Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Stephen Hill - good news

Posted: 12/10/2012 6:46 PM

Stephen Hill - good news 


Not sure a new topic is required, but I saw on ESPN web that it is a sprain and will not require surgery.  Great news!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/10/2012 6:47 PM

Re: Stephen Hill - good news 



jgrote wrote: Not sure a new topic is required, but I saw on ESPN web that it is a sprain and will not require surgery.  Great news!
Very good news, indeed! I like how he projects long-term.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/10/2012 7:08 PM

Re: Stephen Hill - good news 




---------------------------------------------
--- SackExchange wrote:


jgrote wrote: Not sure a new topic is required, but I saw on ESPN web that it is a sprain and will not require surgery.  Great news!
Very good news, indeed! I like how he projects long-term.

---------------------------------------------

+1

I expect Coples and Hill to have big years next year and Davis continue to grow. I really like last years draft and Wilkerson and Kerley look like good picks from the year before. Powell isn't bad either.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/10/2012 7:30 PM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 


Does anyone know how long he is going to be out?

"We want guys who will play like a Jet"  John Idzik, GM of the New York Jets

Locally responsive, Globally engaged.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/10/2012 7:33 PM

Re: Stephen Hill - good news 



Jetman55 wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- SackExchange wrote:


jgrote wrote: Not sure a new topic is required, but I saw on ESPN web that it is a sprain and will not require surgery.  Great news!
Very good news, indeed! I like how he projects long-term.

---------------------------------------------

+1

I expect Coples and Hill to have big years next year and Davis continue to grow. I really like last years draft and Wilkerson and Kerley look like good picks from the year before. Powell isn't bad either.
You forgot McElroy - not bad drafting for a miserable GM :)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/10/2012 7:58 PM

Re: Stephen Hill - good news 


Excellent News, but i doubt the kid plays this week.  Thats why IMHO, it's imperative for the Jets to sign Braylon Edwards.  Give Mark a consistent target he's used to playing with.

*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/10/2012 10:05 PM

Re: Stephen Hill - good news 


LCL sprain. So glad is not the ACL. He's probably going to be out this week, but thankfully no surgery.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 9:26 AM

Re: Stephen Hill - good news 


LCL like RGIII

is that the "injury of the week" or what?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 9:52 AM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 


call me crazy, but just what exactly has he done to make people giddy? Hands of stone and can't get open.........what am I missing?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 10:13 AM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



Seaver wrote: call me crazy, but just what exactly has he done to make people giddy? Hands of stone and can't get open.........what am I missing?


he hasn't done much.  he is raw and needs lot of work and development.  the "good news" is that it looks like he didn't tear an acl, which would require surgery and a long rehab process, thereby slowing his development.  it could have caused him to miss the end of this year (that still may be the case) and all the off-season workouts and minicamps.  and unless he heals like AP, perhaps a big chunk of next year.

so if it's only a minor injury, then he won't miss as much time and can benefit from the off-season programs and not miss next year's camp and/or season.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 10:25 AM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



Seaver wrote: call me crazy, but just what exactly has he done to make people giddy? Hands of stone and can't get open.........what am I missing?
He hasn't got open or hasn't got the ball enough?  He has dropped his fair share of balls, but so did TO, Brandon Marshall, Javon Walker, and Damarious Thomas their rookie years.  He has got open, amazing speed, and size.  Still think he has a huge upside.

http://sports-kings.com/downanddistance/wp-co ntent/uploads/2012/11/Stephen-Hill-Jumping-Jacks.j pg

Last edited 12/11/2012 10:26 AM by Jetman55

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 10:46 AM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 


He's caught 21 passes for a 12 yard average and 3 TDs. Combined with his obvious athleticism, that's at least enough to warrant some optimism
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 10:55 AM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



Seaver wrote: call me crazy, but just what exactly has he done to make people giddy? Hands of stone and can't get open.........what am I missing?

Hands of stone is a major problem, but I can't evaluate him until he has a real qb, not the worst one in the league basically.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 10:59 AM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 


How can this fan base clamor for the return of Braylon Edwards, and bash Stephen Hill for poor hands? noidea

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 12:31 PM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



metjetgal wrote:
Seaver wrote: call me crazy, but just what exactly has he done to make people giddy? Hands of stone and can't get open.........what am I missing?

Hands of stone is a major problem, but I can't evaluate him until he has a real qb, not the worst one in the league basically.
I think there is a big difference between 'hands of stone' and lapses in concentration.  I believe that Hill's problem has been the latter, in that at times he focuses on making the run after the catch before making the catch.  The hands are ok, as evidenced by some very difficult catches so far IMHO.  I think as he matures, the concentration will come around.  I'm enthusiastic about his potential.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 1:00 PM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



jgrote wrote:
metjetgal wrote:
Seaver wrote: call me crazy, but just what exactly has he done to make people giddy? Hands of stone and can't get open.........what am I missing?

Hands of stone is a major problem, but I can't evaluate him until he has a real qb, not the worst one in the league basically.
I think there is a big difference between 'hands of stone' and lapses in concentration.  I believe that Hill's problem has been the latter, in that at times he focuses on making the run after the catch before making the catch.  The hands are ok, as evidenced by some very difficult catches so far IMHO.  I think as he matures, the concentration will come around.  I'm enthusiastic about his potential.
+1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 1:34 PM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



SackExchange wrote: How can this fan base clamor for the return of Braylon Edwards, and bash Stephen Hill for poor hands? noidea
hahaha Good 1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 2:50 PM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



jgrote wrote:
metjetgal wrote:
Seaver wrote: call me crazy, but just what exactly has he done to make people giddy? Hands of stone and can't get open.........what am I missing?

Hands of stone is a major problem, but I can't evaluate him until he has a real qb, not the worst one in the league basically.
I think there is a big difference between 'hands of stone' and lapses in concentration.  I believe that Hill's problem has been the latter, in that at times he focuses on making the run after the catch before making the catch.  The hands are ok, as evidenced by some very difficult catches so far IMHO.  I think as he matures, the concentration will come around.  I'm enthusiastic about his potential.
If you go back to last April's draft board, I said that Hill is exciting as it comes, if he can catch the ball. He dropped a ton of easy passes @ Georgia Tech. That's why he slipped to the 2nd round.

Go Jets...Cyborg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 3:59 PM

Re: Stephen Hill - good news 


It really helps if a WR has a QB that can actually put a ball into his catch radius.
Dropped passes aren't always the fault of the receiver, in fact more than half of them are on the QB, in most cases.
Even when a receiver actually touches the ball it's not a drop if he was in full pattern and the QB just led him by too much.

Perhaps it's easier for a Packers fan to see such things.
Week after week we've become accustomed to passes being delivered perfectly, so when the QB is off it's GLARINGLY obvious, even though receivers are still touching passes.
They're just touching them in places where they have no chance at all of hauling them in.

I am biased in Hill's favor but I can still make an objective case for his missing passes because they were not delivered within his catch radius in about half of the instances where some people might say he SHOULD have caught that one.
Last week he went 5/8, but two of the three of those missed targets were really bad passes that nobody else would have gotten to either.
Only on one should he be cross-hatched with a "missed opportunity".
HYATT™

Last edited 12/11/2012 4:07 PM by HYATT

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/12/2012 12:09 AM

RE: Stephen Hill - good news 



SackExchange wrote: How can this fan base clamor for the return of Braylon Edwards, and bash Stephen Hill for poor hands? noidea
Sack, I am not sure what the numbers are, but I don't recall Edwards dropping too many balls in 2010.  I think it was much fewer than you would think.  His reputation for having poor hands was overblown.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >