Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

ASU Draft

Posted: 06/05/2014 6:31 PM

ASU Draft 


Where we finished the season should not surprise anyone.  Our Jrs  were Causey, Peevyhouse, Stankiewicz,, and one pitcher in Gilles. 

The soph class is deep, although  many position players were not highly recruited by other schools.

The frosh class has solid college players.

Does Es get another year or two?


Things I have thought for 2yrs.  Need to get a couple of hitters to campus ( not that easy ), and use JC players to fill holes.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 6:53 PM

Re: ASU Draft 





---------------------------------------------
--- devilpwb wrote:

Where we finished the season should not surprise anyone.  Our Jrs  were Causey, Peevyhouse, Stankiewicz,, and one pitcher in Gilles. 

The soph class is deep, although  many position players were not highly recruited by other schools.

The frosh class has solid college players.

Does Es get another year or two?


Things I have thought for 2yrs.  Need to get a couple of hitters to campus ( not that easy ), and use JC players to fill holes.

---------------------------------------------
Another year or TWO???!!! Are you INSANE?
“A lot of people will talk about how young we are, and then the next year they’ll say this young defense is going to be around awhile,’’ Coach Todd Graham
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 7:32 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


I'm interested to see how many of our juniors come back.
Put Foster in the slot
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 7:53 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


Regarding our juniors, guess it all depends on 1) where they get drafted and 2) their desire to finish school with the returning coaches and team. Thought I saw a tweet from Gillies that sounded like he wasn't coming back (if drafted high enough). Could be wrong though...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/05/2014 8:05 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


Ryan Castellani first recruit to go... 2nd round Rockies.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 8:14 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


Wow, Castellani gets picked before Wilson and Verdugo with the 48th pick in the 2nd round! Our chances of getting him on campus just dropped significantly...although you never know if he doesn't get what he's looking for ($$ wise) - plus, his GF attends ASU.

Last edited 06/05/2014 8:18 PM by ValleyBall1

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 8:30 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


Ruck The Fockies!!!!!!!!!! I will never forgive them for the 2007 NLCS.
Fork 'em! ψ
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 8:33 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


Dodgers pick Verdugo with the 62nd pick in the 2nd round...but as an outfielder!

Last edited 06/05/2014 8:38 PM by ValleyBall1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/05/2014 8:52 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


DBacks snag Marcus Wilson in the CB B Round. Sandwich between 2/3.

*I'll edit this as the Draft continues*

Updated

Recruits
Ryan Castellani RHP - 2nd Round - Rockies
Alex Verdugo OF - 2nd Round - Dodgers
Marcus Wilson OF - CB B Round - Diamondbacks
Tucker Baca LHP - 32nd Round - Braves

Sun Devils
Drew Stankiewicz SS - 11th Round - Phillies
Nathaniel Causey 1B - 19th Round - Rockies
David Graybill RHP - 33rd Round - Yankees

Last edited 06/07/2014 2:46 PM by SunDevil14

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/05/2014 9:47 PM

Re: ASU Draft 



ESPN.Com has Castellani committed to UCLA.

---------------------------------------------
--- ValleyBall1 wrote:

Wow, Castellani gets picked before Wilson and Verdugo with the 48th pick in the 2nd round! Our chances of getting him on campus just dropped significantly...although you never know if he doesn't get what he's looking for ($$ wise) - plus, his GF attends ASU.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 11:33 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


Castellani decommitted from UCLA a while back; even his Twitter page has ASU listed. Doesn't matter though because he's not making it to campus after being drafted that high.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/05/2014 11:49 PM

Re: ASU Draft 


Correction...

Castellani had ASU listed before the draft; just checked and ASU is no longer listed, which tells me he's going pro. Who can blame him? Congrats buddy!

Our last hope in salvaging this recruiting class is Baca.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/06/2014 6:54 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


Doesn't matter what anyone says about his college commitment. he signed an LOI. That means he's going to ASU if he goes Div 1.
ValleyBall1 wrote: Correction...

Castellani had ASU listed before the draft; just checked and ASU is no longer listed, which tells me he's going pro. Who can blame him? Congrats buddy!

Our last hope in salvaging this recruiting class is Baca.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/06/2014 8:46 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


Agreed but, chances are, he's not coming to campus anymore.

sfft77 wrote: Doesn't matter what anyone says about his college commitment. he signed an LOI. That means he's going to ASU if he goes Div 1.
ValleyBall1 wrote: Correction...

Castellani had ASU listed before the draft; just checked and ASU is no longer listed, which tells me he's going pro. Who can blame him? Congrats buddy!

Our last hope in salvaging this recruiting class is Baca.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/06/2014 8:57 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


No Kiddingeek1
devilaw1 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- devilpwb wrote:

Where we finished the season should not surprise anyone.  Our Jrs  were Causey, Peevyhouse, Stankiewicz,, and one pitcher in Gilles. 

The soph class is deep, although  many position players were not highly recruited by other schools.

The frosh class has solid college players.

Does Es get another year or two?


Things I have thought for 2yrs.  Need to get a couple of hitters to campus ( not that easy ), and use JC players to fill holes.

---------------------------------------------
Another year or TWO???!!! Are you INSANE?


Bear Down on this!!!  41-34 and 58-21 'nuff said
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/06/2014 8:59 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


If we only lose 3 kids that is a victory


Bear Down on this!!!  41-34 and 58-21 'nuff said
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/06/2014 9:09 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


Yes I agree as well.
ValleyBall1 wrote: Agreed but, chances are, he's not coming to campus anymore.

sfft77 wrote: Doesn't matter what anyone says about his college commitment. he signed an LOI. That means he's going to ASU if he goes Div 1.
ValleyBall1 wrote: Correction...

Castellani had ASU listed before the draft; just checked and ASU is no longer listed, which tells me he's going pro. Who can blame him? Congrats buddy!

Our last hope in salvaging this recruiting class is Baca.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/06/2014 9:30 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


There can always be a miracle though! I'm thinking -- really, hoping -- for another Bickford at Fullerton. He was drafted 10th overall last year and did a great job for the Titans this year earning Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American honors this week.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/06/2014 10:53 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


How many days does the MLB draft go?


Bear Down on this!!!  41-34 and 58-21 'nuff said
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/06/2014 11:04 AM

Re: ASU Draft 


Today and tomorrow
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >