Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

How do you feel

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:51 PM

How do you feel 


about this tweet?

Tavarres Jefferson  @ OhLetMeThinkAll the fans that are saying ohhh no we aren't going to a bowl....y'all are the reason we ain't. Next year we won't put it in y'all's hand.

Not too smart to go after fans in my opinion
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:54 PM

Re: How do you feel 



blueraidersig wrote: about this tweet?

Tavarres Jefferson  @ OhLetMeThinkAll the fans that are saying ohhh no we aren't going to a bowl....y'all are the reason we ain't. Next year we won't put it in y'all's hand.

Not too smart to go after fans in my opinion
If this is true, he is an idiot.   Coach Stock needs to nip this stuff in the bud.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:54 PM

Re: How do you feel 


It may not be the smartest thing, but he's just venting. He was even tweeting earlier how Adam Sparks sucks as a beat writer.

BTW, I'm pretty sure it was in their hands this year....win in Jonesboro, and they go bowling....

Last edited 12/2/2012 6:56 PM by tyler90wm

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:55 PM

Re: How do you feel 


I think he is right. We can't be butt hurt on this board about it, he's right. We know he's right we just don't want to admit it. Our attendance was a JOKE this season and bowls want to make money, at the end of the day that's all that matters for them. We could not put butts in the seats, agreed they had trouble winning at home, but we couldn't even drum up a sad attendance number ours was pathetic.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:56 PM

Re: How do you feel 


No need to cast stones, when he has some "boulders" of his own. biggrin

Wonder why he wasn't in Hot Springs with the hoops team last year ?


blueraidersig wrote: about this tweet?

Tavarres Jefferson  @ OhLetMeThinkAll the fans that are saying ohhh no we aren't going to a bowl....y'all are the reason we ain't. Next year we won't put it in y'all's hand.

Not too smart to go after fans in my opinion


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:57 PM

Re: How do you feel 



agr426 wrote: I think he is right. We can't be butt hurt on this board about it, he's right. We know he's right we just don't want to admit it. Our attendance was a JOKE this season and bowls want to make money, at the end of the day that's all that matters for them. We could not put butts in the seats, agreed they had trouble winning at home, but we couldn't even drum up a sad attendance number ours was pathetic.
So do you think if we had our usual 20,000 average attendance that we'd have gone instead of WKU?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:57 PM

Re: How do you feel 


I don't think attendance had anything to do with it.

We'll all know when it comes out.


agr426 wrote: I think he is right. We can't be butt hurt on this board about it, he's right. We know he's right we just don't want to admit it. Our attendance was a JOKE this season and bowls want to make money, at the end of the day that's all that matters for them. We could not put butts in the seats, agreed they had trouble winning at home, but we couldn't even drum up a sad attendance number ours was pathetic.


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:59 PM

RE: How do you feel 


We averaged more people per game than western this year.

[Insert something here]

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:01 PM

Re: How do you feel 



BlueHillbilly wrote: I don't think attendance had anything to do with it.

We'll all know when it comes out.


agr426 wrote: I think he is right. We can't be butt hurt on this board about it, he's right. We know he's right we just don't want to admit it. Our attendance was a JOKE this season and bowls want to make money, at the end of the day that's all that matters for them. We could not put butts in the seats, agreed they had trouble winning at home, but we couldn't even drum up a sad attendance number ours was pathetic.
Yep, attendance had ZERO to do with this.   I am not "butt hurt" whatever that means but I don't like a player calling out fans.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:03 PM

RE: How do you feel Post Rating (2 votes)


Players need to worry about winning games against 1-aa opponents and not getting blown out in conference championship games. Tweet that.......

Last edited 12/2/2012 7:04 PM by CRC55

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:04 PM

Re: How do you feel 



blueraidersig wrote: about this tweet?

Tavarres Jefferson  @ OhLetMeThinkAll the fans that are saying ohhh no we aren't going to a bowl....y'all are the reason we ain't. Next year we won't put it in y'all's hand.

Not too smart to go after fans in my opinion
If Tavarres wants to know why MT isn't going to a bowl game it isn't the fans. It's not the Sun Belt.

It's 27-21 and 45-0. It was always in their hands.
We are the University of Middle Tennessee!
35° 51' 4.0" N
86° 22' 6.3" W

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:09 PM

RE: How do you feel 


It's flat out not the fans. The fans are there. It's the people that should be fans but aren't because of big games that we need to win but year in and year out have not won.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:13 PM

RE: How do you feel 


Tough position for Massaro and Stock to be in.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:15 PM

RE: How do you feel 


avg 17.5k, we should be at 28k every season. As large as the city is and as big as rutherford county is. Thats not out of question
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:19 PM

RE: How do you feel 



marlonfield wrote: avg 17.5k, we should be at 28k every season. As large as the city is and as big as rutherford county is. Thats not out of question
I agree but this program has done about as much as it can to create less interest not more. It's not even about wins and losses at this point. Too many eggs laid at home...not enough good games (win or lose).
We are the University of Middle Tennessee!
35° 51' 4.0" N
86° 22' 6.3" W

Reply | Quote
  • blueraiderjt
  • Starting line-up
  • Rating: 3.7/5 this site
  • 2422 posts this site

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:28 PM

RE: How do you feel 


You know what, I was prepared to say some really crappy things in response to this.

However, I'm a MT fan. I'm very proud of this team. I'm a blue raider and I'm not ashamed. We'll be back next year and we'll probably be in our new conference. It's all good.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:28 PM

RE: How do you feel 



ThreeIfByLightning wrote:
marlonfield wrote: avg 17.5k, we should be at 28k every season. As large as the city is and as big as rutherford county is. Thats not out of question
I agree but this program has done about as much as it can to create less interest not more. It's not even about wins and losses at this point. Too many eggs laid at home...not enough good games (win or lose).
Its all about performance on the field, the home games (losses) have KILLED us from an attendance perspective...we are drawing as good as ANY team in the country with our record over the last 12 years.   

Here are attendance figures last week...

MT   18K
FIU   12K
UC    21K - Big East School going bowling
Temple  22K 
CMU   7K, that's right a 6-6 team at 7K for SR day - that got a bowl game
Kent   18K - Yep the runner up in the MAC who was ranked 17th

So attendance has little to no impact.
Reply | Quote
  • Blueraid
  • 2nd String
  • Rating: 3.4/5 this site
  • 960 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:33 PM

RE: How do you feel 


I'd imagine it is Sun Belt leadership doing this to us because we jumped ship. Screw the Sun Belt. Hopefully we can be competing in USA this time next year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:44 PM

RE: How do you feel 


Plenty of blame go go around... Low fan support...caused by 2-10 last year losses to mcnese st andd ass whoopin by stAte...poor marketing.... Got outcoached, leaving sbc i know hurt us. We need some changes but not sure how we make them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 7:51 PM

RE: How do you feel 


Tavarres Jefferson @ OhLetMeThink

At least we will have someone at MT in Detroit...Adam sparks will be there rooting on the "sunbelt"

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >