Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 7  Next >

It's official: Wiggins is a Wolf!

Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:17 PM

It's official: Wiggins is a Wolf! 


hopefully the Kevin Love trade is a done deal on Saturday. Jon Krawczynski of the AP said his educated guess is that the Wolves will get Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thad Young, the Cavs will get Love and Philly will get Shved, Moute and the Cavs' first round pick from Miami.

hell of a deal for the Wolves!
"I choked." -- Brett Favre

Last edited 8/23/2014 12:09 PM by hauts81

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:33 PM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


I cannot wait to see Wiggins develop the next few years.  Think he will become a stud.   biggrin

Wolves won't win a lot of games immediately, but they have a ton of youth to develop....and RUN.  Coaching is going to be a fundamental piece of this obviously.  Flip will handle it this year, but we'll see if he can (finally?) secure a quality coach in 2015.  

I think Flip's goal might be to sell the "future" of this team in 2014 to prospective coaches.


For every position, there is an opposition. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:48 PM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



undergrads wrote: I cannot wait to see Wiggins develop the next few years.  Think he will become a stud.   biggrin

Wolves won't win a lot of games immediately, but they have a ton of youth to develop....and RUN.  Coaching is going to be a fundamental piece of this obviously.  Flip will handle it this year, but we'll see if he can (finally?) secure a quality coach in 2015.  

I think Flip's goal might be to sell the "future" of this team in 2014 to prospective coaches.

my fear is that Flip coaches for a year or two and then hands the job off to somebody already under his umbrella, like Sam Mitchell or Sidney Lowe. i hope he thinks "bigger" than that.
"I choked." -- Brett Favre
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:54 PM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



hauts81 wrote: hopefully the Kevin Love trade is a done deal on Saturday. Jon Krawczynski of the AP said his educated guess is that the Wolves will get Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thad Young, the Cavs will get Love and Philly will get Shved, Moute and the Cavs' first round pick from Miami.

hell of a deal for the Wolves!

That would be an unbelievable deal.  Anthony Bennett, Thad Young, Andrew Wiggins

I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:00 PM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


love is a punk just like LeBron.   today's nba player is about taking easy way out to nba title.   switching teams to join other all stars.   all a bunch of kluwes'.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:03 PM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



DBurzon wrote:
hauts81 wrote: hopefully the Kevin Love trade is a done deal on Saturday. Jon Krawczynski of the AP said his educated guess is that the Wolves will get Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thad Young, the Cavs will get Love and Philly will get Shved, Moute and the Cavs' first round pick from Miami.

hell of a deal for the Wolves!

That would be an unbelievable deal.  Anthony Bennett, Thad Young, Andrew Wiggins

I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.

i wouldn't even worry about that right now. Bennett can earn more playing time coming off the bench.
"I choked." -- Brett Favre
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:43 PM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



DBurzon wrote:
hauts81 wrote: hopefully the Kevin Love trade is a done deal on Saturday. Jon Krawczynski of the AP said his educated guess is that the Wolves will get Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thad Young, the Cavs will get Love and Philly will get Shved, Moute and the Cavs' first round pick from Miami.

hell of a deal for the Wolves!

That would be an unbelievable deal.  Anthony Bennett, Thad Young, Andrew Wiggins

I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.
Bennett is raw and a bust. I know you guys have high hopes for him, but i doubt he will be better then a 6th man in his career
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:48 PM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



MNCraze wrote:
DBurzon wrote:
hauts81 wrote: hopefully the Kevin Love trade is a done deal on Saturday. Jon Krawczynski of the AP said his educated guess is that the Wolves will get Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thad Young, the Cavs will get Love and Philly will get Shved, Moute and the Cavs' first round pick from Miami.

hell of a deal for the Wolves!

That would be an unbelievable deal.  Anthony Bennett, Thad Young, Andrew Wiggins

I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.
Bennett is raw and a bust. I know you guys have high hopes for him, but i doubt he will be better then a 6th man in his career

which would be perfectly fine with me. the Wolves might have made the playoffs last season if they'd had a decent bench.
"I choked." -- Brett Favre
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 12:26 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



hauts81 wrote:
MNCraze wrote:
DBurzon wrote:
hauts81 wrote: hopefully the Kevin Love trade is a done deal on Saturday. Jon Krawczynski of the AP said his educated guess is that the Wolves will get Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thad Young, the Cavs will get Love and Philly will get Shved, Moute and the Cavs' first round pick from Miami.

hell of a deal for the Wolves!

That would be an unbelievable deal.  Anthony Bennett, Thad Young, Andrew Wiggins

I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.
Bennett is raw and a bust. I know you guys have high hopes for him, but i doubt he will be better then a 6th man in his career

which would be perfectly fine with me. the Wolves might have made the playoffs last season if they'd had a decent bench.
Definitely. I was more responding to the poster above worrying about the two stretch 4s. Should be an exciting team to watch in a few years. (If the trade goes down. redface)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 6:30 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


I don't see any harm in taking a flyer on Bennett, seems Sanders wants to give it a go with him.

what I really hope is Ricky steps up at team leader now.
Reply | Quote
  • Phire
  • Member
  • 4020 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 7:36 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


The haul we are getting back is unprecedented, this whole situation couldn't have played out any better.
Reply | Quote
  • daunte
  • Member
  • 1441 posts this site

Posted: 8/22/2014 8:18 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


Bennett is more of a physical 3, than a 4. What scares me is that Young graded out as the worst defending PF in the league last year. We are used to bad D at that position with Love though. Wolves need to dump JJ and one of the SFs, look at the crazy SF depth; Bennett, Brewer, Budinger, Shabazz, RSIII


---------------------------------------------
--- DBurzon wrote:


hauts81 wrote: hopefully the Kevin Love trade is a done deal on Saturday. Jon Krawczynski of the AP said his educated guess is that the Wolves will get Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thad Young, the Cavs will get Love and Philly will get Shved, Moute and the Cavs' first round pick from Miami.

hell of a deal for the Wolves!

That would be an unbelievable deal.  Anthony Bennett, Thad Young, Andrew Wiggins

I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:14 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



DBurzon wrote:


I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.
Getting Wiggins is an awesome return.  Getting Bennett is a worthwhile flyer.  But can someone tell me why we should want Young?   [bearing in mind we should not WANT to win this year]

He's essentially on a one year deal (two year contract with player option after this year) and it would take more $ than he's worth to keep him next year. 

If we want him to free up cap space after a year, I question that logic because we won't yet be a contender so we're not going to attract a star.    If we want him because Flip thinks he helps them win now, I REALLY question that logic because we should be in rebuild/tank mode this year to get another high lottery pick.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:21 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



daunte wrote:

Bennett is more of a physical 3, than a 4. What scares me is that Young graded out as the worst defending PF in the league last year. We are used to bad D at that position with Love though. Wolves need to dump JJ and one of the SFs, look at the crazy SF depth; Bennett, Brewer, Budinger, Shabazz, RSIII

I share this concern.  I am scared of adding another 4 who can't defend the paint to pair with Pekovic.  Thad Young is a solid on ball defender but since he is a tweener at 6'8" he can't defend big PF's and isn't athletic enough to move to the 3.  

I keep thinking Thad Young is old.  I have been approaching this entire trade scenario thinking he was 31 or something but he's only 26 !  He actually just turned 26 in June.  

I don't know what to think right now.  Just need to wait and see how the roster looks a month from now.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:26 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 



5844cx wrote:

Getting Wiggins is an awesome return.  Getting Bennett is a worthwhile flyer.  But can someone tell me why we should want Young?   [bearing in mind we should not WANT to win this year]

He's essentially on a one year deal (two year contract with player option after this year) and it would take more $ than he's worth to keep him next year. 

If we want him to free up cap space after a year, I question that logic because we won't yet be a contender so we're not going to attract a star.    If we want him because Flip thinks he helps them win now, I REALLY question that logic because we should be in rebuild/tank mode this year to get another high lottery pick.

That's what I am stuck on also.  I don't see how adding Thad Young to this current roster helps us lose games next year.  Are we really going to try winning in the western conference with this current roster?
That's why I am thinking Thad Young might just be an asset grab to trade for another young player or picks.  

Tank next season Flip!  Blow it up!
Reply | Quote
  • Phire
  • Member
  • 4020 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:27 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


I don't believe next year is considered a great draft I like what Flip is doing with attempting to be competitive while taking on three young guys in Bennett, Lavine, and Wiggins.


---------------------------------------------
--- 5844cx wrote:


DBurzon wrote:


I don't understand how Bennett and Young would fit together on the same team though.  They are both tweener 4's.  Maybe Thad Young would be an asset to flip for future picks or a younger guard.
Getting Wiggins is an awesome return.  Getting Bennett is a worthwhile flyer.  But can someone tell me why we should want Young?   [bearing in mind we should not WANT to win this year]

He's essentially on a one year deal (two year contract with player option after this year) and it would take more $ than he's worth to keep him next year. 

If we want him to free up cap space after a year, I question that logic because we won't yet be a contender so we're not going to attract a star.    If we want him because Flip thinks he helps them win now, I REALLY question that logic because we should be in rebuild/tank mode this year to get another high lottery pick.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:53 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


If Flip pulls this off, it will be an absolutely outstanding trade.  Wiggins instantly makes the team more athletic and faster.  A couple of years down the road he has an excellent chance of surpassing Love in overall value.

Young will start, while Bennett comes off the bench, with playing time increasing as he shows the sort of development he showed in Vegas.  One or two years from now we keep the better player, and trade the other.

The draft pick we send on to Philly from Cleveland won't be worth as much as either Young or Bennett.  And we unload Shved and his inflated, guaranteed contract to make room for LaVine.
Reply | Quote
  • Flosser
  • Member
  • 5338 posts this site

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:54 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


I think this sounds like a great haul for a superstar who was going to walk away next year without a doubt.

Unfortunately with the Wolves history I'm mostly wondering how terribly this deal will end for them.
Reply | Quote
  • Vikes45
  • Member
  • 1043 posts this site

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:59 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


Are you kidding me?  This isn't done yet?  I thought it was done weeks ago.  How friggin stupid is this entire thing?

When can we trade this franchise in for another hockey team?  Please?
Reply | Quote
  • Flosser
  • Member
  • 5338 posts this site

Posted: 8/22/2014 10:05 AM

Re: Two more days, Wolves fans! 


Click any news story about this and you would know the hold up ... it's basically agreed upon but there is an NBA rule that once a rookie signs a deal (like Wiggins just did) they can't be traded for 30 days.   Everyone is just forced to wait for the 30 days to expire which is just about to happen


Vikes45 wrote: Are you kidding me?  This isn't done yet?  I thought it was done weeks ago.  How friggin stupid is this entire thing?

When can we trade this franchise in for another hockey team?  Please?
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 7  Next >