Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

What happens NOW...???

Posted: 12/31/2012 5:00 PM

What happens NOW...??? 


and the Next 2-5 Years....Should UC go independant...!!!!..Should UC go Back to C-USA...Run the Table in Basketball and High on the List in Football....Could UC wind-up in the ACC...if the ACC would exist in the next Five Years....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 5:07 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 


Independent is intriguing Brell. Happy New Year BTW
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 5:51 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 


Unfortunately, there are not any good options. The ACC is not and may never be an option.  At this point, I think we should seriously think about stablizing the hoops side of the equation.  Put the basketball with the c7.  After that, we need to join the best conference with visibility and bowl tie-ins.  Hopefully, we will get a call-up to the big leagues in the next year or two if not, we have seen the pinnacle of Cincy football.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 6:27 PM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 


UC stays the course with UConn and make the best of the current situation. You give nothing to any departing member, you collect all exit fees due, you keep the Big East name and MSG for the basketball tourney. You move forward with UC, UConn, Memphis, Temple, Houston, USF, UCF, SMU, Tulane, East Carolina in an all sports conference. You play every team in football and a home and home round robin basketball schedule.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 6:39 PM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 



ronbcat wrote: UC stays the course with UConn and make the best of the current situation. You give nothing to any departing member, you collect all exit fees due, you keep the Big East name and MSG for the basketball tourney. You move forward with UC, UConn, Memphis, Temple, Houston, USF, UCF, SMU, Tulane, East Carolina in an all sports conference. You play every team in football and a home and home round robin basketball schedule.

Eff that.  UC cannot afford to be associated with these scoools any more.   We will get killed in recruiting regionally and all fan interest will be gone.   If we keep the UC/UL series the Keg of Nails will resemble the UC/Miami games from the past 7 years in the other direciotn. 

p.s.  MSG will have no interest in a tournament with these teams.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 7:53 PM

Re: What happens NOW...??? Post Rating (1 vote)



Disagree 100%. UC has no better option until the ACC or Big 12 extends an invitation and that may never happen. The Big East has MSG under contract for the basketball tourney until 2026. The Big East with UC and the other 9 schools I mentioned is a solid football conference and the champion will have a ligit chance at the 6th BCS bowl and should get $5 to $8 million per school in TV revenue. This would be a step below the Power 5 and the best option for the 10 schools.


---------------------------------------------
--- CliftonAve wrote:


ronbcat wrote: UC stays the course with UConn and make the best of the current situation. You give nothing to any departing member, you collect all exit fees due, you keep the Big East name and MSG for the basketball tourney. You move forward with UC, UConn, Memphis, Temple, Houston, USF, UCF, SMU, Tulane, East Carolina in an all sports conference. You play every team in football and a home and home round robin basketball schedule.

Eff that.  UC cannot afford to be associated with these scoools any more.   We will get killed in recruiting regionally and all fan interest will be gone.   If we keep the UC/UL series the Keg of Nails will resemble the UC/Miami games from the past 7 years in the other direciotn. 

p.s.  MSG will have no interest in a tournament with these teams.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 10:47 PM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 


Mountain West all sports.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 11:08 PM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 



Funny! Road games start at 10pm, 11 pm, 12am Cincinnati time, 1,500 to 2,300 mile road trips, 4,400 miles to Hawaii. UConn, Houston, USF, UCF, Temple, East Carolina are better football opponents than every team in MWC except for Boise.

UC, UConn, Memphis, Temple, make Big East basketball above every conference except the Power 5.




---------------------------------------------
--- thespywhozaggedme wrote:

Mountain West all sports.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/31/2012 11:15 PM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 


Nope; SJSU and USU both joined Boise as top 25 to end the season. Plus Fresno and SDSU and pretty good teams.  How far is Cincy from Houston and Dallas and Tulsa because rumor is those teams are going MWC instead.
ronbcat wrote:
Funny! Road games start at 10pm, 11 pm, 12am Cincinnati time, 1,500 to 2,300 mile road trips, 4,400 miles to Hawaii. UConn, Houston, USF, UCF, Temple, East Carolina are better football opponents than every team in MWC except for Boise.

UC, UConn, Memphis, Temple, make Big East basketball above every conference except the Power 5.




---------------------------------------------
--- thespywhozaggedme wrote:

Mountain West all sports.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 12:45 AM

RE: What happens NOW...??? Post Rating (7 votes)


MAC
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 8:39 AM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 


That MSG contract is worth about the same as any college coaching contract. The cache is gone and that place will be lucky to be half full for future tourneys after the changes. MSG will not maintain that contract; mark my words.

---------------------------------------------
--- ronbcat wrote:


Disagree 100%. UC has no better option until the ACC or Big 12 extends an invitation and that may never happen. The Big East has MSG under contract for the basketball tourney until 2026. The Big East with UC and the other 9 schools I mentioned is a solid football conference and the champion will have a ligit chance at the 6th BCS bowl and should get $5 to $8 million per school in TV revenue. This would be a step below the Power 5 and the best option for the 10 schools.


---------------------------------------------
--- CliftonAve wrote:


ronbcat wrote: UC stays the course with UConn and make the best of the current situation. You give nothing to any departing member, you collect all exit fees due, you keep the Big East name and MSG for the basketball tourney. You move forward with UC, UConn, Memphis, Temple, Houston, USF, UCF, SMU, Tulane, East Carolina in an all sports conference. You play every team in football and a home and home round robin basketball schedule.

Eff that.  UC cannot afford to be associated with these scoools any more.   We will get killed in recruiting regionally and all fan interest will be gone.   If we keep the UC/UL series the Keg of Nails will resemble the UC/Miami games from the past 7 years in the other direciotn. 

p.s.  MSG will have no interest in a tournament with these teams.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 9:07 AM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 


Tweet from Santa Ono:

@PrezOno: Happy New Year #BearcatNation. Looking forward to a BIG 2013! #justsaying
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 10:46 AM

Re: What happens NOW...??? 



---------------------------------------------
--- ronbcat wrote:

Tweet from Santa Ono:

@PrezOno: Happy New Year #BearcatNation. Looking forward to a BIG 2013! #justsaying

---------------------------------------------

This caught my eye as well. Gotta make you wonder what he's alluding to. Big 12? No way it's B1G, or is it? We're on the cusp of making the AAU and Ono has a close relationship with Gee. I still don't believe that will ever happen but Ono's post was very cryptic.

I personally think he's using the same tactic as his #hottestcollegeinamerica campaign. If you say it enough, people will believe it, and eventually it will become true.

Last edited 1/1/2013 10:48 AM by jnewyouth

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/1/2013 11:55 AM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 


What happens now is simple....we wait and hope. The B10 will expand and Cinci is on the short list. I still believe very strongly that Georgia Tech and UVA will end up getting a B10 offer.

The SEC will take Virginia Tech and either UNC/NC State.

At that point, I think Uconn and Cinci definitely get invites...my concern is whether or not the ACC decides to stay at 12 or go back to 14...if its 14, then there are three options for 2...Temple, Navy (Notre Dame Choice) and USF...which we may not get the nod since FSU and Miami are there (given, the ACC has 4 teams from NC)

but, I do believe the B12 will move to 12 at some point...and FSU will be one. Thats when USF will get its call...crappy part is, the ACC will be gutted and basically be a slightly upgraded Big East, but WAY better then we have now.

My best guess is by the end of 2015 the ACC will be:
Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest, Lville, Miami...Cinci, Uconn, USF, and Navy/Temple.
Reply | Quote
  • BearcatEd
  • BCI LETTER WINNER
  • Rating: 3.2/5 this site
  • 402 posts this site

Posted: 1/1/2013 12:00 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 


I can live with that. Beggars can't be choosers. Don't leave the nBE until a big invite comes along, otherwise you go from collecting fees to paying them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 12:49 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 



mtmedlin wrote: What happens now is simple....we wait and hope. The B10 will expand and Cinci is on the short list. I still believe very strongly that Georgia Tech and UVA will end up getting a B10 offer.

The SEC will take Virginia Tech and either UNC/NC State.

At that point, I think Uconn and Cinci definitely get invites...my concern is whether or not the ACC decides to stay at 12 or go back to 14...if its 14, then there are three options for 2...Temple, Navy (Notre Dame Choice) and USF...which we may not get the nod since FSU and Miami are there (given, the ACC has 4 teams from NC)

but, I do believe the B12 will move to 12 at some point...and FSU will be one. Thats when USF will get its call...crappy part is, the ACC will be gutted and basically be a slightly upgraded Big East, but WAY better then we have now.

My best guess is by the end of 2015 the ACC will be:
Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest, Lville, Miami...Cinci, Uconn, USF, and Navy/Temple.

I would be all over this conference.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 5:06 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 



rosewater wrote:
mtmedlin wrote: What happens now is simple....we wait and hope. The B10 will expand and Cinci is on the short list. I still believe very strongly that Georgia Tech and UVA will end up getting a B10 offer.

The SEC will take Virginia Tech and either UNC/NC State.

At that point, I think Uconn and Cinci definitely get invites...my concern is whether or not the ACC decides to stay at 12 or go back to 14...if its 14, then there are three options for 2...Temple, Navy (Notre Dame Choice) and USF...which we may not get the nod since FSU and Miami are there (given, the ACC has 4 teams from NC)

but, I do believe the B12 will move to 12 at some point...and FSU will be one. Thats when USF will get its call...crappy part is, the ACC will be gutted and basically be a slightly upgraded Big East, but WAY better then we have now.

My best guess is by the end of 2015 the ACC will be:
Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest, Lville, Miami...Cinci, Uconn, USF, and Navy/Temple.

I would be all over this conference.
This will be a decent conference, in some ways, a notch better than the BE before the current wave of defections, and still large enough for a conference championship game, but this time, please don't do this on a neutral field, play it on the home field of the higher rank/seed team.
Reply | Quote
  • PSUfre
  • Member
  • Rating: 3.1/5 this site
  • 10 posts this site

Posted: 1/1/2013 7:32 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 



WhuppinCrane wrote: MAC

That is a big step back.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 7:53 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? Post Rating (1 vote)


I'm starting to believe the MAc may be a safer long term shelter for UC. There is no guarantee that the AcC survives or thrives. Meanwhile, the MAC builds credibility, minimizes costs, and offers both excellent football and basketball competition.
The payday or away games are awesome.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/1/2013 7:59 PM

RE: What happens NOW...??? 



WhuppinCrane wrote: I'm starting to believe the MAc may be a safer long term shelter for UC. There is no guarantee that the AcC survives or thrives. Meanwhile, the MAC builds credibility, minimizes costs, and offers both excellent football and basketball competition.
The payday or away games are awesome.

This would be the kiss of death for UC's athletics programs.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >