Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Another reason why Banowsky came

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:16 PM

Another reason why Banowsky came 


@AdamSparks: CUSA commish Britton Banowsky made pitch to Nashville Sports Council's Scott Ramsey to bring CUSA bball tourney to Nashville #MTSU
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:36 PM

Re: Another reason why Banowsky came 


http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130213/SPORTS0 6/302130164/Conference-USA-wants-bring-men-s-baske tball-tournament-Nashville

[Image: bilde?Site=DN&Date=20130213&...-Nashville]
Nashville Sports Council executive director Scott Ramsey, left, talks with Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Banowsky would like to bring the CUSA men's basketball tournament to Nashville. / MIKE ORGAN/THE TENNESSEAN


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page

Last edited 2/13/2013 3:38 PM by BlueHillbilly

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:40 PM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 


I may have blue glasses but I think it's a great fit. Town is amazing. Major airport for ease of access. plenty of downtown options. central location for conference. smart choice IF you were to make it a neutral site location.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:40 PM

Re: Another reason why Banowsky came 


Hehehe (from the PillPopper haven) :

Re: C-USA Commish...

Postby haskins » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Wonder if the Conf USA commish knows we could bring more fans than Middle?
haskins   Posts:  2819


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:50 PM

Re: Another reason why Banowsky came 


They are just an ignorant bunch of people

---------------------------------------------
--- BlueHillbilly wrote:

Hehehe (from the PillPopper haven) :

Re: C-USA Commish...

Postby haskins » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Wonder if the Conf USA commish knows we could bring more fans than Middle?

haskins   Posts:  2819

---------------------------------------------

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:54 PM

Re: Another reason why Banowsky came 


You spelled it wrong.

They spell it "ignurnt" in Kentucky.


blueraidersig wrote: They are just an ignorant bunch of people

---------------------------------------------
--- BlueHillbilly wrote:

Hehehe (from the PillPopper haven) :

Re: C-USA Commish...

Postby haskins » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Wonder if the Conf USA commish knows we could bring more fans than Middle?
haskins   Posts:  2819

---------------------------------------------


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:55 PM

Re: Another reason why Banowsky came 


dahbeed Offline 
1st String
*
 
Posts: 2,263
Joined: Jan 2005 
Reputation: 183 
I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
Location: in womans fantasies
Post: #63
RE: All Sun Belt 
god almighty it's not even close. not even debatable.

be proud of your team middle fans but don't be ignernt homers to that level. 

you have the best team in the belt by a large gap. 

knight can't carry rubit's gym bag for him. no comparison. 



BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:57 PM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 


I love it when Western-ites get their panties in a wad over our good fortune!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/13/2013 3:58 PM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 


Schadenfreude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


ClarksvilleRaider wrote: I love it when Western-ites get their panties in a wad over our good fortune!


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/13/2013 4:14 PM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 



BlueHillbilly wrote:

Schadenfreude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


ClarksvilleRaider wrote: I love it when Western-ites get their panties in a wad over our good fortune!
I figured I had some German in me.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2013 8:15 AM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 


lol WKU fans. Just like when they brought more than 8,000 to Nashville for their neutral site game. Oh, wait... that was us.

GO BLUE RAIDERS!
2011-2012 SBC Champions
2012 NIT Elite Eight
2011-2012 Coach & Player of the Year 

Reply | Quote
  • blueraiderjt
  • Starting line-up
  • Rating: 3.7/5 this site
  • 2422 posts this site

Posted: 2/14/2013 9:39 AM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 


I bet Banowsky knows that WKU's market is about the size of a busy crowd at their local Cracker Barrel on a Saturday Night. I know Wood Selig knows it which is why he got the hell out of there when he could. WKU has all of their neutral games in Nashville because none of their opponents feel that their facilities can handle their fanbase. What does that say to a better conference? Pick us but we'll have to play every game of significance somewhere else.  

Bowling Green isn't a destination, it's a place you stop at to take a leak while you're traveling to somewhere else much better.

I hope all former SBC members in CUSA road block these clowns. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2013 10:19 AM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came Post Rating (1 vote)


I try to never spend a dime in Bowling Green.

I will pee there, however. biggrin


blueraiderjt wrote: I bet Banowsky knows that WKU's market is about the size of a busy crowd at their local Cracker Barrel on a Saturday Night. I know Wood Selig knows it which is why he got the hell out of there when he could. WKU has all of their neutral games in Nashville because none of their opponents feel that their facilities can handle their fanbase. What does that say to a better conference? Pick us but we'll have to play every game of significance somewhere else.  

Bowling Green isn't a destination, it's a place you stop at to take a leak while you're traveling to somewhere else much better.

I hope all former SBC members in CUSA road block these clowns. 


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2013 10:38 AM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 


I drive thru there twice a week to and from Louisville. There are two big water towers visible from separate interstate exits. The southernmost one mentions that the town is home to Western Kentucky University. The humorous thing is the printing is all in Blue Raider royal blue.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2013 10:43 AM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 


The town is eaten up with Blue. Much worse than our orange, here.


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote
  • Blueraid
  • 2nd String
  • Rating: 3.4/5 this site
  • 960 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2013 11:24 AM

RE: Another reason why Banowsky came 



blueraiderjt wrote: I bet Banowsky knows that WKU's market is about the size of a busy crowd at their local Cracker Barrel on a Saturday Night. I know Wood Selig knows it which is why he got the hell out of there when he could. WKU has all of their neutral games in Nashville because none of their opponents feel that their facilities can handle their fanbase. What does that say to a better conference? Pick us but we'll have to play every game of significance somewhere else.  

Bowling Green isn't a destination, it's a place you stop at to take a leak while you're traveling to somewhere else much better.

I hope all former SBC members in CUSA road block these clowns. 

This is perfect.  Spot on!  devil
Reply | Quote