Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 28  Next >

Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM)

Posted: 11/19/2012 1:15 PM

Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


well i started last week's game thread and we won, so i might as well try to keep the mojo working.

turkey day (well night) game against the pats.  let's see if the jets can keep up the good play after the convincing win over the rams.  of course, the pats are a much better team than the rams.

unfortunately, i'm not sure how much, if any, of the game i will be able to see.  i'm not a fan of the jets playing on thanksgiving.  i may tape the game and watch it late thursday when i get home.

gobble gobble
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 1:32 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



hobson54 wrote: well i started last week's game thread and we won, so i might as well try to keep the mojo working.

turkey day (well night) game against the pats.  let's see if the jets can keep up the good play after the convincing win over the rams.  of course, the pats are a much better team than the rams.

unfortunately, i'm not sure how much, if any, of the game i will be able to see.  i'm not a fan of the jets playing on thanksgiving.  i may tape the game and watch it late thursday when i get home.

gobble gobble
I said you were lucky last week and you didn't believe me. Too be honest I'm not sure if any amount of luck will help us this week but I will continue to have my fingers crossed for the win.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 1:37 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


This is one of those games where I wouldn't be surprised if we won, lost a close one, or got annihilated. This much I do know, by opening kick off, I'll be feeling mighty fine.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 1:46 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


Pretty tough to think we will win. Pats are scoring like crazy. We basically can't make any mistakes, and we need the ball to bounce our way. I'm not saying we can't win, the season is on the line, and we are at home, but it's a TALL order.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 2:17 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



metjetgal wrote: Pretty tough to think we will win. Pats are scoring like crazy. We basically can't make any mistakes, and we need the ball to bounce our way. I'm not saying we can't win, the season is on the line, and we are at home, but it's a TALL order.

I think we have a lot of circumstances that work in our favor.

1. Thursday night road game favorites have largely played terrible this year.
2. Gronk is out
3. BB won't be able to dick around with the injury report as much as usual.
4. The Pats strike me as a 'soft' team this year and may not respond well to little rest






Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 2:23 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


I think it's huge that both their star TE's Grontkowski & Hernandez are both out for the game.

Put 8 in the box and blitz Brady and knock him around like a rag doll !

Go Jets...Cyborg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 2:38 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



cysporsche wrote: I think it's huge that both their star TE's Grontkowski & Hernandez are both out for the game.

Put 8 in the box and blitz Brady and knock him around like a rag doll !

Go Jets...Cyborg

Cy, I think Hernandez might play noidea. Either way, huge having Gronk out.

Last edited 11/19/2012 2:39 PM by metjetgal

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 3:07 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



cysporsche wrote: I think it's huge that both their star TE's Grontkowski & Hernandez are both out for the game.

Put 8 in the box and blitz Brady and knock him around like a rag doll !

Go Jets...Cyborg
I wonder if any coach ever blitzed every play with say 9, just to beat  the crap out of a whiny POS QB.  Particularly one who loves to run the score up. Just wondering.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 3:30 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


I'll be there Thurs. night.  Call me crazy, but if the Jets run it well, I think they win.  If the Pats can sit on Sanchez's throws, it'll be a long night for the Jets.

If the Jets run effectively, they'll speed up the clock, give Brady and company less chances to get momentum, and make the Jets passing game more dangerous. Pat's pass defense is their weakness.

Also, special teams can't make errors like they have in the previous 3 games.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:13 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


I am going with Parcells on this...If the Oline can get our three guys going early & often, the entire team gets a lift.

Also, I am loving the Clyde Gates factor we are starting to see more of. Mark has undeniable confidence in #11, and in #81, but seems to be trusting #19 a lot...I am convinced he has none in #84.

The pesky duo is able to create after the catch. Gotta find a way to get McKnight the ball in open space too.

...that stuff is a must against the Pats.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:17 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



skopko wrote: I am going with Parcells on this...If the Oline can get our three guys going early & often, the entire team gets a lift.

Also, I am loving the Clyde Gates factor we are starting to see more of. Mark has undeniable confidence in #11, and in #81, but seems to be trusting #19 a lot...I am convinced he has none in #84.

The pesky duo is able to create after the catch. Gotta find a way to get McKnight the ball in open space too.

...that stuff is a must against the Pats.
#84 can't catch, and he better get taht corrected in the offseason.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:33 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



metjetgal wrote:
skopko wrote: I am going with Parcells on this...If the Oline can get our three guys going early & often, the entire team gets a lift.

Also, I am loving the Clyde Gates factor we are starting to see more of. Mark has undeniable confidence in #11, and in #81, but seems to be trusting #19 a lot...I am convinced he has none in #84.

The pesky duo is able to create after the catch. Gotta find a way to get McKnight the ball in open space too.

...that stuff is a must against the Pats.
#84 can't catch, and he better get taht corrected in the offseason.

A lot of people said the same thing about a kid named Jerry Rice during his rookie year. Bill Parcells found a technique problem with Keyshawn's hand placement.

correctABLE.

 Keep that in mind with him...you're right, he needs a lot of work, but look at the clay you get to mold.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:42 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



NickSINYC wrote: 

I said you were lucky last week and you didn't believe me. Too be honest I'm not sure if any amount of luck will help us this week but I will continue to have my fingers crossed for the win.
Not sure if luck is necessary...not because the Jets are good, but because the Pats are drastically overrated. Their poor play for much of this season is almost ignored, because it doesn't fit the typical pro-Pats narrative.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:46 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


We could've won last time if weren't for couple of misfires...whats changed since then?  

I think we have a shot if the O can play a decent.  Agree with comment above about getting mcknight the ball in space - wish we did that more.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:47 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



skopko wrote: 

A lot of people said the same thing about a kid named Jerry Rice during his rookie year. Bill Parcells found a technique problem with Keyshawn's hand placement.

correctABLE.

 Keep that in mind with him...you're right, he needs a lot of work, but look at the clay you get to mold.
What I do not get is when Jets fans who were screaming for Braylon Edwards to return are bashing Hill.

For one, Hill is a younger Edwards with less baggage. Big, tall, fast, and physical, able to get separation and use his strength. But also, Edwards had a drop issue for YEARS. 

It makes no sense to me that the same fans who begged for Edwards to return, are giving Hill absolutely no leash.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:52 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


Looking forward to the game.  Hope team doesn't give me indigestion.

When I got the schedule I thought it was really unfair of the NFL to give us 2 Thanksgiving nights in three years.  Than I heard that Woodie (Mr. PSL) Johnson actually requested it. 
He really has no regard for his fans.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:56 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



SackExchange wrote:
skopko wrote: 

A lot of people said the same thing about a kid named Jerry Rice during his rookie year. Bill Parcells found a technique problem with Keyshawn's hand placement.

correctABLE.

 Keep that in mind with him...you're right, he needs a lot of work, but look at the clay you get to mold.
What I do not get is when Jets fans who were screaming for Braylon Edwards to return are bashing Hill.

For one, Hill is a younger Edwards with less baggage. Big, tall, fast, and physical, able to get separation and use his strength. But also, Edwards had a drop issue for YEARS. 

It makes no sense to me that the same fans who begged for Edwards to return, are giving Hill absolutely no leash.

Edwards was a heart thing...plain & simple. The guy may have been a mess, but it seemed by the way he played that he would run through walls as a Jet...we are not spoiled in that category, so I understand BE.

The greatest thing for Hill is the group of young players around him...with no egoes. He needs work, not doubt about that in regards to technique.

I am actually really excited about the next 6 games. We'll start to see this team emerge as one nobody wants!!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 5:01 PM

RE: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 


We must get to Brady, rattle him, knock him off his spot. We can do this but can't give them anything. Place will be loud. Team has to do something early and no turnovers.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 5:15 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



Savatage wrote: This is one of those games where I wouldn't be surprised if we won, lost a close one, or got annihilated. This much I do know, by opening kick off, I'll be feeling mighty fine.
+1 on both parts.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28 PM

Re: Game Thread - Patriots @ Jets - Thur., Nov 22 (8PM) 



skopko wrote: I am going with Parcells on this...If the Oline can get our three guys going early & often, the entire team gets a lift.

Also, I am loving the Clyde Gates factor we are starting to see more of. Mark has undeniable confidence in #11, and in #81, but seems to be trusting #19 a lot...I am convinced he has none in #84.

The pesky duo is able to create after the catch. Gotta find a way to get McKnight the ball in open space too.

...that stuff is a must against the Pats.
I'm 100% with on Clyde Gates.  I feel he's our Devon Bess.  Dude got some crazy speedy and is very shifty. 
I feel with Stephen Hill, Sparano is throwing him into the fire too quickly.  I think it would be prudent to utilize him more on Go-Routes than slants.  He is extremely raw and has ENORMOUS potential.   I think by next year under Mark with his Jets west, he will be a force none ever seen dawn a Jets uniform.
For this game, i firmly believe the Jets have finally come together and bought into the "Us vs the World" mentality.  The Defense is really picking up steam these past couple of weeks.  Mark has shown resiliency in the face of adversity.  Our run game with  the three headed monster is demonstrating we can juice the clock.
My concern is special team.  Take Tebow out and replace him with Eric Smith as he is good as hell as a personal protecter for the past 5+ seasons.
IMHO, we keep this bad boy rolling;
Jets 28
Pats 14

*The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.*

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 28  Next >