Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Kenjon Barner in round 4?

Posted: 2/15/2013 9:59 AM

Kenjon Barner in round 4? 


This guy might be the most explosive/dangerous player in the draft.  He can be used on special teams, out of the backfield, and as a pass catcher in 3rd downs.  He's one of those guys that never seems to absorb the big hit.  I know we have McKnight but Barner seems like an upgrade to me and could add a missing dimension to our offense.

Personally, I am kind of shocked he is projected this low.  Then again, so was Leon Washington and Brad Smith and that worked out pretty well for us.

I am almost at the point where I would be disappointed if we didn't come out of this draft with either Barner or Tavon Austin, given our dire need for speed and playmakers on offense.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 10:23 AM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 


I prefer Franklin
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/15/2013 10:28 AM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin
I also like Franklin over Barner although at the beggining of the season it was the other way around.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 10:43 AM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



phillip515 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin
I also like Franklin over Barner although at the beggining of the season it was the other way around.

You threw that last part in just to disagree with in...even if indirectly.  Barner, Ellington, and Gilisle are all about the same to me.  Taylor, Franklin, Ball, Lacy, and Bernard are all a step above and guys I'd like in the first 3 rds...Franklin is a guy who could fall to rd 3...along with Bell...that I'd take over barner.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 11:28 AM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin



you jumping on my franklin bandwagon??? wink
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/15/2013 11:32 AM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



Jetman55 wrote:
phillip515 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin
I also like Franklin over Barner although at the beggining of the season it was the other way around.

You threw that last part in just to disagree with in...even if indirectly.  Barner, Ellington, and Gilisle are all about the same to me.  Taylor, Franklin, Ball, Lacy, and Bernard are all a step above and guys I'd like in the first 3 rds...Franklin is a guy who could fall to rd 3...along with Bell...that I'd take over barner.
As much as I like to debate I wasn't disagreeing w/you at all. You're right about Barner,Ellington & Gillislee.Taylor is still tops on my list even after I heard about Bernard coming out who I think is very good. Here's my revised list
1. Taylor
2. Bernard
3. Lacy
4. Franklin
Also a 7th rd sleeper in Marshall!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 11:37 AM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin



you jumping on my franklin bandwagon??? wink

I'll admit it, yes.  It was one of his Pac-10 games we were watching at the same time and you definitely posted something about it.  I think he had 154 that game...maybe against Stanford, right?  Stanford won but Franklin out played Taylor, IMO.  Pretty sure it was that game because I remember wanting to watch both backs.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 12:02 PM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



Jetman55 wrote:
hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin



you jumping on my franklin bandwagon??? wink

I'll admit it, yes.  It was one of his Pac-10 games we were watching at the same time and you definitely posted something about it.  I think he had 154 that game...maybe against Stanford, right?  Stanford won but Franklin out played Taylor, IMO.  Pretty sure it was that game because I remember wanting to watch both backs.


actually i think it was the arizona game in early nov when i first started noticing franklin.  then the usc game.  and then the stanford game in the pac12 title game.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 12:06 PM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote:
hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin



you jumping on my franklin bandwagon??? wink

I'll admit it, yes.  It was one of his Pac-10 games we were watching at the same time and you definitely posted something about it.  I think he had 154 that game...maybe against Stanford, right?  Stanford won but Franklin out played Taylor, IMO.  Pretty sure it was that game because I remember wanting to watch both backs.


actually i think it was the arizona game in early nov when i first started noticing franklin.  then the usc game.  and then the stanford game in the pac12 title game.
The game I remember best was the Stanford game but I watched the USC game also.  Doubt I watched him against Arizona.  Did you watch any USC games?  Barkley frustrated me so much and Woods was so inconsistent but had some monster games.  Wasn't sure what you thought of those two.  McDonald was also up and down.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 12:09 PM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



Jetman55 wrote:
hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote:
hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin



you jumping on my franklin bandwagon??? wink

I'll admit it, yes.  It was one of his Pac-10 games we were watching at the same time and you definitely posted something about it.  I think he had 154 that game...maybe against Stanford, right?  Stanford won but Franklin out played Taylor, IMO.  Pretty sure it was that game because I remember wanting to watch both backs.


actually i think it was the arizona game in early nov when i first started noticing franklin.  then the usc game.  and then the stanford game in the pac12 title game.
The game I remember best was the Stanford game but I watched the USC game also.  Doubt I watched him against Arizona.  Did you watch any USC games?  Barkley frustrated me so much and Woods was so inconsistent but had some monster games.  Wasn't sure what you thought of those two.  McDonald was also up and down.



i probably watched the arizona game because i wanted to check out how rich rod was doing and see his team.  ucla thumped them that game.

i saw a little usc.  barkley disappointed, especially considering the talent around him.  woods is gonna be a good one, but he's not eligible this year.  can't say i recall much of mcdonald.


btw - on the topic, i also like barner, but as some have said, more in the 4th round range.  of course, i'm thinking his former coach now in philly may also have some interest
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 12:30 PM

Re: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 



hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote:
hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote:
hobson54 wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I prefer Franklin



you jumping on my franklin bandwagon??? wink

I'll admit it, yes.  It was one of his Pac-10 games we were watching at the same time and you definitely posted something about it.  I think he had 154 that game...maybe against Stanford, right?  Stanford won but Franklin out played Taylor, IMO.  Pretty sure it was that game because I remember wanting to watch both backs.


actually i think it was the arizona game in early nov when i first started noticing franklin.  then the usc game.  and then the stanford game in the pac12 title game.
The game I remember best was the Stanford game but I watched the USC game also.  Doubt I watched him against Arizona.  Did you watch any USC games?  Barkley frustrated me so much and Woods was so inconsistent but had some monster games.  Wasn't sure what you thought of those two.  McDonald was also up and down.



i probably watched the arizona game because i wanted to check out how rich rod was doing and see his team.  ucla thumped them that game.

i saw a little usc.  barkley disappointed, especially considering the talent around him.  woods is gonna be a good one, but he's not eligible this year.  can't say i recall much of mcdonald.


btw - on the topic, i also like barner, but as some have said, more in the 4th round range.  of course, i'm thinking his former coach now in philly may also have some interest

I am hoping they reach for Barner rd 2 or 3; however, his coach also has a very good perspective of Franklin and Taylor.flushed
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2013 2:41 PM

RE: Kenjon Barner in round 4? 


I agree, this feels like a reach year for offense, it's hard when you didn't just win the Superbowl. Feels like you need everything and I'm sure the Ravens feel like they could skip the off season.

I watched highlights of Barner, yes I do like what I see, I think pass catching will be a big factor for our RB and something we've been missing since LT left.

Thanks for these posts as I rely on you guys, b/c I don't watch college ball biggrin

Last edited 2/15/2013 2:43 PM by OleDrewBudd

Reply | Quote