Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >

The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying!

Posted: 2/8/2013 8:45 AM

The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


I have heard several rumors on 3 SEC schools: Ole Miss, Florida, and Auburn. Rumors flying about Ole Miss using coeds as prostitutes  Rumors of Auburn and Florida using improper benefits to steal/lour recruits from other schools. Although, I cannot verify any of these rumors as truth,  I think it is pretty obvious that something is going on with these schools. I just the NCAA would get their heads out of their asses. It is time to use a major SEC school as an example so this garbage does not keep going on in college football.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 9:21 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


Link? Why is it obvious that UF is doing something improper in recruiting? 17 members of UF's new class are from Florida and another 5 are from Georgia. Obviously when 75% of one's team comes from the home state and the next door neighboring state something is fishy??? Ole Miss had a recruit post a picture of hundred dollar bills right after his Ole Miss visit. A little fishy I would say. But you probably are no stranger to recruits posting pictures holding wads of cash right?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 9:36 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


So please tell me why any top receiver want to play for that Florida offense?? Or why would a legacy commit to South Carolina that grew up a Carolina fan switch to Florida?? It STINKS OUT LOUD!

Last edited 2/8/2013 9:39 AM by allinfor2010

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 9:45 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


Why did Clemson get the top player in Hawaii and New York? There tend to be connections folks don't know about, or are unwilling to dig just a bit for understanding.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 9:48 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


You guys just look at the story of Matt Rolin and tell me that something isn't suspicious at Florida!!  The kid was a legacy, he was actively recruiting for SC, and even had the USCeast doctors do surgery on his knee....all of the sudden he switches to Florida. That would be like Boulware for us switching to Florida....Just doesnt add up. The whole series with Robinson does not add up!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 9:50 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 



Salty55 wrote: Why did Clemson get the top player in Hawaii and New York? There tend to be connections folks don't know about, or are unwilling to dig just a bit for understanding.
Pagano has family here btw...he has ties. Ogendeko was just luck of the draw. Who wants to play for Syracuse?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 10:26 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


---------------------------------------------
--- allinfor2010 wrote:

You guys just look at the story of Matt Rolin and tell me that something isn't suspicious at Florida!!  The kid was a legacy, he was actively recruiting for SC, and even had the USCeast doctors do surgery on his knee....all of the sudden he switches to Florida. That would be like Boulware for us switching to Florida....Just doesnt add up. The whole series with Robinson does not add up!

---------------------------------------------

Robinson was being recruited by UF the whole time and rumors of him flipping were going around for a while before he did. Again, maybe he looked at the depth chart and said yeah I think I can play there immediately, especially as an EE. Maybe he didn't see immediate playing time at CU? Maybe he just liked UF better? He also commented about wanting to play in the SEC. His high school coach wanted him at Clemson, but ultimately Robinson decided he wanted to go to UF. I don't see anything with him that screams cheating other than your baseless assumption that it doesn't add up. What doesn't add up?

As for Rolin... USCe started ignoring him a little after his injury and UF stayed after him. UF performed surgery on Matt Patchan about 3 times and then he just transferred to Boston College. Cheaters!!! Did USCe cheat to get Mike Davis? He spent a long time recruiting for UF and then switched his commitment to USCe. Wait a minute... his brother was a super star at Clemson, so he could only go to Clemson right? Otherwise the program that secured his commitment was cheating. So what if he is a legacy. Did Stanford cheat because they got little Barry Sanders and Oklahoma State did not get him? Did Tennessee cheat to get Peyton Manning? After all, he was an Ole Miss legacy and Ole Miss pays for players right? Did UVA cheat to get Chris Long? Did Texas cheat to get Chris Simms? Did Vandy cheat to get Jordan Rodgers? This list can go on and on.

If you want to admit that you are just making up stuff based on your own assumptions, then I'm fine with that. I see plenty of it at the UF board and trust me that Clemson is very high on the list of schools that a bunch of ignorant UF fans list as definite cheaters because of kids like Spiller, Bellamy, the Demarcus Robinson situation with his coach being very clear about him wanting Robinson at CU, etc. I am quick to call them out on it because I am a Clemson fan as well and understand the draw to CU. But making the "it's obvious" argument generally means you have zero credible evidence to support your claim.

BTW, Mackensie Alexander going to CU just doesn't add up. I mean the kid was from Florida. Didn't you see Clemson's defense get gashed numerous times last year? Something is really fishy there.

Last edited 2/8/2013 11:36 AM by RaptorJesus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 10:31 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 




---------------------------------------------
--- Salty55 wrote:

Why did Clemson get the top player in Hawaii and New York? There tend to be connections folks don't know about, or are unwilling to dig just a bit for understanding.

---------------------------------------------

Exactly. We know very little about each and every recruit's story as to why they choose certain schools. National programs such as UF and Clemson have a tendency to draw players to their schools from other states. In and of itself that does not provide any credible evidence at all that either program is cheating.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 10:45 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 



allinfor2010 wrote: So please tell me why any top receiver want to play for that Florida offense?? Or why would a legacy commit to South Carolina that grew up a Carolina fan switch to Florida?? It STINKS OUT LOUD!

About the same reason why defensive players want to play at Clemson after the way our defense has looked for the last two years... coaches sell them on things getting better.  As far as the 2nd part of your post, I'd say for similar reasons as to why CJ Spiller would be from Florida and grow up an FSU fan and come here.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 10:47 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


I did say this was all speculation in the first post, btw. I'm not saying Clemson is completely above any speculation either, but I do think with the competivness of the SEC, some school do whatever it takes. I just think it is tampering the sport, making recruiting season almost unbearable. It is getting worse every year, hence all the decommits.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 10:52 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


---------------------------------------------
--- allinfor2010 wrote:

I did say this was all speculation in the first post, btw. I'm not saying Clemson is completely above any speculation either, but I do think with the competivness of the SEC, some school do whatever it takes. I just think it is tampering the sport, making recruiting season almost unbearable. It is getting worse every year, hence all the decommits.

---------------------------------------------

I agree with you that there is likely some stuff that goes on outside of the rules and that it happens at a lot of places. I don't know where or when or with what players, so I don't throw out accusations against specific schools unless there is some evidence beyond just speculation. The decommit thing is frustrating and I agree that it seems to be getting worse each year. I don't know if it's cheating or if it's pressure or what. We are talking about 17 and 18 year old kids trying to make life decisions being pulled in different directions from family, friends and their hearts. The explosion of social media probably factors in and unlimited texting is probably only going to make it worse IMO.

Last edited 2/8/2013 10:53 AM by RaptorJesus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 11:17 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


Alexander wanted the hell out of Florida.  MSU, A&M, Auburn and Clemson were his 4 choices.  

Ignorant UF fans?  No way.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 11:23 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


im to the point where my default first sentence for any sec fan is to tell them to go eff themselves. i am so gd tired of their **** it is beyond ridiculous.

---------------------------------------------
--- IOP25 wrote:

Alexander wanted the hell out of Florida.  MSU, A&M, Auburn and Clemson were his 4 choices.  

Ignorant UF fans?  No way.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 11:32 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 




---------------------------------------------
--- IOP25 wrote:

Alexander wanted the hell out of Florida.  MSU, A&M, Auburn and Clemson were his 4 choices.  

Ignorant UF fans?  No way.

---------------------------------------------

I was being sarcastic with the Alexander comment, IOP.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 11:34 AM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 



---------------------------------------------
--- 757VBTiger wrote:

im to the point where my default first sentence for any sec fan is to tell them to go eff themselves. i am so gd tired of their **** it is beyond ridiculous.

---------------------------------------------
--- IOP25 wrote:

Alexander wanted the hell out of Florida.  MSU, A&M, Auburn and Clemson were his 4 choices.  

Ignorant UF fans?  No way.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

Point out my "****" from this thread. So far the only "****" I have seen is unfounded accusations being launched at UF

Last edited 2/8/2013 11:35 AM by RaptorJesus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 12:07 PM

RE: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


I don't like to get in to these kinda debates without any proof, but that picture of Laquon Treadwell getting kissed by two coeds was pretty sickening.

Last edited 2/8/2013 12:08 PM by Nevermore0

Reply | Quote
  • tigerfan46
  • All-Conference
  • Rating: 2.8/5 this site
  • 1932 posts this site

Posted: 2/8/2013 12:37 PM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


When it's all said and done it's very hard for meo figure out how in the world that Ole Miss could possibly end up with a class ranked as high as theirs. If they had some history in their conference or on the national stage and their school had an 80,000 seat stadium you might could understand it. But, when you think nationwide of all the programs that are way better than theirs and even just in the SEC Ole Miss is way down on the list of SEC Powerhouses then any logical person who looks at all these things would have to be very skeptical of Ole Miss pulling in a class like this. And, you even can understand how getting the #1 recruit in the country could improve your class because it might influence a few other players to join you but still don't think that could be enough to put you in the top five of the country in recruiting with your schools history and accomplishments.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 2:12 PM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


I'm confident Ole Mi$$ is doing something fishy, above and beyond the norm.

I'm pretty confident Auburn is going a little over the top

Florida? maybe but eh they aren't doing anything worse than any other program in the country.

This stuff goes on ALL OVER the country ... no school, no conference is immune.


Ole miss and Auburn are the two that really stand out
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 2:54 PM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 


Yup...that was my point.

---------------------------------------------
--- allinfor2010 wrote:


<blockquote dir="ltr" ><strong>Salty55 wrote:</strong> Why did Clemson get the top player in Hawaii and New York? There tend to be connections folks don't know about, or are unwilling to dig just a bit for understanding.</blockquote>Pagano has family here btw...he has ties. Ogendeko was just luck of the draw. Who wants to play for Syracuse?

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/8/2013 3:11 PM

Re: The $EC: If you are not cheating, you are not trying! 



tigerfan46 wrote: When it's all said and done it's very hard for meo figure out how in the world that Ole Miss could possibly end up with a class ranked as high as theirs. If they had some history in their conference or on the national stage and their school had an 80,000 seat stadium you might could understand it. But, when you think nationwide of all the programs that are way better than theirs and even just in the SEC Ole Miss is way down on the list of SEC Powerhouses then any logical person who looks at all these things would have to be very skeptical of Ole Miss pulling in a class like this. And, you even can understand how getting the #1 recruit in the country could improve your class because it might influence a few other players to join you but still don't think that could be enough to put you in the top five of the country in recruiting with your schools history and accomplishments.
I'm on a board that runs a recreation center on Hilton Head and we had a lunch meeting on NSD.  One of the members is another triathlete from Mississippi.  Before the meeting, she
overhead the program director and I talking about Ole Miss's recruiting success. He asked a question similar to the above. Before I could answer, she chimed in and said that she totally understood. She said that once you went to a game in the Grove, that it would be difficult to go to school anywhere else. It's supposed to be one of the best venues anywhere to watch a game regardless of size. She said that the only reason she didn't go is that she got a scholarship to Alabama, not Mississippi.

I think that Nkendeche also had a big impact. They had him once they signed his brother two years ago.  At the all star games, he was out there actively recruiting other players, especially Laremy Tunsil (#1 OT).  Laquon Treadwell had a former teamate and good friend playing for Ole Miss this year.

The way their season played out also helped their recruiting.  Nkemdeche went to quite a few games there and came away impressed.  They lost 3 out of their last 4, but only one of those was at home and they only lost by 1 point.  They also thumped Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl and beat Pittsburg in their bowl game. Their home record was 4-3 and other than a blow out early against Texas, they were in all the games.  A 3 point loss to aTm was the next worst home defeat.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >