Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Southern Miss question

Avatar

Posted: 1/17/2013 11:00 PM

Southern Miss question 


Folks,

Sooner fan here - but my son and a couple of his friends from Texas are looking at Southern Miss, for schollies, partial schollies and walk ons, from Texas.

Have to admit I dont know the program and I woukd rather talk to fans than read some wiki page.

What can I tell these kids ?
You might be bigger, faster and stronger - but you will not out work me - ZRA
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 10:49 AM

Re: Southern Miss question 


Parties and womens.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:18 AM

Re: Southern Miss question 


Winning tradition, blue collar, and will play anyone, anywhere, anytime. Take away 2012 (Ellis Johnson) and we have had 18 straight winning seasons. We always have a great schedule. This coming season we will play Nebraska, Arkansas, and Boise St. We have been called Giant Killers, Nasty Bunch, etc... The hospitality is second to none. A lot of people come to Hattiesburg to attend Southern Miss and never leave. What have I missed guys?

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 7:19 PM

Re: Southern Miss question 



baseballfreak11 wrote:

Winning tradition, blue collar, and will play anyone, anywhere, anytime. Take away 2012 (Ellis Johnson) and we have had 18 straight winning seasons. We always have a great schedule. This coming season we will play Nebraska, Arkansas, and Boise St. We have been called Giant Killers, Nasty Bunch, etc... The hospitality is second to none. A lot of people come to Hattiesburg to attend Southern Miss and never leave. What have I missed guys?

Well said.  Southern Miss is a school that has accomplished more against the odds than any other school you'll find.  There are no Wal-Mart fans.  The core fans are as passionate as they get.  Aside from last seasons "bump in the road," other schools don't like to play Southern Miss because they know they are in for a dogfight.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 1:40 PM

Re: Southern Miss question 



BootleggersBoy wrote: Folks,

Sooner fan here - but my son and a couple of his friends from Texas are looking at Southern Miss, for schollies, partial schollies and walk ons, from Texas.

Have to admit I dont know the program and I woukd rather talk to fans than read some wiki page.

What can I tell these kids ?
I have a cousin that was on the team at OU the same 2 years that Heupel was the QB. He never played much, but his Sr year he got mucho shine: SR ring, Big 12 Championship ring, and a National Championship Ring.

What sports and positions do these folks play, and what are their interests are far as majors go?  Knowing that, we could be a lot more helpful.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/23/2013 11:05 AM

RE: Southern Miss question 


Great school to get an education and Hattiesburg is the top town in the state to live in my opinion.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/27/2013 1:53 PM

RE: Southern Miss question 


I love Hattiesburg and Southern Miss, but anyone that calls Hattiesburg the top town in the state to live in is sorely mistaken.
espnu wrote: Great school to get an education and Hattiesburg is the top town in the state to live in my opinion.
 
Reply | Quote