Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened???

Avatar

Posted: 06/02/2014 7:03 PM

Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


SEC advances just 2 of 10 teams to Super REgionals and the Pac12 might get just OSU.  What happened?


Bear Down on this!!!  41-34 and 58-21 'nuff said
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/02/2014 7:07 PM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


If youre Tim Esmay you are happy, you can say look at all the other powerhouses that lost in regionals too like LSU, FSU, MissST, Miami, UNC and Clemson.   Plus you can say Texas didn't give into angry fans after Auggie missed post season in 2012 and 2013 and now he is Super's.    kind of depressing if you are an ASU baseball fan though.


Big12 best league around this season,


Bear Down on this!!!  41-34 and 58-21 'nuff said
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/02/2014 7:17 PM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


My wife is still trying to figure out why I've been bitter since the weekend - hah!

Last edited 06/02/2014 7:18 PM by ValleyBall1

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/02/2014 7:20 PM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


If RA is basing his decision on other schools results, then he should not be an AD. I sincerely hope he is not.

I also think he needs to make a decision like yesterday! Either come out in support of him, or term him because the longer we wait, the worse it is for the program. Recruits don't know what we are doing, and neither do current players either looking to transfer or move onto the draft if they contemplated coming back. He needs to make a decision. He has had all season to make a judgement, and he needs to make a move now! The longer he waits, the worse it is for ASU...
Photobucket
Back 2 Back Territorial Cup Champions; 2012: 41-34, 2013: 58-21
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/02/2014 9:25 PM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


Anyone notice that as the scores are scrolling in the top right corner during this Oregon State/Irvine game, they'll say "Stanford to Super Reg" or "UNC Eliminated" or whatever. But on the Houston 12, LSU 2 score? No indication whatsoever.

Something tells me this is not an accident.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/02/2014 9:44 PM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


If OSU advances, 2 for 5 is not too bad considering all but 1 team had to go on the road, and S won as a 3 seed. OSU concerns me though. This doesn't look like a title team. Vandy looks really good too. I don't think it's an accident that both Oregon and Stanford have to go through Nashville. It's a good possibility that 0 Pac teams advance to Omaha.

---
"Owning your funny, au is owning this board. Look at all the topics" --AzRat83

Last edited 06/02/2014 9:48 PM by InnerDevil

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/02/2014 9:47 PM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


Just noticed it, but I think it's more about incompetence like calling ASU Arizona, than just being SEC butthurt.


---------------------------------------------
--- JustinZ wrote:

Anyone notice that as the scores are scrolling in the top right corner during this Oregon State/Irvine game, they'll say "Stanford to Super Reg" or "UNC Eliminated" or whatever. But on the Houston 12, LSU 2 score? No indication whatsoever.

Something tells me this is not an accident.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/02/2014 10:22 PM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


SEC Losers:

Florida - #1 seed at home
South Carolina - #1 seed at home
LSU - #1 seed at home
Arkansas - #2
Kentucky - #2
Alabama - #2
Miss St - #2
Texas A&M - #3


That's a lot of losers for one conference. We aren't even to Supers yet! Why are so few hosts out west? OSU was a couple games better than Washington in Pac play. So OSU is a #1 national and Washington has to go back east. I know it has to do with RPI or something, but it's obviously flawed.

---
"Owning your funny, au is owning this board. Look at all the topics" --AzRat83
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/03/2014 1:07 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


This may not be politically sensitive but there's something about Oregon State's baseball program that irritates me and has since they came from nowhere and won two titles.  In watching their game tonight versus UC Irvine, its players act as if they're unbeatable and we should all bow at their feet.  Example:  Their pitcher in the 8th inning gave up a big run pushing UC's lead to 4-1.  The next inning he looked strong and got through the first three batters relatively easy.  After closing out the top of the 9th, he ran off the mound running his mouth as if he just shut down UC, and as if his team was leading 4-1.  Dude, you just gave up a critical run in the 8th, and your team is down 3 runs with only 3 outs remaining.  Stop acting like you're Roger Clemons.  And his behavior wasn't different than the rest of his team running off the field and in the dugout.  Because of this I actually enjoyed watching the Beavers walk off their field dejected after becoming only the 2nd #1 overall seed to gag in a regional.

Hey OSU:  Act like you've been there before, idiots.  Your clown act tonight reminded me of your fans after your two titles, acting as if your program was above ASU, Texas, USC, CSF, Miami, FSU, LSU, et. al and that college baseball was born in 2006.  Try and remember that your second title was a fluke and you're damn lucky Murhpy was on the selection committee or you wouldn't have even made the post-season. 

What is it about those Oregon schools that makes them believe they've been relevant for decades and in every sport?

Arizona State Football:  Ranked #15 in all-time winning percentage.  I believe that makes us top 15.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/03/2014 4:52 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 



InnerDevil wrote: SEC Losers:

Florida - #1 seed at home
South Carolina - #1 seed at home
LSU - #1 seed at home
Arkansas - #2
Kentucky - #2
Alabama - #2
Miss St - #2
Texas A&M - #3


That's a lot of losers for one conference. We aren't even to Supers yet! Why are so few hosts out west? OSU was a couple games better than Washington in Pac play. So OSU is a #1 national and Washington has to go back east. I know it has to do with RPI or something, but it's obviously flawed.

---
It's more about politics than RPI in my opinion.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/03/2014 5:34 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


I agree with your assessment; guess they didn't get the postseason memo that the regular season was moot. It was hard for me to root for OSU, simply because of the aforementioned reasons. Plus, I'm in OC and UCI is in my backyard with a lot of local talent.

National #1 seed going down has got to hurt! But three west coast schools from three different conferences is pretty cool and shows the right coast's depth this season.

---------------------------------------------
--- asusundevil23 wrote:

This may not be politically sensitive but there's something about Oregon State's baseball program that irritates me and has since they came from nowhere and won two titles.  In watching their game tonight versus UC Irvine, its players act as if they're unbeatable and we should all bow at their feet.  Example:  Their pitcher in the 8th inning gave up a big run pushing UC's lead to 4-1.  The next inning he looked strong and got through the first three batters relatively easy.  After closing out the top of the 9th, he ran off the mound running his mouth as if he just shut down UC, and as if his team was leading 4-1.  Dude, you just gave up a critical run in the 8th, and your team is down 3 runs with only 3 outs remaining.  Stop acting like you're Roger Clemons.  And his behavior wasn't different than the rest of his team running off the field and in the dugout.  Because of this I actually enjoyed watching the Beavers walk off their field dejected after becoming only the 2nd #1 overall seed to gag in a regional.

Hey OSU:  Act like you've been there before, idiots.  Your clown act tonight reminded me of your fans after your two titles, acting as if your program was above ASU, Texas, USC, CSF, Miami, FSU, LSU, et. al and that college baseball was born in 2006.  Try and remember that your second title was a fluke and you're damn lucky Murhpy was on the selection committee or you wouldn't have even made the post-season. 

What is it about those Oregon schools that makes them believe they've been relevant for decades and in every sport?

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/03/2014 5:57 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


nailed it 23, most of todays athletes pump their chests if they tie their shoes correctly ohlord
asusundevil23 wrote: This may not be politically sensitive but there's something about Oregon State's baseball program that irritates me and has since they came from nowhere and won two titles.  In watching their game tonight versus UC Irvine, its players act as if they're unbeatable and we should all bow at their feet.  Example:  Their pitcher in the 8th inning gave up a big run pushing UC's lead to 4-1.  The next inning he looked strong and got through the first three batters relatively easy.  After closing out the top of the 9th, he ran off the mound running his mouth as if he just shut down UC, and as if his team was leading 4-1.  Dude, you just gave up a critical run in the 8th, and your team is down 3 runs with only 3 outs remaining.  Stop acting like you're Roger Clemons.  And his behavior wasn't different than the rest of his team running off the field and in the dugout.  Because of this I actually enjoyed watching the Beavers walk off their field dejected after becoming only the 2nd #1 overall seed to gag in a regional.

Hey OSU:  Act like you've been there before, idiots.  Your clown act tonight reminded me of your fans after your two titles, acting as if your program was above ASU, Texas, USC, CSF, Miami, FSU, LSU, et. al and that college baseball was born in 2006.  Try and remember that your second title was a fluke and you're damn lucky Murhpy was on the selection committee or you wouldn't have even made the post-season. 

What is it about those Oregon schools that makes them believe they've been relevant for decades and in every sport?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/03/2014 6:27 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 



Really?!? I was feeling bad for you guys, now I only feel bad for some of you.

If you know Andrew Moore at all you would know that he is usually very composed and reserved. We were facing our last at-bat, he was trying to get the Team fired up. Any of your players ever do that?

Compare the records of the last decade. Some of you are living in the past. Your bitter because you're jealous, I get that

---------------------------------------------
--- asusundevil23 wrote:

This may not be politically sensitive but there's something about Oregon State's baseball program that irritates me and has since they came from nowhere and won two titles.  In watching their game tonight versus UC Irvine, its players act as if they're unbeatable and we should all bow at their feet.  Example:  Their pitcher in the 8th inning gave up a big run pushing UC's lead to 4-1.  The next inning he looked strong and got through the first three batters relatively easy.  After closing out the top of the 9th, he ran off the mound running his mouth as if he just shut down UC, and as if his team was leading 4-1.  Dude, you just gave up a critical run in the 8th, and your team is down 3 runs with only 3 outs remaining.  Stop acting like you're Roger Clemons.  And his behavior wasn't different than the rest of his team running off the field and in the dugout.  Because of this I actually enjoyed watching the Beavers walk off their field dejected after becoming only the 2nd #1 overall seed to gag in a regional.

Hey OSU:  Act like you've been there before, idiots.  Your clown act tonight reminded me of your fans after your two titles, acting as if your program was above ASU, Texas, USC, CSF, Miami, FSU, LSU, et. al and that college baseball was born in 2006.  Try and remember that your second title was a fluke and you're damn lucky Murhpy was on the selection committee or you wouldn't have even made the post-season. 

What is it about those Oregon schools that makes them believe they've been relevant for decades and in every sport?

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 06/03/2014 6:44 AM by Sctsbeaver

Reply | Quote
  • pimpdevil
  • Hall of Famer
  • 5396 posts this site

Posted: 06/03/2014 6:57 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 



Sctsbeaver wrote:
Really?!? I was feeling bad for you guys, now I only feel bad for some of you.

If you know Andrew Moore at all you would know that he is usually very composed and reserved. We were facing our last at-bat, he was trying to get the Team fired up. Any of your players ever do that?

Compare the records of the last decade. Some of you are living in the past. Your bitter because you're jealous, I get that

---------------------------------------------
--- asusundevil23 wrote:

This may not be politically sensitive but there's something about Oregon State's baseball program that irritates me and has since they came from nowhere and won two titles.  In watching their game tonight versus UC Irvine, its players act as if they're unbeatable and we should all bow at their feet.  Example:  Their pitcher in the 8th inning gave up a big run pushing UC's lead to 4-1.  The next inning he looked strong and got through the first three batters relatively easy.  After closing out the top of the 9th, he ran off the mound running his mouth as if he just shut down UC, and as if his team was leading 4-1.  Dude, you just gave up a critical run in the 8th, and your team is down 3 runs with only 3 outs remaining.  Stop acting like you're Roger Clemons.  And his behavior wasn't different than the rest of his team running off the field and in the dugout.  Because of this I actually enjoyed watching the Beavers walk off their field dejected after becoming only the 2nd #1 overall seed to gag in a regional.

Hey OSU:  Act like you've been there before, idiots.  Your clown act tonight reminded me of your fans after your two titles, acting as if your program was above ASU, Texas, USC, CSF, Miami, FSU, LSU, et. al and that college baseball was born in 2006.  Try and remember that your second title was a fluke and you're damn lucky Murhpy was on the selection committee or you wouldn't have even made the post-season. 

What is it about those Oregon schools that makes them believe they've been relevant for decades and in every sport?

---------------------------------------------
#1 overall and can't even get out of a home regional.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/03/2014 7:07 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


I know it sucks, course ASU has never faced disappointment before so you don't know how bad it hurts right?


---------------------------------------------
--- pimpdevil wrote:


Sctsbeaver wrote:
Really?!? I was feeling bad for you guys, now I only feel bad for some of you.

If you know Andrew Moore at all you would know that he is usually very composed and reserved. We were facing our last at-bat, he was trying to get the Team fired up. Any of your players ever do that?

Compare the records of the last decade. Some of you are living in the past. Your bitter because you're jealous, I get that

---------------------------------------------
--- asusundevil23 wrote:

This may not be politically sensitive but there's something about Oregon State's baseball program that irritates me and has since they came from nowhere and won two titles.  In watching their game tonight versus UC Irvine, its players act as if they're unbeatable and we should all bow at their feet.  Example:  Their pitcher in the 8th inning gave up a big run pushing UC's lead to 4-1.  The next inning he looked strong and got through the first three batters relatively easy.  After closing out the top of the 9th, he ran off the mound running his mouth as if he just shut down UC, and as if his team was leading 4-1.  Dude, you just gave up a critical run in the 8th, and your team is down 3 runs with only 3 outs remaining.  Stop acting like you're Roger Clemons.  And his behavior wasn't different than the rest of his team running off the field and in the dugout.  Because of this I actually enjoyed watching the Beavers walk off their field dejected after becoming only the 2nd #1 overall seed to gag in a regional.

Hey OSU:  Act like you've been there before, idiots.  Your clown act tonight reminded me of your fans after your two titles, acting as if your program was above ASU, Texas, USC, CSF, Miami, FSU, LSU, et. al and that college baseball was born in 2006.  Try and remember that your second title was a fluke and you're damn lucky Murhpy was on the selection committee or you wouldn't have even made the post-season. 

What is it about those Oregon schools that makes them believe they've been relevant for decades and in every sport?

---------------------------------------------
#1 overall and can't even get out of a home regional.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • pimpdevil
  • Hall of Famer
  • 5396 posts this site

Posted: 06/03/2014 8:06 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 



Sctsbeaver wrote: I know it sucks, course ASU has never faced disappointment before so you don't know how bad it hurts right?


---------------------------------------------
--- pimpdevil wrote:


Sctsbeaver wrote:
Really?!? I was feeling bad for you guys, now I only feel bad for some of you.

If you know Andrew Moore at all you would know that he is usually very composed and reserved. We were facing our last at-bat, he was trying to get the Team fired up. Any of your players ever do that?

Compare the records of the last decade. Some of you are living in the past. Your bitter because you're jealous, I get that

---------------------------------------------
--- asusundevil23 wrote:

This may not be politically sensitive but there's something about Oregon State's baseball program that irritates me and has since they came from nowhere and won two titles.  In watching their game tonight versus UC Irvine, its players act as if they're unbeatable and we should all bow at their feet.  Example:  Their pitcher in the 8th inning gave up a big run pushing UC's lead to 4-1.  The next inning he looked strong and got through the first three batters relatively easy.  After closing out the top of the 9th, he ran off the mound running his mouth as if he just shut down UC, and as if his team was leading 4-1.  Dude, you just gave up a critical run in the 8th, and your team is down 3 runs with only 3 outs remaining.  Stop acting like you're Roger Clemons.  And his behavior wasn't different than the rest of his team running off the field and in the dugout.  Because of this I actually enjoyed watching the Beavers walk off their field dejected after becoming only the 2nd #1 overall seed to gag in a regional.

Hey OSU:  Act like you've been there before, idiots.  Your clown act tonight reminded me of your fans after your two titles, acting as if your program was above ASU, Texas, USC, CSF, Miami, FSU, LSU, et. al and that college baseball was born in 2006.  Try and remember that your second title was a fluke and you're damn lucky Murhpy was on the selection committee or you wouldn't have even made the post-season. 

What is it about those Oregon schools that makes them believe they've been relevant for decades and in every sport?

---------------------------------------------
#1 overall and can't even get out of a home regional.

---------------------------------------------
Not that bad.   That was a huge choke job.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/03/2014 8:26 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


Wish ASU fans would stop saying asinine things like ASU is a better program than OSU. We are not. We have more history, but about 5 years ago OSU overtook ASU and the Beavs have the better program. Hands down. The OSU team, coach and fans are all class acts. I always root for the Beavs.

Last edited 06/03/2014 8:58 AM by ClarkWilhelmGriswold

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/03/2014 8:53 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 


Funny. I wish our Sun Devils had shown a little attitude, down in the score or not, before B8th of our final game. A bit of bravado (even false bravado) can be contagious and carry a team. That's one of my complaints about Esmay: Zero fire. I got no problem with the Beav pitcher.

OSU has the better program recently but we're both out of the post season and sitting at home. They just got there first. redface
Arizona's Sexiest Wildcat CurbStomper* 2012, 2013

*informal polling with 15% +/- margin of error

Last edited 06/03/2014 8:54 AM by BandDevil

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/03/2014 8:58 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 



Agreed-Nothing wrong with showing emotion as long as you aren't showing up the opponent.

I'm going to hold my nose and root for UCI going forward despite their douche bag head coach

---------------------------------------------
--- BandDevil wrote:

Funny. I wish our Sun Devils had shown a little attitude, down in the score or not, before B8th of our final game. A bit of bravado (even false bravado) can be contagious and carry a team. That's one of my complaints about Esmay: Zero fire. I got no problem with the Beav pitcher.

OSU has the better program recently but we're both out of the post season and sitting at home. They just got there first. redface

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/03/2014 9:01 AM

Re: Well Pac 12 and SEC what happened??? 



There are several of you guys I have lots of respect for. This sums it up nicely.

Something happened to our Team 2 weeks ago that cause our bats to just plain disappear. Never seen such a turn around. Things like this keep most of us grounded, but forgive me while I make an observation statement. Why do you guys think ASU's $h!t don't stink? Read the other day when you lost to Sac St. That you never thought I'd see the day where a Sac St would talk smack to ASU. WTF? So the athletes of other schools are suppose to just kiss your feet and coward down??? News flash... the higher up the Monkey climbs the more Butt he shows. People want to knock you down the higher up you are.

Some of your posters arrogance is comical, i.e. Assuming Casey would leave OSU to come to ASU. Why? Some of you ( like TT ) get it. He NEVER would. Just because you're the biggest University doesn't mean you're the best and the rest of World should respect you for that. What have you done lately?

BTW...most of you won't believe this, but check who has a better record in FB since you joined the PAC. You were only a power in that other League, you know the one you were in when Kush warned everyone what would happen if you joined the PAC. Powerhouse since? Not so much

I vote for PAC schools over everyone else. But I'm beginning to re- evaluate my respect/affiliation for asu

Some of you are classy...this isn't directed at you ( it shouldn't be guilt by association ) but a lot of you over drink the Kool aid. If you would look at the number facts they don't lie.

---------------------------------------------
--- ClarkWilhelmGriswold wrote:

Wish ASU would stop saying asinine things like ASU is a better program than OSU. We are not. We have more history, but about 5 years ago OSU overtook ASU and the Beavs have the better program. Hands down.

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 06/03/2014 9:08 AM by Sctsbeaver

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >