Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Tom Brady. . .

Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:27 PM

Tom Brady. . . 


Andrew Luck to take Tom Brady's Place in the Probowl
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/an drew-luck-takes-tom-bradys-place-in-the-pro-bowl/

He has an undisclosed injury. Man I love when they lose. Can you believe he's bailing? I know the Pro Bowl basically sucks, but TB always has a different set of rules. Doesn't congratulate anyone last night, just runs into the locker room.  Big baby!

Last edited 1/21/2013 8:28 PM by Drmtesta

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:55 PM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 


That's not fair, we don't know the extent or nature of his injury. Who knows, maybe he has a serious yeast infection or maybe even a ruptured ovary?
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:56 PM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 


Was he in on the Pats' injury report?

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:59 PM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 



SackExchange wrote: Was he in on the Pats' injury report?
They have no cure for wuss.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 9:10 PM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 


You can't put this on Tom Brady. Scores of players opt out of the pro bowl after a grueling season. Many guys just need to decompress and recover from injuries. The NFL will be dropping this game soon enough.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 9:26 PM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 



parcells123 wrote: You can't put this on Tom Brady. Scores of players opt out of the pro bowl after a grueling season. Many guys just need to decompress and recover from injuries. The NFL will be dropping this game soon enough.
Oh, it's meaningless, and guys bag on it all the time.

But when there's a window of opportunity to bash that kicker, Brady, I choose to do so.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 10:49 PM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 



SackExchange wrote:
parcells123 wrote: You can't put this on Tom Brady. Scores of players opt out of the pro bowl after a grueling season. Many guys just need to decompress and recover from injuries. The NFL will be dropping this game soon enough.
Oh, it's meaningless, and guys bag on it all the time.

But when there's a window of opportunity to bash that kicker, Brady, I choose to do so.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 10:54 PM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 



football51 wrote:
SackExchange wrote:
parcells123 wrote: You can't put this on Tom Brady. Scores of players opt out of the pro bowl after a grueling season. Many guys just need to decompress and recover from injuries. The NFL will be dropping this game soon enough.
Oh, it's meaningless, and guys bag on it all the time.

But when there's a window of opportunity to bash that kicker, Brady, I choose to do so.

This better get Brady fined... Or the NFL is full of sh** about protecting the players from injury
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 11:05 PM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 


I didn't get to watch the game or see that clip until now. How is that any different than what Suh did? He should definately get fined.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 11:33 PM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 


The difference is Suh chose to do it while playing for a non-NE Patriots team.
_______________________________________________________________________

"The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed."
-Casey Stengel
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 11:37 PM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 


The Pro-bowl should be an award and not a game.  It's a waste of time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 12:27 AM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 


What they should is give out 'Pro Bowl' awards for players and then continue with the game but limit it so you have to be a 1st or 2nd year player in the league to play.

Kinda like how the NBA does their rookie/2nd year player game.


Younger players would probably be hyped about taking their families to Hawaii and would love to play in that sort of game, and the NFL gets to highlight their young talent. 

It would be a reward to the younger guys rather than an obligation that it is currently to the vets.






Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/22/2013 6:50 AM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 




---------------------------------------------
--- parcells123 wrote:

You can't put this on Tom Brady. Scores of players opt out of the pro bowl after a grueling season. Many guys just need to decompress and recover from injuries. The NFL will be dropping this game soon enough.

---------------------------------------------

True enough but there is absolutely a double standard for this guy.
So how do you like the media beating up on BB for not doing the CBS interview after the game? Nice to see some heat going their way for once.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 9:46 AM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 


the proper punishment for Brady's kick at an opponents knee or groin would be a three game suspension of the slide rule - he loses the benefit of the QB slide and is treated for all purposes as a running back. Misuse the protection, you lose it. Fuggedabout just a fine.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 11:02 AM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 



maxmet wrote: the proper punishment for Brady's kick at an opponents knee or groin would be a three game suspension of the slide rule - he loses the benefit of the QB slide and is treated for all purposes as a running back. Misuse the protection, you lose it. Fuggedabout just a fine.
Wow...I like that.

When does the schedule for next season come out? cool

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 11:08 AM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 


http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/...wed-nfl-sources

NFL reviewing Tom Brady's slide

By Ed Werder
ESPN

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is being reviewed by NFL officials for possible discipline for the play in the AFC Championship Game in which he slid and made a kicking motion at Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed, league sources said.


During the final minute of the first half, Brady slid to the ground to end an impromptu run. The quarterback had one leg raised a few feet off the ground and it hit Reed, who emerged from the play without injury.

Ravens safety Bernard Pollard has publicly complained and asserted the quarterback deserves to be fined by the NFL, which levies fines on defensive players for helmet-to-helmet hits.


Pollard said Monday, "If you want to keep this going in the right direction, everyone should be penalized for their actions."


He said Brady "knew what he was doing. It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it. If they don't, that's fine. If they do, then that's fine."

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 11:13 AM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 


The NFL will fine Brady for his Karate kick slide.

I really noticed that Brady is getting old in the Raven game. The Patriots ride might be coming to an end.cheers.gif

Go Jets...Cyborg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 11:26 AM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 


mademyday.gif
Sarge4tide wrote: That's not fair, we don't know the extent or nature of his injury. Who knows, maybe he has a serious yeast infection or maybe even a ruptured ovary?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 11:32 AM

Re: Tom Brady. . . 



broadwayjoe2 wrote: What they should is give out 'Pro Bowl' awards for players and then continue with the game but limit it so you have to be a 1st or 2nd year player in the league to play.

Kinda like how the NBA does their rookie/2nd year player game.


Younger players would probably be hyped about taking their families to Hawaii and would love to play in that sort of game, and the NFL gets to highlight their young talent. 

It would be a reward to the younger guys rather than an obligation that it is currently to the vets.
I like that idea.

Later
"You spend a good part of your life gripping the baseball, and in the end it turns out it was the other way around all the time." Jim Bouton
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/22/2013 3:37 PM

RE: Tom Brady. . . 


If i'm the Jets, next year at camp in a public practice we have cornerbacks and safeties work on a drill where they come off the edge and then slide cleats up over a baseball base that has 12 written on it.

Rex "yeah, we know we cant hit the QB high or hit him late, but we were watching video of some game last season and got the idea of sliding cleats first at a player. It was one of those teams that has a lot of creative ideas and we thought we would give it a try in practice"
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >