Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Tannehill shows he isn't there

  • ColsSJD
  • Member
  • 287 posts this site

Posted: 12/2/2012 8:21 PM

Tannehill shows he isn't there 


OK folks.......Last week we were ready to annoit him as the real deal, Ryan Tannehill and this week he showed he is a rookie that the jury is still very much so out on. Tannehill didn't take the next step after his performance against Seattle. He failed today. He misfired on two possible TD passes to a wide open Hartline. He didn't make plays. He failed to move the ball. He fumbled and missed on throws all day long. He regressed backward. He is so far from Andrew Luck, RG3 and even Brandon Weeden. Weeden doesn't have much more offensive weapons but he has improved and he makes beter throws. Tannehill nope far from annoiting him the savior, the franchise QB we have been looking for. I don't so it. Too unsure and inconsistent. Jeff Ireland, you need to fire yourself. Your judge of talent is a joke. QB wise and Wide Receivers wise. How bad are we? BAD ENOUGH.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 8:29 PM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


Oh good greif.  The sky is falling again ...

"Make it Rain Hell"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 8:59 PM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


Holy Cannoli...did Tanny have a great game? nope. Was he the wrong pick? nope. Keep in mind people, that had our kicker made 3 field goals early in the season, Tanny would be a playoff QB in his ROOKIE year, without much of a receiving corps.

When a shaip is moving in the wrong direction, it can't stop and reverse direction on a dime. it takes time. We have made some major improvements since last year. we've been going in the wrong direction for a LONG time. i know we've been through our fair share of QBs since Marino, but give Tanny the confidence and time he deserves. He IS the real deal.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 9:00 PM

RE: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


cols i was their at game that was more WR that dont try get ball he throw to his arm so dont blame it on Tannehill
Cameron, Miami Dolphins resume talks over coaching job
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 10:39 PM

RE: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


You know guys, I can understand how people may feel frustrated specially after smelling playoffs at 4-2. The production of Tannehill in terms of TDs is not very good with 7 TDs in 11 games, and considering how good A Luck is looking and even RG3 will make many fans more desperate to see better stats in tannehill.

I was against sitting Tannehill for a year and let him learn from the bench as the best way to learn is to experience the real thing. As a fan I was prepared for the growing pains with Tannehill and even with Philbin(i have mixed feelings with this HC). With any playoff aspiration out of the way I believe that Philbin should focus on letting Tannehill be more aggressive. Next season the pressure will be even greater on Tannehill to perform better so he should use the rest of the season as a learning experience.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/3/2012 1:51 AM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


All the complaining in the world isn't going to change who we have at QB, The good news as opposed to years past is that with the cheaper contracts of these rookies it becomes more viable to draft a QB high if tannehill does fail.I won't write the book on him till year 3, He has done well in my book for a guy as raw as him starting at QB his rookie year.

I think some people had delusions of grandieur for him after he played pretty well early in the year. HE IS A ROOKIE! Hell even the Great Andrew Luck has just as many INTs as he does TD's.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/3/2012 6:52 AM

RE: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


Even though I'm not a Tannehill fan I do believe in giving QB's three years before officially giving them the bust label. I'm just really shocked he's not as athletic as I thought. How this guy played WR is beyond me. Makes me want to never draft a Big 12 CB if Tannehill can get 1000 yards receiving.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/3/2012 9:08 AM

RE: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


Let's put him out there at WR at practice and see if he's better suited there.
ΔΩΛΦΙΝΣ
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/3/2012 9:09 AM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 



Gonzorot wrote: All the complaining in the world isn't going to change who we have at QB, The good news as opposed to years past is that with the cheaper contracts of these rookies it becomes more viable to draft a QB high if tannehill does fail.I won't write the book on him till year 3, He has done well in my book for a guy as raw as him starting at QB his rookie year.

I think some people had delusions of grandieur for him after he played pretty well early in the year. HE IS A ROOKIE! Hell even the Great Andrew Luck has just as many INTs as he does TD's.
Yep and how many more TD's does Luck have over RT
ΔΩΛΦΙΝΣ
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/3/2012 9:16 AM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


Here's the problem with us and QBs.  We've been thru this so many times, the longer this goes...with each new coach / coaching staff and new QB, the shorter the leash.  The longer it goes, the less the patience.  Is it each of those QBs fault themselves?  No, but at the same time I can't blame the fanbase either.  I say if this keeps going in another 5-10 years a new QB on this team may have 3 quarters to prove themselves, and if they don't do well, in the 4th quarter of the game they'll actually be traded and a new QB will show up by the 2 minute warning.

It is what it is.



Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/3/2012 9:23 AM

RE: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


Great point and one I've made for a while about Tannehill.
Who plays "fast" on this team?
For a coach that uniquely emphasizes "playing fast" on offense our offensive personnel is littered with hesitant, guys that all have specific flaws.

Despite being 6'4" 223lbs and running a low 4.6 or high 4.5 40, Tannehill just doesn't  play "fast". I don't care if he's a rookie. Most of the time he plays stiff and slow.
The people that are willing to wait 3 years and give him the benefit of the doubt are also the people not wasting their money as season ticket holders to watch this type of play. 
Reggie Bush hesitates and does not play fast most of the time.
Fasano is a turtle. Bess has no deep speed. Hartline plays fast but is limited physically.
Thomas is just backup material.

Can Tannehill improve and start to move around better to extend plays and make timely runs?

There are immobile QB's that have had solid careers but their decision making and accuracy and the supporting cast made up for it.

Right now, that's not the case in Dolphin Land.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/3/2012 10:14 AM

RE: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


And the HC made mistakes too. Wake and Odrick were no on the field almost the entire final drive when the patriots were running the ball at will. Philbin reminds me of Sparano a lot in terms of not being able to make adjustments. He should have ordered the DC to put wake and Odrick back on the field.
I hate the patriots but admire the skills of Bellichick as a HC. When Tom Brady was bein pressured and contained, Bellicjick somehow found some weakness in our defense to ran the ball. I believe that Philbin lacks attntion to detail during game day and that is the cause why he does not know how to make adjustments.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/3/2012 10:25 AM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 




---------------------------------------------
--- Marx8385 wrote:

Here's the problem with us and QBs.  We've been thru this so many times, the longer this goes...with each new coach / coaching staff and new QB, the shorter the leash.  The longer it goes, the less the patience.  Is it each of those QBs fault themselves?  No, but at the same time I can't blame the fanbase either.  I say if this keeps going in another 5-10 years a new QB on this team may have 3 quarters to prove themselves, and if they don't do well, in the 4th quarter of the game they'll actually be traded and a new QB will show up by the 2 minute warning.

It is what it is.

---------------------------------------------

I agree with you Marx 100%. I am patiente for the most part, and we should give the players and coaches time. However, with some many fail experiments in QBs and HCs I can understabd the desperate fanbase. The truth is that any new QB or HC we may have in 3 or 4 years (if the Philbin/tannehill experiment fails) will have to make an impact quick or they will be on the hot seat fast.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/3/2012 1:16 PM

RE: Tannehill shows he isn't there 



FreeWanny wrote: Great point and one I've made for a while about Tannehill.
Who plays "fast" on this team?
For a coach that uniquely emphasizes "playing fast" on offense our offensive personnel is littered with hesitant, guys that all have specific flaws.

Despite being 6'4" 223lbs and running a low 4.6 or high 4.5 40, Tannehill just doesn't  play "fast". I don't care if he's a rookie. Most of the time he plays stiff and slow.
The people that are willing to wait 3 years and give him the benefit of the doubt are also the people not wasting their money as season ticket holders to watch this type of play. 
Reggie Bush hesitates and does not play fast most of the time.
Fasano is a turtle. Bess has no deep speed. Hartline plays fast but is limited physically.
Thomas is just backup material.

Can Tannehill improve and start to move around better to extend plays and make timely runs?

There are immobile QB's that have had solid careers but their decision making and accuracy and the supporting cast made up for it.

Right now, that's not the case in Dolphin Land.

I don't think Philbon meant playing fast, meaning can run fast. I think Philbon is looking for an uptempo style offense and players that can get into and out of the huddle, and can quickly diagnose a defense and get the play off quickly. New England has some of the slowest offensive players in the NFL, yet they play the highest tempo offense.

Everyone gets so fixated on speed. Philly has some of the fastest players on offense at almost every position then any team in the NFL, same for Oakland. I'm probably faster then Gronkowski, and Wes Welker is nothing special (though he is quick like Bess) in a foot race.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/3/2012 8:11 PM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


We'll never know how good Tannehill can be if we keep selecting skill players from the garbage bin.
Reply | Quote
  • mlb1399
  • Member
  • 1756 posts this site

Posted: 12/3/2012 8:54 PM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 



MiaFan1 wrote:
Gonzorot wrote: All the complaining in the world isn't going to change who we have at QB, The good news as opposed to years past is that with the cheaper contracts of these rookies it becomes more viable to draft a QB high if tannehill does fail.I won't write the book on him till year 3, He has done well in my book for a guy as raw as him starting at QB his rookie year.

I think some people had delusions of grandieur for him after he played pretty well early in the year. HE IS A ROOKIE! Hell even the Great Andrew Luck has just as many INTs as he does TD's.
Yep and how many more TD's does Luck have over RT

I know you're just responding the previous poster who commented about Andrew Luck's INT's but I've seen a lot of these comments lately.

Was there anyone on this planet, outside of Ryan and Lauren Tannehill, who thought RTH would be anywhere as ready as Andrew Luck?  Andrew Luck was probably the most polished and NFL ready QB in decades.

I know fans are impatient after a decade of bad decisions and bad teams but I think people just need to be patient.  RTH wasn't even supposed to be ready to play this year.  Unfortunately, we have to suffer through his growing pains.  If he's ever gonna develop into a franchise QB, this is exactly what he needs, experience.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/3/2012 9:44 PM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 



mlb1399 wrote:
MiaFan1 wrote:
Gonzorot wrote: All the complaining in the world isn't going to change who we have at QB, The good news as opposed to years past is that with the cheaper contracts of these rookies it becomes more viable to draft a QB high if tannehill does fail.I won't write the book on him till year 3, He has done well in my book for a guy as raw as him starting at QB his rookie year.

I think some people had delusions of grandieur for him after he played pretty well early in the year. HE IS A ROOKIE! Hell even the Great Andrew Luck has just as many INTs as he does TD's.
Yep and how many more TD's does Luck have over RT

I know you're just responding the previous poster who commented about Andrew Luck's INT's but I've seen a lot of these comments lately.

Was there anyone on this planet, outside of Ryan and Lauren Tannehill, who thought RTH would be anywhere as ready as Andrew Luck?  Andrew Luck was probably the most polished and NFL ready QB in decades.

I know fans are impatient after a decade of bad decisions and bad teams but I think people just need to be patient.  RTH wasn't even supposed to be ready to play this year.  Unfortunately, we have to suffer through his growing pains.  If he's ever gonna develop into a franchise QB, this is exactly what he needs, experience.
Well said,  Andrew Luck also throws the ball about 40 times a game to get all these TD's..

If you compare Tannehill to Luck its no contest right now, Im just saying for a 2 year starter at QB in college coming into the NFL and playing from game 1.. He is doing pretty good,
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/3/2012 11:10 PM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 


I still am on board with Tannehill being a  good QB eventually as he grows, But damn just watching RG3 demolish and look unstoppable against the giants defense  infuriates me..

I don't think you will see another complete QB like RG3 in a Loonnngg time and if we put our chips and didn't take no we could have had him..

I have to admit the Redskins are running an absolutely perfect offense for him, Im certain he would not be doing as well if we had him but i still think he would be solid.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 1:37 AM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 




---------------------------------------------
--- Gonzorot wrote:

I still am on board with Tannehill being a  good QB eventually as he grows, But damn just watching RG3 demolish and look unstoppable against the giants defense  infuriates me..

I don't think you will see another complete QB like RG3 in a Loonnngg time and if we put our chips and didn't take no we could have had him..

I have to admit the Redskins are running an absolutely perfect offense for him, Im certain he would not be doing as well if we had him but i still think he would be solid.

---------------------------------------------

Gonzo, you just have to let it go. I know we disagree on RG3 and time will tell. Cam Newton looked unstoppable as well last year and so other run first QBs. You say that RG3 demolished the Giants with 163 passing yards and only 13 completions, and 17 points. The redskins defense was the reason they won tonight. They stooped Manning when it mattered the most...something our defense did not do against Brady....otherwise Tannehill would have demolished the patriots with almost similar stats to RG3.

I can tell you this with a straight face...RG3 will NEVER EVER win a Super Bowl and his career will start fading in a couple of seasons. The dolphins did the right thing to not trade the farm for a run first QB.

Tannehill may very well be a bust but at least we have our draft picks to fill our needs (if Ireland can get it done).
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 6:28 AM

Re: Tannehill shows he isn't there 




---------------------------------------------
--- TheNewJen wrote:



---------------------------------------------
--- Gonzorot wrote:

I still am on board with Tannehill being a  good QB eventually as he grows, But damn just watching RG3 demolish and look unstoppable against the giants defense  infuriates me..

I don't think you will see another complete QB like RG3 in a Loonnngg time and if we put our chips and didn't take no we could have had him..

I have to admit the Redskins are running an absolutely perfect offense for him, Im certain he would not be doing as well if we had him but i still think he would be solid.

---------------------------------------------

Gonzo, you just have to let it go. I know we disagree on RG3 and time will tell. Cam Newton looked unstoppable as well last year and so other run first QBs. You say that RG3 demolished the Giants with 163 passing yards and only 13 completions, and 17 points. The redskins defense was the reason they won tonight. They stooped Manning when it mattered the most...something our defense did not do against Brady....otherwise Tannehill would have demolished the patriots with almost similar stats to RG3.

I can tell you this with a straight face...RG3 will NEVER EVER win a Super Bowl and his career will start fading in a couple of seasons. The dolphins did the right thing to not trade the farm for a run first QB.

Tannehill may very well be a bust but at least we have our draft picks to fill our needs (if Ireland can get it done).

---------------------------------------------
Horse poop. RGIII is deadly accurate and extremely intelligent. Anyone who compares RGIII to any other athletic QB has not done their homework. There is no one to compare him too because there has never been anyone like him. Miami should have done whatever it took to get the #2 pick.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >