Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 41  Next >

Jets hire John Idzik as GM (Intro Presser - 1/24 @11am)

Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:10 PM

Jets hire John Idzik as GM (Intro Presser - 1/24 @11am) 




ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!

The Jets have hired John Idzik, formerly of the Seahawks, as their new GM. Done deal. Negotiations are complete.

Expand

*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Last edited 1/24/2013 10:57 AM by hobson54

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:12 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik 


Woooooo Hoooooooo ..............how long do we have to wait before the bashing commences????tongue
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:13 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik 



trico990 wrote: Woooooo Hoooooooo ..............how long do we have to wait before the bashing commences????tongue
he's just another Bean Counterrolleyes

*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:13 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 


It's about friggin' time. I'm one happy camper!   biggrin

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:13 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik 



trico990 wrote: Woooooo Hoooooooo ..............how long do we have to wait before the bashing commences????tongue

+1000
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:14 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik 


biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

Worth the wait, IMO.

I love the hire and...

We get to spend all of next week reading about Senior Bowl Practice.

coolcoolcool

I love the NFL.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:15 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik 


I like the fact that he has experience across the board. The Jets did a great job researching and hiring a good fit for the organization.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:15 PM

RE: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 


That worked out well!
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:16 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 


Maybe Korn/ Ferry can find a qb for us too if they're not too busy tongue.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:16 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 



football51 wrote: Maybe Korn/ Ferry can find a qb for us too if they're not too busy tongue.

Hey, why not?  tongue
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:16 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 


let the rumors of Sanchez for matt flynn begin...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:17 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 



nyjetsdan16 wrote:



ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!

The Jets have hired John Idzik, formerly of the Seahawks, as their new GM. Done deal. Negotiations are complete.

Expand



la canfora is a better source than brian bassett, so hopefully this is true.  if so, i'm happy.  while gamble was my first preference (based on admittedly little info on him), idzik has since become my top choice. 

i like his background, which while more on the business/admin side, also has some experience in scouting and personnel, as well as being a former player and coach and coming from a football family.  i also like how he's been part of 3 organizations not normally known for their success (bucs, cardinals, and seahawks) and been part of the front office that built all 3 into solid teams.

Last edited 1/18/2013 4:18 PM by hobson54

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:17 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 


I can't tell ya'll how excited i'am about this hiring.  Just feels right, dawgs.  The guy has seen what it takes to take low echelon franchise and make them respectable-

TAMPA BAY
ARIZONA
SEATTLE
................................AND NOW HOPEFULLY THE NY JETS!praying.gif

*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:17 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik 



JetScreamer wrote: I like the fact that he has experience across the board. The Jets did a great job researching and hiring a good fit for the organization.
Easy there Screamer it's not a good move until ALL the Tebow fans that invaded our board tell us how bad it is!!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:19 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 



hobson54 wrote:
nyjetsdan16 wrote:



ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!

The Jets have hired John Idzik, formerly of the Seahawks, as their new GM. Done deal. Negotiations are complete.

Expand



la canfora is a better source than brian bassett, so hopefully this is true.  if so, i'm happy.  while gamble was my first preference (based on admittedly little info on him), idzik has since become my top choice. 

i like his background, which while more on the business/admin side, also has some experience in scouting, as wel as being a former player and coach and coming from a football family.  i also like how he's been part of 3 organizations not normally known for their success (bucs, cardinals, and seahawks) and been part of the team that built all 3 into solid teams.
That to me makes him a better fit than Tanny.  Hopefully Idzik takes us to the next level.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:20 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 



Jetman55 wrote: let the rumors of Sanchez for matt flynn begin...

There's rumors of the Jags wanting him too with Bradley as coach. Flynn's name was brought up today at Bradley's presser.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 4:23 PM

Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 



http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter


  1. Jets and John Idzik still working through "details" according to source but two sides finalizing deal. Idzik will be Jets GM, as expected.

    • Jets plan to hire Seattle Seahawks executive John Idzik as their general manager.



    Reply | Quote
    Avatar

    Posted: 1/18/2013 4:23 PM

    RE: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 


    The more I've read about Idzik, the more I'm on board with this move. He seems very well-balanced, not only as a former math major from Dartmouth (that's legit right from the get-go), but a college athlete who has gotten experience in scouting personnel. Maybe I'm overly hungry for some good Jets news, but this feels like a great first step.

    Jets & Hawkeyes. I must enjoy torturing myself. >.<
    Reply | Quote
    Avatar

    Posted: 1/18/2013 4:24 PM

    RE: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 


    This is the happiest I've felt about the Jets since we crushed the Bills in the 2012 opener.
    Reply | Quote

    Posted: 1/18/2013 4:24 PM

    Re: Jets hire John Idzik as their new GM 



    football51 wrote:
    Jetman55 wrote: let the rumors of Sanchez for matt flynn begin...

    There's rumors of the Jags wanting him too with Bradley as coach. Flynn's name was brought up today at Bradley's presser.

    Bradley and Idzik know what they have in Flynn from seeing him in practice (Bradley sees him every day).  It will b einteresting to see how that plays out.  i don't know how much I want Flynn.  Wouldn't give up much other than Sanchez and a low pick.
    Reply | Quote
    Reply to TopicPost New Topic
      Page of 41  Next >