Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >

# 14, McElroy

Posted: 12/2/2012 4:22 PM

# 14, McElroy 


I just became this kid's biggest supporter. Just as I championed Vinny, Chad, and Mark before him, the only smart thing to do is get behind this kid now & hope he grows into it.

a.) he is extremely bright
b.) physically tough
c.) accurate
d.) carries himself as a professional.
e.) verbal

Sanchez is done, and I wanted him to fight his way through, but he's done...even his supporters need to tell you that. I hope he finds himself on a team that can develop qbs...I still think he can play, but that's an old story.

The new one is #14, McElroy.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 4:29 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 


The fanbase is no longer believes in Sanchez and the Jets need to act on that. I don't think 8.5 miil is impossible to move because I don't think Sanchez is done but I think he'sdone in NY.

After watching the Cardinals QB'S play I have no doubt someon will give the young Sanchez another shot outside the pressures of NY...and the Jets.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 4:37 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 


Told ya' so.
Check the other threads.
Later
"You spend a good part of your life gripping the baseball, and in the end it turns out it was the other way around all the time." Jim Bouton
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 5:07 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 



skopko wrote: I just became this kid's biggest supporter. Just as I championed Vinny, Chad, and Mark before him, the only smart thing to do is get behind this kid now & hope he grows into it.

a.) he is extremely bright
b.) physically tough
c.) accurate
d.) carries himself as a professional.
e.) verbal

Sanchez is done, and I wanted him to fight his way through, but he's done...even his supporters need to tell you that. I hope he finds himself on a team that can develop qbs...I still think he can play, but that's an old story.

The new one is #14, McElroy.
Absolutely agree shop. This kid is also mature beyond his years. His daddy did a great job down here!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 5:22 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 


Call me a conspiracy theorist noidea, but I think it's awful convenient that Tebow is inactive for the first time and that is the game where they pull Sanchez.

I believe that the coaches didn't want Tebow, and that is why he plays so little.

Tebow has had the broken ribs for weeks, and they make him inactive now? He was active 11 days ago vs the Pats, and NOW his ribs are too bad to play?
I think that the coaches know Tebow is not a starting QB and went waaaay out of their way to make sure he didn't get a shot to replace Sanches.

Then again, I could be crazy ... eek1
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 5:28 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 


Greg is not the next Joe Namath, but he might be the next Bart Starr. Give him the rest of this season to get some NFL real-time experience and put some support players around him in the off-season. I think he can put this team on his shoulders and LEAD, which is a quality that has been sorely missing.

The defense is good but needs more depth (everybody does) and the OL and power back could help the offense.
They said Bear Bryant walked on water...Nick Saban swims through land.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 5:32 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 



VincentL wrote: Call me a conspiracy theorist noidea, but I think it's awful convenient that Tebow is inactive for the first time and that is the game where they pull Sanchez.

I believe that the coaches didn't want Tebow, and that is why he plays so little.

Tebow has had the broken ribs for weeks, and they make him inactive now? He was active 11 days ago vs the Pats, and NOW his ribs are too bad to play?
I think that the coaches know Tebow is not a starting QB and went waaaay out of their way to make sure he didn't get a shot to replace Sanches.

Then again, I could be crazy ... eek1
Well, if that were the case, why was he active for the last couple games?
_______________________________________________________________________

"The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed."
-Casey Stengel
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 5:40 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 



vinluvr wrote:
Well, if that were the case, why was he active for the last couple games?

Only thing I can think of is that sometimes it takes a while to get the nerve to stage a coup. Woody obviously has wood forTebow. How else can you justify passing over your #2 QB?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 5:58 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 


I see this completely as a Glenn Foley/Jason Garrett situation. The kid has spunk and energy and plays with heart...but he lacks an NFL caliber arm and you can only get so far in the NFL with grit. Let's see what he does this year and you know they'll be another QB in some way shape or form next year (draft, trade, free agency).

The first step of getting past denial is admitting you have a problem. This was definitely a step in the right direction for the franchise.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:46 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 



NewMFS62 wrote: Told ya' so.
Check the other threads.
Later
Sure dude, Im gonna spend the rest of my night checking those other threads
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:53 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 



Jetman55 wrote: I see this completely as a Glenn Foley/Jason Garrett situation. The kid has spunk and energy and plays with heart...but he lacks an NFL caliber arm and you can only get so far in the NFL with grit. Let's see what he does this year and you know they'll be another QB in some way shape or form next year (draft, trade, free agency).

The first step of getting past denial is admitting you have a problem. This was definitely a step in the right direction for the franchise.
McElroy reminds me of Colt McCoy and looked good for the Browns with an average arm and physical tools, he just does not have IT ? You have to have IT to be a NFL starting QB. I'm just glad Tebow's still injured so McElroy could get a shot.

Go Jets...Cyborg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:00 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 



cysporsche wrote:
Jetman55 wrote: I see this completely as a Glenn Foley/Jason Garrett situation. The kid has spunk and energy and plays with heart...but he lacks an NFL caliber arm and you can only get so far in the NFL with grit. Let's see what he does this year and you know they'll be another QB in some way shape or form next year (draft, trade, free agency).

The first step of getting past denial is admitting you have a problem. This was definitely a step in the right direction for the franchise.
McElroy reminds me of Colt McCoy and looked good for the Browns with an average arm and physical tools, he just does not have IT ? You have to have IT to be a NFL starting QB. I'm just glad Tebow's still injured so McElroy could get a shot.

Go Jets...Cyborg
Early on all I kept hearing about Sanchez was that he has the "it" factor, now we know, there was an "sh" missing. Only time will tell with GM.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:11 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 


55 people said that about Pen but all he was a winner and unfortunately got the injury bug but I take that kind of game manager who is able to read defenses and not turn the ball over than Mark any day.  

Bill B siad it best Mark is another Joey harrington... 


Foley/Jason Garrett situation. The kid has spunk and energy and plays with heart...but he lacks an NFL caliber arm and you can only get so far in the NFL with grit. Let's see what he does this year and you know they'll be another QB in some way shape or form next year (draft, trade, free agency).

The first step of getting past denial is admitting you have a problem. This was definitely a step in the right direction for the franchise.
SOJ
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:26 PM

RE: # 14, McElroy 


www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs7AjQcYKzM
The ovations for McElroy's entry and his touchdown were some of the loudest at Metlife this year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:48 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 


I was happy for him that he finally get the chance that he deserve, I really think he could do the job for the Jets, can't be worst than Sanchez this season...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:49 PM

RE: # 14, McElroy 


He payed well at Bama in a very similar system...run 1st, don't turn the ball over, play action passes. If he gets the majority of 1st team snaps in practice this week, I think he will be able to run the vast majority of the playbook next week. If nothing else, we'll be in the right play with the right check off every snap
ROLL TIDE!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:52 PM

Re: # 14, McElroy 



SOJ wrote: 55 people said that about Pen but all he was a winner and unfortunately got the injury bug but I take that kind of game manager who is able to read defenses and not turn the ball over than Mark any day.  

Bill B siad it best Mark is another Joey harrington...
We'll see.  Sanchez is another Joey Harrington, I've been comparing him to Harrington and Grossman all season.

McElroy is playing against some pretty awful defenses in the next coming weeks and Kerley and Hill look like legit WRs with Cumberland and Keller stepping up their games.

I looooooooooved our running game with Powell and Greene and that wasn't against a cupcake defense (Titans, Jags, Chargers and Bills all have awful defenses in the coming weeks).  If Powell and Greene can keep running and Cumberland, Hill, Kerley, and Keller can keep defenses honest I still think we should win out (especially if our defense plays like they did today).

Overall, I think he can be an upgrade and our #2 QB, but I would still like to bring in another QB this offseason...like Bray, Wilson, Glennon, Jones, etc.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:55 PM

RE: # 14, McElroy 


Everyone seems to bashing McElroy's arm strength, but he threw the ball pretty well today, with decent zip on it.  He's not Brett Favre, but it looks like he can make most of the NFL throws.  He has a nice tight spiral, good mechanics.  You didn't watch him and say, OMG he's got Tebow like mechanics.  Tebow actually has a really strong arm when gets on top of the ball, he can sling it really hard, but awful mechanics.  McElroy looked fine.  Average arm, maybe even a little better than average.   If he's accurate though, that is more important.  Sanchez is all over the place with his accuracy.  McElroy from what I remember is a pretty accurate passer, and looked accurate today.  That back shoulder throw was nice.  I would say he has a better arm than Chad Pennington.  

In terms of whether he's the future, who knows.  This was one game against a bad team.  Let's see how he does going forward.  I don't know what they're going to do with Sanchez at this point.  Honestly, I think half of his problem is psychological.  He needs to get his head right.  I like him, would like to see him succeed, but he's regressed terribly.  Now, whether he's back next year it's too soon to tell.    
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 8:12 PM

RE: # 14, McElroy 


His lack of arm strength is misleading when you factor in the team he's playing for. Our offense and play calling will not require him to throw 50-60 yards in the air. 40-45 yards at the most is what you MIGHT get from us, and has no problem making those throws.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 8:29 PM

RE: # 14, McElroy 



LIJETFAN wrote: Everyone seems to bashing McElroy's arm strength, but he threw the ball pretty well today, with decent zip on it.  He's not Brett Favre, but it looks like he can make most of the NFL throws.  He has a nice tight spiral, good mechanics.  You didn't watch him and say, OMG he's got Tebow like mechanics.  Tebow actually has a really strong arm when gets on top of the ball, he can sling it really hard, but awful mechanics.  McElroy looked fine.  Average arm, maybe even a little better than average.   If he's accurate though, that is more important.  Sanchez is all over the place with his accuracy.  McElroy from what I remember is a pretty accurate passer, and looked accurate today.  That back shoulder throw was nice.  I would say he has a better arm than Chad Pennington.  

In terms of whether he's the future, who knows.  This was one game against a bad team.  Let's see how he does going forward.  I don't know what they're going to do with Sanchez at this point.  Honestly, I think half of his problem is psychological.  He needs to get his head right.  I like him, would like to see him succeed, but he's regressed terribly.  Now, whether he's back next year it's too soon to tell.    

Honestly what I noticed most, specifically on the throw to Hill and Cumberland was the tight spiral and and perfect mechanics.  He also plants his feet well and moves around the pocket VERY well.

Now, he'll have to calm down on some of those scrambles and stop diving head first all the time.  But I did like his foot work on the bootlegs and his decision making (pass or run) once he got the edge.

I think with a week of practice as the #1 guy and working with the #1 group of WRs he can only get better. 

People are acting like I'm saying he's not good.  I'm just saying in 2013 I want us to add another QB to the roster to push him.  McElroy can even start the year as the #1 guy and I think we can win out this year.  I just want another young QB with an arm added to the roster...that's all...Bray, Wilson, Glennon, Manual, Jones, etc.  A guy to groom for a couple years.  I'd ship Sanchez and Tebow out of here.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >