Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

if ray rice was a steeler?

Posted: 8/3/2014 7:44 PM

if ray rice was a steeler? 


would the team let him go? with the video evidence everyone has seen, would the rooneys have parted ways with rice?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 7:54 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


Not with that bloated contract

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:03 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


I'd like to think yes.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:09 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


Did they let James Harrison go?

Did they let Santonio Holmes go?
Hiesenburg wrote: Name the things you like about the Steelers.
Matt6999 wrote: I didn't "pick" the Steelers.  I'm from Butler. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:11 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 



Hiesenburg wrote: Did they let James Harrison go?

Did they let Santonio Holmes go?
I am not sure, but the fact that the video is public might make a difference. should it? I don't know, would it, perhaps.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:12 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


No. He would have received a longer suspension though.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:13 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 





---------------------------------------------
--- Hiesenburg wrote:

Did they let James Harrison go?

Did they let Santonio Holmes go?

---------------------------------------------

They dumped Tone for a bucket of balls after his incident in Miami. Get your facts straight.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:17 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


If Rice were a Steeler, he would not be as highly regarded in the first place, because he'd have played his career with a real quarterback and not caught eleven million dump-offs to pump up his fantasy stats.  And his second contract would've been structured much differently, so he would've been much more easily let go, if they'd wanted to do so.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:18 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 



Wvette wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- Hiesenburg wrote:

Did they let James Harrison go?

Did they let Santonio Holmes go?

---------------------------------------------

They dumped Tone for a bucket of balls after his incident in Miami. Get your facts straight.
He tried to choke out his baby momma #2 before he even signed his rookie contract. Get your facts straight.
Hiesenburg wrote: Name the things you like about the Steelers.
Matt6999 wrote: I didn't "pick" the Steelers.  I'm from Butler. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:19 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 





---------------------------------------------
--- Hiesenburg wrote:


Wvette wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- Hiesenburg wrote:

Did they let James Harrison go?

Did they let Santonio Holmes go?

---------------------------------------------

They dumped Tone for a bucket of balls after his incident in Miami. Get your facts straight.
He tried to choke out his baby momma #2 before he even signed his rookie contract. Get your facts straight.

---------------------------------------------

With no charges filed, and he wasn't signed by the team.

When he had an incident while on the team, they dumped him.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:21 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 




If by "bucket of balls," you meant Bryant McFadden AND Antonio Brown then you are correct. Clearly, the Steelers came out WAY ahead by dumping Holmes.
---------------------------------------------
--- Wvette wrote:




---------------------------------------------
--- Hiesenburg wrote:

Did they let James Harrison go?

Did they let Santonio Holmes go?

---------------------------------------------

They dumped Tone for a bucket of balls after his incident in Miami. Get your facts straight.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:22 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 



Wvette wrote:

With no charges filed, and he wasn't signed by the team.

When he had an incident while on the team, they dumped him.
Charges were filed and dropped. 

When he had his, what, 10th or so incident they cut him.

Pittsburgh police said they found three marijuana-filled cigars in Holmes' car when he was pulled over Oct. 23. Holmes was stopped because his car was similar to one they were looking for in a drug sting.

Holmes was cooperative and alerted officers to the drugs, police said.

DelGreco has characterized the charge "as low as a grade a misdemeanor you can get." The penalty is up to 30 days probation and a $500 fine, he said.

Coach Mike Tomlin deactivated Holmes for a game following the traffic stop. He was not arrested and received a court summons, which is common with misdemeanor charges in Pennsylvania.

Holmes said he "learned a lot" from missing a game following the traffic stop. Before the Super Bowl, Holmes told the media that he had dealt drugs for a year in his hometown of Belle Glade, Fla.

Holmes, a first-round draft pick out of Ohio State in 2006, has had two other run-ins with the law since the Steelers drafted him. In June 2006, he was charged with domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio. Those charges were dropped when the mother of one of his three children declined to help prosecute the case and prosecutors were assured that Holmes received anger management and domestic violence counseling through the NFL.

In May 2006, Holmes was arrested for disorderly conduct by police in Miami, who later dropped the charges.

Hiesenburg wrote: Name the things you like about the Steelers.
Matt6999 wrote: I didn't "pick" the Steelers.  I'm from Butler. 

Last edited 8/3/2014 8:25 PM by Hiesenburg

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:23 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 





---------------------------------------------
--- Hannibal2121 wrote:



If by "bucket of balls," you meant Bryant McFadden AND Antonio Brown then you are correct. Clearly, the Steelers came out WAY ahead by dumping Holmes.
---------------------------------------------
--- Wvette wrote:




---------------------------------------------
--- Hiesenburg wrote:

Did they let James Harrison go?

Did they let Santonio Holmes go?

---------------------------------------------

They dumped Tone for a bucket of balls after his incident in Miami. Get your facts straight.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

They traded him for those players?

I guess all 6th round picks end up as good as AB. We should trade more Super Bowl winning WRs for them.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:24 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 





---------------------------------------------
--- Hiesenburg wrote:


Wvette wrote:

With no charges filed, and he wasn't signed by the team.

When he had an incident while on the team, they dumped him.
Charges were filed and dropped. 

When he had his, what, 10th or so incident they cut him.

---------------------------------------------

Please list the 10 incidents related to violence.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:25 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


yes

he's apiece of trash
......"His lack of response told me all I needed to know. He has no connection to Duke, the Steelers, etc. and is nothing more than a frontrunning d***e with the emotional stability of a teenage girl"......
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 10:01 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


I wouldn't want him on the Steelers but thats neither here nor there. He should be suspended for a year.
A sack occurs when a QB, TE, RB or WR doesn't recognize to avoid or prevent it, an O lineman who can't stop it, or and OC who doesn't prepare those players to do any of the above.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/3/2014 10:05 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 


I honestly don't know what the Steelers would do.  I suspect they would have added some games to the suspension, if not before then after the response to it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 10:11 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 



Hannibal2121 wrote:

If by "bucket of balls," you meant Bryant McFadden AND Antonio Brown then you are correct. Clearly, the Steelers came out WAY ahead by dumping Holmes. 
No, they traded him for a 5th round pick. What they did with the 5th round pick is completely irrelevant to the initial trade to get rid of Holmes.

As for the question of if Rice was a Steeler, I'm probably a crazy conspiracy theorist but Goodell would have suspended him for the year, if not more.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 10:37 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 



Hiesenburg wrote:
begby wrote: I wouldn't want him on the Steelers but thats neither here nor there. He should be suspended for a year.
Did you want James Harrison suspended for a year or off the team?
I wouldn't say either way without all the facts. What I know of the incident as i have stated earlier in another thread, is really nothing. If what he did was slap a phone out of the woman's hand and hit her in the process or not its still domestic violence and something should have been done. And no, not a year suspension. What was the medical report in regards to this woman's condition?
There was no video of James dragging the unconscious woman out of a public elevator. And as someone already pointed out, the Harrison incident happened before Goodell got a wild hair up his ass policing the league.
A sack occurs when a QB, TE, RB or WR doesn't recognize to avoid or prevent it, an O lineman who can't stop it, or and OC who doesn't prepare those players to do any of the above.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 10:41 PM

Re: if ray rice was a steeler? 



begby wrote:
Hiesenburg wrote:
begby wrote: I wouldn't want him on the Steelers but thats neither here nor there. He should be suspended for a year.
Did you want James Harrison suspended for a year or off the team?
I wouldn't say either way without all the facts. What I know of the incident as i have stated earlier in another thread, is really nothing. If what he did was slap a phone out of the woman's hand and hit her in the process or not its still domestic violence and something should have been done. And no, not a year suspension. What was the medical report in regards to this woman's condition?
There was no video of James dragging the unconscious woman out of a public elevator. And as someone already pointed out, the Harrison incident happened before Goodell got a wild hair up his ass policing the league.
So, to be clear, because it wasn't on film and was before the PCP(it actually happened about a year after PCP came into play) he shouldn't be suspended? But Ray Rice should, for a year, because it's on film and presumably because he's a Raven? 

Sound about right? This is really my point. How so many want to pretend this stuff doesn't happen on the Steelers but when it does, they want all the facts or less suspensions or make excuses for the domestic violence. 

I'm assuming you must have all the facts of exactly what happened with Rice, since you want the year suspension. You should share with the rest of us so we can all be as informed.
Hiesenburg wrote: Name the things you like about the Steelers.
Matt6999 wrote: I didn't "pick" the Steelers.  I'm from Butler. 

Last edited 8/3/2014 10:41 PM by Hiesenburg

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >