Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Stadium talks virtually complete

Posted: 6/7/2014 12:07 PM

Stadium talks virtually complete 


http://www.dolphinstalk.com/2014/06/breaking-news- stadium-deal-with-miami.html


The stadium looks way to squared but overall decent

Last edited 6/7/2014 12:08 PM by Dolphins4life13

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 1:27 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Thank the Marlins for screwing us out of a chance for a state of the art new facility like they will get in MIN.  Its bad enough they mooched off of us for however many years.  Now the taxpayers wont even CONSIDER plans for a NEW stadium fot us for decades.  Meanwhile the Marlins are a waste in a brand new facility.  Unreal...

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/8/2014 12:00 AM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


considering the state of the economy in Florida, I would hope that the hundreds of millions of dollars that would go to new Stadiums could be used for something more useful and important. The Marlins got to the money first. No sense in being ticked off about it. Besides, with the new upgrades the Stadium will be State of the Art and it won't cost taxpayers a penny.

"Make it Rain Hell"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/8/2014 11:43 AM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


It always cost the tax payer one way or the other, just going thru a back door dealing with a mayor who is willing to sign and take on the responsibilities when he will be long out of office. Pay for play, interesting idea hope it works out for both parties. Winner is Broward County as the stadium sit's on the Miami side of border but Broward benefits just as much or more.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/9/2014 10:51 AM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Floridians continuing to show lack of ANY business and common sense, whatsoever.

Pay an ultra-exorbitant amount of money to the Marlins for no chance of return. Then stiff the lucrative and long time Dolphins and risk future monies.

Sure, the Dolphins will upgrade the stadium. But I'm sure it could've been better. Much better. You spend money to make it. Skimp and it will be seen in the end.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 1:44 AM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 



DantesDolfanInferno wrote: considering the state of the economy in Florida, I would hope that the hundreds of millions of dollars that would go to new Stadiums could be used for something more useful and important. The Marlins got to the money first. No sense in being ticked off about it. Besides, with the new upgrades the Stadium will be State of the Art and it won't cost taxpayers a penny.
I am still dumbfounded how the hell that got approved, Marlins stadium had been pretty empty for years.. Then you approve a billion dollar stadium.

Hopefully if the dolphins bring back success ala how the Heat did, Money will begin flowing to stadium upgrades and eventually a new stadium. I am a big believer in the Owner doing his part, Ross doing these improvements without public help says volumes to me.. He isn't afraid to open his checkbook for the team, Now if he can just get the right people, I will say this from what im hearing about Bill Lazor he is the real deal as an OC and i have a good feeling about his offense.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/10/2014 10:17 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 





---------------------------------------------
--- Gonzorot wrote:


DantesDolfanInferno wrote: considering the state of the economy in Florida, I would hope that the hundreds of millions of dollars that would go to new Stadiums could be used for something more useful and important. The Marlins got to the money first. No sense in being ticked off about it. Besides, with the new upgrades the Stadium will be State of the Art and it won't cost taxpayers a penny.
I am still dumbfounded how the hell that got approved, Marlins stadium had been pretty empty for years.. Then you approve a billion dollar stadium.

Hopefully if the dolphins bring back success ala how the Heat did, Money will begin flowing to stadium upgrades and eventually a new stadium. I am a big believer in the Owner doing his part, Ross doing these improvements without public help says volumes to me.. He isn't afraid to open his checkbook for the team, Now if he can just get the right people, I will say this from what im hearing about Bill Lazor he is the real deal as an OC and i have a good feeling about his offense.

---------------------------------------------
I'm not from Florida and really feel like the sports franchises here get no support from the fans unless they are winning. Not to say Florida is the worst place for sports but there are a lot of places that treasure their sports teams and always support them through thick and thin. There will always be the diehards but in Florida no sports franchise...none...draw fans unless they are winning championships. It's really puzzling.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/13/2014 3:14 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Miami-Dade would pay Miami Dolphins $4 million for Super Bowl in stadium deal


The stadium deal includes a 10-year delay before Miami-Dade makes bonus payments for large Sun Life events.

Under the deal, Miami-Dade would pay the Dolphins a maximum of $5 million a year based on this bonus schedule:

• $4 million for a Super Bowl or World Cup finals match

• $3 million for a World Cup semi-final or a national college-football championship

• $2 million for a college play-off game

• $750,000 for an “international soccer match or other sporting event which attract significant tourists to Miami-Dade County with at least 55,000 Paid Tickets distributed.” 



http://www.miamiherald.com/201...i-dolphins.html



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/16/2014 1:01 AM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


The total cost of the Marlins stadium went from just over 350MIL to over 600MIL once it was done.  History showed that they couldnt sell out WS games.  The organization showed lack of commitment to fielding a competitive team.  THe cost to taxpayers is gonna end up being 2.4BIL when its paid off in 40 years. 
Take the 600MIL combined with what "owner" is willing to chip in now, and we have Taj MahStevie.  Dojphins fans have a history of selling out the venue when the team on the field is competitive. 
When are the WS games coming to Miami?  Gawd knows.  A new stadium gets us a SB and back on the list as a fall back plan for future SBs because of the weather.  We can hold World Cup matches there. 
Loria WONT spend money.  The only good thing I can say about Stevie is he WILL spend money.  Not always wisely, but he will spend it.

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/17/2014 3:18 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 



Found this picture of the proposed upgrades. So far, this is the only one I can find.

I hope those steel beams wont put shaded areas on the playing field, but I have a feeling that the home side will get shadows right after half-time of 1:00 pm games.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2014 12:05 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 




Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/28/2014 8:13 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Welcome to Shade Life Stadium.
Photobucket
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/29/2014 5:26 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Welcome to Band-Aid Stadium. 

This just looks like a half assed upgrade. Like when they had these amazing upgrades of new video boards and added concourse space. Yawn.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/29/2014 7:56 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


I like it but I think it's going to be hot as hell up in the nose bleed seats. I imagine if I can envision that so can they and they'll do something about it but all in all it looks good to me.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 10:12 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Im not even a Dolphins fan and i was upset that the Marlins and the 200 fans who go to their games get a new stadium over the one team that pulls big crowds regardless of how good they are.

"Steady progress in the goal of winning championships."- Phil Emery
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 9:41 AM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Never approve for any tax paid stadium upgrade or new facility. Never. The owners should be 100% responsible for all the costs.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 4:42 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 



Killerb58 wrote: Never approve for any tax paid stadium upgrade or new facility. Never. The owners should be 100% responsible for all the costs.

So any revenue that the new upgradees bring in,  including a Super Bowl again, goes to the owner sice he paid for it all? 

The CORRECT answer is dont approve a brand new stadium with tax payer money for a team that cant even sell out a World Series game and has a history of being cheap and selling off all the valuable pieces after winning it all.  Its common sense.  The Marlins gave us ALL a look behind the curtain.  The tax payers got fleeced.  Cant say there wasnt fair warning...

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:59 PM

Re: Stadium talks virtually complete 


Marlins have nothing to do with my opinion. Taxpayers should not foot the bill for any sports facility. Dolphins have not sold out for all home games in decades.
Reply | Quote