Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 2  

Re: Pray for prayer

Posted: 2/18/2012 4:28 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


Glad to see Dexter and Durant boys last night join in prayer after a big battle on the court last night. They played at west lincoln in the south state tournament. No problems at all amazing how about 12 miles makes a difference in leadership and perspective on a situation.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2012 11:15 AM

Re: Pray for prayer 


The furture of our children is lying in the hands of these people. Come on guys wake up! It's time someone steps in and does something about this. Look at the coaching staff up here it's the laughing stock of the county. You can only defend them so much and let's just put the prayer issue aside for a second, and pretend that didn't happen,She's still not a good coach, and as far as the AD goes  well most people are required to pass their state test before getting hired. You tell me???noidea

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/23/2012 11:17 AM

Re: Pray for prayer 


I started this post to show how satin is running ramped through our schools. And thank you shsalum04 and SoccerMom07 for proving my point. SoccerMom07, you claim to be a Christian, but clearly stand against God. Revelations 3:16 says “So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” Luke 9:26 says “If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Please SoccerMom07; do not attempt to reply as you will only prove my point more.

My other reason for this post was to open the eyes of the citizens of Lincoln County and the Enterprise community. And from some of the replies, I not only opened some eyes but opened some mouths as well.  The reason for so many “Rookie” post is for a couple of reasons. When this post first hit scout it was printed out and all over the Wesson and Enterprise community. Some had never heard of Scout and was anxious to voice their concerns and the thing they knew. Others were people that had created new user names to conceal their identity. Why, well it’s simple. They know their family members would pay for their comments if they were to find out who said what. So wolfpack53 before tell people to be quiet because they don’t know what they’re talking about you may want to do some investigating about the truth. But I have a feeling you already know the truth, don’t you? And the number you posted does nothing to help. In fact it would probably cause more harm.

So, why don’t we just get down to the nitty gritty and just spill the beans so everyone can see what’s going on. Let’s start at the top and work down. Superintendent of Education for Lincoln County, he has his wife teaching at Enterprise as well as his son. As for as I know there are no big issues with his wife as a teacher but seems to have a problem with just being a mom when it comes to basketball, how many coaches does Enterprise need? Obviously a few more. His son, well let’s just say maturity is a problem. On many occasions you can’t tell the difference between him and the students. Shouldn’t there be a dress code for faculty? And some should remind him what’s said in the classroom does not stay there.

Board member Kay Coon, mother to the Head Basketball Coach Jill Nations mother to last year’s Head Fastpitch Softball Coach, Charissa Burke, mother to Assistant Fastpitch Softball Coach Chad Coon. I would list the rest of her relatives on staff but I think I would run out of room. Maybe that explains how a coach with a 30% winning record keeps a job. Enterprise has lost two good basketball coaches because of her. One went to Loyd Star after much pressure being applied by the family so that daughter Jill Nations could become the new head coach. The other went to Wesson because she was a threat to Coach Nations. It was obvious she was a better coach as you can see when Wesson plays Enterprise. Oh and by the way, when this year’s Enterprise team was in jr high they were coached by Wesson’s current coach and beat everyone. The same team under the current leadership finished the season 3 and 7 in district and 11 and 17 overall. I know, all those jr high teams were just holding back until they got to high school. If want to double check me go to Maxpreps and see for yourself, which you will find two players stat mysteriously no long on Maxprep. Who is the adult now? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, Enterprise had two starters benched. Two starters that lead just about all the stats and did so even after they quit. This family has done nothing but bad mouth these two and their family. Note to Coach Nations and her family, you should watch what you say as many people know these two and their family and know why you benched them. This smoke you’re blowing isn’t working. Politics and basketball don’t mix.

I almost forgot Eubanks, Head of Administration at Enterprise. Well, simply put a puppet on a string. Dances when told to dance. What do you think of a man that handles fights by punishing everyone? Don’t tell him Tom and Jack are about to fight because the kids will lose their break. Why not just confront Tom and Jack? No guts to stand up for what’s right.

Well, I’m running out of time and space. Let me just add, what I’ve just stated is the fact and is just scratching the surface.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/23/2012 1:01 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


I totally agree with bball4ever2.  It was laid out on the line by this individual.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/23/2012 1:21 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 



Bball4ever2 wrote:

I started this post to show how satin is running ramped through our schools.

Satin running ramped?

Is this thread really about possessed fabrics running up handicapped-access ramps at schools?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/23/2012 1:28 PM

RE: Pray for prayer 


Both losing records.... not to much to compare...

Lets compare this year .......

Magee and Wesson 18 - 14
Nations and Enterprise 11 - 17


Your right its not all about Coaches because usually a good coach improves!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/23/2012 4:28 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


You're right.  It is terrible that "satin is running ramped through our schools"!  If they allow that to happen, what's next?  Velvet?
Sorry, couldn't resist! 
But seriously, your disrespect for Soccermom is unfair and unreasonable.  As far as saying for her not even to respond because whatever she says will only make it worse....Is that a Christian attitude?  Is that what Christianity or Democracy is about, squelching the voice of your opposition? Sounds more like a tactic of the radical left or a totalitarian regime.  Perhaps you should learn the difference between the devil and a piece of cloth before declaring your opinion to be the alpha and the omega.  
p.s., what does "running ramped" mean?  Must be some new kind of jargon. 
  Bball4ever2 wrote:

I started this post to show how satin is running ramped through our schools. And thank you shsalum04 and SoccerMom07 for proving my point. SoccerMom07, you claim to be a Christian, but clearly stand against God. Revelations 3:16 says “So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” Luke 9:26 says “If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Please SoccerMom07; do not attempt to reply as you will only prove my point more.

My other reason for this post was to open the eyes of the citizens of Lincoln County and the Enterprise community. And from some of the replies, I not only opened some eyes but opened some mouths as well.  The reason for so many “Rookie” post is for a couple of reasons. When this post first hit scout it was printed out and all over the Wesson and Enterprise community. Some had never heard of Scout and was anxious to voice their concerns and the thing they knew. Others were people that had created new user names to conceal their identity. Why, well it’s simple. They know their family members would pay for their comments if they were to find out who said what. So wolfpack53 before tell people to be quiet because they don’t know what they’re talking about you may want to do some investigating about the truth. But I have a feeling you already know the truth, don’t you? And the number you posted does nothing to help. In fact it would probably cause more harm.

So, why don’t we just get down to the nitty gritty and just spill the beans so everyone can see what’s going on. Let’s start at the top and work down. Superintendent of Education for Lincoln County, he has his wife teaching at Enterprise as well as his son. As for as I know there are no big issues with his wife as a teacher but seems to have a problem with just being a mom when it comes to basketball, how many coaches does Enterprise need? Obviously a few more. His son, well let’s just say maturity is a problem. On many occasions you can’t tell the difference between him and the students. Shouldn’t there be a dress code for faculty? And some should remind him what’s said in the classroom does not stay there.

Board member Kay Coon, mother to the Head Basketball Coach Jill Nations mother to last year’s Head Fastpitch Softball Coach, Charissa Burke, mother to Assistant Fastpitch Softball Coach Chad Coon. I would list the rest of her relatives on staff but I think I would run out of room. Maybe that explains how a coach with a 30% winning record keeps a job. Enterprise has lost two good basketball coaches because of her. One went to Loyd Star after much pressure being applied by the family so that daughter Jill Nations could become the new head coach. The other went to Wesson because she was a threat to Coach Nations. It was obvious she was a better coach as you can see when Wesson plays Enterprise. Oh and by the way, when this year’s Enterprise team was in jr high they were coached by Wesson’s current coach and beat everyone. The same team under the current leadership finished the season 3 and 7 in district and 11 and 17 overall. I know, all those jr high teams were just holding back until they got to high school. If want to double check me go to Maxpreps and see for yourself, which you will find two players stat mysteriously no long on Maxprep. Who is the adult now? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, Enterprise had two starters benched. Two starters that lead just about all the stats and did so even after they quit. This family has done nothing but bad mouth these two and their family. Note to Coach Nations and her family, you should watch what you say as many people know these two and their family and know why you benched them. This smoke you’re blowing isn’t working. Politics and basketball don’t mix.

I almost forgot Eubanks, Head of Administration at Enterprise. Well, simply put a puppet on a string. Dances when told to dance. What do you think of a man that handles fights by punishing everyone? Don’t tell him Tom and Jack are about to fight because the kids will lose their break. Why not just confront Tom and Jack? No guts to stand up for what’s right.

Well, I’m running out of time and space. Let me just add, what I’ve just stated is the fact and is just scratching the surface.

Never underestimate the power of the truth.

Last edited 2/23/2012 4:32 PM by HillsHoops

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/23/2012 6:49 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


Who's George? Who's Jay Fulmer?  Who cares?
And are you defending the "satin running ramped" comment or the "don't bother to reply" comment as a value?
I stand by my Christian and American values.  Soccermom should have every bit as much right to comment as bball4ever2.  I stand by his - and your - rights to express yourself even if neither one of you knows the difference between evil incarnate and a piece of shimmery fabric. 
Get a grip on reality.  If you want to talk about Florida, why are you doing it on a Mississippi site?

Never underestimate the power of the truth.

Last edited 2/23/2012 6:57 PM by HillsHoops

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/23/2012 8:13 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 



HillsHoops wrote: You're right.  It is terrible that "satin is running ramped through our schools"!  If they allow that to happen, what's next?  Velvet?.
Chiffon, or possibly Spandex®
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/23/2012 11:14 PM

RE: Pray for prayer 




---------------------------------------------
--- redneckboy06 wrote:


wolfpack53 wrote: maybe Enterprise Lincoln should hire Steve Thompson

I don't think he would be a very good fit...he likes to TROLL too much.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/24/2012 9:27 AM

Re: Pray for prayer 


If u were there then u know there was not a captive audience and that coach Nations was the only one coercing those girls.. Because the majority that didn't go out there and pray w/ wesson said they wished they had. They were FORCED to go in that dressing room and what about coach Nations praying and having devotion with these girls?! I guess the rules only apply when certain people see fit, The only people that don't see anything with wrong with what happened in the gym, not once but several times, are the family of the EHS coach. (and the people that have no clue what this is really about) EVERYBODY that was there knew exactly what it was about and saw her true colors.  And as far as those two girls not being team players thats the biggest joke yet!!!.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/24/2012 2:28 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


It looks like we dug up a family member. Wolfpack, you can try and take up for her actions all you want but the fact is, she did not only hurt two very sweet, hardworking, team playing and very talented young ladies but she hurt the team as well. The best excuse she could come up with is “I’m doing what’s best for the team”. Well, that really worked! They probably showed her more respect than she deserved. As I said before, politics and basketball do not mix. Maybe they should remember that this year as the Board of Education for the Enterprise area is up for vote. I think it’s time for a change!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/24/2012 3:00 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


Love it!
rockwebmaster wrote:
jacketfanforever wrote:
Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation
Why doesn't Westboro Baptist picket them?

They could potentially sue one another out of existence.

Never underestimate the power of the truth.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/24/2012 3:11 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


I have no clue who you are, but I 100% back up everything you just said. It's unfortunate that people have to be called out by name, but it really is time for something to happen.  I know the Coon family quite well and all in all they're not bad people.  I think that they truly believe that they are doing everything right by this school. I think they feel like a real asset and as if they own it in some way.  I'm sure Jill stands behind every decision she has made.  As ugly as this is going to sound, I think there's just a lot of back woods ignorance at work.  People often can't see their own faults and mothers of all people can't.  I think Jill loves basketball, maybe even lets it define who she is.  She is also surrounded by people who tell her she's awesome at it.  Nobody wants to break a family member's heart.  I wish she could find it in herself to step down from it.  Would be great if she could be a junior high coach and let someone else coach varsity.  The school is absolutely saturated with relatives and that never works.  I would love to work with my whole family as I love every single one of them, but I can tell you now, it's a bad idea.  There's zero accountability.  
As for the two starter's that were benched, I don't know the story behind that, but I do know that they are both exceptional young ladies and great basketball players.  The mother of one of the girls teaches more in the few minutes a week that she has our children than the teachers that have them for extended periods of time.  She is absolutely the best at what she does.  She has a gift with children and every last child in that school knows that they can come to her at any time.  She keeps her doors open for those that need a safe place at times when she could run them off if she wanted too.  I will be heart broken if she leaves, but I will understand.  
Reading everything on this board has really weighed heavy on my heart.  I wish so much that things could be different.  Maybe one day, but not anytime soon.  For those that are dumbfounded by everyone hiding their identity, you clearly don't know the situation at our school.  There will be payback.  I can take it, but it wouldn't be directed at me.  My child would suffer.  So many things would have to take place for things to be different.  We would have to have a change in school board members, a new superintendent, and a new principle.  Teacher's would have to readjust their work ethic, which means get up and teach, quick making snarky, mean comments to these kids and be an example.  These kids have absolutely no respect for this administration or the teachers.  This is a HUGE problem!  You have to give respect to get it.  Parents will not stand behind the administration or teachers because they don't trust their judgement.  It's hard enough to acknowledge that you child is wrong, and it's really hard when you CAN NOT trust the people that are delivering this info. to you.    I would agree that these kids are disrespectful and in desperate need of something to get them back in line.  The people running our school do not have the ability to do it because all trust is gone and it's not coming back.  What a great school this could be!  I can not stress what a gem it could be, I'm trying so hard to be optimistic and hope that it will get better, but.......

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/24/2012 9:56 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


Prayer is good.....

" Sure I  know I have plenty of enemies but I would rather be the most hated winner in America than the most beloved loser"-Adolph Rupp

"No Harold I am not a genius...but I am a damn good football coach"-Paul W. Bryant

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/27/2012 1:14 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


Student led prayer is not against the law to my knowledge.  What's  with Enterprise ???
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/27/2012 1:51 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


Never underestimate the power of the truth.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/28/2012 1:12 PM

Re: Pray for prayer 


Again this has nothing at all to do with prayer.  This is just one of many instances that Enterprise shows its true colors. I know for a fact because I worked at this horrible establishment under horrible circumstances.  Coach Nations truly would not keep her girls from praying, but she would under the instruction of Shannon Eubanks.  He would have given her no other option.  But this doesn't erase the jealousy that is apparent between the two coaches.  You see Jill's family thinks that noone can coach or teach but them.  Many a person (teachers and coaches) have been REPLACED because this family led by the school board member MOM and SUPERINTENDENT and PRINCIPAL lay all this out for themselves to try to reap rewards.  Nepotism is running a muck at this place.  Not many students advance anymore at Enterprise.  This starts from Administration on down.  Laws are haphazardly broken thinking that noone will notice or say anything.  Again another example, administration tried to manipulate past bookeepers for missplaced funds--she resigned.  A coach was set as the scapegoat --he also was let go.  
The few good  teachers that are there- are not utilized for fear they may set a standard to look up to.  Eubanks has never checked or even seen a lesson plan.  Maybe thats because according to a vast number of students and parents his wife doesnt teach and can't be bothered with lesson plans.  This would interrupt her hall time gossip sessions with other teachers that she accepts into her entourage.   Again, Terry Brister the super knows all this but says nothing.  He knows the school is under performing.  Not since Bruce Falvey or Billy Britt has Enterprise had strong numbers.  The early years of Eubanks tyranny doesn't count so don't go running to find those numbers---he had everybody thinking he cared so teachers tried.   The veteran teachers are fed up with the current administration and can't stand the way things are done.   Enterprise was once a family at one time. People prayed and even encouraged it regularly.  Prayer is not the issue here. Poor Admistration despite what the papers says is to blame.  Any monkey can repeat what was told to him or her to say.  There is need of a super restructuring of this school Administration, teachers, and coaches.  State dept. would have a field day if called on certain things.  Just a matter of time---just a matter of time.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 2