Posted: 1/12/2008 11:39 AM
KENTUCKY SPORTS REPORT MESSAGE BOARD RULES AND GUIDELINES
KENTUCKY SPORTS REPORT MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Kentucky Sports Report (KSR) is to deliver the most accurate, up-to-date coverage of the University of Kentucky sports programs available anywhere. KSR offers both a first-class monthly magazine focused on Kentucky sports and a family-friendly (PG-13) website featuring the very latest in articles and commentary by acclaimed sports reporters. Fun, exciting discussions of news and views are available at the various KSR website discussion boards and live chat area, where informed fans of Kentucky sports and visitors come together to learn all the latest news and to share ideas with enthusiastic U.K. fans.
KSR Rules of Decorum:
1. RESPECT:Members are obligated to maintain a respectful demeanor and tone in all posts toward each other, the University of Kentucky, its sports programs, administration, coaching staffs and student-athletes at all times.
2. REMOVAL OF POSTS:
A.Posts containing any of the following will be removed or edited on sight:
1. Personal Attacks or bashing of the University of Kentucky, its sports programs, administration, coaching staffs, student-athletes or potential student-athletes (recruits). (see Glossary of Terms below for definition of "bashing")
2. Posts that are in violation of NCAA Rules Compliance guidelines.
3. Inappropriate, vulgar or foul language, including acronyms for such language.
4. Masked inappropriate language (words containing alternate characters, etc.).
5. Posts referring to banned users or deleted posts. Questions or complaints pertaining to actions by the moderators should be submitted to an administrator or moderator by using the private messaging function of this website or by email only and not posted in any of the Discussion Forums.
6. Harmful personal rumors or unsubstantiated content.
7. Posts that are flaming or baiting in nature. (see Glossary of Terms below for definitions of "baiting" and "flaming")
8. Obscene or pornographic photos and/or graphics, or links to the same, will be immediately removed and may result in permanent loss of posting privileges.
9. Smilies or icons containing graphic violence or obscene gesturing.
10. Complete reproductions of copyrighted materials (articles or pictures); however, links to copyrighted materials are permitted.
11. Promotion of websites competitive to KSR, advertisements, chain letters and pyramid schemes. Self-promotion of one's business, whether profit or non-profit and personal website solicitations are prohibited unless pre-approved by KSR administration.
B. Posts containing any of the following will be subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators:
1. Photos or graphics of inappropriate or irrelevant subject matter.
2. Links to other sports sites that are irrelevant to the subject matter or are in violation of any other KSR Participation Rule of Decorum.
3. Links to other message boards are discouraged and are apt to be removed.
3. AGENDA POSTS: Agenda Posting will not be tolerated. (see Glossary of Terms for definition of "Agenda Posting")
4. FLY-BY POSTS: Fly-by Posting will not be tolerated.(see Glossary of Terms for definition of "Fly-by Posting")
5. IMPERSONATION: Masquerading as other users or using another poster's login is not allowed. Maintaining multiple user logins is discouraged.
6. OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOR: All posters are required to refrain from posting any information that they know to be false and/or defamatory, slanderous, intentionally inaccurate, rude, offensive, hateful, obscene, irreverent, sexually oriented, harassing, menacing, invasive of a person's privacy, or in any way in violation of any law. Such behavior will result in immediate and permanent loss of access to the site.
7. RIVAL FANS: While rival fans are welcome and encouraged to participate on the KSR forums they must keep in mind that this is a website for Kentucky Wildcats fans. Rival guests are required to abide by the rules and guidelines of this internet community and engage in respectful, civil discussion. Failure to comply will result in immediate banning from participation on all KSR message boards.
8. REVEALING OF IDENTITY: KSR shall maintain the right to reveal the identity of any member, and any information we may have on file about the member, should it become necessary in the event of a complaint or legal action or in order to cooperate in an investigation of possible NCAA compliance violations resulting from a message or messages posted by the member.
9. SIGNATURES: While signatures are allowed, they must conform to full compliance with all KSR Participation Rules of Decorum. Do not quote other members in order to humiliate, embarrass, ridicule or disrespect them. No embedded audio/video, large or moving text or pictures are allowed. KSR reserves the right to temporarily ban any user whose signature interferes with the operation or readability of the message boards due to the number and/or size of images or text until the signature is removed from the member's profile.
10. SOLE DISCRETION: KSR administrators and moderators have the right to delete or edit any post at any time at their sole discretion and for any reason, or no reason whatsoever, if they deem the post to be in violation of any Rule of Decorum, or if they consider the post to fall outside the desired "character" of our message board culture.
11. DISCLAIMER: Kentucky Sports Report makes no guarantees, whether written or implied, as to the correctness, usefulness or comprehensiveness of the content of any post and assumes no responsibility or liability, including slander and libel, for said content.
KSR Participation Guidelines:
1. Kentucky Sports Report is a PG rated site.
2. Kentucky Sports Report is a private enterprise. Membership at KSR is a privilege, not a right. Participation in this site is completely voluntary. The rules and guidelines are clear and censorship exists on the Discussion Forums. Abide by the rules and guidelines and you will not be disappointed.
3. By accessing content, reading or posting messages in any component of KSR, you agree to be bound by all rules and guidelines that govern this online community. Please do not complain about censorship. Free speech prerogative is second in priority to the personal preferences of the persons who devote time and energy to maintaining this website.
4. All members, including premium content subscribers, are required to abide by the rules and guidelines contained in the Moderation Criteria. Repeated disregard for any rules or guidelines will result in suspension of posting privileges.
5. We are a diverse community with thousands of members. All members must be responsible for their own behavior and are encouraged to promote civility and endorse compliance of the Participation Rules of Decorum among the membership.
6. Opinions are what this community is all about. Please express them in the spirit of polite, respectful, courteous, well-mannered and civilized exchanges of thought. Keep in mind that real people with feelings reside behind each handle. Think before you type. If you would not say it to a person face-to-face, it is not appropriate to put in a post.
7. New threads should be created within the Discussion Forum that pertains to the subject matter of the thread. Likewise, a post should have a relevant existence within a thread and should correlate with the topic being discussed.
8. Posting of the addresses, phone numbers or personal information of other members on the message boards is strictly prohibited.
9. The KSR message boards operate in real time. Although the majority of the time we have at least one moderator online to monitor the posts, it is impossible to review and confirm the validity of every post's content without delay; therefore, while the administrators and moderators will make every effort to edit or delete inappropriate posts, KSR shall not be held responsible or liable for the correctness, usefulness, comprehensiveness or any exposed agenda in relation to any post contained in any of the Discussion Forums.
10. The process for moderating this site is manual. Objectionable material, content and graphics will be removed as soon as it is discovered. KSR will endeavor to make certain this happens within a reasonable amount of time. If you see objectionable content on the message boards, please email or send a private message immediately to an administrator or moderator with a link to the post.
11. The posts contained on any of the Discussion Forums are the expressed views of the authors of the messages and not necessarily those of Kentucky Sports Report. Members maintain sole responsibility for the content of their posts and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Kentucky Sports Report, Scout, and the employees, agents or representatives of each in regard to any claim or suit resulting from the transmission of any messages posted on KSR Discussion Forums.
12. Members are requested to notify our administrators or moderators if they are aware of violations of federal law, NCAA Compliance or KSR rules and guidelines in relation to participation in this website.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Agenda Posting - To post on a repetitive subject matter in a style that suggests a personal, organized plan to persuade others to agree with a certain line of thought, action or opinion with a goal toward creating controversy or disagreement and without attempt to logically discuss the viewpoint put forth.
Baiting - Posts intended to provoke, harass, or torment others with the sole objective being to entice, allure, or tempt another poster to reply in a negative or defensive manner.
Bashing - Posts whose sole intent is to embarrass, humiliate, disgrace, put down, mortify or give cause for a person to feel uncomfortable or self-conscious. A personal attack.
Flaming - A combination of "baiting" and "bashing".
Fly-by Posting - To make a controversial post with no intention to reply, debate or defend one's position; but simply with a purpose to bait, bash, flame or provoke argument.
We hope you enjoy your stay here. Make it a good one.
Last edited 5/26/2008 8:42 AM by PJ4UK
Copyright © 2013
and Scout.com. All rights reserved. This website is an unofficial independent source of news and information, and is not affiliated with any school, team, or league.
MSN PrivacyLegalAdvertise on MSNAbout our adsRSS
© 2012 Microsoft|