Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 2  

RE: Teams under the radar.

Posted: 1/30/2012 3:19 PM

RE: Teams under the radar. 



superman18 wrote: not sure what you remember from last year but Vicksburgs "golden opportunity" was being 3rd in their district and having to play Tupelo and travel for the first game? Also Clinton will be very strong this year with lots of depth in both hitting and pitching! they have a very good chance to win the district, if not sweep it like they did last year.
Actually, they played South Panola in the first round and lost in three games. They lost a very winnable Game 1 at home, rolled in Game 2, then blew two huge leads in Game 3 — 8-0 after three innings and a five-run lead in the bottom of the seventh.
In addition, Games 2 and 3 were played at Madison Central because Panola's field was underwater. So Vicksburg didn't even have to make the long trip to Batesville, but Panola essentially played all three games on the road.

Had Vicksburg won that series, they would've played a .500 Horn Lake team in round two before moving on to face Madison Central (where the run probably would've ended regardless).
Vicksburg was third in its district, but it was one of those weird years where being third gave them the best draw in the playoff bracket. Clinton had to play Northwest Rankin in its first series and Warren Central got Madison Central in round two.
Hence, a "golden opportunity" wasted. Vicksburg wouldn't have made it to Trustmark, I don't think, but they had ample opportunity to stick around longer than they did.

Last edited 1/30/2012 3:21 PM by VBPostWriter

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/31/2012 5:15 PM

RE: Teams under the radar. 



superman18 wrote: not sure what you remember from last year but Vicksburgs "golden opportunity" was being 3rd in their district and having to play Tupelo and travel for the first game? Also Clinton will be very strong this year with lots of depth in both hitting and pitching! they have a very good chance to win the district, if not sweep it like they did last year.

clinton lost everybody but catcher who do they have to take thier place hitting n pitching
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/1/2012 9:12 AM

RE: Teams under the radar. 



VBPostWriter wrote:
LOVETOTEACHBALL wrote: How will the Warren Central/ Vicksburg district be this year?
Not sure how Clinton looks, but Vicksburg and Warren Central should both be pretty good.
Vicksburg has a lot of talent back from a team that, quite frankly, blew a golden opportunity last year. They were set up for a deep run in the playoffs and let that first-round series get away.
Warren Central is looking even better. Loads of talent, they got a couple of transfers (including one of Vicksburg's top pitchers, Cody Waddell) and are two-deep at every position. They seem dedicated and hungry, too. There's a lot of confidence that they can make it to Trustmark this year.
Waddell transfer? How could this happen? Under what rule could this happen?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/2/2012 4:59 PM

Re: Teams under the radar. 


Terry may do better than people think, 8 Seniors, with us it all depends on the bats, pretty strong every where else.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/3/2012 7:51 AM

RE: Teams under the radar. 


they have some kids who DH'd alot and did very well and have 9 seniors this year and the most depth they have ever had in their pitching rotation since i have been following.  they had several infielders get plenty of playing time last year and they have enough experience.  they did very well this summer and i expect them to do well this spring to.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/3/2012 10:41 AM

RE: Teams under the radar. 



superman18 wrote: they have some kids who DH'd alot and did very well and have 9 seniors this year and the most depth they have ever had in their pitching rotation since i have been following.  they had several infielders get plenty of playing time last year and they have enough experience.  they did very well this summer and i expect them to do well this spring to.
Does Terry still have the same coach they had 3-4 years ago? IIRC, he was one of the better ones around.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/3/2012 5:08 PM

RE: Teams under the radar. 


not very sure but i believe so. i am buddies with an assistant coach and i know for sure that he has been there atleast 5 yrs
Reply | Quote
  • TREBELS
  • Loyalist
  • 377 posts this site

Posted: 2/4/2012 6:48 PM

Re: Teams under the radar. 


St. Joe & TCPS are the teams to be out of the north but not sure who could be the Falkner out of div 1 & 2 this year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2012 7:41 PM

Re: Teams under the radar. 


Columbia is going to be young, but scrappy! Can't wait they have 3 great coaches, that will get everything out of these guys!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/16/2012 3:03 PM

RE: Teams under the radar. 




---------------------------------------------
--- basbalfreek1 wrote:

Pascagoula lost only 4 seniors with only 2 who had real talent watch them to make a run at state this year.

---------------------------------------------

And they have better/deeper pitching than most realize.....Olsen & McCarty (Moss Point's district pitcher that transferred) plus Cowart, Knight, Lott and Melendez when he gets healthy.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/24/2012 10:21 AM

Re: Teams under the radar. 



Purvis7 wrote: I heard that folks in Greene are predicting a state title this season

LOL..... Made me chuckle!  Good Luck to the Wildcats!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/11/2012 6:06 AM

Re: Teams under the radar. 


After a couple of weeks of baseball how does everyone feel now?

Seminary 4-17 last year, 5-1 so far this year. Big turnaround

Pass - from a 29 game losing streak over two seasons, 10 run ruled 19 out of 20 games last year to 5-2 and 3-0 in district this season

Bay- 5-2, good pitching and great defense wins games.

Twiiter    @ gcbengal88
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/16/2012 8:39 AM

Re: Teams under the radar. 



gcbengal wrote:

After a couple of weeks of baseball how does everyone feel now?

Seminary 4-17 last year, 5-1 so far this year. Big turnaround

Pass - from a 29 game losing streak over two seasons, 10 run ruled 19 out of 20 games last year to 5-2 and 3-0 in district this season

Bay- 5-2, good pitching and great defense wins games.

Our kids have already won more games this year than they did the whole season last year. tongue I'm proud of the improvements they've made but there's still room for more. It's amazing to me that this "no talented" (according to a former coach) group of kids have won 6 out of their last 8 games eek
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 2