Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Post New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

Jets have released Tim Tebow

Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:03 AM

Jets have released Tim Tebow 


*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:09 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Good luck to him.  I feel the guy was jerked around too much this season.  Never really given an opportunity.  Though he came with so much drama that only Woody Johnson could have envisioned selling the back of newspapers and being the top stories of sports channel's across the country.
His signing at best was to promote competition to Mark but all it really created was an immense shadow of a distraction.
So i guess the much publicized "6 QB's" in the class room has dropped to 5.  Though IMHO, the true QB competition will lye strictly on Geno Smith & David Garrard.
Good luck Tim.

*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Last edited 4/29/2013 8:11 AM by nyjetsdan16

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:13 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


I agree, what was the point of signing him? Basically for Woody to get the back page. No other reason I see. Why didn't we release him earlier? We jerked this guy from day one. No wonder we get called a circus. ohlord
nyjetsdan16 wrote: Good luck to him.  I feel the guy was jerked around too much this season.  Never really given an opportunity.  Though he came with so much drama that only Woody Johnson could have envisioned selling the back of newspapers and being the top stories of sports channel's across the country.
His signing at best was to promote competition to Mark but all it really created was an immense shadow of a distraction.
So i guess the much publicized "6 QB's" in the class room has dropped to 5.  Though IMHO, the true QB competition will lye strictly on Geno Smith & David Garrard.
Good luck Tim.
  • hmcs934
  • Passenger
  • 95 posts this site

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:13 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


He is going to be a big star in Canada. Shades of Doug Flutie!
Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:29 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 



metjetgal wrote: I agree, what was the point of signing him? Basically for Woody to get the back page. No other reason I see. Why didn't we release him earlier? We jerked this guy from day one. No wonder we get called a circus. ohlord
nyjetsdan16 wrote: Good luck to him.  I feel the guy was jerked around too much this season.  Never really given an opportunity.  Though he came with so much drama that only Woody Johnson could have envisioned selling the back of newspapers and being the top stories of sports channel's across the country.
His signing at best was to promote competition to Mark but all it really created was an immense shadow of a distraction.
So i guess the much publicized "6 QB's" in the class room has dropped to 5.  Though IMHO, the true QB competition will lye strictly on Geno Smith & David Garrard.
Good luck Tim.
I'm just happy that Woody has relinquished all of his "ID's" to the hands of John Idzik.  A man with a long term plan that can continuously sell PSL due to the team winning and not because of a pompous circus.

*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:38 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


This had to happen and good luck Tim wherever you end up. Idzik is bringing a more professional approach to the Jets. Even Rex has toned it down a bit. The big top is hopefully leaving Florham Park..

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:45 AM

RE: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


I am more of a Tebow fan now than I ever was. I feel bad for the guy, The Jets just wasted a year and a half of his career...Good luck to ya Tim!

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:45 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Great kid, extremely hard worker, good football player.  Just needs a lot of work to become an NFL caliber QB.  It wouldn't surprise if he comes back into the league after a few years in Canada and becomes a winner somewhere.  He just has the type of never quit mentality.  

The Jets completely jerked him around.  It was wrong and he did not nothing to deserve it.  
I think every Jet fan agrees whether you like Tebow or not, he was treated very badly.  
I wish him luck and hope he finds the right fit.

Posted: 4/29/2013 8:52 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


He'll be a Patriot in no time

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:01 AM

RE: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Tebow was jerked around? I guess I missed that. Yes, he was in a dysfunctional system but so were the other people on offense. He had a chance and he failed miserably, undoubtedly some of the blame is on the system he was in, but he failed miserably and was cut. He was paid a huge sum of money so while I appreciate his efforts and don't hate the guy, he's hardly a victim
ROLL TIDE!
Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:04 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Correction of a mistake. What more needs to be said?

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:10 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


One down and one more to go!!!!  I do feel bad for him, he did what the Jets asked him to do and didn't complain.  It's not his fault Sanchez couldn't handle him coming to the team so I don't blame him for Sanchez.  He did help me to realize that Sanchez isn't our QB by the way Sanchez reacted to him coming here.  Sanchez just isn't a leader and can't handle pressure.  Now it's time to cut Sanchez and were on our way to a better future.  I wish Tebow well and hope he plays well for a team, just not ours!!!

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:11 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Adios you stiff!






Posted: 4/29/2013 9:12 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Hated the move from day one...Felt embarrassed for Tebow by the end of it...Collossul failure by the Jets front office regarding personel moves after two straight AFC title games he was the cherry on top of Woody crap cake..Good luck to Tebow, someone will use him correctly..
Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:12 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Good luck Tim. Things did not work out here. Hopefully they will where ever you land.


Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:15 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


I'm sorry it didn't work out. He is an offensive weapon. I don't know why they couldn't find a way to use him more effectively.

You just know this will come back and bite us in the ass. He will go to NE and make us pay twice a year for the next 6 years. Great!
Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:17 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 



JETBLITZ1771 wrote: Hated the move from day one...Felt embarrassed for Tebow by the end of it...Collossul failure by the Jets front office regarding personel moves after two straight AFC title games he was the cherry on top of Woody crap cake..Good luck to Tebow, someone will use him correctly..
That basically sums up my perspective. thumbup.gif
_______________________________________________________________________

"The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed."
-Casey Stengel

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:19 AM

RE: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


Tebow was never the CIRCUS the MEDIA was and always will be.....

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:35 AM

Re: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


It's finally done.  Never a fan of his but he seemed like a good kid that many of his fans and detractors used for their own agenda.  We're moving on and maybe the media will do the same.
Avatar

Posted: 4/29/2013 9:39 AM

RE: Jets have released Tim Tebow 


ahhhh what a circus!
Post New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >