Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft.

Posted: 01/13/2013 9:54 PM

Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


We have needs at CB and MLB, DT that can stop the run. If there is one trade to happen to help us in the draft it would be with the Rams. The Rams hold two picks in the first round at 16 and 22. The Raiders could trade with them and they would want to pick OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M. 

The Raiders can have many choices and fill two major needs.

16th pick Raiders = OG Chance Warmack Alabama, LB Manti Te’o Notre Dame, NT Johnathan Jenkins Georgia, CB Johnthan Banks Mississippi State.

 

22nd pick Raiders = TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame, CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State, CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State.


Picking Tyler Eifert can give us a big weapon, he has lined up at WR, can block, is a tall, physical TE that can give us TD's in the red zone. 

any inputs or favorites that anyone would want to pick at 16 and 22. Or will this trade even happen. I am sure the Raiders would have to put more later round picks in the deal.

GO RAIDERS
RIP AL DAVIS
JUST WIN BABY!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/14/2013 4:45 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


I wonder if Oakland could package Tommy Kelly in a deal with a team that may want to add a nice DT to their lineup.

We are tired of him but around the league he is a decent DT and a two time pro Bowl alternate not that, that really means anything.  I would wager St Lou would not mind throwing him into a mix with Chris Long and Co. though.

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
IGNORE LIST naplesbuckeye2002

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/14/2013 1:22 PM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 



Ibetonart wrote: I wonder if Oakland could package Tommy Kelly in a deal with a team that may want to add a nice DT to their lineup.

We are tired of him but around the league he is a decent DT and a two time pro Bowl alternate not that, that really means anything.  I would wager St Lou would not mind throwing him into a mix with Chris Long and Co. though.
Yea that sounds good too, even throw in Seymour too and we will keep our later round picks...

GO RAIDERS
RIP AL DAVIS
JUST WIN BABY!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/14/2013 3:14 PM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


It is a good thing to send the high payed dead weight packing one thing to keep in mind make sure you have a good replacement if not that would be one more addition to the many holes or needs for our team..



Photobucket

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 4:11 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


I personally think Bryant and Bilikudi can replace Kelly and often injured Seymour.

Seymour was non existent this year, Bilikudi I thought got better and better and has a motor to him.

Bryant I believe is just as good if not better than Kelly because Bryant does not draw the 3 flags a game Kelly does.

Seymour is walking he is done we can't trade him, but Kelly I think is still under contract and could be traded I say trade him with the #3 pick to someone to move down and grab some more picks.

Kelly is a starting DT and packaged with the #3 it could net us a 3rd and 4th or something out of Kelly who would not get that on his own...noidea

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
IGNORE LIST naplesbuckeye2002

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 7:46 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 



irishboss wrote: We have needs at CB and MLB, DT that can stop the run. If there is one trade to happen to help us in the draft it would be with the Rams. The Rams hold two picks in the first round at 16 and 22. The Raiders could trade with them and they would want to pick OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M. 

The Raiders can have many choices and fill two major needs.

16th pick Raiders = OG Chance Warmack Alabama, LB Manti Te’o Notre Dame, NT Johnathan Jenkins Georgia, CB Johnthan Banks Mississippi State.

 

22nd pick Raiders = TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame, CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State, CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State.


Picking Tyler Eifert can give us a big weapon, he has lined up at WR, can block, is a tall, physical TE that can give us TD's in the red zone. 

any inputs or favorites that anyone would want to pick at 16 and 22. Or will this trade even happen. I am sure the Raiders would have to put more later round picks in the deal.
I just want to make sure I understand... we need a CB, MLB and a DT and the 1st two players on your list if we traded down are an OG and TE.... I like the idea of trading down but I would remove the TE and all the CBs... I don't see a guy worth taking in the 1st rd.  I say LB and DT... we have got to be able to stop the run....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 9:04 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


this trade with st louis has no chance of happening, i have relatives that work for em,i like the jets or buffalo as trade partners,both are in serious need of help at qb/dt you trade down to #8 or #9 get a 2nd,3rd or 2nd next yr and 4th this yr or player,then from those 2 spots you trade down again and get another 2nd rd pick and 3rd,then grab best d/t or oline guy

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 9:28 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 



jbbrown322 wrote:
irishboss wrote: We have needs at CB and MLB, DT that can stop the run. If there is one trade to happen to help us in the draft it would be with the Rams. The Rams hold two picks in the first round at 16 and 22. The Raiders could trade with them and they would want to pick OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M. 

The Raiders can have many choices and fill two major needs.

16th pick Raiders = OG Chance Warmack Alabama, LB Manti Te’o Notre Dame, NT Johnathan Jenkins Georgia, CB Johnthan Banks Mississippi State.

 

22nd pick Raiders = TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame, CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State, CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State.


Picking Tyler Eifert can give us a big weapon, he has lined up at WR, can block, is a tall, physical TE that can give us TD's in the red zone. 

any inputs or favorites that anyone would want to pick at 16 and 22. Or will this trade even happen. I am sure the Raiders would have to put more later round picks in the deal.
I just want to make sure I understand... we need a CB, MLB and a DT and the 1st two players on your list if we traded down are an OG and TE.... I like the idea of trading down but I would remove the TE and all the CBs... I don't see a guy worth taking in the 1st rd.  I say LB and DT... we have got to be able to stop the run....
They are best available according to mock draft boards. A lot of DT and LB are being drafted in the first part of the first round.

GO RAIDERS
RIP AL DAVIS
JUST WIN BABY!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/15/2013 6:26 PM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


Well first off we can't trade Seymour as he is a free agent this season . That we owe him still $5.2 million in signing bonus on his contract that will become dead money now for us on the 2013 cap .


That now the trading down from the #3 overall pick is a idea that many of us want to see happen but this draft right now has no clear cut #1 player here in it . That it is a very deep draft for defensive lines players so no real need right now for teams to look at moving up yet to get a player for this position to date .

Now sure should change some after January 26th the Senior Bowl on NFL Network some players should start to create a buzz around them from their play in this game and the practice habits during the week up to the game . The combine will also have a few players create a buzz to for them some guys with a good showing in the individual workouts Ezekiel Ansah-BYU ,Margus Hunt-SMU should really help make a name for themselves here to be considered as 1st round picks . Both are very Raw players only less then 5 years playing the game but tremendous Athletes and potential is off the charts for both of them if they can put it all together that is .

That now for the trades okay best bet for us is for Reid to go and do us a huge favor and grab Geno Smith with the #1 pick as trading out of here won't be an option as no player there teams want badly to move up to the spot .

Now we get lucky and see the Jags who need help in the pass rush re-sign Knighton and then go with one of three  players here of either Star Lotulelei of Utah , Bjoern Werner-FSU , DaMontre Moore-Texas A&M is the pick for them at the #2 overall pick .

That will leave us with some one looking now at the most prized offensive player on the board here since Geno is off it now and QB's regardless are always overvalued in the drafts .

Now Eagles need a LT :Jason Peters was injured this season and could be better served at RT
Lions could also use a LT:Backus is decent but Luke could really help give Stafford some breathing room in the pocket too . Plus the RT Cherilus is a F/A so gives them the option to now to move Backus to RT if Gosder decides to  not take a team friendly deal that is ? DB is also a need as well as a possible DE if Cliff Avril leaves as a F/A too ?

Browns sitting at #6 can go much any direction they want to as new owner, President Banner calling the draft may decide to look at their own QB here or see what Chuds and Norv can do with Weeden .
Bradon is older being 29 start of next season so not a lot of time for him but Norv is vertical offense and play-action should fit him nicely for the short time and allow them to look at grabbing some other needs for them here . They need a LB so Jarvis Jones-Georgia could be an option here to give a pass rush for them , Dee Milliner-Alabama  or Ryan Lacy-UTAH  would look really nicely paired with Joe Haden easily become the top corners in the division not bad when got Andy, Flacco , and Ben throwing more now .

Chance Warmack-Alabama would look might good in between Joe Thomas and Alex Mack .
John Greco and Shawn Lauvao can battle it out in camp for the RG spot loser brings nice depth for the OL . Easily gives Trent a strong left side to run on . 


So for us here gives us the real team to look at trading with Arizona #7 they are solid on the defensive side and the new head coach is stuck with the defensive coaches whether they want them or not and also is handcuffed with Kolb as the QB as the Bidwells aren't ready to give up on Kevin yet . So where's that really leave the new head coach and GM then . To protect him and that means look at Oakland to make deal to grab the best LT and offensive player on the board since Warmack doesn't really offer nothing for them at LG . Nate Potter was an off and on starter at LT so likely now gets a camp battle with fellow rookie Bobby Massie at RT loser is backup .

Now with Eagles maybe looking at Joeckel as well as Lions then Chargers won't let him past them at #11 . That they too might look to jump up to grab him as they need a LT . Miami could to especially if Jake Long leaves as a F/A and Tannehill and Sherman know Luke all to well so ideal fit for the offense in Miami .

That we could then swap the 1st rd picks #3(2200 value) to #7(1,500 value) pick up the Cardinals 2nd rd #39 overall(520 value) and their 3rd round  in 2014 .

That not really a whole lot of teams that would be looking at moving up to the #7 as the player value is about equal here now only hope is that a team would fall in love with Ansah or remaining DE players here to want them and we don't value them enough to take them ourselves here ?

But my guess is if Moore would still be here or Werner then we likely grab them here and move on to the now newly picked up 2nd round pick for another player likely a DB Jordan Poyer-Oregon State or OL player Kyle Long-Oregon raw player too but should shoot up the charts after his combine drills .Has the potential to become the best OL player in this draft if he puts it all together as the physical ability is there just needs time and coach to help him reach that level is all .




 

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way. Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/15/2013 7:07 PM

RE: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


nascarford0688 Very nice.... That could very well happen. Picking at #7 could give us better choices, we could take CB Milliner. Maybe the buccaneers will fall in love with Milliner since they passed on Morris Claiborne in last years draft, and we can pick at #13 with picking up more picks. We can still get a DT, LB or CB that either one can still help out.

GO RAIDERS
RIP AL DAVIS
JUST WIN BABY!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/16/2013 4:54 AM

RE: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


I'm not an expert on NFL contracts or anything, but if a team trades for Kelly they take on the bloated salary right? And if they wait until we release him, which all indications say we will, they can sign him to any contract the market dictates? I'm not sure how much Kelly would get, but I'm pretty sure it's less than what we're paying. If that's the case, I see teams waiting us out and/or taking a DT prospect in the draft.

As for trades, I think it's kind of useless to project at this point. There's no clear #1 or 2 pick like Luck and RG3 last year, so until the combine and pro days we don't have a great sense of who's gonna be around at #3. The combine should provide some clarity, and then we can start to think who would like to trade up to #3. Because no team is gonna give up what we want in return unless they have a guy targeted at a position of need. And I'm sure we aren't the only team in the top 10 looking at trading down.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/16/2013 8:23 AM

RE: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 



golaclips wrote: I'm not an expert on NFL contracts or anything, but if a team trades for Kelly they take on the bloated salary right? And if they wait until we release him, which all indications say we will, they can sign him to any contract the market dictates? I'm not sure how much Kelly would get, but I'm pretty sure it's less than what we're paying. If that's the case, I see teams waiting us out and/or taking a DT prospect in the draft.

As for trades, I think it's kind of useless to project at this point. There's no clear #1 or 2 pick like Luck and RG3 last year, so until the combine and pro days we don't have a great sense of who's gonna be around at #3. The combine should provide some clarity, and then we can start to think who would like to trade up to #3. Because no team is gonna give up what we want in return unless they have a guy targeted at a position of need. And I'm sure we aren't the only team in the top 10 looking at trading down.
The players that are traded or retires from a team then that team is responsible for paying the remaining money that is from the signing bonus that is owed to them from the signing bonus money .

That the new team that takes on this player takes on the remaining contract of the player minus the signing money . That is up to them to negotiate the new signing bonus money with the player to come up with the guaranteed money for them .

So any players that we trade this season for picks then we will pay their remaining signing bonus money that goes directly then against the cap this season for us and the new team takes over their remaining contract for the player then .

That the issue for us is that some of these deals are so high that not a lot of teams that can fit them under their cap number this season . There just isn't that many teams out there for us for some of these players .
In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way. Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/16/2013 10:19 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 



irishboss wrote: We have needs at CB and MLB, DT that can stop the run. If there is one trade to happen to help us in the draft it would be with the Rams. The Rams hold two picks in the first round at 16 and 22. The Raiders could trade with them and they would want to pick OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M. 

The Raiders can have many choices and fill two major needs.

16th pick Raiders = OG Chance Warmack Alabama, LB Manti Te’o Notre Dame, NT Johnathan Jenkins Georgia, CB Johnthan Banks Mississippi State.

 

22nd pick Raiders = TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame, CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State, CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State.


Picking Tyler Eifert can give us a big weapon, he has lined up at WR, can block, is a tall, physical TE that can give us TD's in the red zone. 

any inputs or favorites that anyone would want to pick at 16 and 22. Or will this trade even happen. I am sure the Raiders would have to put more later round picks in the deal.
Based off the draft value chart, you'd also want to get the Rams #48 pick along with #16 and #22.  I would then try to trade the #16 and #48 up to the #8 leaving us with #8 and #22.

From the #8....I would try to get one of the following:  Jones, Lotulelei, Werner, Moore, Milliner, or Mingo.  One or more of these guys should be available.

From the #22...I would go for Rhodes, Eric Reid (S), Barrett Jones (can never have to many good linemen)., or trade further back for Poyer, Banks, or Minter (ILB).
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/16/2013 6:56 PM

RE: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


this is exactly the problem with al davis,dude spent like a drunken sailor at a bar,tommy kelly,richard seymore,stanford routt,michael huff,kamarion wimbley,henderson,boss,dhb,dmac,mcclain the list is freaking so long and over so many yrs,its a miracle reggie was able to get most of it under control in 1 yr !!!

whats killing us in the rebuild is the lost picks from the draft (2012 loss 1st,2nd,3rd 2013 loss 2nd and 5th) 4 high picks lost,thats enough to rebuild a team if you picked correctly !!!
nascarford0688 wrote:
golaclips wrote: I'm not an expert on NFL contracts or anything, but if a team trades for Kelly they take on the bloated salary right? And if they wait until we release him, which all indications say we will, they can sign him to any contract the market dictates? I'm not sure how much Kelly would get, but I'm pretty sure it's less than what we're paying. If that's the case, I see teams waiting us out and/or taking a DT prospect in the draft.

As for trades, I think it's kind of useless to project at this point. There's no clear #1 or 2 pick like Luck and RG3 last year, so until the combine and pro days we don't have a great sense of who's gonna be around at #3. The combine should provide some clarity, and then we can start to think who would like to trade up to #3. Because no team is gonna give up what we want in return unless they have a guy targeted at a position of need. And I'm sure we aren't the only team in the top 10 looking at trading down.
The players that are traded or retires from a team then that team is responsible for paying the remaining money that is from the signing bonus that is owed to them from the signing bonus money .

That the new team that takes on this player takes on the remaining contract of the player minus the signing money . That is up to them to negotiate the new signing bonus money with the player to come up with the guaranteed money for them .

So any players that we trade this season for picks then we will pay their remaining signing bonus money that goes directly then against the cap this season for us and the new team takes over their remaining contract for the player then .

That the issue for us is that some of these deals are so high that not a lot of teams that can fit them under their cap number this season . There just isn't that many teams out there for us for some of these players .

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/17/2013 7:46 AM

RE: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


Palmer trade set this team back worse than Jamarcus Russell....

If Palmer does not take this team to the playoffs next year and then they cut him, that is the worst trade in NFL history.

A 1st and a 3rd for 8 wins so far in two years lets see what Palmer does next year.

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
IGNORE LIST naplesbuckeye2002

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/17/2013 9:15 AM

RE: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


its a 1st (17) and a 2nd (top 3) i said when we picked jbust it would cost us 5 yrs to recover but palmers trade to us put us back another 3 yrs !!! 8 freakin yrs of ****** qbs,8 ****** yrs of losing !!! the most important position in football and we had two big arse losers as our qb's
Ibetonart wrote: Palmer trade set this team back worse than Jamarcus Russell....

If Palmer does not take this team to the playoffs next year and then they cut him, that is the worst trade in NFL history.

A 1st and a 3rd for 8 wins so far in two years lets see what Palmer does next year.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/17/2013 11:36 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 



mstrbass2000 wrote: this trade with st louis has no chance of happening, i have relatives that work for em,i like the jets or buffalo as trade partners,both are in serious need of help at qb/dt you trade down to #8 or #9 get a 2nd,3rd or 2nd next yr and 4th this yr or player,then from those 2 spots you trade down again and get another 2nd rd pick and 3rd,then grab best d/t or oline guy
WTF....does that have to do with anything? Janitors are now in the WarRooms (tonguetongue) ?

I can see the Rams deal happening. But for only 1 of their 1st rd picks and a later round pick.

As for Kelly, maybe (Buff, Lions (rotation with Suh and Fairley), Eagles, Dallas?

We need to somehow get a 2nd round pick some how, some way!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/17/2013 11:51 AM

Re: Best trade for the Raiders to make in the draft. 


I meant 2nd RD pick not sure why I put 3rd?

I hated that trade the day it happened.

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
IGNORE LIST naplesbuckeye2002

Reply | Quote