Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >

Explosion at Boston marathon today

Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:05 PM

Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:10 PM

Re: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:14 PM

Re: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Simply chaos there, hoping very few injuries frown
"NO More hurting PEOPLE. PEACE." Martin Richard, 8 y/o.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:14 PM

Re: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


BOSTON -- Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

"So shines a good deed in a weary world"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:29 PM

Re: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Deadspin has some pictures that paint a pretty scary scene.

 
http://deadspin.com/explosions...athon-473008941
Reply | Quote
  • willywonka137
  • Member
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 3434 posts this site

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:32 PM

Re: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


hopefully just ppl injured and no one dead. Car bombs? any idea what caused it?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:33 PM

Re: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


3 reported killed so far frown
willywonka137 wrote: hopefully just ppl injured and no one dead. Car bombs? any idea what caused it?
"NO More hurting PEOPLE. PEACE." Martin Richard, 8 y/o.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:36 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


One explosion - could be an accident.Two explosions? Probably terrorists

Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:48 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Tax day and in Boston, more likely a domestic terrorist than foreign.
Reply | Quote
  • VikesDominate
  • Member
  • Rating: 3.0/5 this site
  • 16514 posts this site

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:49 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Never go go public areas with a lot of people and little security. Something like that is too spread out to ever really secure. They are always a target.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 2:51 PM

Re: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:03 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 



VikesDominate wrote: Never go go public areas with a lot of people and little security. Something like that is too spread out to ever really secure. They are always a target.

Not trying to be snarky, but this was at the finish line of one of the most prestigious races in the world, there are literally law enforcement officials every couple of feet.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:04 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


or secondary explosions from damaged gas lines or other....  but probably.
SpenceTheGreat wrote: One explosion - could be an accident.Two explosions? Probably terrorists

Why Isn't Chuck Foreman 
 In the Hall Of Fame???


 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:05 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


wildass speculation,,  but a perfectly viable scenario.
sockersfc09 wrote: Tax day and in Boston, more likely a domestic terrorist than foreign.

Why Isn't Chuck Foreman 
 In the Hall Of Fame???


 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:07 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


the video showed at least 4 boston cops within about 100 feet of the blast when it went off.   and that was just the ones you could see on the street.
bigbone062 wrote:
VikesDominate wrote: Never go go public areas with a lot of people and little security. Something like that is too spread out to ever really secure. They are always a target.

Not trying to be snarky, but this was at the finish line of one of the most prestigious races in the world, there are literally law enforcement officials every couple of feet.

Why Isn't Chuck Foreman 
 In the Hall Of Fame???


 

Reply | Quote
  • VikesDominate
  • Member
  • Rating: 3.0/5 this site
  • 16514 posts this site

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:12 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


There may be cops standing around but I doubt they were doing a serious search of everyone. Crowded places attract the wrong kind of attention these days.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:16 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 



jimmyinsd wrote: wildass speculation,,  but a perfectly viable scenario.
sockersfc09 wrote: Tax day and in Boston, more likely a domestic terrorist than foreign.

Yea I should have added the speculation part.  Just makes to much sense to me, Tax, Boston home of the Boston Tea Party, its also a state holiday Patriots Day.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:17 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


Liam Martin ‏@LiamWCVB 8m
Mass General has 19 patients, six critical, including multiple amputations #WCVB #Boston

"So shines a good deed in a weary world"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:19 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 



VikesDominate wrote: There may be cops standing around but I doubt they were doing a serious search of everyone. Crowded places attract the wrong kind of attention these days.
Been following this, sorry but definitely not surprised. As such, gotta agree with VikesDominate here. Foreign, domestic, trouble is everywhere and the world is a very dangerous place, being filled with humans and all. Nothing wrong with learning from experience and being vigilant regarding self-preservation.

"...if I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming, I'll live to fight another day..."

Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/15/2013 3:22 PM

RE: Explosion at Boston marathon today 


NY Post reporting 12 dead, 50 injured, at least 10 amputations:

www.nypost.com/p/news/national...cwASg0RQfVsH1yI
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >