Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 8  Next >

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President?

Posted: 2/4/2012 9:05 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Silly in your opinion, fact in reality, Ron Paul isnt gonna win POTUS...whether or not you feel he is the best candidate, I dont agree with all his policies...some yes, some no...but he has a less chance at being President as Haley Barbour getting re-elected (IF he could run)...and for the record Romney isnt my 'perfect candidate'....

NO 3rd party is going to beat Obummer, so by proxy, a vote against a truly viable candidate (GOP) is a vote for Obummer...
And it doesnt baffle truly you... (whether we have to hold our nose to click on the decision...its better than whats in there now...) ...I wished Hillary would run against Obummer as a 3rd party candidate...she'd take a LOT of HIS votes...

"I dont care anymore"
Phil Collins
Done
über
et bien fini

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/4/2012 9:56 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


What you don't understand is that democrats use that same argument when democrats choose to vote for a third party candidate instead of the democratic nominee. That's what they said about the democrats who voted for Ralph Nader in 2004. That's why the whole argument is silly and makes no sense. You vote for the person you feel is the best person for the job, and regardless of what party they are in that's a vote for THAT person. It's dumb when republicans say its just another vote for the democrat and it's equally as dumb when democrats say its the same as a vote for a republican candidate.

If a person does not want "A" or "B", but see a candidate in "C" that they like... Then they should vote for "C"! If "A" and "B" are both piles of crap, who cares which one doesn't smell as bad as the other one... It's still crap! Don't vote for crap!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/4/2012 10:04 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 




---------------------------------------------
--- SaratogaSprings wrote:

What you don't understand is that democrats use that same argument when democrats choose to vote for a third party candidate instead of the democratic nominee. That's what they said about the democrats who voted for Ralph Nader in 2004. That's why the whole argument is silly and makes no sense. You vote for the person you feel is the best person for the job, and regardless of what party they are in that's a vote for THAT person. It's dumb when republicans say its just another vote for the democrat and it's equally as dumb when democrats say its the same as a vote for a republican candidate.

If a person does not want "A" or "B", but see a candidate in "C" that they like... Then they should vote for "C"! If "A" and "B" are both piles of crap, who cares which one doesn't smell as bad as the other one... It's still crap! Don't vote for crap!

---------------------------------------------

This is a classical example of a pyrrhic victory. Congratulations, your conscience is clear. Realpolitik is that it is better to have half a loaf than to have no bread.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/4/2012 10:19 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Not if the bread has arsenic in it...

Last edited 2/4/2012 10:20 PM by SaratogaSprings

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 1:47 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


The analogy obviously doesn't work if it went: It's better to have half a dose of poison than no dose of poison.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 1:58 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


I have yet to see any conclusive evidence indicating that Romney would be a better President than Obama.

Oh, I hear a lot of people say that anyone would be better than Obama. But that's opinion. Like Sgt. Friday, I want evidence.

Last edited 2/5/2012 1:58 PM by rockwebmaster

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 2:41 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


US debt from 1776 to Obama - $10.6 trillion
US debt from Obama to present - $15.3 trillion

$10 trillion in 232 years
$ 5 trillion in 3 years.

What was it you didn't like about Bush, and all the other Rs you constantly rail about?
rockwebmaster wrote: I have yet to see any conclusive evidence indicating that Romney would be a better President than Obama.

Oh, I hear a lot of people say that anyone would be better than Obama. But that's opinion. Like Sgt. Friday, I want evidence.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 2:43 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 




---------------------------------------------
--- soccerfut wrote:

The analogy obviously doesn't work if it went: It's better to have half a dose of poison than no dose of poison.

---------------------------------------------

You said half a loaf is better than no bread at all. If the half a loaf is poison, then it's better to have no bread at all.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 2:45 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 




---------------------------------------------
--- rockwebmaster wrote:

I have yet to see any conclusive evidence indicating that Romney would be a better President than Obama.

Oh, I hear a lot of people say that anyone would be better than Obama. But that's opinion. Like Sgt. Friday, I want evidence.

---------------------------------------------

The spending under a candidate like romney would not be as much and not near as fast a pace as Obama's spending has been. It will still be bad, and eventually we would still collapse... Just not at the same pace as Obama would have us.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 3:49 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 



---------------------------------------------
--- SaratogaSprings wrote:



---------------------------------------------
--- soccerfut wrote:

The analogy obviously doesn't work if it went: It's better to have half a dose of poison than no dose of poison.

---------------------------------------------

You said half a loaf is better than no bread at all. If the half a loaf is poison, then it's better to have no bread at all.

---------------------------------------------
We are going to have an election this year to instruct the Electoral College on how to represent us, we aren't likely to choose no one. Hence, with no great and perfect candidate to choose from, (no one I know of is thrilled with any electable candidate) we will have to choose the best remaining person. Half a loaf, hold the poison, please.

Last edited 2/5/2012 3:49 PM by soccerfut

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 3:51 PM

Re: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 



SaratogaSprings wrote: It's about delegates... It's no about who wins the primary elections, it's about who secures the most delegates. After today he has a good chance at having the 2nd most delegates of all candidates.

---------------------------------------------
--- tr1904 wrote:

Which of the primary elections has Paul won to date?



---------------------------------------------
The point is he cant even win in the GOP primary and we are supposed to believe he can win in a general election?  Also, Paul is currently 4th in the delegate standing with a paltry 7. The only guy he is ahead of is a guy that dropped out a while back.

LINK
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 4:14 PM

Re: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 



Again general elections and primaries are two totally different animals. And the delegate count is not important right now because it's still early. We have had 5 states so far... We aren't even close to being near the required delegate count needed to clinch the nomination, or as in RP's case, enough to make it to the national convention.
---------------------------------------------
--- tr1904 wrote:


SaratogaSprings wrote: It's about delegates... It's no about who wins the primary elections, it's about who secures the most delegates. After today he has a good chance at having the 2nd most delegates of all candidates.

---------------------------------------------
--- tr1904 wrote:

Which of the primary elections has Paul won to date?



---------------------------------------------
The point is he cant even win in the GOP primary and we are supposed to believe he can win in a general election?  Also, Paul is currently 4th in the delegate standing with a paltry 7. The only guy he is ahead of is a guy that dropped out a while back.

LINK

---------------------------------------------

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 7:09 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 



phswarrior wrote: US debt from 1776 to Obama - $10.6 trillion
US debt from Obama to present - $15.3 trillion

$10 trillion in 232 years
$ 5 trillion in 3 years.
I take it that in your country the President has absolute and sole authority to authorize public spending and accrue public debt. That is not the case in the United States of America.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 7:31 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Well tell me then, Richard, why do you blame Bush for everything? More of your BS responses when you have no answer. Obama had an agenda. Reid and Pelosi were more than happy to open up the coffers for this clown. Your clown.
rockwebmaster wrote:
phswarrior wrote: US debt from 1776 to Obama - $10.6 trillion
US debt from Obama to present - $15.3 trillion

$10 trillion in 232 years
$ 5 trillion in 3 years.
I take it that in your country the President has absolute and sole authority to authorize public spending and accrue public debt. That is not the case in the United States of America.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/5/2012 8:24 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


My clown?

I didn't vote for him.

Never voted for Bush either! (Very proud of that fact!)

I blame Bush for one thing and one thing only (But it is, in my mind, a very important thing): He choked - absolutely choked! - on going after al Qaeda and bin Laden after 9/11. Instead, he allowed himself to get sidetracked into a useless - and tremendously expensive, I might add - war in Iraq when he should have focused his attention and the resources of the United States on capturing, killing, and otherwise annihilating the worthless anal pores that actually attacked the United States of America.

Do you disagree?

Tell me, please, since you seem to be so informed on our national debt. How much of that money was wasted in Iraq? How much? To the penny!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 5:30 AM

Re: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 



SaratogaSprings wrote:
Again general elections and primaries are two totally different animals. And the delegate count is not important right now because it's still early. We have had 5 states so far... We aren't even close to being near the required delegate count needed to clinch the nomination, or as in RP's case, enough to make it to the national convention.
---------------------------------------------
--- tr1904 wrote:


SaratogaSprings wrote: It's about delegates... It's no about who wins the primary elections, it's about who secures the most delegates. After today he has a good chance at having the 2nd most delegates of all candidates.

---------------------------------------------
--- tr1904 wrote:

Which of the primary elections has Paul won to date?



---------------------------------------------
The point is he cant even win in the GOP primary and we are supposed to believe he can win in a general election?  Also, Paul is currently 4th in the delegate standing with a paltry 7. The only guy he is ahead of is a guy that dropped out a while back.

LINK

---------------------------------------------
So. Much. Spin.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 8:16 AM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Ok... If you think so. I'm afraid you just don't understand RP's goal and strategy in this.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 8:38 AM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


two points....

1. I personally could care less who you vote for, but your hatred toward bush for iraq is so two faced!  You are spilling these ideas of this"useless war"......since you are so informed on what our former POTUS knew, please share.  The fact is, you don't.  You assume.  To assume does alot if you know what i mean too. There very well may have been and probably was suffecient and abounding information that our intel knew was happening there.  but in the same token, there very well may not have been. For you to hate on someone about giving their opinion as fact is no different than what i am doing now.  This is crazy.

2. Obama has increased welfare by millions!!  Way more than any other prez....i don't know that 100% as fact...but feel strongly about it!  SO Obama may not be the best candidate....singer, yes, president, NO!
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. -Vincent T. Lombardi
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 9:24 AM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Okay, I'll share.

I, like Bush, know that Iraq has never attacked the United States. This is fact, not opinion.

I, like Bush, also know that al Qaeda operatives did attack the United States. They (bin Laden, et al) claimed responsibility for it. This is fact, not opinion.

I don't hate Bush. I don't approve of the job he did as President, but that doesn't mean I hate him. For you to assume that I would hate a person merely because he's taken on a task beyond his competence is crazy!

For the record, I'm not happy with Obama's actions vis a vis Iraq either. The little "two-step" of first attempting to negotiate a new SOF agreement then, when that failed, withdrawing the troops and claiming that by doing so he had kept a campaign promise (technically true, but if that was the intent, why negotiate to keep them there?), was bald-faced political spin.

And if welfare has only increased by "millions," given the rate of unemployment, kudos to the administration for keeping it so low.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 9:34 AM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Well, i am glad you are so informed on the intel of the administration.  who are you to judge that the task he took on was beyond his competence? 

if you think, in your heart of hearts, that the unemployement and amount of increase in welfare is low, you trully are demented.  and i am sure you will requote me and turn something i said around that tries to make me sound silly....in the end, all the readers know and understand what i am saying....Ron Paul would be much better for our country that BHO.
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. -Vincent T. Lombardi
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 10:01 AM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


The intelligence that was given for Iraq has long been proven false. Even the bush administration blamed it on faulty intelligence. It does not take a rocks scientist to understand our reasoning for going to war in Iraq. I know people don't like I think that, but they should. Patriotism was running high after the attacks on 9-11, and the bush administratin knew they could divert the war in afghanistan to Iraq without much opposition.

The unemployment numbers don't tell the whole truth. Unemployment is much higher than what it shows, the government tries to manipulate the numbers by creating more government jobs, or jobs that are only part time, in attempt to make the numbers look better so voters will believe things are beginning to turn around. That especially is true during election times.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 10:32 AM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Rice, cheyney, and bush, have all declared that there was substantial reason for going to war with Iraq...I too have heard people from this admin state there was faulty intel...i also believe there was good intel. I believe that to be the case now...im sure there is both coming in. There are many in the Obama admin that says unemployment is not that bad...what i am saying...just because people around the situation make comments about the "goingson" doesn't make it the case. I also understand the flip side. There really possibly could have been no viable reason to go to Iraq. Either way, I find it hard, saratoga, for someone to say this is the case...when in fact, they do not know. you may think you know, but you could be wrong. Rock, talks about one administration like he was in the meetings with the prez. Then, questions others, when they speak about the current one. Thats what i am trying to say here. I can't say to you all that Obama is wrong, or right about alot of his decisions because i don't have the info. I disagree with him on alot because his views or in direct conflict with my convictions. he should have been a singer!! lol...anyways, Mathew ch 7 vs 1 says judge not, lest ye be judged. I know I have my convictions, but we should be open minded to all. Saying that, to answer the thread question, no, RP is not too old to be prez...
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. -Vincent T. Lombardi
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 1:34 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Unless your national security is threatened, there is not a good reason to go to war.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 1:45 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 



MagicDUB wrote: Well, i am glad you are so informed on the intel of the administration.  who are you to judge that the task he took on was beyond his competence?
A U.S. citizen and a registered voter. That's who I am to judge.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:02 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


By DUB's own reasoning, no one should question Obama or any President before or after him.

Anyway, here's a simple question. I ask it not in a rhetorical or snarky manner; I ask it earnestly and sincerely because I'm interested in seeing the responses. Are we any more or less safe after having invaded Iraq, and if so, what facts or evidence can you show to support your response?
___

Help my friends!
Donation page
Thread
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:09 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Less safe... Simply because we have created more hatred toward us due to our interventions in other countries affairs. If Russia decided they were going to set up bases on our land and pick our presidents for us, we wouldn't think too kindly of them... Same principle applies.

Last edited 2/6/2012 2:09 PM by SaratogaSprings

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:10 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 



SaratogaSprings wrote: Less safe... Simply because we have created more hatred toward us due to our interventions in other countries affairs. If Russia decided they were going to set up bases on our land and pick our presidents for us, we wouldn't think too kindly of them... Same principle applies.
(Damn!)

As difficult as it is to admit, I agree with you on this point.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:12 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Well I take it back then

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:15 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


Aside from the fact that Ron Paul will not be the nominee:

1. Ron Paul has, undeniably, mobilized and orchestrated a grass-roots movement that is incredible to believe. Scores of younger generation Americans have begun adopting his principles into every day conversation. The fact that we're even discussing if we should cut billions (or trillions) out of the budget, or take a closer look at the Fed, or microscope our wasteful spending is testament that his efforts (along with others) are having some type of effect on our general attitude toward government.

2. Ron is probably in better shape (physically) than most people give him credit for. I think he'd be just fine in the Oval Office.

Last edited 2/6/2012 2:16 PM by wildbill07

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:30 PM

RE: Is Ron Paul too old to be President? 


How often do you see 18-30 year olds chanting "End the Fed" at a rally for a 76 year old man like it was a rock concert?

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 8  Next >