Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 9  Next >

Michael Sam anyone?

Posted: 8/30/2014 4:18 PM

Michael Sam anyone? 


tongue
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 4:19 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


Sad as it seems would probably be our best pass rusher. noidea
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 4:43 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


No way. Not a fit and certainly wouldn't want the distraction.
Hiesenburg wrote: Name the things you like about the Steelers.
Matt6999 wrote: I didn't "pick" the Steelers.  I'm from Butler. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/30/2014 5:29 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


No thanks. When it's "breaking news" that the 249th pick in the draft gets cut, I don't want anything to do with their circus
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 5:35 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


He might be one-dimensional, but it seems like he does have a knack for getting to the Qb and did so in preseason.

But then again, if he couldn't make the home state Rams roster after all the publicity and coverage, you have to wonder if he'll land anywhere.
Reply | Quote
  • joed32
  • Member
  • 3481 posts this site

Posted: 8/30/2014 5:43 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


Isn't he a DE who would have to go through the whole transition learning experience?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 6:26 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 



CowlinTomher wrote: He might be one-dimensional, but it seems like he does have a knack for getting to the Qb and did so in preseason.

But then again, if he couldn't make the home state Rams roster after all the publicity and coverage, you have to wonder if he'll land anywhere.
In all fairness, the Rams are stacked. Westbrooks just outplayed him but it was really close. 

I don't know what's going on with Carter, but Sam's worth a consideration over him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/30/2014 6:28 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


I thought he looked good in the bits I saw of him in preseason. I doubt he's a fit in Pittsburgh though.

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/30/2014 6:43 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


He's a thug! No thanks.


Figured I'd give it a try. "Thug" seems to be a word thrown about around here any more. :P






The size of your heart offends the human eye.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 7:11 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


Does he smoke weed, too?
TERRIBLEtowel wrote: He's a thug! No thanks.


Figured I'd give it a try. "Thug" seems to be a word thrown about around here any more. :P
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/30/2014 7:42 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 





---------------------------------------------
--- TERRIBLEtowel wrote:

He's a thug! No thanks.


Figured I'd give it a try. "Thug" seems to be a word thrown about around here any more. :P

---------------------------------------------

I have no idea if you are referencing me in regards to my prior remarks about Pryor, but his acts speak for themselves. No better proof than seeing it first hand.

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 8:06 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


What's going on with carter? What I miss?

I remember reading a former NFL olb evaluating the pass rushers on the draft. He said Sam was one of the better more polished of them all.


---------------------------------------------
--- MountVJackets wrote:


CowlinTomher wrote: He might be one-dimensional, but it seems like he does have a knack for getting to the Qb and did so in preseason.

But then again, if he couldn't make the home state Rams roster after all the publicity and coverage, you have to wonder if he'll land anywhere.
In all fairness, the Rams are stacked. Westbrooks just outplayed him but it was really close. 

I don't know what's going on with Carter, but Sam's worth a consideration over him.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 8:16 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


Sam is not a fit in a 3-4 scheme. He is strictly a DE in 4-3. I also heard that he looked good from one side, but looked bad when put on the other side.  Coaches look for versatility when choosing the reserves and Sam is not very versatile.

Last edited 8/30/2014 8:17 PM by Bevo37

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/30/2014 8:30 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 



PghCrew wrote: No thanks. When it's "breaking news" that the 249th pick in the draft gets cut, I don't want anything to do with their circus

bingo


That was actually unbelievable that (Joel) said that people do not debate him on football.  He just blocks out the parts where others are right, which leaves him almost nothing to remember. - Danimal
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 8:55 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 



PghCrew wrote: No thanks. When it's "breaking news" that the 249th pick in the draft gets cut, I don't want anything to do with their circus

The circus???? What circus????  You are sounding like an ESPN segment producer....was he photographed straddling a male swan with a bottle of booze????  No...was he photographed with RuPaul and a few drag queens in Vegas???? No.....was he photographed with a stack of bills in the shape of a phallus pretending to do things to it???? NO!  Did any of his teammates go on the record saying it was a distraction??? NO!  Did the Rams have to call him in to say tone down his homosexuality?????  NO!  Seems that some uber-heterosexual rookie did all these things if you put it in a hetero-sexual context.  Was he busted on the way to the airport smoking weed with a veteran??? No...but one of our heterosexual rookies was!

The distraction and circus is all in your narrow minds...because all reports coming out of Rams camp was that he was an ideal teammate and rookie in camp...and he is probably going to be signed to their practice squad after having a strong rookie pre-season who happened to get caught up in a numbers game at the position he plays....no where was he a distraction....once he held the press conference there was no circus...no distractions.  So cut the garbage!

If you want to argue that he wont fit into our scheme...that is a valid point....if you want to say that we dont have the space on our practice squad because of the position he plays ...you might have a point. If you say that the SEC Defensive Player of the Year isnt good enough to be on the practice squad for the mighty Steelers...I would question your ability to evaluate talent but it is a football point. But stop with the BS of distraction and circus....man up to what you really mean.

All the talk about the Ravens ...is true. They just are a second rate organization, regardless of how this all turns out. - skaybaltimore

Last edited 8/30/2014 9:01 PM by rubbercitysteeler

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 9:31 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


There is no denying he's a distraction. You can debate the size of the distraction but there is definitely one. 

I hope they do sign him to their PS. He's a better fit there.
Hiesenburg wrote: Name the things you like about the Steelers.
Matt6999 wrote: I didn't "pick" the Steelers.  I'm from Butler. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 9:43 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 



Hiesenburg wrote: There is no denying he's a distraction. You can debate the size of the distraction but there is definitely one. 

I hope they do sign him to their PS. He's a better fit there.
So me a single on the record quote from anyone in that organization that said he was a distraction....unless you have some secret inside the Rams organization information that has been missed by every single press source....they said that Jackie Robinson was going to be a distraction too.....by your standards...we should cut Laveon Bell and LaGarrette Blount.

All the talk about the Ravens ...is true. They just are a second rate organization, regardless of how this all turns out. - skaybaltimore
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 9:43 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 


I think you the circus he was referring to was the media circus. Who need to pump a story. Not Mr. Sam himself who just wanted to pursue his football career.


---------------------------------------------
--- rubbercitysteeler wrote:


PghCrew wrote: No thanks. When it's "breaking news" that the 249th pick in the draft gets cut, I don't want anything to do with their circus

The circus???? What circus????  You are sounding like an ESPN segment producer....was he photographed straddling a male swan with a bottle of booze????  No...was he photographed with RuPaul and a few drag queens in Vegas???? No.....was he photographed with a stack of bills in the shape of a phallus pretending to do things to it???? NO!  Did any of his teammates go on the record saying it was a distraction??? NO!  Did the Rams have to call him in to say tone down his homosexuality?????  NO!  Seems that some uber-heterosexual rookie did all these things if you put it in a hetero-sexual context.  Was he busted on the way to the airport smoking weed with a veteran??? No...but one of our heterosexual rookies was!

The distraction and circus is all in your narrow minds...because all reports coming out of Rams camp was that he was an ideal teammate and rookie in camp...and he is probably going to be signed to their practice squad after having a strong rookie pre-season who happened to get caught up in a numbers game at the position he plays....no where was he a distraction....once he held the press conference there was no circus...no distractions.  So cut the garbage!

If you want to argue that he wont fit into our scheme...that is a valid point....if you want to say that we dont have the space on our practice squad because of the position he plays ...you might have a point. If you say that the SEC Defensive Player of the Year isnt good enough to be on the practice squad for the mighty Steelers...I would question your ability to evaluate talent but it is a football point. But stop with the BS of distraction and circus....man up to what you really mean.

---------------------------------------------

The Standards do not change, just the cast.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 9:51 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 



rubbercitysteeler wrote:
Hiesenburg wrote: There is no denying he's a distraction. You can debate the size of the distraction but there is definitely one. 

I hope they do sign him to their PS. He's a better fit there.
So me a single on the record quote from anyone in that organization that said he was a distraction....unless you have some secret inside the Rams organization information that has been missed by every single press source....they said that Jackie Robinson was going to be a distraction too.....by your standards...we should cut Laveon Bell and LaGarrette Blount.
Do you deny they had him cancel his reality show that was to air on Oprah? Did that take time and cause a distraction to deal with?

Do you deny they had more cameras from ESPN and other trash gossip/sports sites? Was that a distraction? 

You really expect to hear things "on the record" when jobs are on the line and the media backlash that would happen if someone did speak their mind? 

My question is, why does he have to announce his sexual preferences? I don't go around saying I like to be with women? Did the rest of his team announce their sexual preferences? Why did he? Attention? Reality show? Money? Side show? 

Like I said, he's not a fit here so thankfully I don't have to worry about it. Wish him well but why he had to make this announcement is stupid. Why the news wants to or needs to care is beyond me. 

If you want to remove sexual issues or race issues, stop talking about them, not promoting them like has happened on the news recently with the Sam stuff and the nonsense in Missouri. 

What other 7th rounder had his release listed as an ESPN headline today?
Hiesenburg wrote: Name the things you like about the Steelers.
Matt6999 wrote: I didn't "pick" the Steelers.  I'm from Butler. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/30/2014 9:53 PM

Re: Michael Sam anyone? 



Thor1970 wrote: I think you the circus he was referring to was the media circus. Who need to pump a story. Not Mr. Sam himself who just wanted to pursue his football career.


---------------------------------------------
--- rubbercitysteeler wrote:


PghCrew wrote: No thanks. When it's "breaking news" that the 249th pick in the draft gets cut, I don't want anything to do with their circus

The circus???? What circus????  You are sounding like an ESPN segment producer....was he photographed straddling a male swan with a bottle of booze????  No...was he photographed with RuPaul and a few drag queens in Vegas???? No.....was he photographed with a stack of bills in the shape of a phallus pretending to do things to it???? NO!  Did any of his teammates go on the record saying it was a distraction??? NO!  Did the Rams have to call him in to say tone down his homosexuality?????  NO!  Seems that some uber-heterosexual rookie did all these things if you put it in a hetero-sexual context.  Was he busted on the way to the airport smoking weed with a veteran??? No...but one of our heterosexual rookies was!

The distraction and circus is all in your narrow minds...because all reports coming out of Rams camp was that he was an ideal teammate and rookie in camp...and he is probably going to be signed to their practice squad after having a strong rookie pre-season who happened to get caught up in a numbers game at the position he plays....no where was he a distraction....once he held the press conference there was no circus...no distractions.  So cut the garbage!

If you want to argue that he wont fit into our scheme...that is a valid point....if you want to say that we dont have the space on our practice squad because of the position he plays ...you might have a point. If you say that the SEC Defensive Player of the Year isnt good enough to be on the practice squad for the mighty Steelers...I would question your ability to evaluate talent but it is a football point. But stop with the BS of distraction and circus....man up to what you really mean.

---------------------------------------------

Considering the consternation and scorn that ESPN just took by players...fans and other media outlets.over a stupid story focusing on his showering habits by players..any perception of a circus is dead and gone.  The stupidity and juvenile behavior by ESPN was dramatic.

All the talk about the Ravens ...is true. They just are a second rate organization, regardless of how this all turns out. - skaybaltimore
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 9  Next >