Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

I know ima catch heat for this but.......

Posted: 1/14/2013 2:47 PM

I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


shield.gifHas anybody noticed both NFC championship QB's were passed over by Miami for O-lineman??
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/14/2013 2:53 PM

RE: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


lol hide site is always 20/20
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/14/2013 3:01 PM

RE: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


I noticed that every team that won this weekend up up at least 30 points. Something we only did in only 2 games all season. 30 is the new 20 when it comes to points on the board you expect to win.
__________________________________________


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/14/2013 3:17 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


Heh.

Of course the players around the both of them could have something to do with that success, too.



Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/14/2013 3:24 PM

RE: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


yep was an offensive powerhouse weekend, All the QB play was exceptional something Tannehill has yet to display
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/14/2013 3:33 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 




---------------------------------------------
--- Marx8385 wrote:

Heh.

Of course the players around the both of them could have something to do with that success, too.



---------------------------------------------

Yeah tru. That's why we need to stop dumpster diving for playmakers. Going cheap all the time is the reason we're in this condition. Acorns can be good thing but I wouldn't base my future on it. That's like playing the lottery for retirement.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/14/2013 3:43 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 



rightNexact wrote: shield.gifHas anybody noticed both NFC championship QB's were passed over by Miami for O-lineman??

San Fran used three 1st rounders on OL in previous drafts before taking QB Kaepernick. Maybe thats why he is successful?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/14/2013 3:49 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


Every team playing this weekend, Pats, Denver, Baltimore, San Fran, Houston, Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta used 1st round picks on a LT

If you look at all the playoff teams NFC and AFC all the teams with the exception of 1 (Indy) used 1st round picks on LT's. Indy used a 1st rounder on a RT and traded for a LT drafted in the early 2nd round.

I think the difference is most those teams found a QB then built around him, which Miami tried to do the opposite for the last decade.

Last edited 1/14/2013 4:12 PM by TourDeForce

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/14/2013 4:13 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 




---------------------------------------------
--- TourDeForce wrote:

Every team playing this weekend, Pats, Denver, Baltimore, San Fran, Houston, Seattle, Green Bay (Atlanta the exception) used 1st round picks on a LT

---------------------------------------------

The only difference they atleast mix it up. They know the importance of early round playmakers.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/14/2013 8:40 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


They also have high draft picks and well picked FA's at the playmaking positions.  Yeah, the QB's played well over the weekend, but ALL those teams have way more weapons on offense than RTH has to throw to.  I remember arguing in here awhile ago about the importance of having a real good to franchise Starting QB.  They make the players around them better, more productive.  That is still true, but a franchise QB can only make players better to a point.  Those players have to have tangible skills to exploit and the skill positions have to have to be diverse in terms of those skills. 

Give RTH some weapons.  Period. 

"Make it Rain Hell"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/15/2013 1:14 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 



DantesDolfanInferno wrote:

They also have high draft picks and well picked FA's at the playmaking positions.  Yeah, the QB's played well over the weekend, but ALL those teams have way more weapons on offense than RTH has to throw to.  I remember arguing in here awhile ago about the importance of having a real good to franchise Starting QB.  They make the players around them better, more productive.  That is still true, but a franchise QB can only make players better to a point.  Those players have to have tangible skills to exploit and the skill positions have to have to be diverse in terms of those skills. 

Give RTH some weapons.  Period. 


Or give RTH a better running game and/or more time to throw the ball

Arizona, Detroit and the Eagles have some of the best "playmakers" in all the NFL and those teams suck.

If you think about it the idea of passing the football it has to do with time. Can a WR get to a spot on the field faster or does the QB have more time to throw it. I'll take more time over faster receiver anyday. Whats the point of Jeremy Mclain and Desean Jackson if the QB doesn't have time to throw it?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/15/2013 1:22 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 




---------------------------------------------
--- DantesDolfanInferno wrote:

They also have high draft picks and well picked FA's at the playmaking positions.  Yeah, the QB's played well over the weekend, but ALL those teams have way more weapons on offense than RTH has to throw to.  I remember arguing in here awhile ago about the importance of having a real good to franchise Starting QB.  They make the players around them better, more productive.  That is still true, but a franchise QB can only make players better to a point.  Those players have to have tangible skills to exploit and the skill positions have to have to be diverse in terms of those skills. 

Give RTH some weapons.  Period. 



---------------------------------------------

I agree 100%.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/15/2013 9:15 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 



TourDeForce wrote:
DantesDolfanInferno wrote:

They also have high draft picks and well picked FA's at the playmaking positions.  Yeah, the QB's played well over the weekend, but ALL those teams have way more weapons on offense than RTH has to throw to.  I remember arguing in here awhile ago about the importance of having a real good to franchise Starting QB.  They make the players around them better, more productive.  That is still true, but a franchise QB can only make players better to a point.  Those players have to have tangible skills to exploit and the skill positions have to have to be diverse in terms of those skills. 

Give RTH some weapons.  Period. 


Or give RTH a better running game and/or more time to throw the ball

Arizona, Detroit and the Eagles have some of the best "playmakers" in all the NFL and those teams suck.

If you think about it the idea of passing the football it has to do with time. Can a WR get to a spot on the field faster or does the QB have more time to throw it. I'll take more time over faster receiver anyday. Whats the point of Jeremy Mclain and Desean Jackson if the QB doesn't have time to throw it?
Tour, I agree those teams have weapons on the outside, and Stafford for Detroit had very solid numbers (too turnover prone though).  Detroits problem is they can't stop anyone on D and they turn the ball over ridiculously.  As for Arizona and Philly, look at who plays QB there.  Skelton, Kolb, and some kid.  Fitzgerald must be crying in a fetal position for having those scrubs passing to him.  Philly has Vick, who I never liked as a passing QB. Unlike Newton, RG3, Kapaernick, Wilson etc who are QB's that are athletic and can run, Vick is a RB being asked to throw the ball. Philly also couldn't stop anyone on D and turned the ball over way too much.  Arizona and Philly have playmakers who can't get the ball because they don't have QB's that can find the target.   

Now, I do agree that having a solid O-Line is real important in the success of the overall passing game.  Having said that, I don't think our O-line is nearly as putrid as the O-lines of the teams you pointed out.  Can there be improvement?  Absolutely.  No draft should ever neglect O-linemen, but I also don't think that at this stage in the teams development, they should draft O-linemen in the first few rounds of the draft.  Especially seeing how talent deficient we are on the outside. 

Bottom line is in order to be successful on offense a team needs a Very Good to franchise Starting QB, a strong O-line to protect that asset and give him time to go through progressions or let WR's get open, and skill players at WR and TE who can stretch the field catch the ball and create mismatches that exploits a defense.

"Make it Rain Hell"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 2:37 PM

Re: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 



DantesDolfanInferno wrote:
TourDeForce wrote:
DantesDolfanInferno wrote:

They also have high draft picks and well picked FA's at the playmaking positions.  Yeah, the QB's played well over the weekend, but ALL those teams have way more weapons on offense than RTH has to throw to.  I remember arguing in here awhile ago about the importance of having a real good to franchise Starting QB.  They make the players around them better, more productive.  That is still true, but a franchise QB can only make players better to a point.  Those players have to have tangible skills to exploit and the skill positions have to have to be diverse in terms of those skills. 

Give RTH some weapons.  Period. 


Or give RTH a better running game and/or more time to throw the ball

Arizona, Detroit and the Eagles have some of the best "playmakers" in all the NFL and those teams suck.

If you think about it the idea of passing the football it has to do with time. Can a WR get to a spot on the field faster or does the QB have more time to throw it. I'll take more time over faster receiver anyday. Whats the point of Jeremy Mclain and Desean Jackson if the QB doesn't have time to throw it?
Tour, I agree those teams have weapons on the outside, and Stafford for Detroit had very solid numbers (too turnover prone though).  Detroits problem is they can't stop anyone on D and they turn the ball over ridiculously.  As for Arizona and Philly, look at who plays QB there.  Skelton, Kolb, and some kid.  Fitzgerald must be crying in a fetal position for having those scrubs passing to him.  Philly has Vick, who I never liked as a passing QB. Unlike Newton, RG3, Kapaernick, Wilson etc who are QB's that are athletic and can run, Vick is a RB being asked to throw the ball. Philly also couldn't stop anyone on D and turned the ball over way too much.  Arizona and Philly have playmakers who can't get the ball because they don't have QB's that can find the target.   

Now, I do agree that having a solid O-Line is real important in the success of the overall passing game.  Having said that, I don't think our O-line is nearly as putrid as the O-lines of the teams you pointed out.  Can there be improvement?  Absolutely.  No draft should ever neglect O-linemen, but I also don't think that at this stage in the teams development, they should draft O-linemen in the first few rounds of the draft.  Especially seeing how talent deficient we are on the outside. 

Bottom line is in order to be successful on offense a team needs a Very Good to franchise Starting QB, a strong O-line to protect that asset and give him time to go through progressions or let WR's get open, and skill players at WR and TE who can stretch the field catch the ball and create mismatches that exploits a defense.
I agree. I want a WR and I almost think Miami needs a good pass catching TE more then WR. Both would ideal.

What I am saying is that every year in the draft there is a clear cut #1 WR and maybe 1 or 2 more clear cut WR prospects before you start getting into 2nd and 3rd round talent. Last year for example had Justin Blackmon and Micheal Floyd as the clear cut top 2 WR's. This year has some great depth at WR, but its late 1st to 3rd round talent. Nothing tells me that Miami should go WR at #12. Trade down or start loading up on WR's and TE's in the 2nd and 3rd. Absolutely!

So, lets pretend I'm right and Miami doesn't go WR in the 1st. That leaves the Phins looking elsewhere to improve the passing game, and no better place then OL. I think rushing the QB or protecting the QB should be the Phins priority with the 1st pick
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 2:43 PM

RE: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


I think you also have to consider a shut down corner if Milliner is there at 12 tho he probably wont
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 4:41 PM

RE: I know ima catch heat for this but....... 


Got to also remember QB WR CB have all been over drafted and gone before there time.

My thinking today is also OL but for somewhat different reason resign Long move him inside to guard where he should of been playing all alone, pickup Chance Warmack with the #12 for the other guard, and sign a half decent RT in FA move Martin to LT. Nothing opens up the passing lanes like a very good running game.

We would still need to pickup #1 receiver in FA, use the 4 remaining high picks to find a CB who can start, a TE who we can pair with Fasano, a receiver who could a least beat Bess out for #3 and get some yards after the catch/also would resign Hartline as #2 receiver and use the last of the high picks at DE or S.

With the 4th 5th and 2 7TH - we could reach for some longshots
Reply | Quote