Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

Jahii goes undrafted

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:07 PM

Jahii goes undrafted 


What a waste. 

Feel bad for Jordan. Hope he lands somewhere. Seems like a great guy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:08 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Hope ihis mama is happy
“A lot of people will talk about how young we are, and then the next year they’ll say this young defense is going to be around awhile,’’ Coach Todd Graham
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:11 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:14 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Jahii will be overseas 
WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:31 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 



WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
D-league would be my last choice. those guys make 30-40k tops. they both should go overseas where they will earn 100k+ and not pay any taxes. the teams over take care of you as well (car, housing, flights back home). if they can play good over there they will get noticed. I would guess both of them get picked up by a team for summer league games and get some exposure, but considering that even the guys picked in the 2nd round struggle to make the team they will probably end up overseas. 

Good luck to both of them.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:39 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


And what does this say about Herb's ability to develop talent
“A lot of people will talk about how young we are, and then the next year they’ll say this young defense is going to be around awhile,’’ Coach Todd Graham
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:42 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


What happened to the 3rd round. I was shocked to learn it was over.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:52 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 



jakeup wrote: What happened to the 3rd round. I was shocked to learn it was over.
No kidding. Remember when an Alvin Scott would be drafted in the 7th round, 138th pick overall and he would have an NBA career that lasted over a decade?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:56 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 





---------------------------------------------
--- jakeup wrote:

What happened to the 3rd round. I was shocked to learn it was over.

---------------------------------------------

Uhhh there hasnt been a third round in 25 years
“A lot of people will talk about how young we are, and then the next year they’ll say this young defense is going to be around awhile,’’ Coach Todd Graham
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:06 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Wrong, most recently that i remember Tommy Smith (ASU) went 3rd round, not 26 years ago.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:10 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


2nd round, huh. More impressive for Tommy who i attended HS with.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:12 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


I would've drafted Jordan if anyone. He was just getting better. He'll still make it in the NBA. Jahii unfortunately won't. But if "they" keep talking about his size then  He'll definitely prove them wrong, my guess is it's his attitude. Lets not forget the Headache that comes package deal with him. Not his Father, but his M_t__r .
My intentions was to stay a year at ASSu. Unfortunately for me and my family, my other Dream job did not open(not considered) up. Therefor I am forced to go against my own practice and stay another.
╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮-Coach Todd Graham
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:15 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


What about Lamar Green ;-} I miss Neil Walk and Jim Fox playing center and the Hawk palming the ball oh oh and Stumpy Gail Goodrich and commercial about the Canacopia restaurant .....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:21 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Oh they get taxed big time abroad, sometimes double taxed if the US doesn't have a tax treaty. US taxes you on your global income so even if you don't work and live here you are still paying Uncle Sam.


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:


WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
D-league would be my last choice. those guys make 30-40k tops. they both should go overseas where they will earn 100k+ and not pay any taxes. the teams over take care of you as well (car, housing, flights back home). if they can play good over there they will get noticed. I would guess both of them get picked up by a team for summer league games and get some exposure, but considering that even the guys picked in the 2nd round struggle to make the team they will probably end up overseas. 

Good luck to both of them.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:25 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


no they don't.
trust me.

NR1620 wrote: Oh they get taxed big time abroad, sometimes double taxed if the US doesn't have a tax treaty. US taxes you on your global income so even if you don't work and live here you are still paying Uncle Sam.


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:


WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
D-league would be my last choice. those guys make 30-40k tops. they both should go overseas where they will earn 100k+ and not pay any taxes. the teams over take care of you as well (car, housing, flights back home). if they can play good over there they will get noticed. I would guess both of them get picked up by a team for summer league games and get some exposure, but considering that even the guys picked in the 2nd round struggle to make the team they will probably end up overseas. 

Good luck to both of them.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:27 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


You don't get paid much in the D-League as you do in Europe but it's the quicker path to the NBA. Jordan has an outside chance of landing on an NBA roster. Jahi has to prove he can play at a higher level before he gets his chance. Hope they both eventually make it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:29 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Uh yes they do, I work in the international tax field and know first hand


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:

no they don't.
trust me.

NR1620 wrote: Oh they get taxed big time abroad, sometimes double taxed if the US doesn't have a tax treaty. US taxes you on your global income so even if you don't work and live here you are still paying Uncle Sam.


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:


WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
D-league would be my last choice. those guys make 30-40k tops. they both should go overseas where they will earn 100k+ and not pay any taxes. the teams over take care of you as well (car, housing, flights back home). if they can play good over there they will get noticed. I would guess both of them get picked up by a team for summer league games and get some exposure, but considering that even the guys picked in the 2nd round struggle to make the team they will probably end up overseas. 

Good luck to both of them.

---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------

Last edited 06/26/2014 10:31 PM by NR1620

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:37 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Regardless of where you live now, being a United States citizen requires that you file a yearly tax return with the IRS. Green card holders and all US citizens are required to file a US return, no matter where they live, as long as their income (earned in-US and abroad) is just over $9,000. The US has treaties with many foreign countries that will reduce or even eliminate actual owed tax. 

NR1620 wrote: Uh yes they do, I work in the international tax field and know first hand


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:

no they don't.
trust me.

NR1620 wrote: Oh they get taxed big time abroad, sometimes double taxed if the US doesn't have a tax treaty. US taxes you on your global income so even if you don't work and live here you are still paying Uncle Sam.


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:


WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
D-league would be my last choice. those guys make 30-40k tops. they both should go overseas where they will earn 100k+ and not pay any taxes. the teams over take care of you as well (car, housing, flights back home). if they can play good over there they will get noticed. I would guess both of them get picked up by a team for summer league games and get some exposure, but considering that even the guys picked in the 2nd round struggle to make the team they will probably end up overseas. 

Good luck to both of them.

---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------

Last edited 06/26/2014 10:39 PM by devilinitup

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:45 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 




True, but only if your employer is wiling to pay the host country tax as well which a lot don't. There are also firms that hypo tax which makes you basically whole and have tax responsibilities like you were working in the US.

Also all the perks and benefits you get-housing, car, utilities etcc have to be reported as income as well and are taxed. Uncle Sam finds a way to get his no matter where you are at.
---------------------------------------------
--- devilinitup wrote:

Regardless of where you live now, being a United States citizen requires that you file a yearly tax return with the IRS. Green card holders and all US citizens are required to file a US return, no matter where they live, as long as their income (earned in-US and abroad) is just over $9,000. The US has treaties with many foreign countries that will reduce or even eliminate actual owed tax. 

NR1620 wrote: Uh yes they do, I work in the international tax field and know first hand


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:

no they don't.
trust me.

NR1620 wrote: Oh they get taxed big time abroad, sometimes double taxed if the US doesn't have a tax treaty. US taxes you on your global income so even if you don't work and live here you are still paying Uncle Sam.


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:


WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
D-league would be my last choice. those guys make 30-40k tops. they both should go overseas where they will earn 100k+ and not pay any taxes. the teams over take care of you as well (car, housing, flights back home). if they can play good over there they will get noticed. I would guess both of them get picked up by a team for summer league games and get some exposure, but considering that even the guys picked in the 2nd round struggle to make the team they will probably end up overseas. 

Good luck to both of them.

---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:47 PM

Re: Jahii goes undrafted 


Which is why you see americans who live abroad permanently renouncing their citizenship. 
NR1620 wrote:

True, but only if your employer is wiling to pay the host country tax as well which a lot don't. There are also firms that hypo tax which makes you basically whole and have tax responsibilities like you were working in the US.

Also all the perks and benefits you get-housing, car, utilities etcc have to be reported as income as well and are taxed. Uncle Sam finds a way to get his no matter where you are at.
---------------------------------------------
--- devilinitup wrote:

Regardless of where you live now, being a United States citizen requires that you file a yearly tax return with the IRS. Green card holders and all US citizens are required to file a US return, no matter where they live, as long as their income (earned in-US and abroad) is just over $9,000. The US has treaties with many foreign countries that will reduce or even eliminate actual owed tax. 

NR1620 wrote: Uh yes they do, I work in the international tax field and know first hand


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:

no they don't.
trust me.

NR1620 wrote: Oh they get taxed big time abroad, sometimes double taxed if the US doesn't have a tax treaty. US taxes you on your global income so even if you don't work and live here you are still paying Uncle Sam.


---------------------------------------------
--- SndvlN8tion wrote:


WestCoastDevil wrote: Amazing Jahii wasn't drafted. I guess it's the d-league for him and Jordan.
D-league would be my last choice. those guys make 30-40k tops. they both should go overseas where they will earn 100k+ and not pay any taxes. the teams over take care of you as well (car, housing, flights back home). if they can play good over there they will get noticed. I would guess both of them get picked up by a team for summer league games and get some exposure, but considering that even the guys picked in the 2nd round struggle to make the team they will probably end up overseas. 

Good luck to both of them.

---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >