Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 17  Next >

STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD

Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 8:54 AM

STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Game 3 of the preason, I can't wait for the season to start.

I am the best there is, the best to come, the best that will ever be. PGH STEELERS
ECBOY says "Stay thirsty my friends."

      

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 12:42 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


I'm not looking forward to Shazier coming back to earth. He was so exceptional the last game, now we have to see that he probably can't keep that pace up. 

Is Beard playing? That will be nostalgically nice.
Free your mind and the rest will follow.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 12:45 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


willour smoking toking running backs play?

I am the best there is, the best to come, the best that will ever be. PGH STEELERS
ECBOY says "Stay thirsty my friends."

      

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 12:51 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Just reported on 93.7 The Fan, per the NFL Network, both guys will play.

We shall see.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 1:07 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 



stainless wrote: I'm not looking forward to Shazier coming back to earth. He was so exceptional the last game, now we have to see that he probably can't keep that pace up. 

Is Beard playing? That will be nostalgically nice.
No beard in this game from what I've read. We will Ring the Bell, and roll the Blount in philly for sure.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 1:10 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Was just thinking the same thing.

Also, I assume Archer will get some 1st team reps as the 1st down back.  I'm interested to see that.  I'm envisioning some runs between the tackles that get easily stopped.  But the 1st team line has been blocking nicely the first two games, so I'd like to see them give him a nice hole he can just explode through.
stainless wrote: I'm not looking forward to Shazier coming back to earth. He was so exceptional the last game, now we have to see that he probably can't keep that pace up. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 2:55 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Archer is going to be the kind of back that gets stopped for no gain, or even a small loss, often but then occasionally breaks the big one. And I'm fine with that. I'd like to see him in there the whole first half. Bell is our starter, that's a given, but Archer has so much potential now is the time to really test him.

IOW, if the season started now, I'm afraid he sits through most of the season. But if he breaks for a couple more big gains, they have to game plan him in there. 
jimmytwotimes wrote: Was just thinking the same thing.

Also, I assume Archer will get some 1st team reps as the 1st down back.  I'm interested to see that.  I'm envisioning some runs between the tackles that get easily stopped.  But the 1st team line has been blocking nicely the first two games, so I'd like to see them give him a nice hole he can just explode through.
stainless wrote: I'm not looking forward to Shazier coming back to earth. He was so exceptional the last game, now we have to see that he probably can't keep that pace up. 
Free your mind and the rest will follow.
Reply | Quote
  • STEELSB
  • Member
  • 4033 posts this site

Posted: 8/21/2014 3:05 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Should be more of an overall test than the Bills.

O's like the Eagles are a big reason why Shazier was drafted and Mitchell was signed as a FA.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 3:16 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


good point. I am happy the game is on a quick turnaround, until it's over
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 4:21 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Everyone healthy at the end, please.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 4:45 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


I am hoping it goes so well that Matt can find no reason to post on Friday.
Free your mind and the rest will follow.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 4:54 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


No injuries. That's all I can hope for besides progress from the youth movement.
Photobucket
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 5:39 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Agreed.  I remember a few posting that they hope the Steelers learn how to use him better than Rainey--and hoping he doesn't run inside.

Well, I hope he does run inside this game and breaks one, like you say.  We can't have teams keying on him running off of just 2-3 plays.
stainless wrote: Archer is going to be the kind of back that gets stopped for no gain, or even a small loss, often but then occasionally breaks the big one. And I'm fine with that. I'd like to see him in there the whole first half. Bell is our starter, that's a given, but Archer has so much potential now is the time to really test him.

IOW, if the season started now, I'm afraid he sits through most of the season. But if he breaks for a couple more big gains, they have to game plan him in there. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 6:32 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 



stainless wrote: I am hoping it goes so well that Matt can find no reason to post on Friday.
He can always bring up the half dozen or so Super Bowls we should have won.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 6:33 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 



ncinthenext3 wrote: Everyone healthy at the end, please.
Yep.  All that really matters at this point.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 6:47 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


I don't want to see Archer play at all. Less for possible injury and more for showing less film on him.I know what he is capable of. Let him return kicks and punts.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 6:56 PM

Re: STEELERS VERSUS EAGLES PREGAME THREAD 


Keisel in uniform.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 7:48 PM

Steelers @ Eagles Game Thread 


That hit on Bell was nice but now is illegal.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 7:50 PM

Re: Steelers @ Eagles Game Thread 


Yeah that's the NFL's dilemma. Illegal, flagged hit. And yet when they go to commercial that's the play TV is using as the highlight of the drive.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 7:53 PM

Re: Steelers @ Eagles Game Thread 


Pathetic for by Worilds on that play.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 17  Next >