Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

5 Taliban for a POW

Posted: 6/1/2014 8:20 AM

5 Taliban for a POW 


Do you like this swap? Was this a good negotiated deal? Worth the risk?

www.thedailybeast.com/articles...fghanistan.html
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/1/2014 8:36 AM

5 Taliban 


More about the five Gitmo detainees:

www.washingtonpost.com/world/f...ry.html?hpid=z1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/1/2014 10:42 PM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


From what I've read, Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was a deserter who, through his traitorous actions, brought about the deaths of at least six brave solders in his unit, along with others, in the search for his sorry butt. So, the White House traded five jihad terrorist scumbags, who should have already been taking dirt naps, for one low-life deserter. Does that sound right?

And what's up with not informing Congress 30 days before the exchange like the law states? Another "At this point, what difference does it make," moment I guess.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 6:51 AM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


The media has downplayed the circumstances of his wandering off five years back, from what I have seen. It would be interesting to know whether the family garnered support from a big political donor. From a negotiation perspective, if one negotiates at all, it seemed like an uneven trade, as if our opposition had the upper hand in the deal. Hard to be proud of this move.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 11:26 AM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/3/2014 11:54 AM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 



JCat32 wrote:  . So, the White House traded five jihad terrorist scumbags, who should have already been taking dirt naps, for one low-life deserter. Does that sound right?

 
If you're a jihad terrorist scumbag, which option will postpone your dirt nap longer--safe and comfy Guantanamo or Afghanistan, drone-target capital of the world.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/3/2014 12:09 PM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 



djkycat wrote:
JCat32 wrote:  . So, the White House traded five jihad terrorist scumbags, who should have already been taking dirt naps, for one low-life deserter. Does that sound right?

 
If you're a jihad terrorist scumbag, which option will postpone your dirt nap longer--safe and comfy Guantanamo or Afghanistan, drone-target capital of the world.

Maybe a  better question, which option has the potential to get more American troops killed?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 1:16 AM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


I need to read more about it, but I don't like negotiating with terrorists for anything. May send a bad precedent. But I certainly feel good for this guy's family and loved ones if it helped save his life.
-----
Jeff Drummond
Publisher, AllWildcats.com
FOX Sports Next

JDrumUK@gmail.com
Twitter: JDrumUK



Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/4/2014 11:41 AM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


From someone with 21 years of active duty, this sums up my opinion exactly. He put himself into this situation, he should have lived with the decision...jmho.

Obama should be investigated, Watergate style!


---------------------------------------------
--- JCat32 wrote:

From what I've read, Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was a deserter who, through his traitorous actions, brought about the deaths of at least six brave solders in his unit, along with others, in the search for his sorry butt. So, the White House traded five jihad terrorist scumbags, who should have already been taking dirt naps, for one low-life deserter. Does that sound right?

And what's up with not informing Congress 30 days before the exchange like the law states? Another "At this point, what difference does it make," moment I guess.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 6:34 PM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


before freeing the terrorists, they should have put them "under" and implanted a chip in their bodies....then sent a drone hunting for them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 7:49 PM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


He served with "honor and distinction" according to ... wait for it ... Susan Rice.

www.nytimes.com/2014/06/07/wor...gdahl.html?_r=0

Last edited 6/6/2014 7:49 PM by Badinage

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2014 11:56 PM

Re: 5 Taliban for a POW 


Do not tell everyone.
ram1958 wrote: before freeing the terrorists, they should have put them "under" and implanted a chip in their bodies....then sent a drone hunting for them.
Reply | Quote