Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

What is your vote--or are you still undecided?

Avatar

Posted: 10/30/2012 7:29 PM

What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


    Who will get your vote for President?

  1. Poll closed on 11/06/2012
  2. Obama: 27 votes
  3. Romney: 26 votes
  4. Johnson: 5 votes
  5. Other: 0 votes
  6. Undecided--if so please explain why: 2 votes
-------------------------------------------

It's been a great year!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/30/2012 7:32 PM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



I live in Mass --hence my vote for President likely doesn't matter.  Therefore I think I will vote Libertarian, because I do agree with most of the Party's views.

If I was in a State where it was close, I would vote for Romney.  I have of course concluded that Johnson can't win, thus I would hope to impact the final outcome in my most desirable realistic scenario.
-------------------------------------------

It's been a great year!!

Last edited 10/31/2012 11:13 AM by friarj83

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/30/2012 10:54 PM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


I live in RI, so my vote does not count. I will vote for Johnson because I would like for other voices to be heard.

I was supporting Romney until about a week ago, but now, if I lived in a swing state I would vote for Obama.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 12:47 AM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


i refuse to vote for a 3rd party because i find it disingenuous. i think my voice will be heard louder in the case of romney winning a popular vote by a significant margin. maybe that would make some headway vs. the electoral college.

just MHO.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 7:25 AM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


There is nothing disingenuous about it. I voted for Obama last time with the thought that the more votes he had, the more of a mandate he would have. This time I have no interest in voting for Obama, and Romney has failed to put forward any sort of economic policy that actually makes sense. I like the cleanliness of the Libertarian philosophy (although I disagree with various aspects) and believe voting for Johnson will be more "genuous" than voting for a candidate that offers no substance.

Presidents have won the electoral college without winning the popular vote 4 times, there is no reason to think that this election will change that.
peeps4life wrote: i refuse to vote for a 3rd party because i find it disingenuous. i think my voice will be heard louder in the case of romney winning a popular vote by a significant margin. maybe that would make some headway vs. the electoral college.

just MHO.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 9:16 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



Classof29 wrote: I live in RI, so my vote does not count. I will vote for Johnson because I would like for other voices to be heard.

I was supporting Romney until about a week ago, but now, if I lived in a swing state I would vote for Obama.
Just curious - what has changed your views?  I am still on the fence myself right now, but, living in MA, it doesn't matter anyways.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 9:35 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


I could never vote for Romney.

I did however say all along, I generally vote Democrat, but I would have voted for Christie over Obama. Can you imagine if he was the nominee, this storm leading right into the election? Would have been a circus but might have been something that would have put him over the top. This is the kind of stuff that puts his strengths on display.




Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/31/2012 9:38 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


I would have voted for Huntsman over Obama...interesting because for the last month, Romney has basically tried to become Huntsman.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 9:48 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


Yes, but this presumes that Christie would've been neck and neck with Obama through three debates and the campaign.

What do you like about Chris Christie, G4? 

Gillen4 wrote: I could never vote for Romney.

I did however say all along, I generally vote Democrat, but I would have voted for Christie over Obama. Can you imagine if he was the nominee, this storm leading right into the election? Would have been a circus but might have been something that would have put him over the top. This is the kind of stuff that puts his strengths on display.

“I don’t feel student-athletes should get hundreds of thousands of dollars, but like I said, there are hungry nights that I go to bed and I’m starving,” Napier said to reporters.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 10:07 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



gofriars08 wrote:
Classof29 wrote: I live in RI, so my vote does not count. I will vote for Johnson because I would like for other voices to be heard.

I was supporting Romney until about a week ago, but now, if I lived in a swing state I would vote for Obama.
Just curious - what has changed your views?  I am still on the fence myself right now, but, living in MA, it doesn't matter anyways.
I'm also curious. What in the last week or so has changed your mind?
____________________________
“I like when we’re overlooked. We’re going to bite some asses…believe me when I tell you that.”
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 10:45 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


Quite honestly it is completely personality driven. I...and I think a lot people...are craving a personality that isn't blow-dried and test marketed and is a little more honest with the public. Even through this storm I get the sense that Christie actually gives a **** what is happening. I don't always get that sense from many politicians.
friarfan7 wrote: Yes, but this presumes that Christie would've been neck and neck with Obama through three debates and the campaign.

What do you like about Chris Christie, G4? 

Gillen4 wrote: I could never vote for Romney.

I did however say all along, I generally vote Democrat, but I would have voted for Christie over Obama. Can you imagine if he was the nominee, this storm leading right into the election? Would have been a circus but might have been something that would have put him over the top. This is the kind of stuff that puts his strengths on display.




Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 10:48 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



Gillen4 wrote: Quite honestly it is completely personality driven. I...and I think a lot people...are craving a personality that isn't blow-dried and test marketed and is a little more honest with the public. Even through this storm I get the sense that Christie actually gives a **** what is happening. I don't always get that sense from many politicians.
friarfan7 wrote: Yes, but this presumes that Christie would've been neck and neck with Obama through three debates and the campaign.

What do you like about Chris Christie, G4? 

Gillen4 wrote: I could never vote for Romney.

I did however say all along, I generally vote Democrat, but I would have voted for Christie over Obama. Can you imagine if he was the nominee, this storm leading right into the election? Would have been a circus but might have been something that would have put him over the top. This is the kind of stuff that puts his strengths on display.
I agree about personality but I don't think Christie would play well nationally. Besides the fact that his extreme obesity would be an issue, IMO, I think the more vanilla you are the better nationally with the electorate. Just another sad reality of the national electorate IMO.
____________________________
“I like when we’re overlooked. We’re going to bite some asses…believe me when I tell you that.”
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 11:13 AM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


It is sad, and I agree with you on all points. If he ever does go national the party will water his personality down so much he'll just be another candidate.




Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/31/2012 1:10 PM

Re: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



Gillen4 wrote: It is sad, and I agree with you on all points. If he ever does go national the party will water his personality down so much he'll just be another candidate.
I agree too. Chris Christie the Governor does not equal Chris Christie the President (personality wise anyway).

Last edited 10/31/2012 1:10 PM by friarPC87

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 3:08 PM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



peeps4life wrote: i refuse to vote for a 3rd party because i find it disingenuous. i think my voice will be heard louder in the case of romney winning a popular vote by a significant margin. maybe that would make some headway vs. the electoral college.

just MHO.
disingenuous?  Please, nothing is more disingenuous then the current two parties controlling everything.

If Johnson can get just 5% of the vote in this country, everything will change for the better.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/31/2012 3:30 PM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



FriarJ wrote:
peeps4life wrote: i refuse to vote for a 3rd party because i find it disingenuous. i think my voice will be heard louder in the case of romney winning a popular vote by a significant margin. maybe that would make some headway vs. the electoral college.

just MHO.
disingenuous?  Please, nothing is more disingenuous then the current two parties controlling everything.

If Johnson can get just 5% of the vote in this country, everything will change for the better.
How so?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 3:36 PM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


http://www.garyjohnson2012.com...e-the-5-percent

If he can get 5% of the vote in this election, he will be allowed to participate in everything in 2016
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 3:44 PM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 



peeps4life wrote: i refuse to vote for a 3rd party because i find it disingenuous. i think my voice will be heard louder in the case of romney winning a popular vote by a significant margin. maybe that would make some headway vs. the electoral college.

just MHO.
One more thing in regards to being disingenuous, I would say that voting for somebody that you don't believe in is the biggest disingenuous waste of all.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/31/2012 3:58 PM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


i agree. i wish after all the republican primary exposure that ron paul ran under another party, as he would legitimately have a shot at the 5% plus. quite a movement he's started the last 5-10 years.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/31/2012 11:48 PM

RE: What is your vote--or are you still undecided? 


I get you point but I'm not sure if it will help in the long term. John Anderson got 7% in 1980. The thinking was it would bolster the 3rd party/Independent cause but the momentum quickly faded. Maybe the country is ready to hear a different voice now. At least if he gets 5% he gets that opportunity.
FriarJ wrote:
peeps4life wrote: i refuse to vote for a 3rd party because i find it disingenuous. i think my voice will be heard louder in the case of romney winning a popular vote by a significant margin. maybe that would make some headway vs. the electoral college.

just MHO.
disingenuous?  Please, nothing is more disingenuous then the current two parties controlling everything.

If Johnson can get just 5% of the vote in this country, everything will change for the better.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >