Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Who is that Jones guy?

Avatar

Posted: 08/09/2014 11:33 AM

Who is that Jones guy? 


that ex packer who was supposed to be the Raiders #1 receiver? I don't think he played a snap.  Good job reggie eek1 And Holmes sucks too. Get someone who knows offense on your coaching squad or you are hopefully toast.

News: Jones is listed behind Andre Holmes and Rod Streater on the Raiders' unofficial depth chart. (Fri Aug 8)


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/09/2014 2:09 PM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 


My Question... is well we ever get anyone better then RM and DA. Or should i just ask are we ever going to get better... im tired of losing.

 
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. "Albert Einstein"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/09/2014 7:22 PM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 


We all tire of losing. I don't blame DA as much as RM.

How many top tier teams have such dominate GMs? SF, Seattle, NE, and Balt are run by coaches not boy toys that take it for the GM.

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/10/2014 7:39 AM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 



4thringtime wrote: We all tire of losing. I don't blame DA as much as RM.

How many top tier teams have such dominate GMs? SF, Seattle, NE, and Balt are run by coaches not boy toys that take it for the GM.
Not sure DA is a boy toy my Raider brother.  Give him a little more time.  This is a new team, personnel wise, and will take a little time to gel.

That is what preseason is for.  In your list, two of them are Harbaughs,  two are coached by coaches that are about as animated as you can get.  One is coached by a guy that has the emotion of CPR Annie.  Wins are what defines a head coach, and DA has 8.  Jimmy Johnson as 1-15, and 7-9 his first two years.  They hit the jackpot trading Walker and used their drafts well.  We went a little different route.  RM knows the Raider's fans want to win now so he tried to get proven winners that are hopefully not all washed up.  Hey that was Raiders Waypirate back in the day.  I still think we will make an enormous improvement because the players play the game, and unless a head coach and his assistants are completely incompetent with clock management, play calling, personnel decisions, and schemes it is up to the players to get it done.  I like our personnel.

http://darthraider.com/images/9243d11069bb15f43dff6002a0dbdf87.jpg
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/10/2014 7:46 AM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 


Im going to save my panic attack till after the 3 preason game. If our offense doesnt gell by then its going to be a long season. I still stand by my theory of using blocking te or extre ol and just move reese around to create mis matches as until proven other wise we dont have a starting calibur te. Not a lot of positives on O but def 6 sacks and de Harris looked like a find but seems to get winded quickly.cb carrie and chewki look good.we will have a better look at our offense next week with mcfadden and mjd pounding it and setting up more play action.hopefully.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/10/2014 9:25 AM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 


Carrie and Chek should be starting corners next week.


---------------------------------------------
--- BLEEDSandB wrote:

Im going to save my panic attack till after the 3 preason game. If our offense doesnt gell by then its going to be a long season. I still stand by my theory of using blocking te or extre ol and just move reese around to create mis matches as until proven other wise we dont have a starting calibur te. Not a lot of positives on O but def 6 sacks and de Harris looked like a find but seems to get winded quickly.cb carrie and chewki look good.we will have a better look at our offense next week with mcfadden and mjd pounding it and setting up more play action.hopefully.

---------------------------------------------

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/10/2014 10:51 AM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 



BLEEDSandB wrote: Im going to save my panic attack till after the 3 preason game. If our offense doesnt gell by then its going to be a long season. I still stand by my theory of using blocking te or extre ol and just move reese around to create mis matches as until proven other wise we dont have a starting calibur te. Not a lot of positives on O but def 6 sacks and de Harris looked like a find but seems to get winded quickly.cb carrie and chewki look good.we will have a better look at our offense next week with mcfadden and mjd pounding it and setting up more play action.hopefully.
I am not old enough to know about pre 1900's. But the Lion 0-16 season tells me all I need to know about preseason records. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Detroit_Lions_se ason#Preseason

For Lion fans this was the end of the 50 year Bobby Layne curse.  After a 4-0 preseason they were headed for the super bowl.  Then the iceberg that sank the Titanic. 

All coaches have their own personalities some are rah, rah some are CPR Annie, some raise hell.

Here are two coaching styles and the results speak for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8inAD8Z1ysM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMVmhI1SUq0

http://darthraider.com/images/9243d11069bb15f43dff6002a0dbdf87.jpg
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/10/2014 11:00 AM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 


I agree sloppy play but that can be expected with such a personal turn over it is way to early to start packing it in until next season.



Photobucket

Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 8:03 AM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 


Butler looked pretty good at wr.He and McGloin hooked up 5 times.Heyward-bey, I mean little looked useless andwill be shocked if he makes the team.For a vet qb this offense looked like a rookie running it.Still time for Schaub to get on the same page with his recievers. OL looked good opening holes up but Watkins looked like the weak link in the chain.I expect a lot of our games to be like this during the season.Kind of like the Tampa bay Bucs when Dilfer was qb.Hope the runninggame was churning out yards and playing tough def .Praying the O wouldn't fock things up to bad for the def.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 5:56 PM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 



rawhead wrote: that ex packer who was supposed to be the Raiders #1 receiver? I don't think he played a snap.  Good job reggie eek1 And Holmes sucks too. Get someone who knows offense on your coaching squad or you are hopefully toast.

News: Jones is listed behind Andre Holmes and Rod Streater on the Raiders' unofficial depth chart. (Fri Aug 8)
WTF?  It is the first pre-season game!!!!! Veterans who are being paid good money rarely play much if at all in the first preseason game.   eek1

Last edited 08/11/2014 5:57 PM by MadBomber3

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 10:18 PM

Re: Who is that Jones guy? 


Really? Because I've seen a ton of well paid vets start the first preseason game and play until they can make something happen. Guys who make 10 times what Jones is making. Don't act like he's Adrian Petterson. He's never had a 1000 yard year in his career.  He had a fluke NFL TD record one season so he's only a little ahead of James Jett.  Paying a guy like that "Very good money" is a mistake in the first place. But I don't think the Raiders paid that much for him.
MadBomber3 wrote: WTF?  It is the first pre-season game!!!!! Veterans who are being paid good money rarely play much if at all in the first preseason game.   eek1


Reply | Quote