Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

David Beckham

Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2013 12:07 PM

David Beckham 


Heard on the Dan Patrick Show this morning that more than one NFL team has contacted Beckham about his interest in becoming an NFL kicker. 

All I have to say is this has Stephen Ross' scent all over it, and let me be the 1st to say PUT THE F'N PHONE DOWN.  This team is sloooooowly creeping out of the Big Top and the last thing I want is another carnival act.

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2013 12:31 PM

RE: David Beckham 


We have 2 kickers who will start next season (one for a different team) - not gonna happen.
Somebody gave me a Hickey.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2013 1:17 PM

RE: David Beckham 


I was first thinking Beckham had bought a minority portion of the team...kicker...no way. I think Ross is done messing around with the team unless it involves uniforms or the stadium. We didn't go after Teebow so I would bet my nuts against a penny we aren't considering Beckham.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2013 2:21 PM

Re: David Beckham 



chzamp wrote: Heard on the Dan Patrick Show this morning that more than one NFL team has contacted Beckham about his interest in becoming an NFL kicker. 

All I have to say is this has Stephen Ross' scent all over it, and let me be the 1st to say PUT THE F'N PHONE DOWN.  This team is sloooooowly creeping out of the Big Top and the last thing I want is another carnival act.
Yeah the dude is worth  almost 1 billion dollars, I don't think he would give a rats ass about  being a kicker in the NFL for 600K. Funny article though and he would be a funny kicker..

ITs wide right,, ooohh nevermind it bended back in.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2013 2:50 PM

Re: David Beckham 


On Beckham's side, he stays relevent and immediatedly becomes not only the most covered kicker in NFL history his hersey sales go through the ROOF  with the worldwide name recognition he gets from soccer fans.  And we DO have a Commish that would put JAX in London TOMORROW and change the name from the Jaguars to the Shaguars, baby, if he could get league approval.  I wouldnt count out Beckham for having too much money to care. 

And yes we have Caep and Sturgis, but Sturgis hasnt even been through his 1st NFL training camp yet.  What if its too big for him and Carp just doesnt look that good in camp?  It scares me to think what Ross is thinking right now.  Making money is his goal before anything else.  Making this team a winner is somewhere in the top 5.  Thats a scary owner.

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2013 4:41 PM

Re: David Beckham 



chzamp wrote: On Beckham's side, he stays relevent and immediatedly becomes not only the most covered kicker in NFL history his hersey sales go through the ROOF  with the worldwide name recognition he gets from soccer fans.  And we DO have a Commish that would put JAX in London TOMORROW and change the name from the Jaguars to the Shaguars, baby, if he could get league approval.  I wouldnt count out Beckham for having too much money to care. 

And yes we have Caep and Sturgis, but Sturgis hasnt even been through his 1st NFL training camp yet.  What if its too big for him and Carp just doesnt look that good in camp?  It scares me to think what Ross is thinking right now.  Making money is his goal before anything else.  Making this team a winner is somewhere in the top 5.  Thats a scary owner.

Champ for a moment I thought that Ross may be behind this, but just a half second.  I don't even think Ross is a big enough buffoon to do this.  I'm thinking Jerry Jones or the Jets.

"Make it Rain Hell"

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2013 5:36 PM

Re: David Beckham 


I will NEVER underestimate Ross' baffoonery skills.  J-Lo as part owner.  Nuff said.

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2013 6:54 PM

RE: David Beckham 


What impact does j-lo have on our team... at all? She's a minority owner, it's not a big deal.
Somebody gave me a Hickey.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/18/2013 7:21 PM

RE: David Beckham 



Jschwald wrote: What impact does j-lo have on our team... at all? She's a minority owner, it's not a big deal.

Thanks for completely missing my ENTIRE point.  Are you a newly minted Dolphins fan?  If so, lemme know.  You can call me Champ.  Ill do my best to fill you in  on our owner's reign over our franchise.

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2013 8:19 PM

Re: David Beckham 


Just dont let him give interviews.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2013 11:23 PM

RE: David Beckham 


What point are you making Champ? Despite his 'buffoonery' Ross has actively tried to improve the team since he's been here which is really all you can hope for. The Harbaugh fiasco was the only real screw up Ross has had.

I could care less about an Orange Carpet, or celebrity minority owners - every team markets itself in one way or another and those things have had absolutely no bearing on our football success.

I am not a newly minted fan Champ, as you should know. How about I fill you in on Ross's reign.
Since buying the team, Ross, has spent more THAN ANY OTHER OWNER trying to make this football team good. He isn't making football decisions - the only football decisions he made were the hiring of Philbin (who looks good), and the failed pursuit of Harbaugh (a top 3 coach). but he is willing to pay for any decisions our football guys think will benefit the team.

I would rather have Ross as an owner than an owner who is only concerned about the profit his team makes.
Somebody gave me a Hickey.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2013 12:50 AM

Re: David Beckham 


NVM....I remember sparring with you before about this very subject and you being bitterly loyal to the Ross cause in the face of any facts. 

Heres the point....Parcells left here because of Ross' penchant to want to make this team an "entertainment destination" and not a winning football team 1st.  He said he didnt want to be a part of a cicus and left when it started becoming one. 

Other teans nay have some minority ownership, but can you name them and do they have "orange carpets" to flaunt it hoping to create some "fan experience" instead of making the team on the field the experience?  No.

You claim in bold print that Ross has spent more than ANY OTHER OWNER on this team to make it better.  Bold caps means you have data to back it up, so go ahead and show us the proof so we can all see it.  All I can recall is him being pissy that the voters wouldnt give him money to upgrade the stadium after those same taxpayers got bent by the Marlins.  And dont try to talk about the FA signings because ALL teams work with the same cap.  And, I just watched a team go 7-9 that should have made the playoffs if the GM would have even TRIED to find a decent WR.  That same GM that sat on his hands the past couple years is in the last year of his contract and NOW he makes some moves to save his job and get an extension.

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2013 9:25 AM

Re: David Beckham 



DantesDolfanInferno wrote:
chzamp wrote: On Beckham's side, he stays relevent and immediatedly becomes not only the most covered kicker in NFL history his hersey sales go through the ROOF  with the worldwide name recognition he gets from soccer fans.  And we DO have a Commish that would put JAX in London TOMORROW and change the name from the Jaguars to the Shaguars, baby, if he could get league approval.  I wouldnt count out Beckham for having too much money to care. 

And yes we have Caep and Sturgis, but Sturgis hasnt even been through his 1st NFL training camp yet.  What if its too big for him and Carp just doesnt look that good in camp?  It scares me to think what Ross is thinking right now.  Making money is his goal before anything else.  Making this team a winner is somewhere in the top 5.  Thats a scary owner.

Champ for a moment I thought that Ross may be behind this, but just a half second.  I don't even think Ross is a big enough buffoon to do this.  I'm thinking Jerry Jones or the Jets.

Considering we actually used one of our draft picks for a kicker, I'm thinking we're not interested in this as well.

Well, let me not say not interested.  Ross might be $$$ wacko enough to still be interested, but I'd hope that logic and the fact that we drafted a kicker would be enough to FORCE us to not be interested.



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2013 12:25 PM

Re: David Beckham 


I hope Sturgis does well.  But I really thought Justin Medlock from UCLA was going to be good too.  KC drafted him a few years ago and he just couldnt do it.  So the fact that we drafted a kicker means one thing....we drafted a kicker.  Its up to him to make the team;   Like I said, if he struggles and so does Carp, we all know where Ross' mind is 1st.   Well....NOST of us lnow.  Or maybe we ALL know but just wont say it.

Stephen Ross...ur an assclown.
Sell the Dolphins immediately before you completely wreck this franchise. 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2013 3:30 PM

Re: David Beckham 


sturgis better be good because carpenter is no push over and i personally like carpenter as our kicker..  I would say Carpenter has the superior leg strength till i see otherwise from this sturgis guy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2013 12:21 AM

Re: David Beckham 




---------------------------------------------
--- chzamp wrote

Heres the point....Parcells left here because of Ross' penchant to want to make this team an "entertainment destination" and not a winning football team 1st.  He said he didnt want to be a part of a cicus and left when it started becoming one. 


Parcells is an old school HC who has 2 superbowl titles from over 20 years ago and gets treated like a god for it. Parcells gave us Earnest Wilford, Pat White, Tony Sparano, and huge slow OLman....thanks. We ought to thank Ross and his orange carpet for running Parcells out of here before our team was completely devoid of talent and speed. Parcells doesnt like circuses, hes a one man show and his ego cant fit under the big top anyway. Theres a reason he didnt take another job....because he knows the game has passed him by and his formula for success is outdated.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2013 7:17 AM

RE: David Beckham 


David Beckham was here to see how viable it would be to open a soccer franchise in S. Fla.

Screw Parcells he was a major reason we were mediocre the last 4 years. As far a Ross trying to make it a entertainment destination for the star's I wouldn't mind trying to get Jennifer Lopez to sit in my lap either, as far as the rest of the stars coming I could care less.

Want to be worried about Ross for something its his seat right with Ireland and Philbin at the draft table, some place he doesn't belong.

There is a lot of positive momentum about the Dolphins this year following FA and the draft, If Tannehill performs as expected we could be one of the top teams this year.

Sturgis got a big foot for a small guy and kick 60+ yard field goals and kicks them out of the end zone on kickoffs from what I hear, Carpenter lost 2 games out right last year and that I imagine is not sitting right with the coaching staff. Sturgis in a landslide...

Last edited 6/20/2013 7:18 AM by dougb123

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2013 1:58 PM

RE: David Beckham 


Parcells was a major reason why we've been mediocre for the past 4 years?  I'll give you the Ireland hiring as being his decision, but since Ireland has taken over how can you blame Parcells? 
dougb123 wrote: David Beckham was here to see how viable it would be to open a soccer franchise in S. Fla.

Screw Parcells he was a major reason we were mediocre the last 4 years. As far a Ross trying to make it a entertainment destination for the star's I wouldn't mind trying to get Jennifer Lopez to sit in my lap either, as far as the rest of the stars coming I could care less.

Want to be worried about Ross for something its his seat right with Ireland and Philbin at the draft table, some place he doesn't belong.

There is a lot of positive momentum about the Dolphins this year following FA and the draft, If Tannehill performs as expected we could be one of the top teams this year.

Sturgis got a big foot for a small guy and kick 60+ yard field goals and kicks them out of the end zone on kickoffs from what I hear, Carpenter lost 2 games out right last year and that I imagine is not sitting right with the coaching staff. Sturgis in a landslide...

"Make it Rain Hell"

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2013 5:04 PM

RE: David Beckham 


Dude is an absolute legend and I'm not biased.......honest.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2013 8:49 PM

RE: David Beckham 


Joe Montanna is also a legend but all jokes aside I dont want him as my GM. Parcells was a great coach on the Giants when he was forced to play with the players picked for him. Again he had success in New England when the players were picked for him. Parcells was a great coach, not a great GM, or VP of Football Operations and we let him prove that here and somehow he got out of here without shouldering much of the blame. Instead Ross is blamed for running him off when you might say he pulled a Saban after he realized he was in over his head.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >