Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 24  Next >

Mike Tannenbaum Fired (12/31 update - merged threads)

Posted: 12/24/2012 11:30 AM

Mike Tannenbaum Fired (12/31 update - merged threads) 


https://twitter.com/CBSJets/status/283030164110200 834

I'm sort of surprised that this hasn't spread yet...

"We want guys who will play like a Jet"  John Idzik, GM of the New York Jets

Locally responsive, Globally engaged.

Last edited 12/31/2012 10:43 AM by hobson54

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 11:34 AM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 



ArmandJ wrote: https://twitter.com/CBSJets/status/283030164110200 834

I'm sort of surprised that this hasn't spread yet...

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 11:36 AM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 



NickSINYC wrote:
ArmandJ wrote: https://twitter.com/CBSJets/status/283030164110200 834

I'm sort of surprised that this hasn't spread yet...

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Try this link (no space in the URL).

Hearing from sources tonight that Woody Johnson's search for a new GM may have already begun.... # Jets # NYJ

_______________________________________________________________________

"The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed."
-Casey Stengel

Last edited 12/24/2012 11:36 AM by vinluvr

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 11:38 AM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 



vinluvr wrote: Try this link (no space in the URL).

Hearing from sources tonight that Woody Johnson's search for a new GM may have already begun.... # Jets # NYJ

thanks


Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 12:25 PM

RE: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


Well. Someone needs to be fired....

I'd probably fire Tannenbaum and the entire offensive coaching staff
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 12:47 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/b...baum-in-cap-job

Woody's searching for a GM, but is willing to keep him in a "cap" role, and that makes sense.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 1:13 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 



aijmuah wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/b...baum-in-cap-job

Woody's searching for a GM, but is willing to keep him in a "cap" role, and that makes sense.

According to the article, maybe not so much...

"Several potential GM candidates -- men expected to garner interviews for soon-to-be-open general manager jobs -- said they would never consider taking the Jets job under these circumstances and doubted that any strong candidate would.

"That's totally ridiculous," one exec said. "Only the Jets."

In the end, Johnson might have to bite the bullet and part with Tannenbaum in order to land a someone highly qualified for the position."
_______________________________________________________________________

"The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed."
-Casey Stengel
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 1:14 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


Sanchez and Holmes contracts are big mistakes. I like most of his drafts and his FA's have performed for the most part. Not having a capable backup the last two years have been one of his biggest failings.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 1:17 PM

RE: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


This is another one of those articles with no sources that puts some crazy spin on the issues and then uses the unconfirmed, crazy speculation to make fun of the Jets. hack journalism 1/2 step above the National Enquirerer
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 1:42 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


vinluvr wrote:
aijmuah wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/b...baum-in-cap-job

Woody's searching for a GM, but is willing to keep him in a "cap" role, and that makes sense.

According to the article, maybe not so much...

"Several potential GM candidates -- men expected to garner interviews for soon-to-be-open general manager jobs -- said they would never consider taking the Jets job under these circumstances and doubted that any strong candidate would.

"That's totally ridiculous," one exec said. "Only the Jets."

In the end, Johnson might have to bite the bullet and part with Tannenbaum in order to land a someone highly qualified for the position."
Scratch what I said. No GM will agree to interview for the job knowing Woody won't let him go. What was I thinking.redface

Last edited 12/24/2012 1:55 PM by aijmuah

Reply | Quote
  • Jay02
  • In Terminal
  • 33 posts this site

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:04 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


rex ryan needs to go as well
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:06 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 



aijmuah wrote:Scratch what I said. No GM will agree to interview for the job knowing Woody won't let him go. What was I thinking.redface
LOL, good point!
_______________________________________________________________________

"The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed."
-Casey Stengel
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:07 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


it's certainly a possibility, especially if Woody is looking for a new GM

-------------------------------------------
Jay02 wrote:

rex ryan needs to go as well

------------------------------------------
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote
  • USAFJetfan
  • Air Traffic Control
  • 298 posts this site

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:08 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


I think if you want to get a legitimate GM you have to cut all ties with MT and be willing to part ways with the all of the current coaching staff. Otherwise, your only going to get a up and comer which isnt bad, but unproven, meaning its hit or miss. I think thats why Woody has to man up and get rid of the entire front office and be willing to get rid of Rex and his staff. This way you keep all the options on the table as far as GM goes. It starts at the top IMO. Just my 2 cents.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:21 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


He needs to get fired or demoted atleast. Rex, sparano and the qb coach needs to. If the new GM decide to keep rex, then give him one year max. If he can't make something happen then he should go to.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:26 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


Sparano and Cavanaugh are gone....there's no way either one of them is coming back. I actually predict Sparano, Cavanaugh, and Tebow will be handed bus tickets to their destination of choice on the field in Buffalo as soon at the clock hits 0:00
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote
  • Jay02
  • In Terminal
  • 33 posts this site

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:27 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


if new gm comes in. im sure he wants his own guy
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 5:03 PM

Re: Tannenbaum might actually be fired! 


Tanny should go but I'm skeptical he will
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/24/2012 5:20 PM

RE: Report: Woody May Already Be Looking for a New GM 


I never understood the logic of demoting people. If you have to demote someone, you might as well just cut the cord completely.

"We want guys who will play like a Jet"  John Idzik, GM of the New York Jets

Locally responsive, Globally engaged.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 5:32 PM

RE: Report: Woody May Already Be Looking for a New GM 


I'm having second thoughts about Tanny-his contracts the last two years have been awful. Everything is front-loaded then the players want a new contract because they are making a lower annual salary. I wish I had that problem.  mad

Chances are the new GM may not want Tanny and that is something Woody has to consider.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 24  Next >