Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

2014 Baseball Schedule

Posted: 8/21/2013 8:59 AM

2014 Baseball Schedule 


02/14/14 TBD (Ohio St./UConn/Indiana St.) Port Charlotte, Fla. TBA

02/15/14 TBD (Ohio St./UConn/Indiana St.) Port Charlotte, Fla. TBA

02/16/14 TBD (Ohio St./UConn/Indiana St.) Port Charlotte, Fla. TBA

02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

Tiger Classic

02/21/14 TBD (ETSU/California/Ark.-Pine Bluff) Auburn, Ala. TBA

02/22/14 TBD (ETSU/California/Ark.-Pine Bluff) Auburn, Ala. TBA

02/23/14 TBD (ETSU/California/Ark.-Pine Bluff) Auburn, Ala. TBA

02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

02/28/14 vs. Presbyterian Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

03/01/14 vs. Presbyterian Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

03/02/14 vs. Presbyterian Auburn, Ala. 1:00 PM CT

03/04/14 vs. Alabama (Capital City Classic) Montgomery, Ala. 7:00 PM CT

03/07/14 vs. Mercer Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

03/08/14 vs. Mercer Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

03/09/14 vs. Mercer Auburn, Ala. 1:00 PM CT

03/11/14 at Kennesaw State Kennesaw, Ga. 5:00 PM CT

03/14/14 vs. Texas A&M * Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

03/15/14 vs. Texas A&M * Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

03/16/14 vs. Texas A&M * Auburn, Ala. 1:00 PM CT

03/18/14 vs. Coppin State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

03/19/14 vs. Coppin State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

03/21/14 at Tennessee * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA

03/22/14 at Tennessee * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA

03/23/14 at Tennessee * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA

03/25/14 vs. Kennesaw State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

03/28/14 vs. Missouri * Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

03/29/14 vs. Missouri * Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

03/30/14 vs. Missouri * Auburn, Ala. 1:00 PM CT

04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

04/04/14 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss. TBA

04/05/14 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss. TBA

04/06/14 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss. TBA

04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

04/11/14 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA

04/12/14 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA

04/13/14 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA

04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA

04/18/14 vs. South Carolina * Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

04/19/14 vs. South Carolina * Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

04/20/14 vs. South Carolina * Auburn, Ala. 1:00 PM CT

04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

04/25/14 at Arkansas * Fayetteville, Ark. TBA

04/26/14 at Arkansas * Fayetteville, Ark. TBA

04/27/14 at Arkansas * Fayetteville, Ark. TBA

05/02/14 vs. Mississippi State * Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

05/03/14 vs. Mississippi State * Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT

05/04/14 vs. Mississippi State * Auburn, Ala. 1:00 PM CT

05/06/14 vs. Bethune Cookman Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

05/09/14 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. TBA

05/10/14 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. TBA

05/11/14 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. TBA

05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

05/15/14 vs. LSU * Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

05/16/14 vs. LSU * Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT

05/17/14 vs. LSU * Auburn, Ala. 1:00 PM CT

SEC Tournament

05/20/14 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

05/21/14 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

05/22/14 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

05/23/14 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

05/24/14 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

05/25/14 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

NCAA Tournament

05/30/14 NCAA Regionals TBA TBA

05/31/14 NCAA Regionals TBA TBA

06/01/14 NCAA Regionals TBA TBA

06/02/14 NCAA Regionals TBA TBA

06/06/14 NCAA Super Regionals TBA TBA

06/07/14 NCAA Super Regionals TBA TBA

06/08/14 NCAA Super Regionals TBA TBA

06/09/14 NCAA Super Regionals TBA TBA

06/14/14 College World Series Omaha, Neb.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2013 2:51 PM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 


I really like that schedule.  There are some good things with it. 

UAB and USA are back this year. 

We play Mercer in a 3 game Schedule here.  Mercer has been a good team the last couple of years and are too close to us to not play at least once during the year.

I like opening on the road with a round robin with some interesting teams.  Ohio St-UCONN-Indiana St

We bring in Cal to our tournament along with ETSU-Ark-Pine Bluff.

We do not play UF or Vandy on the East.  Or UGA.

We do play UK, UT and Missouri from the East along with USC

Saint Tiger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2013 8:25 AM

RE: 2014 Baseball Schedule 


Just told the wife, our Valentines day/weekend plans are set..LOL

Opening tourney almost close enough for us to drive back n forth each day.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2013 1:56 PM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 



MarkMurphy wrote:
02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA
04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT


ohlord
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2013 9:27 PM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 



ACasualObserver wrote:
MarkMurphy wrote:
02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA
04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT


ohlord

Why is the head being shaking at those 8 games there is nothing wrong with playing those.  Even if you have a problem with Alabama St and Alabama A&M that is only 3 games.

USA almost hosted last year and Troy and Samford are usually Top 100 RPI teams.

Saint Tiger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2013 4:45 PM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 



tigerterrace wrote:
ACasualObserver wrote:
MarkMurphy wrote:
02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA
04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT


ohlord

Why is the head being shaking at those 8 games there is nothing wrong with playing those.  Even if you have a problem with Alabama St and Alabama A&M that is only 3 games.

USA almost hosted last year and Troy and Samford are usually Top 100 RPI teams.
Because we don't need to give them any credibility.  If we lose to them it hurts us more than it helps them.  And if we beat them it helps us even less.  There is a reason we don't play these teams in football.  We shouldn't play these teams in basketball or baseball either.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2013 7:09 PM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 


Nonsense. Totally different in baseball and basketball.
ACasualObserver wrote:
tigerterrace wrote:
ACasualObserver wrote:
MarkMurphy wrote:
02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA
04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT


ohlord

Why is the head being shaking at those 8 games there is nothing wrong with playing those.  Even if you have a problem with Alabama St and Alabama A&M that is only 3 games.

USA almost hosted last year and Troy and Samford are usually Top 100 RPI teams.
Because we don't need to give them any credibility.  If we lose to them it hurts us more than it helps them.  And if we beat them it helps us even less.  There is a reason we don't play these teams in football.  We shouldn't play these teams in basketball or baseball either.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2013 7:42 AM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 



audrum1 wrote: Nonsense. Totally different in baseball and basketball.
ACasualObserver wrote:
tigerterrace wrote:
ACasualObserver wrote:
MarkMurphy wrote:
02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA
04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT


ohlord

Why is the head being shaking at those 8 games there is nothing wrong with playing those.  Even if you have a problem with Alabama St and Alabama A&M that is only 3 games.

USA almost hosted last year and Troy and Samford are usually Top 100 RPI teams.
Because we don't need to give them any credibility.  If we lose to them it hurts us more than it helps them.  And if we beat them it helps us even less.  There is a reason we don't play these teams in football.  We shouldn't play these teams in basketball or baseball either.
So how did losing to Kennesaw State do for us last year?  Winning that game would have helped up a tiny bit get a postseason bid.  But losing slammed the door in our face.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/24/2013 8:36 AM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 


News Flash: The SEC is the top conference in the nation and EVERYONE plays teams like this. Samford, Troy, and South Alabama is actually pretty good. You don't know your college baseball. Florida lost all 3 games in a series vs. Florida Gulf Coast. 
ACasualObserver wrote:
MarkMurphy wrote:
02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA
04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT


ohlord
                        SEC CHAMPIONS

Last edited 8/26/2013 12:46 PM by AUstorms

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2013 4:58 PM

RE: 2014 Baseball Schedule 


I like the way the SEC sched. opens up. A real chance to get off to a good start, if can hold serve at home vs A&M. Although I expect Vols to be improved, still about best you can hope for as a road SEC opening series.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/24/2013 9:39 PM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 



ACasualObserver wrote:
audrum1 wrote: Nonsense. Totally different in baseball and basketball.
ACasualObserver wrote:
tigerterrace wrote:
ACasualObserver wrote:
MarkMurphy wrote:
02/19/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
02/25/14 vs. Alabama A&M Auburn, Ala. 3:00 PM CT
03/26/14 vs. Alabama State Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/01/14 vs. Samford Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/08/14 vs. Troy Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
04/15/14 at Samford Birmingham, Ala. TBA
04/22/14 vs. South Alabama Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT
05/13/14 vs. UAB Auburn, Ala. 6:00 PM CT


ohlord

Why is the head being shaking at those 8 games there is nothing wrong with playing those.  Even if you have a problem with Alabama St and Alabama A&M that is only 3 games.

USA almost hosted last year and Troy and Samford are usually Top 100 RPI teams.
Because we don't need to give them any credibility.  If we lose to them it hurts us more than it helps them.  And if we beat them it helps us even less.  There is a reason we don't play these teams in football.  We shouldn't play these teams in basketball or baseball either.
So how did losing to Kennesaw State do for us last year?  Winning that game would have helped up a tiny bit get a postseason bid.  But losing slammed the door in our face.
Our getting in had nothing to do with splitting the series with KSU.  In fact I would venture to say that losing 2 out of 3 at Missouri was a bigger deal, because it would have been one more overall win and one more conference win.

Saint Tiger

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2013 7:27 AM

Re: 2014 Baseball Schedule 


I like the coach at Bama St.  I think he is going to do well there and have them in the tourney soon.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/26/2013 2:55 PM

'14 Baseball Schedule 


thumbdown.GIFhofselectionprocess.GIFBS.GIFdoh.GIF

03/11/14 at Kennesaw State Kennesaw, Ga. 5:00 PM CT

disbelief eek1noideaohlordbanghead

1893  1897  1900  1904  1910  1913  1914  1932  1957  1958  1983  1993  2004  2010

Reply | Quote