Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >

stAte the better team

Avatar

Posted: 11/26/2012 1:11 PM

stAte the better team 


Sparks Tweet:

Troy coach Blakeney:  # MT will have to play their best game to beat Ark State. Ark State is better overall. That's the bottom line.

Troy coach Blakeney: #MT has won 8 games because of team chemistry & "great plan" in coaching. Says Ark St "just the better team"

smdownhome.png smtaunt3.gif


BlueRaiderZone.com Front Page
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 1:23 PM

Re: stAte the better team 


F Him!! I think anyone is an idiot if they claim that either team is better than the other. I have watch every game except one for MT, and I have seen three Arkansas State games. They are extremely equal. To me there is really no way to quantify this.

To me Blankley is just trying to keep himself relevent even though his team sux.

Last edited 11/26/2012 1:24 PM by blake727

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/26/2012 1:24 PM

RE: stAte the better team 


Blakeney sure is butt hurt just like their fans.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 1:33 PM

RE: stAte the better team Post Rating (1 vote)


I don't think he's necessarily wrong. stAte is probably better on paper, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not sure that we'll have to play our "best" game, but we'll need a good game to have a chance to win in Jonesboro. I think the statement about our team chemistry and coaching is dead on.
Reply | Quote
  • blueraiderjt
  • Starting line-up
  • Rating: 3.7/5 this site
  • 2422 posts this site

Posted: 11/26/2012 1:39 PM

RE: stAte the better team 


Well, his team performed about half as well against us as they did against State. Robinson threw less than half the yards he threw on ASU. They also scored 13 points less. We have the same record and we actually beat WKU, something StAte or Troy couldn't do.

Blakeney needs to worry about his own problems right now. Fans pretty much want him gone and they are ready to run the DC out of town on a rail. 2 back to back losing seasons ain't gonna get it done. We've won as many games this year than Troy has won in their last 2 seasons combined. 3 last year and 5 this year.

Keep that down home cuz.

Last edited 11/26/2012 1:40 PM by blueraiderjt

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 1:50 PM

RE: stAte the better team 


I heard the DC is already out
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/26/2012 2:16 PM

Re: stAte the better team 



BlueHillbilly wrote: Sparks Tweet:


Troy coach Blakeney: #MT has won 8 games because of team chemistry & "great plan" in coaching..."


Yeah...I can live with that.
www.godfathersbluecrew.com
Facebook.com/GodfathersBlueCrew
Twitter:  @BigUnit1865
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/26/2012 2:52 PM

RE: stAte the better team 



MTowho wrote: I don't think he's necessarily wrong. stAte is probably better on paper, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not sure that we'll have to play our "best" game, but we'll need a good game to have a chance to win in Jonesboro. I think the statement about our team chemistry and coaching is dead on.
Agreed. I see nothing wrong with his statements. They average more rushing yards, passing yards and points than Middle Tennessee. Their defense is giving up more points, but that's to be expected when you're torching folks like that.

Their average margin of victory for the season is 7.9 points. Middle's is only 2.5, so the Blue Raiders are going to have to do what they did against Troy and hope to keep it low.


Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 3:28 PM

RE: stAte the better team 



KellenFarmer wrote:
MTowho wrote: I don't think he's necessarily wrong. stAte is probably better on paper, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not sure that we'll have to play our "best" game, but we'll need a good game to have a chance to win in Jonesboro. I think the statement about our team chemistry and coaching is dead on.
Agreed. I see nothing wrong with his statements. They average more rushing yards, passing yards and points than Middle Tennessee. Their defense is giving up more points, but that's to be expected when you're torching folks like that.

Their average margin of victory for the season is 7.9 points. Middle's is only 2.5, so the Blue Raiders are going to have to do what they did against Troy and hope to keep it low.
Keep it low scoring or get our offense to its potential. As someone stated somewhere on this forum, someone has found a way to step it up in just about every game we have won.

Anyone know if A-State is as banged up as we are?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/26/2012 6:42 PM

RE: stAte the better team 



Creativeforumname wrote:
KellenFarmer wrote:
MTowho wrote: I don't think he's necessarily wrong. stAte is probably better on paper, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not sure that we'll have to play our "best" game, but we'll need a good game to have a chance to win in Jonesboro. I think the statement about our team chemistry and coaching is dead on.
Agreed. I see nothing wrong with his statements. They average more rushing yards, passing yards and points than Middle Tennessee. Their defense is giving up more points, but that's to be expected when you're torching folks like that.

Their average margin of victory for the season is 7.9 points. Middle's is only 2.5, so the Blue Raiders are going to have to do what they did against Troy and hope to keep it low.
Keep it low scoring or get our offense to its potential. As someone stated somewhere on this forum, someone has found a way to step it up in just about every game we have won.

Anyone know if A-State is as banged up as we are?

We got lucky this year, 5 of our last 6 games included at least two extra days of rest...sometimes more.  We had a bye week this past week, should be healthy.  We did however lose one of our best defensive players for the first half of your game after he was ejected against Troy.  He'll play in the 2nd half.

While I am not an MTSU fan, I have to winder this.  If Blakeny is so good at recognizing why teams play so well, why can't he figure out why his own team is sitting at home for the 2nd straight year?

Good luck this weekend fellas.   We'll bring the SBC title trophy to the party...but understand you will have to take it from us to earn it.

The dreaded sig of doom has chosen future hall of famer Jason Heyward as its target.

May the baseball gods have mercy on your soul!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 7:21 PM

RE: stAte the better team 


If we come out and play like we can, we can beat a lot of people. Our gameplan against wku will give us a good shot. We haven't played our best games the last few weeks but we have won. Hopefully we can put together a special performance Saturdayand win this thing!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 7:29 PM

RE: stAte the better team 


There are three games where I thought we wouldn't win and we came out, made big plays on defense, and forced our type of game onto the other team - Georgia Tech, Western Kentucky, and Troy. We ran the ball down GA Tech's throat and had a heck of a defensive gameplan. We ran the ball down WKU's throat when they were tops in the Belt in run defense. They didn't know what to do. We slowed down Troy's offense and made enough plays on D to win the game.

If we can do those same two things, run the ball and force turnovers on D, we're going to be Sun Belt champs. Impose our will. This team believes they can win every game they play and it shows. That's our head coach rubbing off on the team.

Last edited 11/26/2012 7:31 PM by MTowho

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 8:54 PM

Re: stAte the better team 


blake727 wrote: F Him!! I think anyone is an idiot if they claim that either team is better than the other. I have watch every game except one for MT, and I have seen three Arkansas State games. They are extremely equal. To me there is really no way to quantify this.

To me Blankley is just trying to keep himself relevent even though his team sux.



There IS a way to quantify this.  stAte is a 10 point favorite.   MT may win the game, but we are NOT equal.   stAte is a TD better on a neutral field, turnovers being equal.

Last edited 11/26/2012 8:55 PM by WinstonRedWolf

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 9:44 PM

Re: stAte the better team Post Rating (1 vote)



WinstonRedWolf wrote: blake727 wrote: F Him!! I think anyone is an idiot if they claim that either team is better than the other. I have watch every game except one for MT, and I have seen three Arkansas State games. They are extremely equal. To me there is really no way to quantify this.

To me Blankley is just trying to keep himself relevent even though his team sux.



There IS a way to quantify this.  stAte is a 10 point favorite.   MT may win the game, but we are NOT equal.   stAte is a TD better on a neutral field, turnovers being equal.
You can run numbers all day long, but you can not quantify the will power and heart that a team has.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 10:00 PM

Re: stAte the better team 



WinstonRedWolf wrote:
There IS a way to quantify this.  stAte is a 10 point favorite.   MT may win the game, but we are NOT equal.   stAte is a TD better on a neutral field, turnovers being equal.
WKU and Ga Tech were 10 and 28 point favorites, respectively; we beat both of them on their own field.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/26/2012 10:13 PM

Re: stAte the better team Post Rating (1 vote)


C'mon, lines are set to pray off gamblers' weaknesses -- they are not indicative in any way of better "teams." It's only about what can entice people to lay money on one side or the other -- that's why New York teams are constantly overvalued along with legacy squads like the Cowboys and Packers. 

Vegas feels that people THINK ASU is 10 points better and that's the right temperature to get 50-50 money on both sides. 

It's like the belief that home-field advantage equates to three points.
2011 GoDaddy.com Mobile Bowl
2009 New Orleans Bowl Champions
2006 Motor City Bowl

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/27/2012 6:32 AM

Re: stAte the better team 


As much as I hate to agree with womstonredwolf, especially after the dueling incident at the dirigible station, I must. Vegas bookmakers see this as a 36-26 stAte win. Three huzzahs for the Scarlet and Black 11.

Last edited 11/27/2012 6:32 AM by fergelvis

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 6:48 AM

RE: stAte the better team 


Of course you agree haha. You're an ASU fan. Are you kidding me?!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/27/2012 7:27 AM

Re: stAte the better team 



tyler90wm wrote:
WinstonRedWolf wrote:
There IS a way to quantify this.  stAte is a 10 point favorite.   MT may win the game, but we are NOT equal.   stAte is a TD better on a neutral field, turnovers being equal.
WKU and Ga Tech were 10 and 28 point favorites, respectively; we beat both of them on their own field.
What was the line on the McNeese State game?

"I love inside jokes...I hope to be a part of one someday"-Michael Scott

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/27/2012 7:32 AM

Re: stAte the better team 



Creativeforumname wrote:
WinstonRedWolf wrote: blake727 wrote: F Him!! I think anyone is an idiot if they claim that either team is better than the other. I have watch every game except one for MT, and I have seen three Arkansas State games. They are extremely equal. To me there is really no way to quantify this.

To me Blankley is just trying to keep himself relevent even though his team sux.



There IS a way to quantify this.  stAte is a 10 point favorite.   MT may win the game, but we are NOT equal.   stAte is a TD better on a neutral field, turnovers being equal.
You can run numbers all day long, but you can not quantify the will power and heart that a team has.
That is absolutely false.  Arkansas State has 35.6 points per game worth of heart, you guys have 29 points per game of heart.  We have more heart, just like we have more of everything else like good coaches, players, fans.  Also will you guys be bringing the kissing boys to the game this year?

"I love inside jokes...I hope to be a part of one someday"-Michael Scott

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >