's only started half a season and one playoff game.....but something makes me believe he's rapidly ascending towards elite status.

Nice??? SI just cursed Kaepernick going into a huge game. Some fan you are, higher.

tongue
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 9:41 AM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


49ers FB Page

Got it from here.  I follow them on Facebook and they have some great stuff there and I felt like this was a great slogan at this point and figured I could use a change.
uncleloggins wrote: That is freakin awesome.  After all that media scrutiny, bottom line is this guy knows his stuff.  Period.

BTW Plann, that is one cool signature.  Where did you find that?  Beyond cool!

Last edited 01/15/2013 9:43 AM by plannb23

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 10:27 AM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



plannb23 wrote: 49ers FB Page

Got it from here.  I follow them on Facebook and they have some great stuff there and I felt like this was a great slogan at this point and figured I could use a change.
uncleloggins wrote: That is freakin awesome.  After all that media scrutiny, bottom line is this guy knows his stuff.  Period.

BTW Plann, that is one cool signature.  Where did you find that?  Beyond cool!

Same here.  I've got that as my Cover pic, and the badge as my Profile pic.
Great to be a Niner fan right now!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 11:03 AM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


It's a great story, but I'd rather see them on the cover after a Super Bowl victory. tongue

Alex Smith, Goodwin, Gore, and Miller were on the cover a year ago after  they beat New Orleans. A few of the bloggers (Kevin Lynch and Cam Inman), naturally, brought that up and hoped for no cover 'jinx.'

http://www.sicovers.com/data/default/images/catalog/large/SPR20120123SF.jpg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 12:17 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


I was just in Nashville last week for the American Football Coaches Association Convention.  We should have tried to get a beer!
NashvilleNiner wrote:
plannb23 wrote: 49ers FB Page

Got it from here.  I follow them on Facebook and they have some great stuff there and I felt like this was a great slogan at this point and figured I could use a change.
uncleloggins wrote: That is freakin awesome.  After all that media scrutiny, bottom line is this guy knows his stuff.  Period.

BTW Plann, that is one cool signature.  Where did you find that?  Beyond cool!

Same here.  I've got that as my Cover pic, and the badge as my Profile pic.
Great to be a Niner fan right now!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 12:33 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



Gatom wrote: Anyone know what #7's 40 time is?

He always seems the fastest guy on the field.
I believe he said in an interview that his fastest 40 was 4.43.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 12:35 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


He ran a 4.53 at the NFL combine, but I know he can get lower than that.
Gatom wrote: Anyone know what #7's 40 time is?

He always seems the fastest guy on the field.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 12:40 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



metfansrule wrote:
Gatom wrote: Anyone know what #7's 40 time is?

He always seems the fastest guy on the field.
I believe he said in an interview that his fastest 40 was 4.43.

Yeah, that's what he said on Sunday when interviewed by Terry Bradshaw.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 1:25 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



plannb23 wrote: I was just in Nashville last week for the American Football Coaches Association Convention.  We should have tried to get a beer!
Yeah man, that would of been cool!  Hope you had a good time!  I've really enjoyed it here.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 1:26 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


4.43 was his pro-day time. That's the fastest he said he's ever been timed.

Griffin ran an official 4.41 at the combine (the unofficial times had him at 4.38). Michael Vick's time was 4.33. Cam Newton, I believe, was 4.59, and  (fwiw) Andrew Luck was 4.67.

The average time for QBs over the last four years is 4.90.

Any way you slice it, he's fast.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 1:30 PM

RE: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


"curse"? i don't believe in any of that kind of stuff. it's bad luck to be superstitious. devil
Minstrel wrote:
higherwarrior wrote: nice!!!! he's only started half a season and one playoff game.....but something makes me believe he's rapidly ascending towards elite status.

Nice??? SI just cursed Kaepernick going into a huge game. Some fan you are, higher.

tongue

"You are either getting better or you are getting worse; you never stay the same."

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 1:34 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



NashvilleNiner wrote:
Yeah man, that would of been cool!  Hope you had a good time!  I've really enjoyed it here.
I've been in Nashville a couple times on business, myself. The thing that surprised me was finding out that there was a thriving microbrewery scene there (or maybe I shouldn't be so surprised, as it might just be a natural off-shoot of moonshining tongue). I checked out Yazoo and Blackstone the last time I was in town.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 1:54 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



plannb23 wrote: 49ers FB Page

Got it from here.  I follow them on Facebook and they have some great stuff there and I felt like this was a great slogan at this point and figured I could use a change.
uncleloggins wrote: That is freakin awesome.  After all that media scrutiny, bottom line is this guy knows his stuff.  Period.

BTW Plann, that is one cool signature.  Where did you find that?  Beyond cool!
I thought it was a great slogan tootongue Guess I shoulda gone into marketing
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 2:23 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


Yazoo was indeed a nice find there!  I liked it a lot.  We spent time at the stage and few little places around there and had a blast!
pudding wrote:
NashvilleNiner wrote:
Yeah man, that would of been cool!  Hope you had a good time!  I've really enjoyed it here.
I've been in Nashville a couple times on business, myself. The thing that surprised me was finding out that there was a thriving microbrewery scene there (or maybe I shouldn't be so surprised, as it might just be a natural off-shoot of moonshining tongue). I checked out Yazoo and Blackstone the last time I was in town.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 6:52 PM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



Gatom wrote:
pudding wrote: 4.43 was his pro-day time. That's the fastest he said he's ever been timed.

Griffin ran an official 4.41 at the combine (the unofficial times had him at 4.38). Michael Vick's time was 4.33. Cam Newton, I believe, was 4.59, and  (fwiw) Andrew Luck was 4.67.

The average time for QBs over the last four years is 4.90.

Any way you slice it, he's fast.
I think with a football he runs a 4.29
Piggy!!

Hope its a fun game this week.
_______________________________________________________________________________

"No more questions for you bro!.....TROLL" - Russell Westbrook

"I don't want to be categorized." - Colin Kaepernick
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/16/2013 7:06 AM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 



pudding wrote: 4.43 was his pro-day time. That's the fastest he said he's ever been timed.

Griffin ran an official 4.41 at the combine (the unofficial times had him at 4.38). Michael Vick's time was 4.33. Cam Newton, I believe, was 4.59, and  (fwiw) Andrew Luck was 4.67.

The average time for QBs over the last four years is 4.90.

Any way you slice it, he's fast.
John Madden once said about Jerry Rice, "there is a BIG difference between PRACTICE speed and GAME speed".  I think it may apply to CK here as well.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/16/2013 8:30 AM

Re: Kaepernick on SI Cover 


There's also a difference between early acceleration and top-end speed. I've read football people say that Jerry Rice didn't have the most explosive first step, but he had much better speed once he hit top gear. So he might have a slow "first 10 meters" but one of the fastest "last 30 meters".

Similarly, while Kaepernick isn't slow at any time, his ability to pull away from everyone on the field might speak to being faster than everyone once he's at cruising speed. 40 meter dashes rely a lot on your initial explosion since it's such a short distance. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaepernick was one of the very fastest 100 meter runners in the NFL.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >