Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

The Cards are already trouble

Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 7:30 AM

The Cards are already trouble 


Petrino is [EDIT: a dog]. I'm still shocked they hired him.

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-d...-210233003.html

Last edited 8/24/2014 9:34 PM by JDrum

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 5:02 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


A lot of UL fans have never heard the expression, 'be careful what you wish for'.
The sleeping giant is awakening.  

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 6:38 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


They are also all bent out of shape about the new ESPN power rankings. They have the mighty cards at number 50 and UK at 55. They act as if they have just dominated us for years and years and it really hasnt any competion for them. They also seem to think that just becasue they have won the last few that we will not be able to compete with them and harely petrino going forward. I think they could be in for a rude awakening when we play them.
The talent gap(advantage) they had from strong vs joker recruiting has been erased(imo). I think the talent gap is very close to even this year and next year i think we move past them. Petrino has not/will not be able to keep up with CMS on the recruiting trail and that is mainly due to the fact that he has not changed and is still a jerk, just as the article says. Therefore i think we will see UK in the drivers seat of this series starting as early as this year.

I know its early and injuries will certainly play a factor in the game, but i think we match up really well with them.
I BLEED BLUE
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 7:03 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


I do not think the talent gap has been erased. When you view skill and experience, their offense far eclipses UK's offense. I think the defenses may be similar in talent. Next year, I think will be different.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:12 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 



Badinage wrote: I do not think the talent gap has been erased. When you view skill and experience, their offense far eclipses UK's offense. I think the defenses may be similar in talent. Next year, I think will be different.

The talent gap may not be erased, but I do believe it has been closed considerably with the past two recruiting classes. We may be a little short on experience, but I do truly believe that our skill positions are as good as they have been in several years, albeit young and inexperienced, there is a plethora of talent at RB, WR and QB.

The biggest area of concern I believe for everyone is LB, that is where we are going to have the biggest question mark on the field until someone steps up and proves they can fill Avery Williamson's shoes. I believe offensively this team is going to surprise and shock a whole lot of folks this season, If the D can hold their own and get off the field on 3rd downs and give this offense a chance to perform at a level that we all think they can, then this could be a pretty nice season for the CATS and the BBN.
STOOPS' TROOPS!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:52 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


I think the main difference on offense is experience. UK has a great deal of potential at the skill positions. UL has proven talent. By the end of the year it should be interesting. Next year, the table on experience and potential will be turned.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 10:04 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 



BIGBLUEQ wrote:
Badinage wrote: I do not think the talent gap has been erased. When you view skill and experience, their offense far eclipses UK's offense. I think the defenses may be similar in talent. Next year, I think will be different.

The talent gap may not be erased, but I do believe it has been closed considerably with the past two recruiting classes. We may be a little short on experience, but I do truly believe that our skill positions are as good as they have been in several years, albeit young and inexperienced, there is a plethora of talent at RB, WR and QB.

The biggest area of concern I believe for everyone is LB, that is where we are going to have the biggest question mark on the field until someone steps up and proves they can fill Avery Williamson's shoes. I believe offensively this team is going to surprise and shock a whole lot of folks this season, If the D can hold their own and get off the field on 3rd downs and give this offense a chance to perform at a level that we all think they can, then this could be a pretty nice season for the CATS and the BBN.
I think the defense will end up being pretty solid this year. I worry about the LBers in coverage but think they will do pretty good against the run. If this team gains some confidence early on I think they could have a pretty good year. Injuries are what concern me the most about this years team, particularly to some of the main cogs on the defense.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 11:49 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Looking forward to seeing how UL does this Fall.  You don't bring in a guy like Bobby without a little bit of controversy.  A lot of good coaches just have an A-hole mentality, some people just can't handle it.  Really can't complain too much as I love the offensive executions of his teams with the cut throat mentality and running up the score is not frowned upon in my book regardless of the team that does it.  The only complaint that I've got with Bobby is I wish his defenses were more hard core like his offenses by playin dirty.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/20/2014 9:14 AM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 



CatFansince73 wrote: A lot of UL fans have never heard the expression, 'be careful what you wish for'.
If you look back at my postings, not one time was I excited that he came back.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/20/2014 11:10 AM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Their hiring Petrino was as predictable as the sun coming up in the east. Some of us saw it coming as little as two years ago when there was talk of charlie strong being a hot commodity.  All one had to do was look at Jurich's track record of hiring the coaches he believed would afford ul the best opportunity to put a winning team on the field, floor, etc...

Personally I have no problem with the hire as I believe if what he produces results in talented kids wanting to play for ul; results in wins; and keeps the team eligible for and in bowls.  If he can't do those things,  his employment will be discontinued.  Some will question his bringing in "less desireable" kids for the program.  Again, that's only a problem if it results in the team failing to meet the aforementioned standards. Otherwise, why would it be a problem?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/20/2014 4:00 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Sounds like another one of their offensive linemen just left the team, making four from the '12 and '13 classes.  That has to hurt their depth at least.
The sleeping giant is awakening.  

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/20/2014 9:25 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Ill start by sAying that i was previously posting under KingRexchapman but for some reason i have had trouble logging in for several days so i started a new one.

I agree 100% when experience is factored in. I was mainly referring to how our recruiting classes under CMS have surpassed strong and harley. Our problem is youth, not lack of talent.
I also agree that their offense will be better than UK's but i feel our Defense will be better. I think they will struggle some on defense this year.
People seem to think that Will Gardner will just light it up this year and while i do think he will have a solid year, i see him going through some growing pains in the ACC. I dont think it will come as easy as some predict.
The Cards have a few crucial question marks to answer just as we do.
---------------------------------------------
--- Badinage wrote:

I do not think the talent gap has been erased. When you view skill and experience, their offense far eclipses UK's offense. I think the defenses may be similar in talent. Next year, I think will be different.

---------------------------------------------
I BLEED BLUE

Last edited 8/20/2014 9:28 PM by BlueDeuce2

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 11:32 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Did D Parker get hurt?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 11:37 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Yes he did. Reports are saying he injured his left foot. He is out for the first game against Miami (FL).

Patrick Loney
AllWildcats.com Football Recruiting Writer
@PatrickLoney
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 7:19 AM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


That sucks for him. He is one of the best football players/athletes to come out of Kentcuky. Hate to see any kid, especially one who is reportedly a good guy, pass on the NFL and then face an injury. Hope he is back soon.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 7:59 AM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Saw on another board that he is going to NC for a second opinion-that doesn't sound good. Hope he can get back, he is a fine player. Another posted what a good kid he is too.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 8:09 AM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


I watched him play basketball at Ballard. Coach Renner really teaches discipline. Parker would have a huge breakaway dunk and then just turn and run up the floor. No showboat. I also know fellas who played with him who say he is a good guy. And, he is fun to watch.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:20 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Talked to my son who is in med school at UK.  He said that they probably want to clear him.  That means (I guess) that they want to be absolutely sure he is ok before they put stress on the foot.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:28 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


^^ hope that is right and that they make the best decision for Parker. BP does not have a good rep when it comes to player injuries. But, UL's WR corps is deep. They can afford to miss him for a few games if that is medically best.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:46 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


While I hope your son is correct, the injury reportedly happened on Friday. The immediate call for a trip to NC leads me to wonder whether it is more serious than just a second opinion to get him back on the field. This appears to be an acute injury, rather than a chronic irritation. But, I hope your son is right.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:50 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


I've seen a few tweets that suggest it could be a stress fracture. If that is true, he be out for the entire season.

Patrick Loney
AllWildcats.com Football Recruiting Writer
@PatrickLoney
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 5:27 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 



Badinage wrote: While I hope your son is correct, the injury reportedly happened on Friday. The immediate call for a trip to NC leads me to wonder whether it is more serious than just a second opinion to get him back on the field. This appears to be an acute injury, rather than a chronic irritation. But, I hope your son is right.
Yeah, my fear is that he's played his last game for UL.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2014 5:09 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


The question that is begging to be asked is how many games would UK win in the ACC playing UL's schedule?  How many games would UL win in the SEC?  UL wouldn't win 9 games their first year in the SEC but I don't see UK winning 8 or 9 games in the ACC.  I can see UL going 7-5 in the SEC (they beat an incompetent Florida team) and UK going about 6-6 in the ACC.  UL has had a lot more success in football these past 10 years even if they are not beating anybody to get to a sugar bowl.  UL would have an awfully good chance at taking down Tennessee too.

The SEC is a meat grinder....yada....yada...yada.... but Missouri disproved that myth last year.  Its the hardest conference but I don't think there is really that much of a difference between this conference and the next.

Last edited 8/24/2014 5:49 PM by Bigbluesea90

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2014 5:43 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


I find those are ridiculous questions that usually only serve to bait. Stoops is recruiting and preparing the Cats very well. The momentum for UK is great. New complexes add to the excitement. UK will never play in the ACC and UL will never play an SEC schedule.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2014 6:06 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 



Badinage wrote: I find those are ridiculous questions that usually only serve to bait. Stoops is recruiting and preparing the Cats very well. The momentum for UK is great. New complexes add to the excitement. UK will never play in the ACC and UL will never play an SEC schedule.
I don't think its that ridiculous of a comparison.  Boston College and Syracuse are on the same level as Teneessee and Miss State.  Miami is very similar but a little bit better than Florida.  Wake Forest almost mirrors Kentucky.

Last edited 8/24/2014 6:07 PM by Bigbluesea90

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2014 6:57 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


I guess UL fans who worry about the ACC being annually ranked fifth out of the power five like to have this subjective baiting debate. I get it. But, it serves no one on game week.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2014 9:44 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 





---------------------------------------------
--- Bigbluesea90 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing how UL does this Fall.  You don't bring in a guy like Bobby without a little bit of controversy.  A lot of good coaches just have an A-hole mentality, some people just can't handle it.  Really can't complain too much as I love the offensive executions of his teams with the cut throat mentality and running up the score is not frowned upon in my book regardless of the team that does it.  The only complaint that I've got with Bobby is I wish his defenses were more hard core like his offenses by playin dirty.

---------------------------------------------

You love UL/Bobby. You think UK is and will forever be garbage. That's consistently your message. We get that, so there's no need for you to repeatedly post this kind of drivel.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/24/2014 10:46 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


^^Yep. And by reading that post he fits in just right with the Card fans.
He condones bobby/UL Being an a&&hole, running up the score, and playing dirty...... He is one of them, no question.
I BLEED BLUE

Last edited 8/24/2014 10:49 PM by BlueDeuce2

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/25/2014 8:46 AM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Bigbluesea90 wrote: Looking forward to seeing how UL does this Fall. 

Me too, little red guy. Keep on keeping on.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/25/2014 1:10 PM

Re: The Tards are already trouble 


Apparently Petrino has a press conference at 1:30.  We might learn a bit about Parker and hopefully Dyer as well.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >